• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Loptous

Ok, depress me. I failed to capture 4 or 5 times Raikou with 41%. :(
Adding insult to injury by saying I just caught Xerneas at 16% and Yveltal at 21%

Only 2 mons to catch and then I'm free.
But not really because I'll probably check in and farm Mew everyday for future updates ._.

Boogiepop

Freaking FINALLY! Got Blaziken. Had 6 seconds for 21 percent and it took two great balls in a row, but I finally got the bastard!

Cruncho

Beat mega Glailie first try, no items. Got down to the last move looking like there was no hope and pulled out an insane 30+ combo. RNG!

On the other side of the coin, I've fought Cottonee something like 10 times, every time over 80% catch rate at the end and it just keeps breaking out. I refuse to great ball it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Beat mega Glailie first try, no items. Got down to the last move looking like there was no hope and pulled out an insane 30+ combo. RNG!

On the other side of the coin, I've fought Cottonee something like 10 times, every time over 80% catch rate at the end and it just keeps breaking out. I refuse to great ball it.

Yeah, Glalie isn't a skill win...It's pure RNG with no items.

Draxal

This is what I did for Mawhile. Phew, just happy to be past him. Sounds like the worst is yet to come based on the comments about the other Megas.

The next mega (Ampharos) isn't that bad. But the following three after are hard. (glalie/gengar/mewtoo).

zroid

Banned
Gengar is just a stupider version of Mawile. I reckon Glalie is tougher.

That said, best I've done on Gengar so far is about 75%...

BooJoh

Gengar is just a stupider version of Mawile. I reckon Glalie is tougher.

That said, best I've done on Gengar so far is about 75%...

At least with Gengar you can bring a Haunter to counter him spawning them, and it's super effective to boot.

Boogiepop

Got my S-ranks left down to just the last 5 normal pokemon and the last 5 megas. Going to keep picking away at them but this is definitely where it's going to slow down for a bit before I can unlock that final EX stage.

Boogiepop

If anyone wants two free mega starts, type 20150007 in the passcode menu!

Awesome, thanks!

Also, finally got Floatzel's S rank, which was waaaaaay more of a pain than it should've been. Now it's probably time to muscle out Skarmory, who's looking like he'll be a rough one.

ZeroX03

Banned
Took me a Mega Start and Complexity -1 to beat Mega Gengar. Got an S Rank too. So I never have to play that awful stage again.

adroit

Took me a Mega Start and Complexity -1 to beat Mega Gengar. Got an S Rank too. So I never have to play that awful stage again.
Yeah, I'm kicking myself for not using a Complexity -1 the first time because now I have several of those higher-level trainer battles to do again to get an S rank. Dammit!!! Well, I'm not going to bother until (and if) I capture all 19 of the other EX 'mon.

Where did this come from?
I'd like to know that too. Was this an official release or was it extracted from the code or data by snoopers?

Boogiepop

Man, trying to S rank Skarmory is definitely going to be trouble. Are there any especially good tricks for this? Seems like such a pain.

Up to Mega Leopunny. Now that I actually played with Sableye, his Mega skill seems more useful than I thought. When they said O-formation, I thought it meant it removed orbs that made a square, which is weird, but it was the only one that made sense (an honest 3x3 with the middle out formation would disappear if it was ever made). I'm not fond of how he can sometimes do less damage, but I can see myself bringing him in over Kangeskhan sometimes.

In Ex-stages, has anyone else ever found themselves choosing one pokemon over the other just because some may look too similar? I just tried the first one, and I brought in Azurill and Marill. I found myself wasting time because it took an extra moment to recognize which was which for matching, and in a timed mission this worked against me.

BooJoh

I'm not sure exactly how it keeps track, but I was at 3 hearts with about 23 minutes on the timer when I quit out and set my 3DS clock forward an hour for Daylight Savings. Upon getting back into the game I still had 3 hearts and about 21 minutes on the timer, so changing the clock doesn't seem to affect anything other than forcing you to check in again to re-enable special stages.

Did they change how Meowth's special stage works? I got exactly 1000 coins for both tries this weekend.

Xemnas89

Well I'm at Mega Mewtwo now. I haven't beat him yet but he seems more manageable than the last few Mega's. Just got my two free mega starts from the passcode so next time I'm hoping to take him down quick.

Been trying to catch the fire pokémon from the expert stages in the hopes that they'll make Mega Glalie a bit easier. Caught Entei after beating him in seven seconds :lol

(On about the fiftieth attempt)

Loptous

I feel so dumb right now

I used a free Mega-Start from the passwords on Gengar instead of Mega-Gengar
Then my second attempt failed miserably.

So I finally decided to spend my free gems on coins and used Complexity -1 on that bastard.

At least EX Mewtwo is finally unlocked now.

zlCfzTFzL20yg169vy

Pretty lucky today. :)

Meowth summon coins every time you have combo higher than 3.

There will be new stuff for the game in the future?

Looking at what we have I'd assume so. All the Kanto starters final forms (Charizard, Venusaur & Blastoise) have spaces for Mega Stones and there definitely looks like there could be something after Mega Mewtwo Y.

Been trying to catch the fire pokémon from the expert stages in the hopes that they'll make Mega Glalie a bit easier. Caught Entei after beating him in seven seconds :lol

(On about the fiftieth attempt)

Charizard & Blaziken will be an awesome addition with Burn & Hitting Streak if you can get lucky and trigger both during a huge combo. Only way I ended up S-Ranking it. Entei will be a bit stronger but consider bringing Moltres because Power of 4 is a lot more likely in that battle than 5 is in most cases and you'll need every advantage you can get when it comes to Mega battles.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well I'm at Mega Mewtwo now. I haven't beat him yet but he seems more manageable than the last few Mega's. Just got my two free mega starts from the passcode so next time I'm hoping to take him down quick.

I used mega start, disruption delay, and +5 moves. He was a LOT easier than the hellish mega fights before.

Boogiepop

Okay, just got my S-rank on Togekiss, so now I just need Toxicroak, Skarmory, and Heracross before I dig into the last few megas I need S-ranks on. I still need to try Heracross a few more times before calling it a roadblock like the other two, but if anyone has any tips for S-ranking any of these guys it'd be much appreciated.

Top Bottom