• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Got to Azurill, and managed to catch Mew. Mew doesn't seem to be especially great, unless I'm underestimating Power of 5. Still it's nice that I managed to snag it before the Launch event ended, and even without a Great Ball.

adroit

It's strange that EX6 (
Moltres
) is so much harder (for me) than EX7 (
Venusaur
) and EX8 (
Blastoise
). Oh well. I'll revisit EX6 later.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
2 more main stages to clear. I've got 14 EX stages unlocked. So I think I'm going to do 149, try 150 once, and then start going back and S ranking and catching everything I missed.

I've logged 14 hours, so I'm quite content with how much this game has entertained me. I will say that some stages are definitely designed against the player...But the rest of the experience has been fantastic. I'll make it a point to catch everything and start raising the rest of my guys for when we start getting new stages. I mean, of those that I've caught, 7 pokemon are missing their mega stones. So when you out that into perspective, that's at least another 70 stages they have planned.

Also, I would love to know their earnings on this. Unless they are making bank, I can honestly see them selling something like a stamina charge reduction, coin booster, or simply dropping the IAP costs dramatically to entice folks to give a dollar or two.

That said...Is stage 150 super tough compared to Glalie, Gengar, and Mawile hell?

E: Oh one more question - any clue what the S rank criterion for given stages are? I was honestly contemplating making a Google Doc with all of my current S rank scores and seeing if everyone could help fill in missing levels/lower scores to see if we can't make heads or tails of it.

SalvaPot

For all the trouble it takes to get access to Mega-Gengar you'd think it would be worth something.

I have found that is great in the EX-Stages where you can't see your pokemon, like the cloud levels or the ice levels, because it automatically removes all gengars so it gives way to random combos while you are making combos in the areas you can actually see/control.

Xemnas89

I have found that is great in the EX-Stages where you can't see your pokemon, like the cloud levels or the ice levels, because it automatically removes all gengars so it gives way to random combos while you are making combos in the areas you can actually see/control.

Ah well that's nice to know. Maybe one day I'll get a chance to use him

If I was in charge of updating this game (as others have said, more stages seems given), I would change it so that the super effective/not very effective arrows show up within the stock when choosing Pokemon for a level. As it is now, they only show up when you actually select a Pokemon, which seems like an unnecessary extra step to get basic information. It would also make the Pokemon you're looking for a lot easier to find in most cases.

Kouriozan

Uh, there is an update but no mention of it in the OT, either it just went live or it's minor.
Still downloading it at the moment.

JoeM86

After updating, it's still say I need to update to check-in.
Guess it's just went live so :p

Yeah. I'll do some scouting.

Hope I'm not screwed out of whatever is in it for today. I checked in earlier this morning

New version: 1.1.0

Use Check In to get Version 1.1.1 which re-added the Event stages

The official site put a note about passcodes up today, saying you need to check in to redeem passcodes so maybe we're getting passcodes soon.

Edit: Got Patch Notes. It says "Bug Fixes"

Spades

Any tips for beating Raichu well enough to capture him? I've tried countless times and the best I can do is a B-rank, which ends up giving me ~10% capture chance.

Anyone have a suggested team to use?

RiggyRob

Any tips for beating Raichu well enough to capture him? I've tried countless times and the best I can do is a B-rank, which ends up giving me ~10% capture chance.

Anyone have a suggested team to use?

Use Pichu and Pikachu and then your strongest Mega and superffective Pokemon. Pichu and Pikachu should start setting off combos before you even make a move.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If anyone is willing to help me fill this out, I'd appreciate it.

It's a list of all of my current main stage S rank scores. Ideally, I'd get it filled out so that we can see if we're getting close to an S rank score of if our team is under leveled tremendously.

Quote for link!

Boba2007

If anyone is willing to help me fill this out, I'd appreciate it.

It's a list of all of my current main stage S rank scores. Ideally, I'd get it filled out so that we can see if we're getting close to an S rank score of if our team is under leveled tremendously.

Quote for link!

I'm pretty sure S ranks are based entirely on moves remaining. I beat Swablu with a score of 13,079 but didn't get an S rank because I only had one or two moves remaining. Then I tried again, had a much lower score (about 4,000) but more moves and got S rank.

And to go along with that, the score it shows on the map is your highest score, not the score you got an S rank with.

Edit: Yup, just ran another test. Beat Swablu with only a score of 2694. Had 3 moves remaining though and got S.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm pretty sure S ranks are based entirely on moves remaining. I beat Swablu with a score of 13,079 but didn't get an S rank because I only had one or two moves remaining. Then I tried again, had a much lower score (about 4,000) but more moves and got S rank.

And to go along with that, the score it shows on the map is your highest score, not the score you got an S rank with.

Edit: Yup, just ran another test. Beat Swablu with only a score of 2694. Had 3 moves remaining though and got S.

Really? Moves remaining is the only factor? If that's the case, I'll remove my link. That makes things easier, though!

Boba2007

Really? Moves remaining is the only factor? If that's the case, I'll remove my link. That makes things easier, though!

Yeah, and now that I think about it, it seems to be that you need half of the moves remaining for S rank. I've been grinding out S ranks and it looks like you need 7 moves remaining on the 15 turn stages. Since Swablu took 3 out of the 6 moves to get S rank, that's what makes me think it's half.

adroit

This game is so damn stupid but I still play it. What a moron I am :D
I think it makes us masochists, not morons. 8D

Beat the puzzle! Failed the capture!
Beat the puzzle! Failed the capture!
Beat the puzzle with an S rank! Failed the capture!

Whoooohooo, I'm having so much fun!!!

You guys weren't kidding about Mega Glalie. That thing is an asshole.

I thought I'd beat it at its own game by bringing Snorunt and Glaceon along.

It started spawning Pidgeys. :|

BooJoh

After updating and checking in it said it was downloading extra data. My guess is they patched out some bugs that were previously hotfixed and added data for upcoming events later this month, but nothing seems different as far as I can tell.

bjork

I'm only up to Charmeleon. Beat him but didn't catch him. I'm refusing to use gems or put any money in, and I only use coins for +5 moves. It's taking forever this way, but at my one play session per day pace, it'll take forever anyway. At least it's enjoyable.

BooJoh

I swear every time I use a Moves +5 I finish with more than 5 moves left. On the bright side, I not only managed to beat, but caught Togekiss (with a Great Ball.)

Loptous

That feeling when you use your coins on Mega Start + Disruption Delay and still manage to fail a stage... ;~;

Only 2 mons to S-Rank
Screw you Mega-Gengar
The other one is Skarmory somehow. Not sure how to tackle that one.

Also, I caught both Entei and Raikou in a row this morning with 21% each.

MrPanic

This game is really enjoyable. It made me think about getting Pokemon Link Battle. Is that game just as this one, what are the differences, is it worth it?

Loptous

This game is really enjoyable. It made me think about getting Pokemon Link Battle. Is that game just as this one, what are the differences, is it worth it?
The general consensus is that Shuffle is better on top of being free.

The problem with Link Battle is that it gets repetitive really fast since there's really no strategy involved. Catching things in that game actually felt like a chore. I personally wouldn't recommend it.
I somehow remember having a lot of fun with the original Link on DS though (which is what made me buy Link Battle in the first place), but I barely remember how the game worked now.

tolkir

That feeling when you use your coins on Mega Start + Disruption Delay and still manage to fail a stage... ;~;

Only 2 mons to S-Rank
Screw you Mega-Gengar
The other one is Skarmory somehow. Not sure how to tackle that one.

Also, I caught both Entei and Raikou in a row this morning with 21% each.

Ok, depress me. I failed to capture 4 or 5 times Raikou with 41%. :(

Robin64

So I got to stage 120 but have no hearts left. I think the game just saved me a world of pain, in a way, and I can go bed all happy.

Ryhian

Any reason not to do the update in the game? I know last time there was a fix to an exploit. Not that I'm looking to exploit, too much .=P I've beat 150 levels and just working on catching Pokemon I missed. May venture into the EX stages soon.

Swamped

Banned
I was too but hearing it on every stage multiple times per day has made me hate it now haha

Oh yeah i actually meant the Mega battle theme. The mega theme can get annoying really quickly...

Scouring this topic for tips on Mega Mawile now. He always has a tiny bit of life left at the end...maybe i just need to level up my pokemon.

n64coder

Mega Mawhile is a real son of a bitch. These extra stages are brutally tough too.

Agreed. I just beat Mega Mawhile after 5 tries. I used the team given to me by using optimize.
Level 5 sableye, level 2 Combusken, level 5 Torchic, level 4 Phanpy. Just focused on making the best combos possible. Was able to achieve B rank.

I haven't completed a single extra stage yet. Also haven't spent any coins or jewels.

Top Bottom