• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Xemnas89

Well just beat Mega Mewtwo and now I guess it's time to tackle the EX stages since I haven't done many of them yet. Do we know if they're going to add more stages anytime soon?

Charizard & Blaziken will be an awesome addition with Burn & Hitting Streak if you can get lucky and trigger both during a huge combo. Only way I ended up S-Ranking it. Entei will be a bit stronger but consider bringing Moltres because Power of 4 is a lot more likely in that battle than 5 is in most cases and you'll need every advantage you can get when it comes to Mega battles.

The problem is catching them! Blaziken looks like it'll be a right sod and I don't think I can be bothered to try and beat it with those stupid clouds there.

I just got Glalie down to about 20%, but I think there was a large amount of luck there, it froze the same couple of columns a few times so I had a lot of the board open for most of the fight. Still not enough. I do suspect that if I keep playing it I'll probably get the luck I need, it's just incredibly frustrating all the other times!

Boogiepop

Just to confirm: Moves+5 doesn't help with S-ranks, does it? I've been operating under the assumption that it doesn't, though that'd be awesome right about now if it did...

Okay, just got my S-rank on Togekiss, so now I just need Toxicroak, Skarmory, and Heracross before I dig into the last few megas I need S-ranks on. I still need to try Heracross a few more times before calling it a roadblock like the other two, but if anyone has any tips for S-ranking any of these guys it'd be much appreciated.

You're just going to have to dig in, play and hope the game wants to be nice to you. If you need an edge just know that Moves+5 & Time+10 do factor in to S-Ranks so if you need a bit of an edge/cushion you can count on those if it gets to be too much. If anything else taking your chosen team to an EX stage where they have the advantage and EXPx1.5 can also help out too by leveling them up for additional damage to make up for the randomness of trying to trigger abilities.

If I can grind it out then anybody can pull it off.

The problem is catching them! Blaziken looks like it'll be a right sod and I don't think I can be bothered to try and beat it with those stupid clouds there.

I just got Glalie down to about 20%, but I think there was a large amount of luck there, it froze the same couple of columns a few times so I had a lot of the board open for most of the fight. Still not enough. I do suspect that if I keep playing it I'll probably get the luck I need, it's just incredibly frustrating all the other times!

EX Stages just happen. If the game gives you the right opening setup then not only clearing it but S-Ranking it becomes just as possible. Just be sure to start a large chain from the outset. If you can do that then the stages give you plenty of time to put something together to continue said chain. EX Stages started to click for me once I figured that part out.

Thinking about Glalie reminds me in asking the question of why there wasn't an usable Mega representing every type from the outset. This would've been really helpful.

Boogiepop

You're just going to have to dig in, play and hope the game wants to be nice to you. If you need an edge just know that Moves+5 & Time+10 do factor in to S-Ranks so if you need a bit of an edge/cushion you can count on those if it gets to be too much. If anything else taking your chosen team to an EX stage where they have the advantage and EXPx1.5 can also help out too by leveling them up for additional damage to make up for the randomness of trying to trigger abilities.

If I can grind it out then anybody can pull it off.

Thanks for this, seriously. Felt like I was banging my head against a wall, but learning that those moves+5 help is a serious godsend. I just got Toxicroak done with that on my first try.
Edit: And Skarmory!
Edit Edit: And Heracross! Now I just need to go back for 5 more megas!

BooJoh

Reminder: The Mew event ends at 06:00 UTC, March 9, 2015.

That's just over 7 hours from the time of this post.

11pm PDT / 2am EDT

Boogiepop

Any strategies for Haxorus?

It has a specific solution since everything's always the same. Pretty much, you want to figure out how to move that center row such that you use up all your moves without causing the reset: IE only get a double match once. If you do it right all the blocks clear after your last move for a kill.

In other news, got the S-rank on Mega Glalie with a moves+5 and disruption delay! Which totally failed thus far on Mega Mawile so I'm going to come back to that one after I take out the other 3 probably (Mega Ampharos, Gengar, and Mewtwo).

Elija2

Well, I finally caught every main Pokemon.

How many EX stages are there? Do I have to S Rank every main stage to unlock them all?

JoeM86

Look what just showed up
B_olFs0WQAA_0Eg.png

BooJoh

Mew event has been extended two weeks to March 23, 2015.

Kyogre Makes a Splash - 06:00 UTC 3/9/2015 - 06:00 UTC 3/23/2015
This is your chance to take on the Legendary Pokémon Kyogre. This powerful foe can only be encountered in this stage. Don't let this one pass you by!
You will be rewarded with a Jewel the first time you clear this stage!

OP updated to reflect these events.

BooJoh

I got Kyogre on my first try too. 17 moves remaining when I beat him.

zlCfzTF-4J03PNW8OZ

I'm not nearly as close to completion as a lot of others here but it's coming along slowly but surely. I have a feeling S-ranks will be tougher than catches for some stages.

Boba2007

Huh, Mew's stage was set to not being cleared, with 14 days remaining, and the new notice says:

Note: Even if you cleared this stage between 2/18 and 3/9, you can earn another 1,000 coins the first time you clear this stage.

This makes it seem like it you won't get the coins every time you beat the stage like before.

Maybe they count it as another form rather than a Mega Evolution and we'll get an event for it later

That might make a lot of sense.

Huh, Mew's stage was set to not being cleared, with 14 days remaining, and the new notice says:

This makes it seem like it you won't get the coins every time you beat the stage like before.

Perhaps. Unless that coin thing happens again.

It would be really hilarious if the Kyogre event ended up being a jewel farming source, though!

Robin64

Kyogre was nice and easy.

I do wonder why they word the Mew reward as a one time thing, when it clearly hasn't been. And I wonder if that means Kyogre will give a Jewel each day... >:)

Thanks for this, seriously. Felt like I was banging my head against a wall, but learning that those moves+5 help is a serious godsend. I just got Toxicroak done with that on my first try.
Edit: And Skarmory!
Edit Edit: And Heracross! Now I just need to go back for 5 more megas!

Boom. Glad you were able to take care of it! Now go get the rest of them!

Look what just showed up
B_olFs0WQAA_0Eg.png

Shit! I just quit you!

Loptous

Beat Blaziken with 6 sec left and caught it at ~20%.

I only have EX Mewtwo to catch-
Actually, I mean I only have EX Mewtwo to beat... That thing is insane, man...

Believe me, it's worth it. 20+ tries without and failed. 1 try with a bunch of boosts and he fell like nothing.

Managed to beat him friday with Moves+5 and Mega Start. I said that I would stop to play if I couldn't beat him after that so I'm glad I did it but I still don't think no full game purchase option is sad... Of course at the end I'll say that I played more than 50 hours for "free" but I really really hate having to wait for the game to tell me "when" to play.

Well now's not the time to complain... I just hope Nintendo will experiment more with various payment options in the future :p
unlocking content or crystals/hearts with the Pikachu Amiibo could be nice

Also Kyogre is here ! I have to catch him, he's one of my favorites legendary (making a big pile of coins so I can purchase everything and catch him with a super pokéball if needed).

Chû Totoro;155167864 said:
Also Kyogre is here ! I have to catch him, he's one of my favorites legendary (making a big pile of coins so I can purchase everything and catch him with a super pokéball if needed).

You won't need any of that. Kyogre is super easy. I beat and caught it first try with 19 moves left, which yielded a 65% catch rate.

bjork

Got Kyogre on my first try, and I'm up to... whoever is after Mega Altaria.

Is it a bad strategy to find a couple guys you like and stick with them if they don't have a type advantage? I've been rolling with Sableye and Kfleki, then whoever has a type advantage, only swapping them out when they don't.

Got Kyogre on my first try, and I'm up to... whoever is after Mega Altaria.

Is it a bad strategy to find a couple guys you like and stick with them if they don't have a type advantage? I've been rolling with Sableye and Kfleki, then whoever has a type advantage, only swapping them out when they don't.

The main sticking points are the Mega fights against Glalie, Gengar and Mewtwo by the sounds of things. I'd put some stuff in your team strong against ice/ghost/psychic types as you're going along to make things a bit easier later.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
EX18 unlocked. I'm going through and S-ranking everything before I worry about catching everything. Mega Mawile, Gengar, and Glalie were [thankfully] done on my first completions of them. Mega Mewtwo Y will have to be played again, but by the time I'm done with everything, I should have enough coins to trivialize it.

Currently stuck on trying to catch Moltres. Hopefully Kyogre will help somewhat.

Best rate I had was 42% with a Great Ball. So close...

Meanwhile, I totally obliterated Zapdos (my only EX S Rank).

SaintZ

I started playing this a week ago and yes, Mega Mawile is the devil. I beat it with a Mega Start and I had to spend a jewel because I need just one extra turn to win -_- (after like 8 tries). At least the nightmare is over :3

Boogiepop

Beat Blaziken with 6 sec left and caught it at ~20%.

I only have EX Mewtwo to catch-
Actually, I mean I only have EX Mewtwo to beat... That thing is insane, man...
You talking non-mega Mewtwo? That scares me a little if it's on the level of Blaziken at all. I haven't even been thinking about the catch, just unlocking the darn thing.

Also, I'm down to just Mega Mawile, Gengar, and Mewtwo Y. The first two seem to pretty much require disruption delay and moves+5 to have a chance against them (haven't tried Mewtwo Y with that yet), and even with those I've failed to get the S rank more than once. I think I'm at the point where I'm going to say screw it and hope adding a complexity-1 locks it up, though that'll require some coin grinding. And then I'll just have to scream and pull my hair out if I fail after that heavy of an investment. I feel like I'll probably lose more coins gambling without the complexity-1, so here's hoping it does the trick and frees me from this.

I started playing this a week ago and yes, Mega Mawile is the devil. I beat it with a Mega Start and I had to spend a jewel because I need just one extra turn to win -_- (after like 8 tries). At least the nightmare is over :3

is over? nope, it's only just begun.

Loptous

You talking non-mega Mewtwo? That scares me a little if it's on the level of Blaziken at all. I haven't even been thinking about the catch, just unlocking the darn thing.

Also, I'm down to just Mega Mawile, Gengar, and Mewtwo Y. The first two seem to pretty much require disruption delay and moves+5 to have a chance against them (haven't tried Mewtwo Y with that yet), and even with those I've failed to get the S rank more than once. I think I'm at the point where I'm going to say screw it and hope adding a complexity-1 locks it up, though that'll require some coin grinding. And then I'll just have to scream and pull my hair out if I fail after that heavy of an investment. I feel like I'll probably lose more coins gambling without the complexity-1, so here's hoping it does the trick and frees me from this.
Yes.
At least I could beat Blaziken consistently even if it was with less than 3 seconds left most of the time.
I haven't even cleared Mewtwo once so far. For info, you have 2 minutes to bring him down. He starts off rather easy and at first, will only turn tokens into ice one at a time. But once he hits ~10% of health left, smokescreen everywhere.

I used complexity-1 against Mega-Mewtwo and Mega-Gengar
Mawile should be manageable without it.
+5 moves won't count toward getting a S-Rank I think, so don't use it.

Vena

Have they announced anything other than the 1mil downloads? I'm curious about RoI and IAP purchases on this title for PokeCo.

Boogiepop

Yes.
At least I could beat Blaziken consistently even if it was with less than 3 seconds left most of the time.
I haven't even cleared Mewtwo once so far. For info, you have 2 minutes to bring him down. He starts off rather easy and at first, will only turn tokens into ice one at a time. But once he hits ~10% of health left, smokescreen everywhere.

I used complexity-1 against Mega-Mewtwo and Mega-Gengar
Mawile should be manageable without it.
+5 moves won't count toward getting a S-Rank I think, so don't use it.
Man, that's worrying, but I'm sure I'll muscle through it eventually.

And the +5 actually does help with getting S ranks, which was super helpful on a few when I found that out (useless for catching, though).

Top Bottom