• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

bjork

I just had my first Mega Mawile encounter. I got fairly close, all things considered. But with the troubles people are having here, I'm going to count how many times it takes me to beat it.

n64coder

oh what up with the stages with only 3 moves and then only a 5-10% catch rate, that's messed up yo

How many moves are you taking? Ideally you should beat it in one move or two. I think I did one in two moves and the catch percentage was somewhere in the 20s. I still caught it after a couple of attempts.

It's that RNG at play. Sometimes you catch stuff with only 5 or 14% but fail to catch ones that are in the high 80s or low 90s.

Javier

I lost count, but Mega Mawile took me like 20 turns until I managed to beat it with no items or jewels.

This game almost made me hate the Mega Evolution of my favorite Pokemon. Almost. ALMOST.

Defeated Kyogre on my first try. Used two Great Balls which still failed even though I was at 70%.
Defeated Kyogre on the second try...one Poke Ball was enough to get it.
RNG gods are laughing at my luck right now.

zroid

Banned
I finally beat that bastard Blaziken (with 0 seconds left...)

Almost tempted to blow all my money on great balls till it's caught :<

Boba2007

Alright, I've only got a few more stages to S rank: Mega Mawile, Mega Glalie, Gengar, Zoroark, Mega Gengar and Mega Mewtwo Y.
Those of you that are done S-ranking, what powerups should I use? I've got 12,000 coins plus the two free Mega Starters and the -1 Complexity (although I would probably want to save that for the final EX stage).

adroit

Anyone have the S rank solution to 72? Also 12 gems! Going to hold on to them.
If that's the level with Treecko disruptions, put Treecko on your team and play the stage over and over until you get a lucky explosion. The game randomly distributes the 'mon on your team. It works best when Treecko gets assigned where it will take out two columns before you make your first move. The rest is luck.

Hope I'm remembering the right level.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If that's the level with Treecko disruptions, put Treecko on your team and play the stage over and over until you get a lucky explosion. The game randomly distributes the 'mon on your team. It works best when Treecko gets assigned where it will take out two columns before you make your first move. The rest is luck.

Hope I'm remembering the right level.

Nah, it's Grovyle. It is like a 4 move level or something like that.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yes, and it prefills the grid with some Treecko, not itself. Put Treecko on your team and hope for luck.

I looked it up. This is the level I thought it was.

Oh I assumed it was Grovyle that it pit there. I'll go take care of it and be done with, haha. Thanks!

Xemnas89

I'm a bit troubled right now because I don't know how I'm supposed to S rank some of the Mega evolutions when I can't even consistently beat them. I might have to give up on getting all S ranks.

Boogiepop

I'm a bit troubled right now because I don't know how I'm supposed to S rank some of the Mega evolutions when I can't even consistently beat them. I might have to give up on getting all S ranks.

Worst case scenario: save up for a combo of moves+5, disruption delay, and complexity-1. I've had to use that twice now, but now I only need to save up so I can do the same to Mega Mewtwo Y before I can be done with S ranks.

Camjo-Z

Man, they really screwed up with the monetization on this game. I've been tempted to buy some jewels but I can never commit to it because of how random the game is. At least with a game like Puzzle & Dragons you're guaranteed some rewards when you clear a stage, here you're just going into every level sight unseen and hoping the RNG doesn't screw you out of a heart at the end. Why would I spend money when there's a chance it'll just be wasted? And doling out a measly 1 heart per 30 minutes and 100 coins per stage is plain stingy.

It's too bad they didn't offer an option to just buy the game outright, because it's a lot more fun than Battle Trozei. I think I'll spend my free jewels on coins and treat the game like it's part of Streetpass Plaza - a nice little distraction, but meant to be played a little bit at a time.

Xemnas89

Worst case scenario: save up for a combo of moves+5, disruption delay, and complexity-1. I've had to use that twice now, but now I only need to save up so I can do the same to Mega Mewtwo Y before I can be done with S ranks.

Yeah that seems to be the only plan of action at this point. We'll see if I have the dedication to do it.

Draxal

Down to Togekiss/Gengar/Zorark for the catchable pokemons in the main, going to be a while before I s rank them all though.

Boba2007

Using complexity might be overkill, just using Mega Start might work. I just S ranked Mega Glalie with +5, Disruption Delay, and Mega Start.

I still have to do Mega Mawile, Mega Gengar and Mega Mewtwo, though.

Boogiepop

Using complexity might be overkill, just using Mega Start might work. I just S ranked Mega Glalie with +5, Disruption Delay, and Mega Start.

I still have to do Mega Mawile, Mega Gengar and Mega Mewtwo, though.

Yeah, I got Glalie without the complexity as well, and I feel like you COULD get the others without it, but it didn't feel like enough of a lock that I could be certain I could get them before I wasted more coins than just buying the complexity.

Hachitora

So I just got to Mega Glalie. Whoa...

Also, anyone know why I started with 8 hearts today? Sorry if this was answered already.

Edit: Lol, beat him on the second try. I think it was the complexity -1 :p

Boba2007

Just barely got S rank on Mega Gengar using +5 moves, Disruption Delay and Mega Start. I finished with only 10 moves (what's needed for S rank) and just enough damage to kill it.

Once I'm able to check in I'll have enough coins to use on Mega Mewtwo with my free -1 Complexity. Unfortunately I made a stupid mistake trying to beat it before and wasted some coins, but whatever.

If Mew doesn't give coins anymore, catching the four EX Pokemon I have left is going to be a huge pain.

Edit: I was right, Mew no longer gives 1000 coins after beating it again. And no, Kyogre doesn't give extra gems either.

But at least I'm finished with S ranks.

Xemnas89

Yeah I also found out the hard way that Mew doesn't give you 1000 coins once a day anymore. It's a shame because I need coins to S rank some of these Mega Evolutions.

I was stuck in this level for almost two weeks, finally beat it this weekend.
I was about to quit playing. I like the game, I really enjoy it, but I absolutely despise its business model.
I did it on my second try! I used Disruption Delay and Mega Start. This probably the first time I've used those things on a battle.

Yeah,I really like the game a lot but the business model makes no sense to me.

adroit

I should have read this thread before I tried Mew again.
"Fixed."
Welp, they're putting the thumb screws on now. If future mega stones are locked behind increasingly insane trainer battles, this game is either going to be too frustrating or too expensive to play.

It's possible they'll dial back the trainer difficulty in the beginning of the next set of stages (whenever those become a reality) and build back up to insane levels by the end.

Either way, I think I'm losing interest in this game. It was fun.

I probably need a breather stage at this point too.

Also, if the Meowth stage ever shows up again, I believe that you should try for match-4 and 5s. Try not to waste them at Ls, Ts, and crosses that are smaller than 4.

Thanks for the heads up on Mew not giving 1,000 coins everyday now. I was just about to give it a go, but thought I would check the always-dependable GAF first.

Gonna be a bit rough not getting those 1,000 coins daily now that I'm getting to the tougher stages (120+).

Mega Glalie can just fuck right off now, I've had it.

tT6YO6C.png

There really should have been some limit in the game to how many squares can be iced over :lol

I was going to try and beat the game without items but I honestly can't be bothered because that fight is just 100% unfair. I'm just going to buy one of everything and S-Rank that son of a bitch into oblivion.

Loptous

I just want to confirm, you can get an infinite amount of Great Balls after you beat a stage? And does it double your odds every time you buy one (1%>2%>4%>8%, etc.) ?

I plan to give my team one more level each (should be ten or so battles) and then go all out against Mewtwo.
Have 45000 coins so far. Buying all power ups should cost 13000 coins and hopefully, that leaves the rest for great balls.

I just want to confirm, you can get an infinite amount of Great Balls after you beat a stage? And does it double your odds every time you buy one (1%>2%>4%>8%, etc.) ?

I plan to give my team one more level each (should be ten or so battles) and then go all out against Mewtwo.
Have 45000 coins so far. Buying all power ups should cost 13000 coins and hopefully, that leaves the rest for great balls.

I don't know about infinite but I assume they are. It only doubles once, though, and then every great ball will have the same rate.

bjork

After Mega Mawile encounter #2 went horribly awry, I turned to a "why don't I catch the rest of the guys first and polish off s-ranks too" method, heh.

Insaniac

Been powering through the last few levels. Got stuck once on Mega Mawile, then I tried again. After about 4 turns in and getting utterly pissed at the disruption, I almost just quit, but decided to keep going. Managed to beat it barely. Now at stage 101 and still going strong.

Top Bottom