• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Oh sh... No coins from Mew.

It was fun while it lasted.

Hmm, I didn't get the coins from checking in either. Was I just too early or did I look away and not notice?

Oh... Going all out doesn't sound like such a great idea now... : (
I guess I can ignore the +10s power up too if I end up going through that plan.

Thanks.

Just so you know is very rarely will the game court you to throw another Great Ball. It is never worth it to throw it but I just wanted to put it out there that it does happen.

Loptous

I'm from Europe and didn't get the +1000 coins when beating Mew

Finally beat EX Mewtwo. A complete fluke since I got 6 extra combos after the timer ended.

The end is near though.

Growlie19

Finally beat Mega Mewtwo and caught everything on the main path. Now to catch the EXs and get more S ranks! I also caught Kyogre first try yesterday. Too bad we can't farm coins from Mew anymore....

lewisgone

I got coins from both, checking in and finishing Mew stage.
Europe here, if that even matters...

Nope, Mew coins are no more. The reason you probably got them is because the stage "refreshed" when the game updated and the dates for the Mew availability were extended. So everyone got coins once more, but you'll see if you play tomorrow that that's it.

Chris1

Still haven't been able to catch Kyogre. :/

I end up with 1 or no moves left so the catch rate is really low anyway.

I'd say continue catching more pokemon then go back to it, I managed to finish it with 16 moves left I believe and I wasn't too far into the game.

What's the best way to get coins now outside of checking in? Just farm meowth for the extra 300 coins for 4 coin matches? Ugh, I'm really regretting using my jewels on more hearts now.

Boba2007

Well, I guess I'm stuck grinding the main stage Meowth for a while to get coins. I'll have a chance to catch Mewtwo in like, 4 days :\

Have been trying to S rank Sawk for like the whole day. So far I wasted 1x disruption, 2x move +5 and 1x mega start, all I got was A rank at best. Wth is going on?

Boogiepop

I'd say continue catching more pokemon then go back to it, I managed to finish it with 16 moves left I believe and I wasn't too far into the game.

What's the best way to get coins now outside of checking in? Just farm meowth for the extra 300 coins for 4 coin matches? Ugh, I'm really regretting using my jewels on more hearts now.

Meowth is the best chance for coins, yeah. It took me like a day and a half to grind the coins out of it for a disruption delay, moves+5, and complexity-1, which I'm getting ready to use as soon as I get a heart back to take down Mega Mewtwo for my last S rank (and of course pull my hair out if I fail). But yeah, at best you'll get 530 coins per try which is definitely doable, but it can be a tricky balance to focus on setting up and keeping the health in just the right place where you can kill Meowth at the end but not before you get the coins, and it's best to set up so you can cash out for the 300 (or even the 100 if things go bad enough).

So I just had this game forced upon me via SpotPass... I am really bothered by "F2P" games, and would prefer it if Nintendo stayed away from them, so it's kind of insulting how Nintendo is disregarding my autonomy on this and pushing it to me, anyways. I'm almost considering turning off SpotPass altogether over this, in protest...

LOLDSFAN

So I just had this game forced upon me via SpotPass... I am really bothered by "F2P" games, and would prefer it if Nintendo stayed away from them, so it's kind of insulting how Nintendo is disregarding my autonomy on this and pushing it to me, anyways. I'm almost considering turning off SpotPass altogether over this, in protest...

Wat?

They literally installed the game onto your system without your consent?

Wat?

They literally installed the game onto your system without your consent?

Well technically I kinda did consent when I checked the "Yes, I'm willing to receive software updates and stuff via SpotPass" box (or whatever it was) when setting up my system; I just had no idea it would lead to stuff like this being forced upon me... And I suppose it only kinda half-installed; it came in the normal present box that you normally get when you manually install software, but then when I clicked it again after unwrapping it, it said I needed to download this software from Nintendo eShop before I could launch it... so technically it isn't actually installed, but it's still taking up a square on my Home Screen though...

LeleSocho

Banned
Mega Glalie took out all the joy i had from playing the game... how i am supposed to beat it? i have 3 super effective pokémons with 70 base attack and i can't get not even close to beat him.

Well technically I kinda did consent when I checked the "Yes, I'm willing to receive software updates and stuff via SpotPass" box (or whatever it was) when setting up my system; I just had no idea it would lead to stuff like this being forced upon me... And I suppose it only kinda half-installed; it came in the normal present box that you normally get when you manually install software, but then when I clicked it again after unwrapping it, it said I needed to download this software from Nintendo eShop before I could launch it... so technically it isn't actually installed, but it's still taking up a square on my Home Screen though...
I got a prompt asking me if I wanted to delete the icon after I declined to download the game.

Boogiepop

And I've unlocked the final stage. It's definitely going to be interesting to see how hard that catch is going to be. I did get surprisingly close to the kill on my first try though. I'll just have to keep plugging away at it till I can finally get a decent catch rate on it I guess, but at least it's finally unlocked.

Villager

Neo Member
everyones made it sound like it was soooo easy to get kyogre but i got handily beaten by him despite having three normal pokemon have typing advantages against him.

i guess i have to get my mega evolution pokemon to have a typing advantage against him too.

Symtendo

I saw yesterday after checking in that there is now a Pokemon of the day but I couldn't find anything about it outside of that menu, where do i access this and what exactly is it?

I got Kyogre after 3 tries - at the time I had Pikachu, Mow Rotom, Treecko, and MSableye. Entire match was just combo after combo, it was great.

eRonin

I just beat Mega Glalie using a disruption delay. Had three moves left and got pretty lucky near the end with Mega Mawile (who for me was harder to catch).

Boogiepop

Well THAT was some serious crap. The glitch I mentioned before where if an attacking Pokemon is effecting a Pokemon as it's Mega Evolving, it'll stay in its original form: just had that happen on Mewtwo... and he froze my Sableye in the top row, completely unmatchable, block off the whole thing for most of that run. Ugh.

LOLDSFAN

The same also happened with Wii Sports Club installing on people's Wii U systems.

Wow didn't know they actually pushed the software like that. I've only gotten notifications. Guess I don't blame you for being upset.

Bronzong is an asshole. Numerous attempts, cannot catch it. And I refuse to use coins, either, as I need them for Mega Gengar right away.

Man.

BooJoh

When I got my mom a 3DS a while back it did this over time. I think it put icons on there for Nintendo Video, Hulu, Rusty, and Steel Diver. My OG 3DS I recently transferred off of just got Shuffle pushed to it too.

The "Automatic Software Downloads" option under SpotPass in the Internet Settings does exactly that, and turning it off would solve your issue without affecting you in any other way as far as I know. I think you'd still get the notifications and automatic system updates too.

TrickRoom

If they update this game more, I hope we get a few more puzzles like Haxorus. That was pretty fun in an actual puzzle way.

Actually, it makes me wonder how many stages are set up deterministically. I know there were a few stages (particularly low-move-limit ones) that set up the grid with a few static details, but I'd stop paying attention after the other pieces started falling in.

Loptous

I can beat EX Mewtwo without power ups now \o/
1 out of 4 times
I still get crappy odds though

Also I had a bug yesterday, in which I grabbed a Gengar token before it Mega evolved, and I was stuck with a normal Gengar token on the board the whole time. It wouldn't match with the Mega evolved ones and wasn't affected by their effect.

JoeM86

I can beat EX Mewtwo without power ups now \o/
1 out of 4 times
I still get crappy odds though

Also I had a bug yesterday, in which I grabbed a Gengar token before it Mega evolved, and I was stuck with a normal Gengar token on the board the whole time. It wouldn't match with the Mega evolved ones and wasn't affected by their effect.

Noticed another person spot that. Will probably be fixed in the next patch

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Disruption delay
Lots of latter stages need this

I used it 3 times to complete everything, so lots is a bit exaggerated.

Still working in s ranks, but I've definitely slowed down. Game is still fun, but now that progression done, motivation is a bit lower.

Ladekabel

First time on Mega Mewtwo: "This isn't that hard, I might do this...*starts his third or fourth disruption" What the hell?"

Second time went in with complexity -1, mega start, +5 turns and disruption delay. Destroyed it. Had 18 turns left and S-Ranked it with no problem.

Now trying to catch everything I missed and than going to the EX-stages.

Top Bottom