• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Boogiepop

I can beat EX Mewtwo without power ups now o/
1 out of 4 times
I still get crappy odds though

Also I had a bug yesterday, in which I grabbed a Gengar token before it Mega evolved, and I was stuck with a normal Gengar token on the board the whole time. It wouldn't match with the Mega evolved ones and wasn't affected by their effect.
I did Mewtwo for the first few times yesterday, and ran into that twice. Second time fortunately wasn't that bad though, since it was at least frozen near the bottom. I saw it happen on Yveltal before, but I think Mewtwo is where it's a noticable issue.

And maybe it's because I had a nice team for it, but Mewtwo doesn't seem that bad. Not good, but less "this feels unwinnable" than Blaziken did to me. Got a win in my first 7 tries or so, no items. And I got a 4% out of 4 seconds left, so at least it seems doable to escape the dreaded 1% odds. Going to take a number more tries before I get consistent, though.

I just realized that I haven't exactly used Complexity -1 yet in the game. Does it remove non-support Pokémon from play if there is any, and only removes your own Pokémon if there aren't any extras?

Loptous

I did Mewtwo for the first few times yesterday, and ran into that twice. Second time fortunately wasn't that bad though, since it was at least frozen near the bottom. I saw it happen on Yveltal before, but I think Mewtwo is where it's a noticable issue.

And maybe it's because I had a nice team for it, but Mewtwo doesn't seem that bad. Not good, but less "this feels unwinnable" than Blaziken did to me. Got a win in my first 7 tries or so, no items. And I got a 4% out of 4 seconds left, so at least it seems doable to escape the dreaded 1% odds. Going to take a number more tries before I get consistent, though.
Yeah, he's more fair than the Megas at least.
Anyway I just caught it at 10%!!
Didn't even have to use power ups.

So I guess I'm done
until they release Groudon

Also, for those who were wondering, no unlimited great balls. You only get to throw 3.
Found out the hard way after failing to catch it at 26%.

E-phonk

Banned
End game spoiler:

just beat
Mewtwo Y
and was surprised it was the last stage and
nothing happened after I beat him. Also was thinking I read it were 159 stages, but apparently it are only 150?
Or did I miss something.?

End game spoiler:

just beat
Mewtwo Y
and was surprised it was the last stage and
nothing happened after I beat him. Also was thinking I read it were 159 stages, but apparently it are only 150?
Or did I miss something.?

Do you count EX stages? EX stages are unlocked when you clear normal stages with an S-rank. Here's a tip: Moves +5 might not raise catch rates, but they sure do give you extra breathing room for ranks.

E-phonk

Banned
Do you count EX stages? EX stages are unlocked when you clear normal stages with an S-rank. Here's a tip: Moves +5 might not raise catch rates, but they sure do give you extra breathing room for ranks.

I meant the main game. Have to start with the EX stages now - have 14 unlocked at the moment I think.

Now that Mew coins are gone, I been doing stage 37 Meowth for more coins. I get 330 coins per heart. I set it up so that I can match 4 coins once he spawn a coins after a little bit of moving things around.

Any tips for beating Zoroark?

I believe I had to use coins to just S Rank him. I think I use a Great Ball to catch him so I don't have to do that awful stage again.

Boogiepop

God damn yes! Just caught the final Pokemon at 4% (after a good number of catch attempts honestly). All 166 currently available Pokemon captured, just under 27 hours in! And now I leave this alone outside of I guess doing the quick check in each day and I guess the Meowths on the weekend, if only because I destroyed my money getting this far and I want to be prepared for whenever they inevitably pump out an expansion.

whats the deal with mega gengar's ability is that all it does

Also, if you think about it, the ability is basically a 1-2 turn complexity -1 each time you activate it. Considering that is by far the most expensive power-up to buy, Gengar's ability isn't all that bad.

Elija2

Getting an S rank on Mega Mawile is freaking impossible. I can't even get an A rank. If I'm having troubles getting S ranks already, I dread having to do the later mega stages.

0iFK07o.jpg

530 coins from Stage 37.

so I had a look at a certain website and was rather dismayed at the actual amount of megas included in the game.

It is kind of sad that we have so few right now. On top of that, we have multiple normal types, two psychic types, a dark and a ghost, a dragon, etc. - so they all usually aren't super effective :/ .

But, with more content on the way, some people (Joe I think said it?) speculate we'll get about 8(ish?) new ones in the next batch. A lot of the large battle icons for the megas are already finished and just floating around in the game data. I'm specifically guessing we will get the megas for the pokemon that have a blank mega stone already in the pokemon list. And so, the waiting begins!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Sooo here I am now, having played regularly since day one. No money thrown at the game and none of the free jewels used...
zlCfzTGmntQRY6OYfa

That leaves me with 3 pokeymangs to catch in the regular story (Raichu + the two right before Mega Mewtwo) and most of the EX stages (only caught the first 6 or so).

I think I'm going to catch Raichu regularly, then cash in 12 jewels for 48000 coins and brute force the rest.

In order to open up all the EX stages do I need to S-Rank everything in the Normal stages or is there some room for a few sub S ranks?

Boogiepop

Sooo here I am now, having played regularly since day one. No money thrown at the game and none of the free jewels used...
zlCfzTGmntQRY6OYfa

That leaves me with 3 pokeymangs to catch in the regular story (Raichu + the two right before Mega Mewtwo) and most of the EX stages (only caught the first 6 or so).

I think I'm going to catch Raichu regularly, then cash in 12 jewels for 48000 coins and brute force the rest.

In order to open up all the EX stages do I need to S-Rank everything in the Normal stages or is there some room for a few sub S ranks?

Every last S-rank. It's a serious pain and I honestly hope they ease up or just plain don't do that again in the next batch. Like, make A-ranks count or allow some wiggle room or something, I don't know. Just not looking forward to potentially having to go through that again. (As advice: don't be afraid to spend coins on some of the nastier ones. Also very important: moves+5 DOES count towards S-rank, though it doesn't help with capture rate)

bjork

Still on Mega Mawile. I tried him once (so that's twice now) and the game was like, "you should totally go catch Charmeleon, he will be good here." So I used my other hearts and I beat him every time, but he got away each time. No rush, I'm still on my slow roll.

Still on Mega Mawile. I tried him once (so that's twice now) and the game was like, "you should totally go catch Charmeleon, he will be good here." So I used my other hearts and I beat him every time, but he got away each time. No rush, I'm still on my slow roll.

I find patience to be the best thing to have when it comes to games that want you to do something first, really. Just take your time - if you hit a wall, do something else.

Robin64

Welp. I'm at Mega Gengar. Think the best thing now is to grind Meowth until I have enough coins to buy everything and then just blitz the shit out of M.Gengar.

I hit another wall: Mega Glalie :mad:
I hope it doesn't take me as long as Mega Mawile.

Don't even try and beat this douche without items. Seriously.

Welp. I'm at Mega Gengar. Think the best thing now is to grind Meowth until I have enough coins to buy everything and then just blitz the shit out of M.Gengar.

Ha, I wasted no time on Mega Gengar at all. Played it once to get the lay of the land and then just bought one of everything, S-ranked it and moved on. These Mega battles are weighted so unfairly against the player that they're not even remotely worth trying to play properly.

Swamped

Banned
I hit another wall: Mega Glalie :mad:
I hope it doesn't take me as long as Mega Mawile.

I'm on mega glalie as well. I'm stuck like you! But i don't think I'm going to use mega mawile even though that's what the optimsed configuration asks you to use. I'm using Mega Altaria because you can get ride of more ice cubes that way. Anyway, I'm stuck since yesterday so what do i know?

Chopper

I'm on mega glalie as well. I'm stuck like you! But i don't think I'm going to use mega mawile even though that's what the optimsed configuration asks you to use. I'm using Mega Altaria because you can get ride of more ice cubes that way. Anyway, I'm stuck since yesterday so what do i know?
Does Disruption Delay prevent ice appearing, or is it already there?

BooJoh

Someone just shared a link with me (some "spoilers") where someone has datamined Shuffle and found that the game contains graphics for Primal Kyogre so I suppose there should at least be a stage to battle it. It also has graphics for all other megas and a lot of legendaries, as well as at least one "special" Pokemon,
shiny Genesect

Chopper

Oh man. I am caning through my coins trying to S-rank these last few stages. I cashed out 12 jewels ages ago, so have been rocking about 70,000 coins for a while, up til this morning. Now, with just Mega Gengar and Mega Mewtwo left to S-rank, I'm down to 33,740 coins. Fuck.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
My mind would explode if by beating some events in Shuffle, you could get some special Pokemon in XY or ORAS. It would be the best way to "sell" this game IMO.

ghibli99

Getting to the point where I've stopped caring about S ranks. I just wanna catch these suckers. LOL
My mind would explode if by beating some events in Shuffle, you could get some special Pokemon in XY or ORAS. It would be the best way to "sell" this game IMO.
Agreed that it'd be a cool tie-in. And it'd certainly be better than some of the methods of getting event Pokemon.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Someone just shared a link with me (some "spoilers") where someone has datamined Shuffle and found that the game contains graphics for Primal Kyogre so I suppose there should at least be a stage to battle it. It also has graphics for all other megas and a lot of legendaries, as well as at least one "special" Pokemon,
shiny Genesect

This is awesome.

I hope some of this stuff is added in batches, though, and not just through weekly events.

BooJoh

This game got over one million downloads right? Why the hell can't I get a Streetpass?

If it's in the first (top left) slot of your StreetPass games note that there's a bug that sometimes makes that slot not work with relays. The only known fix for the issue is to have something you don't care about (like 3DS Sound) in the first slot, and you can keep it there by deactivating and reactivating its StreetPass every time you activate StreetPass on a new game.

mrmickfran

*Loses to Throh*

"Meowstic would be super effective against Throh, catch it and bring it with you!"

*Loses to Meowstic*

Liepard would be super effective against Meowstic, catch it and bring it with you!"

*Loses to Liepard*

"Throh would be super effective against Liepard, catch it and bring it with you!"

:|

mrmickfran

*All in Japan, please understand

:p

Japan must be Streetpass heaven. No one seems to play with handhelds over here :/

I get streetpass regularly and I live in Tijuana. Granted, mostly at college and at my anime store...

I've only gotten one from this game ever since its release.

If it's in the first (top left) slot of your StreetPass games note that there's a bug that sometimes makes that slot not work with relays. The only known fix for the issue is to have something you don't care about (like 3DS Sound) in the first slot, and you can keep it there by deactivating and reactivating its StreetPass every time you activate StreetPass on a new game.

I didn't even know it worked like that. Thanks!

Moving along at a nice clip, but I just got to Mega Mawile, who apparently is a bit of a stumbling block for some people. Only did the first Ex stage, although I caught that pokemon. Didn't realize until recently that I was handling them all wrong. I didn't know you could keep swapping pokemon while combo chains are happening. If you're fast, you can even use it to your advantage for moves like the one that increases the damage of other pokemon of the same type in the combo.

I still feel like I have to make my pokemon look significantly different from one another to be more efficient in the expert stages. This messed with me in unexpected ways, such as Mega Audino and Swirlix being on the same stage.

Chopper

The good: I finally bagged all S-ranks and unlocked EX20

The bad: Back to nightmare EX stages and dodgy catch rates.

The ugly: I only have 3470 coins, and 1 jewel. Those S-ranks were fucking expensive.

RiggyRob

The good: I finally bagged all S-ranks and unlocked EX20

The bad: Back to nightmare EX stages and dodgy catch rates.

The ugly: I only have 3470 coins, and 1 jewel. Those S-ranks were fucking expensive.

Did you use Complexity -1 a lot?

I've found that since Mega Gengar's ability is effectively a pseudo-Complexity -1 effect, that it's not worth spending the 9000 coins for it. Especially when the other items are all at least 3x cheaper.

Chopper

I've found that since Mega Gengar's ability is effectively a pseudo-Complexity -1 effect, that it's not worth spending the 9000 coins for it. Especially when the other items are all at least 3x cheaper.
I only used it once, for Mega Mewtwo. It did the trick.

Mega Start, Complexity -1 and Moves +5 is a combo I used alot for some of the more ridiculous S-rank requirements though. After days of trying stages like Zoroark repeatedly I just thought "fuck it" and blew the cash.

bjork

Grabbed Charmeleon on the second go at 19%, got Ivysaur at some % I don't remember. So that's everyone up through Ivysaur captured, and a few after that. I think Umbreon got away, I forget. You see, Outrun 3D came out and I got sidetracked, heh.

I've just reached Mega Gengar now but haven't tried him yet.
What should I do/use?

Top Bottom