• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

BooJoh

Do you only get the jewel after the event ends? Didn't get mine just there.

Seems like it, I didn't get one yet either.

I did one run with both powerups and got #28 out of about 3800 but I'm sure I'll get bumped down fast. Most of the top placed people have Xerneas and Mewtwo, and I have neither of those yet. Just gave Xerneas a try and only got it down to like 75%, lol.

LycanXIII

Yeah that sucks... It basically forced people to buy jewels for coins to keep retrying with complexity -1's

Currently sitting at 7k score and around #400 but I'll probably get knocked out of the top 20k in a few days once more people do it.. Will retry on the last day if I need to with complexity -1 and such, but meh thats such a shit way to give out mega stones.

Do you only get the jewel after the event ends? Didn't get mine just there.

I've got a score of 8637 and am ranked 872/4349 right now. Top person has a score of 25065 with a team of Slowbro, Xerneas, Chatot, and Azumarill.

Boba2007

So you get unlimited tries on Mega Lucario? Not sure why, but my first thought was that you would get one try, so that's nice.

Edit: Well it's a good thing too, cause I started it thinking it was a normal stage not a timed stage. Just sat there deciding on moves without knowing I was wasting time.

adroit

My best out of five tries was 8905. I'm impressively mediocre (as always). I think I have a good chance of losing. Go me!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
At least the leaderboard seems regional, I'm only seeing european peeps in the top 5.

Hopefully there isn't 20k whales in each region :p

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Now this is interesting.

Japanese check in states top 50,000 players...

20k in Canadaland.

Maybe because Japan are the one's who downloaded the most lol - it must be relative to downloads per region.

JoeM86

My first score is 17626 and I'm #170 in Japan. Highest so far is 45441...not a chance in hell that I'm going to stay there. Will do it again on Sunday

Boba2007

I'm just now realizing how bad this competition is. If I spend all my hearts grinding out coins I'll still only have like two tries at getting a good score. I still refuse to spend money, especially now with how this is set up.

They should have just removed the powerups entirely, but I guess they want to try to make as much money as possible :\

At least I'm 597th for now, scored 11966 on my second try. Gonna get some more coins and catch Xerneas before I try again.

JoeM86

Just to compare, here's the European and Japanese rankings after an hour and a half

00090.png
00089.png

I'll do another picture on Sunday night for comparison

Seems you won't be getting that stone unless you have caught Xerneas already, and buy both power-ups. Ouch.

Yep. Seems that way. Mewtwo, too

eRonin

Currently sitting on 9489 points, current place: 1304/9262 (in Australia, which I assume is part of the Europe region). Mewtwo/Xerneas would be real useful right about now but I haven't got either of them.

Spades

I love that they're supporting this game so much with new/refreshing content like this.

Can't believe I've spent 20+ hours playing it already.

JoeM86

This Pokémon Shuffle Challenge is a good way to gauge the amount of active users. For example, 140,000 people have participated in Japan.

Let's just hope this isn't the only way to get the stone.
My guess is this will be similar to a timed exclusive, when we get future updates with more levels we'll see him again at level 300 however many months down the road that might be.

EDIT: I was like 270/19,000 I'm going to need to catch Xerneas in the next 7 days, doubt I get to Mewtwo.

I think hacking was only removed if you updated your system. So if you had no reason to go on the eshop you probably can still exploit the game.

Robin64

They probably wiped it because it was an unrealistic score. So really, all they have to do is submit a score that makes sense and puts them in the top 20k. Assuming there is hacking at all, mind, the guy says (I think, it's French) that you can't cheat anymore...

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAtVHhkf6BQvw

What the frak?
zlCfzTHpZPc9Q0y8x8

I thought all hacking methods were removed
Could be some sort of bug? Still AFIK there are no public score editing hacks (that wouldn't stop someone making one, RAM editing is RAM editing and it isn't hard to makes codes to do that) and the score doesn't appear on the leaderboards, right?

But assuming it is a hack, gateway user confirmed. Something along the lines of use gateway to install the update (either an emnand eshop then the weird linked NAND to thing I think it can do, browser hacks I don't think work in emunand).

They probably wiped it because it was an unrealistic score. So really, all they have to do is submit a score that makes sense and puts them in the top 20k. Assuming there is hacking at all, mind, the guy says (I think, it's French) that you can't cheat anymore...
He is the doing the ignorance line of "you can't cheat on downloaded games"

Loptous

This event forces me to hop in every day just to farm for exp so I can improve my score.
Which is just plain evil.

I thought I was done dammit.

Growlie19

Barely broke 9000 with Mega Slowbro, Swellow, Azumarill, and Chatot. Looks like I need to grab Xerneas and Mewtwo to even stand a chance of winning. :/

High Score edit: Made 11946 with the same team. Puts me at 835/23587. (NA, by the way)

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Tried 3 times, got 10k score each time without spending coins.
Hope it'll be enough but I'm not optimistic.
I don't think we'll have a clear picture of the minimum score to break the 20k barrier before AT LEAST a few days.

I have a hard time believing there's 20k people with Mewtwo and/or the XY legendary in europe only. But we'll see, I'll be working toward S-Ranks and EX stages during the week and I'll see how my rank moves down with my 8500 score. If needed I'll bust out both power ups and try it once more on sunday.

I have to say, I am honestly enjoying this more than I expected. I was apprehensive about the F2P/P2W label going in, but I have managed to hit stage 65 without being forced to spend money. Had Nintendo offered an unlimited hearts version with a reasonable upfront price, alongside the F2P version, I would 100% have bought it and been satisfied with the purchase. I appreciate the strategy involved in each move, setting it apart from Pokemon Link/Trozei. I have not attempted the EX challenges as yet, I want to finish the standard campaign first, but I have caught Mew and Kyogre, as well as Rotom-I. The tease of new content and on-going support keeps me coming back.

I do have some reservations about the event distribution modelled by the Lucarionite contest however. I am not a fan of this method of distribution. Depending on the player base, 20,000 stones might be enough to go around for the majority of players participating in the challenge in one region, but the scoring is heavily skewed in favour of using the most powerful Pokemon available. This immediately keeps it out of reach of new players and punishes those who have not completed the standard campaign and its 150 stages, let alone been able to successfully capture those most powerful Pokemon in light of their abysmal capture rates. I understand the reasoning behind that decision, obviously profit is the sole motive as it encourages people to spend money on items and powerups to advance quicker and further; I just cannot appreciate it.

I got a score of about 9K on the third try of the challenge.

Let's hope I wont end up having to step my game up soon. I'm sitting comfortably at 6K ranking...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, 10,571. Let's see how I rank!

"1,891/25,188"

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, guess I better aim for a higher score/get better Pokemon.

Edit: 11,264 bumps me up to 1,287. My Pokemon are Slowbro (lv. 6), Swellow (lv. 5), Azumarill (lv. 5), & Chimecho (lv. 5).

Now at 12,840 ranked at 595. Top score in the US has 31,356 with a team of Slowbro, Xerneas, Mewtwo, and Slurpuff.

Alright, 10,571. Let's see how I rank!

"1,891/25,188"

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, guess I better aim for a higher score/get better Pokemon.

Edit: 11,264 bumps me up to 1,287. My Pokemon are Slowbro (lv. 6), Swellow (lv. 5), Azumarill (lv. 5), & Chimecho (lv. 5).

Now at 12,840 ranked at 595. Top score in the US has 31,356 with a team of Slowbro, Xerneas, Mewtwo, and Slurpuff.

I wish I was good at EX stages. I tend to end up letting the prices fall into place before continuing.

Soo.... What is being expected for a top 20,000 finish for the European version? Im still not finished the main game, but i dont want to miss out on this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A stone to get Mega Lucario. Think that's the reward for all regions.

Edit: The feeling of getting a higher score only to discover you actually DROPPED. 13,230, but now at 621 because the new top score is 38,812.

Maybe I should wait until Saturday & save up a ton of coins.

RiggyRob

A stone to get Mega Lucario. Think that's the reward for all regions.

Edit: The feeling of getting a higher score only to discover you actually DROPPED. 13,230, but now at 621 because the new top score is 38,812.

Maybe I should wait until Saturday & save up a ton of coins.

Might as well, the Meowth stage will be good for getting the coins for Complexity -1 and Delay Disruption - I've only tried the Mega Lucario stage once to make sure I'll get the jewel at the end, now I can focus on finishing the EX stages and getting an S rank on Mega Gengar until Sunday when I try Mega Lucario again properly.

Seems like by the end of the week it'll be impossible to hit the top 20,000 without using complexity-1, which is a pretty prohibitive spend. It takes the best part of a month to save up the coins for that if you're not spending real money on them.

I think Nintendo really should have been giving the Mega Stone to everyone and the top 20k should win five jewels, or something. The way it's set up now, the Mega Stone is effectively paywalled, which rather sours the experience.

Top Bottom