• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

RiggyRob

I've just reached Mega Gengar now but haven't tried him yet.
What should I do/use?

Disruption Delay, Moves + 5 and Mega Start is usually a good combination of items to choose, and it comes to 4300 coins which isn't that expensive considering you can grind the normal and special Meowth stages for more coins.

It's been a while since I played that stage but I think bringing Haunter is recommended as well as Sableye + 2 other supereffective Pokemon.

daydream

Banned
The good: I finally bagged all S-ranks and unlocked EX20

The bad: Back to nightmare EX stages and dodgy catch rates.

The ugly: I only have 3470 coins, and 1 jewel. Those S-ranks were fucking expensive.

EX20 is a mother. I would love to know the par time on it.

Everything.

Or at least Moves +5 and Disruption Delay.

Disruption Delay, Moves + 5 and Mega Start is usually a good combination of items to choose, and it comes to 4300 coins which isn't that expensive considering you can grind the normal and special Meowth stages for more coins.

It's been a while since I played that stage but I think bringing Haunter is recommended as well as Sableye + 2 other supereffective Pokemon.

Just did it, spent the coins... and only got an A rank :'(

Man the 'I'm going to freeze the two middle columns' disruption is so overdone by this stage and it never stops being cheap bullshit!

Just did it, spent the coins... and only got an A rank :'(

Man the 'I'm going to freeze the two middle columns' disruption is so overdone by this stage and it never stops being cheap bullshit!

The Mega battles I'd just buy everything. There's no point skipping the complexity-1 and then getting an A or B rank and having to do it again, it'll cost more in the long-run if you don't get it the second time.

I'm almost at the end now, Togekiss is a bizarrely difficult battle. Only just scraped through after a number of attempts.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'm actually quite enjoying the game, it's surprisingly addicting lol

Has anyone spent money yet?

fester

Banned
I'm actually quite enjoying the game, it's surprisingly addicting lol

Has anyone spent money yet?

Firmly resisting the idea of spending any money on it - I'm not going to encourage that business model at all. If they want to give away the game for free, that's fine, but it's good enough that I would have easily spent $5 on buying it just like I did the Streetpass games.

Boba2007

I got a profit of 3,400 coins on the special Meowth stage this time (used a +5 moves for 800 coins, so I really got 4,200 on the stage. Ended up earning me way more than I would have without +5).

Here's some tips: If you have Mega Gengar, use him. Also avoid using any pokemon that delay disruptions or remove disruptions from the board. I'm fairly certain that when coins get removed due to a pokemon's ability or Mega, you don't earn anything.

I'm up to 26,060 coins after grinding a couple days. Going to keep doing it a bit more before going for Mewtwo, I want to make sure I can get it in one try, no matter how many great balls it takes.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Mega Lopunny is death; had to use a jewel.

I'm really enjoying this game. I spent 5$ to show my support. Really fun game.

This coming week is the last week of the Meowth Coin Challenge & daily Rotom events on Pokémon Shuffle

Uh oh, there'd better be a replacement for Meowth or some way to earn coins without money.

I've caught all the main 'mons now; just missing Blaziken and the last 4 EX Pokemon.

JoeM86

Uh oh, there'd better be a replacement for Meowth or some way to earn coins without money.

I've caught all the main 'mons now; just missing Blaziken and the last 4 EX Pokemon.

I imagine we'll be getting daily stuff for at least a year.

We'll see on Saturday :)
To be honest, having spent 20 hours playing this now, I think I probably ought to buy something as well. I reckon they've earned it, even though I'm not yet at a point where I need to buy anything.

Well I can't talk, as I have spent ~£50 on it (would have been £86, but thank god for exchange rates and the fact the Japanese one came first)

Draxal

I would spend money on this if there was anything worthwhile to spend jewels on. I'm short three 3 pokemon from main, and about 8 ex pokemons without spending a jewel.

I would spend money on this if there was anything worthwhile to spend jewels on. I'm short three 3 pokemon from main, and about 8 ex pokemons without spending a jewel.

The coins are only really worth spending to get S-ranks, and to beat Mega levels. Everything is catchable with a little patience but S-ranks are near-impossible in some cases with no items.

If you're not bothered with S-ranks there's not much you'd need to buy.

RiggyRob

Anyone has team setup tips for Meowth stage 37? My regular team kills him way too fast

I use it as a stage for training up the Pokemon I haven't used, since they're usually level 1 or 2 - don't optimise your team or use supereffective Pokemon, Pokemon that remove disruptions or Pokemon that prevent disruptions from happening by paralyzing/freezing the Meowth.

I find aiming for a 4 coin chain to get 300 coins is usually the best way to go about it, since the 5th coin comes when you have 2 moves left and that might not be enough to make the 5 coin chain and complete the stage.

Robin64

I feel like I'm never gonna catch Zoroark. Half the time I can't even beat him, and if I do it's usually just a 5% catch chance. I think the best was 11%, but that was rare.

Anyone has team setup tips for Meowth stage 37? My regular team kills him way too fast

My team is current with 2 weak pokemons + 2 decent damage.

I use it as a stage for training up the Pokemon I haven't used, since they're usually level 1 or 2 - don't optimise your team or use supereffective Pokemon, Pokemon that remove disruptions or Pokemon that prevent disruptions from happening by paralyzing/freezing the Meowth.

I find aiming for a 4 coin chain to get 300 coins is usually the best way to go about it, since the 5th coin comes when you have 2 moves left and that might not be enough to make the 5 coin chain and complete the stage.

I don't know how much times where I come out empty handed trying for 530 coins.

Elija2

Well, I've pretty much hit a roadblock. Can't S rank any more regular stages, can't beat any more EX stages. I guess I'm done until the next content update.

Boba2007

Alright, I finally caught Mewtwo and Blaziken. Only three EX pokemon left to catch and then I'm finally done with everything (except S ranking the EX stages, but that doesn't do anything).

So I went ahead and used my spare coins on using all power-ups for non-S-ranked Mega stages.

I've got all but the last two (Mega Gengar and Mega Mewtwo Y) finished, and...

Man, it's practically an "I Win" button. 3-turn clears!

I feel like I'm never gonna catch Zoroark. Half the time I can't even beat him, and if I do it's usually just a 5% catch chance. I think the best was 11%, but that was rare.

You can do it!

He was my last main Pokemon that I caught and I spent so long on him that I call him a bad name now.

EDIT: Dang, I need to S rank all the main stages? I don't think I have enough coins left for the hard Megas. Guess I gotta wait for Mewoth or when Nintendo feels generous with their gifts.

Do be wary of using all your coins. When Nintendo add another 20 stages to the end of the map you might actually need them.

By that time I think I'll probably have a new source of coins. :)

I still have some bank and jewels that I can make use of, and Cities: Skylines is taking up my time. I think I'll just check in every day for now.

bjork

I beat Mega Mawile. I think it was my fifth try, I used a +5 move and the thing where you're automatically in mega evolution. It was pretty close though, I had two moves left.

Then the next tier opened and when I got to Emolga he killed himself before I could even make a move, and that put his capture rate at MAX. Nice and easy.

Beat Mega Mewtwo.

0XszT.gif

We're in the same boat. I've been trying to grind Meowth for a few days. I'm in no hurry to catch these legendary bastards.

Ha I was pretty pumped to dive into these EX stages... and then I got to Articuno.
Yeah.
I'm also not in a hurry anymore!

Cheers for the Meowth tip, forgot it was possible to grab coins from the standard Meowth, I've only been doing (pretty poorly on) the weekend one.
I know where my hearts are going tomorrow...

BooJoh

Mega Lucario is live. It's a competition. Every player gets a jewel, and the top 20k scorers get Lucarionite. Ends March 23rd.

I wonder how hard it's going to be to get in the top 20k, or if they'll repeat this event later. Seems kinda crappy to tie completion to competitions.

Chris1

I wonder how hard it's going to be to get in the top 20k, or if they'll repeat this event later. Seems kinda crappy to tie completion to competitions.

Yeah that sucks... It basically forced people to buy jewels for coins to keep retrying with complexity -1's

Currently sitting at 7k score and around #400 but I'll probably get knocked out of the top 20k in a few days once more people do it.. Will retry on the last day if I need to with complexity -1 and such, but meh thats such a shit way to give out mega stones.

Do you only get the jewel after the event ends? Didn't get mine just there.

Top Bottom