• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Boogiepop

Ugh, this is legitimately not cool. It really, really should've been everyone gets the Mega Lucario, not a jewel. And then Jewel rewards for placing or something. This is super lame, and the worst part is they'll almost certainly pull this crap again in the future. I guess I need to go back to grinding in the darn game, this time for a stupid score good enough for the stone.

:(

Draxal

Ugh, this is legitimately not cool. It really, really should've been everyone gets the Mega Lucario, not a jewel. And then Jewel rewards for placing or something. This is super lame, and the worst part is they'll almost certainly pull this crap again in the future. I guess I need to go back to grinding in the darn game, this time for a stupid score good enough for the stone.

:(

This is how the F2P games make all the big bucks.

Boogiepop

Well, I'm at least in the top 1000 for now. Hopefully that'll hold, though if not I can pretty easily do at least a little grinding (my Mewtwo is level 1 and my Slowbro and Xerneas are on the cusp of a level up...)

Well, I'm at least in the top 1000 for now. Hopefully that'll hold, though if not I can pretty easily do at least a little grinding (my Mewtwo is level 1 and my Slowbro and Xerneas are on the cusp of a level up...)

Mine top-2K position didn't hold.

I'm now at about 3800.

Something tells me this might move very fast.

Hi ShuffleGAF, I'm stuck at the EX level of Blaziken. I even caught Suicune but Blaziken is really hard to capture. And I lost the three last times, I even pause the game with the home button to see the grid better. My team is Suicune, Kyogre, Dragmara and Swampert. Any advice ? Should I buy something ?

LOLDSFAN

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAtVHhkf6BQvw

What the frak?
zlCfzTHpZPc9Q0y8x8

I thought all hacking methods were removed

Dude better get banned. :mad:

JoeM86

My score is now 1021st out of ~232,000

I doubt I'll be knocked out of the 50,000 rankings, but will keep trying when I get a chance.

Draxal

My score is now 1021st out of ~232,000

I doubt I'll be knocked out of the 50,000 rankings, but will keep trying when I get a chance.

Save up your gems/gold for the last day, there's always a mad rush in the last day for these events in the end in other similiar f2p games.

bjork

I tried the Lucario thing once, got 9000+/19000. But I don't have all the characters and stuff yet, so the idea of getting a top level score is probably not feasible.

I'm currently at level 111, I've just been beating guys and not going back to catch them if they get away, post Mega Mawile. Once I hit a wall, I'll go back for a bit.

ghibli99

I like this game a lot, even though it infuriates me from time to time when I have 90% catchability and the 'mon gets away. But then I'll somehow miraculously capture something with only 5%, and it feels like I won the lottery. Guess that's always been part of the draw, but still. Last night I was trying to simply catch a Masquerain and my catchability was 85-90% three times in a row, and I didn't catch it. But then I catch Grovyle with 0 moves left. LOL It's well-made and I like that it's something my wife and I can play together (she's better than me at seeing patterns and chains).

llehuty

Getting in the top 20,000 in europe seems quite easy right now, only 55000 players in the ranking. Right now at 2401 without spending coins and without all the pokemons.

Boba2007

Alright, I went and caught Xerneas and tried the competition level a couple times. Right now I'm at 1512/96985, so things are looking good.

Now to grind coins so that I can do it using powerups...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Tried the stage once and managed to get 3534 on my place. I don't have Mewtwo or Xerneas (sp?). I should try and catch one of them...

TrickRoom

Sitting at 1655/101337 right now and I'm taking a few notes:

I tried it a few times with Espeon for Mega Boost, hoping to get some synergy, but from my experience, I wasn't able to get the mega going much faster.

There's definitely a reason people are using Mega Slowbro in the top lists and not Mega Mewtwo Y... I actually find it easier to just ignore the mega slowbros and focus on matching everything else. This way, the board becomes as saturated as possible before it all clears out.

And it appears that far more important than any Pokemon or strategy you come in with is to keep the chain going, no matter what.

BooJoh

Any suggestions for catching Xerneas? I don't want to spend my coins cause I'll surely need them for great balls.

I used a time boost and a mega start to beat it. My basic rule for EX stages has been if I have to spend more than 2500 in powerups to beat it, I'll pony up for a Great Ball, otherwise it's not worth it.

I'm always so close like the last 5% needs around 5-8 more combos to win and maybe the optimized team isn't the best option. I'm toying with Mega Slowbro to see if that makes a difference.

ZeroX03

Banned
I got in the top 8000 on my first try, I'll catch all the expert Pokemon and S rank my last 5 main Pokemon this week and then try Lucario again.

bjork

I checked rankings just to see, and sure enough I'm like 19000 now.

Also, my slow roll stops at Mega Glalie, apparently. Can that stage be cleared without items? I can't imagine it being easy.

Chris1

Tried lucario again with no items and managed to get a score of 8k. Currently sitting at 11k/60k.

I checked rankings just to see, and sure enough I'm like 19000 now.

Also, my slow roll stops at Mega Glalie, apparently. Can that stage be cleared without items? I can't imagine it being easy.

Use items. I spent a week on that fucker before caving on items. It's really not worth trying.

bjork

Mmm, Shuffle on mobile...

Complete with codes you can earn to unlock special Pokémon in a main game on 3DS.

I'm 100% okay with this so long as they don't add gems and shit to the next Animal Crossing.

"Ahoy, bjork! Your loan is paid off! Your room addition could be done tomorrow, unless you'd like to buy some Belltendos (tm) to speed up the process! [NOTE: requires real money and permission from a parent.]"

I will openly weep when this happens.

Robin64

How many levels are there?

And is there any overview of the "best" pokemon to use somewhere or is "optimize" the best anyway

150 main ones, 20 EX ones, and a bunch of special event ones at different times.

Optimize is usually fine, but a few cases you might to switch it up.

LeleSocho

Banned
It's been about a week or so that i started using all my lives to farm money to beat MegaGlalie and today that i managed to pile up everything i beat it on the first try without using anything ;___;
all that time spent ;___;

n64coder

Mawile lv4
Moltres lv3
Ninetales lv2
Aurorus lv2

What was your strategy with this team?

My team is:

Mawile lv 5
Aurorus lv 5
Ninetails lv 4
Klefki lv 6

I can barely get 50% damage by the time my 20 turns are up. Very few big chains. I try for the biggest combos with Aurorus & Ninetails.

Did you get a really good board layout or something?

Whooo, I caught Xerneas!

I got lucky and chained tons of Pokemon really quickly, then beat it with 6 or so seconds to spare for a 11% catch rate. Which of course didn't work, so I had to toss a Great Ball and cross my fingers.

I think it helped that I switched Mawile for Bronzong. Poor Mawile just doesn't have the attack power : /

Annoyingly, I didn't do as good against Mega Lucario and barely boosted my score. Time to train Xerneas some more, I guess...

Robin64

Whooo, I caught Xerneas!

I got lucky and chained tons of Pokemon really quickly, then beat it with 6 or so seconds to spare for a 11% catch rate. Which of course didn't work, so I had to toss a Great Ball and cross my fingers.

Haha, damn! Congrats! :)

How do I unlock mewtwo? I think i completed the main story but i don't see him in the extra levels

He's EX20, right? Guess you need more S ranks to see that.

Top Bottom