• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Chopper

So I just unlocked Mewtwo, thanks to Complexity-1, but it won't mega evolve? Did I not unlock the stone by beating Mega Mewtwo in the final stage?

Chopper

Keep hearing about this, seems to be a bug. Gotta beat Mega Mewtwo again to fix it.
I just had a play. It is definitely a bug. It occurs when using Optimize when battling Mega Lucario. I fixed it by manually choosing Mewtwo from the Pokemon list. Fuck beating Mega Mewtwo again.

Does anyone know what happens if you select a stage preset pokemon as your fourth slot and then choose complexity -1? Would it get rid of all of that pokemon, or would you just have less of it?

For instance, if I go into the Mega Lucario stage with Lucario as my 4th pokemon slot and use complexity -1, would I cease to have any Lucario on the board?

I don't quite have 9000 extra coins just laying around to test this out.

Meier

Caught Venusaur and Charizard only to be massively disappointed about their base attack values being 60. Come on now, that's absurd. :|

Still stuck on Mega Gengar. Think the only way I could ever beat him is with the -1 power-up but I used 2,500 gold on a great ball for Charizard so I'm back down to 4,500 coins. No clue if/when I will ever progress in the story. :(

Fight Meowth (stage 37) and match the coins. Matching three coins gives you 100, matching four gives 300, and matching five gives 500. It's usually best to go for matches of four. it takes some practice though.

Oh and you have to beat the stage to get the coins.

Oh neat, I didn't realize/remember you could get coins from Meowth outside the special stage. I'll have to try and grind some when I have my hearts again.

Halabane

Caught Venusaur and Charizard only to be massively disappointed about their base attack values being 60. Come on now, that's absurd. :|

Still stuck on Mega Gengar. Think the only way I could ever beat him is with the -1 power-up but I used 2,500 gold on a great ball for Charizard so I'm back down to 4,500 coins. No clue if/when I will ever progress in the story. :(

There's a story?

Boogiepop

After some grinding, upped my score to low 16,000s. I'm still hanging around the low 2000s in ranking, so I'm hopeful I'll be able to get the stone without needing any items, but I'm prepared to use them if I need to. For now I think I'll do a tad more grinding, at least until it becomes nasty to do any further, and then work on improving the score through better play (since that was from only 2 tries at my current levels).

What team do you use to beat Xearneas? I can't beat him at all

Not sure how much my opinions counts for, really, but I'll give it anyway!

I was using Mawile (level 6), Nidoqueen, Bronzong (both 5) and Skarmory (4).

I think for raw attack power Nidoking is a better bet than Skarmory, but I used it because it looks different so you can make matches faster. Nidoking and Nidoqueen are pretty similar so it takes a split-second longer to match them. For me, anyway.

Like I say, I'm not sure how much my opinion counts for, because I didn't beat him that often. Maybe one in six times, but I could fairly reliably get him down to below 10% health with that team and it was always almost over the line. Mega start would help a ton, especially with Mawile, because it would take out an entire diagonal row of ice immediately. I didn't use it in the end because I'm hoarding coins, but if it's an option then it can save you probably ten seconds or more time clearing the ice away.

Robin64

Nidoking and Nidoqueen are proving tough for me to catch. Dunno why. Sometimes I can't even beat them. Horrible.

Just need them and Heracross at this point.

(Excluding EX levels, natch)

First try at the competition with a level one Xerneas, 1,500 points more than my previous best. I'd only played it twice so I'm not sure how much of that was truly down to Xerneas, but it's put me back in the top 20,000 for now.

You don't get EXP from the competition, that's a bit annoying. I'll go level them up on Ampharos for a bit.

n64coder

Oh neat, I didn't realize/remember you could get coins from Meowth outside the special stage. I'll have to try and grind some when I have my hearts again.

In the regular Pokemon games, is Meowth associated with treasure/coins or is it only just for Pokemon Shuffle?

My kids are big Pokemon fans but they haven't shown any real interest in this game buy meanwhile, I never played any of the games but I'm real into this one.

-Horizon-

In the regular Pokemon games, is Meowth associated with treasure/coins or is it only just for Pokemon Shuffle?

My kids are big Pokemon fans but they haven't shown any real interest in this game buy meanwhile, I never played any of the games but I'm real into this one.

Meowth is known for its payday attack (that gives the player money at the end of battle I think) and the coin on its forehead.

RiggyRob

In the normal games Meowth learns a move called Pay Day which gives you money at the end of a battle, plus it has a coin in the middle of its head.

Robin64

Team Rocket once tried to teach Meowth Pay Day in the anime but he can't because his ability to talk negates his ability to learn it.

(Also, fun little fact, Meowth in the anime is still a wild Pokemon)

Ladekabel

Toxicroak seems to be broken. Had it several times beaten with a rate of ~ 60% and it never wants to be catched. Wasted so many coins for disruption delay...

And don't make much progress in the EX-stages either.

llehuty

Competition in Europe seems quite tame. At 339 without Xerneas or Mewtwo. It's a relief since I'm not going to be able to play during the weekend.

gerudoman

I had to spam the Home button to finally beat Xerneas stage and catch it. l'm not proud of it but that stage was driving me crazy, I couldn't even beat it without spending money.

Boba2007

Does anyone know what happens if you select a stage preset pokemon as your fourth slot and then choose complexity -1? Would it get rid of all of that pokemon, or would you just have less of it?

For instance, if I go into the Mega Lucario stage with Lucario as my 4th pokemon slot and use complexity -1, would I cease to have any Lucario on the board?

I don't quite have 9000 extra coins just laying around to test this out.

If you set your pokemon to be the same as the preset pokemon, it will just add a different one. For example, on the Mega Lucario stage, if you choose Lucario as one of your pokemon the stage will add Riolu as the preset.
So if you chose -1 Complexity it would just get rid of Riolu, and you would have whatever pokemon you chose including Lucario.

Anyways, all I have left to do in the game is catch Yveltal. I'm going to wait to get my Lucarionite first though since it would make the catch easier. I'll just do some coin grinding in the meantime.

n64coder

I had to spam the Home button to finally beat Xerneas stage and catch it. l'm not proud of it but that stage was driving me crazy, I couldn't even beat it without spending money.

Ha ha. I never thought of that trick. Whatever works for you is ok.

Thanks to all who responded on the Meowth coin behavior.

ZeroX03

Banned
Used a mega start and disruption delay on Mega Mawile yet still can't get past A rank. Along with Mega Glalie those are the only two S ranks I need to get left.

Got into the top 1000 for Europe for Mega Lucario after getting Xerneas so that was nice.

My high score for Mega Lucario got knocked off the top 20K list, but I managed to beat it and get a rank of #9819, which feels more comfortable. This was still without Complexity -1 or anything though, so I can still hopefully improve my chances.

bon

I've been working all week to build a good team for the Mega Lucario stage. My final goal was to catch Xerneas (no way I'm getting to Mewtwo before the event ends) and I finally did it.

Just tried Mega Lucario once and now I'm in the top 7000 with no powerups. Pretty confident I'll qualify for that Lucarionite.

Elija2

I've given up on getting Xerneas but so far I'm doing well enough in the ranks (I'm in the top 10,000 and that's without using any items). Let's hope I can stay there for a few more days.

Been trying to catch Raikou for three days now and have thrown about 35 balls at it.
These EX stages are terrible with no coins.
Still got 7 to capture on them too :(

Only tried the Mega Lucario stage the morning it was up and I'm 6521/90505.
Hoping I don't have to play it again and can still qualify :D

RiggyRob

Yesss, just caught Xerneas with a Great Ball at 76%.

What's the best stage to grind exp and level Pokemon up - the Ampharos 50 move stage, right?

bjork

Still can't bust past Mega Glalie, but I did nab Altaria and Ninetails yesterday. Seems like if I don't catch a character in the initial attempt, if I go back another day and it's my first or second heart, they'll be a sure capture. It's weird.

eRonin

I've been trying to catch Xerneas for the past two days and at this rate I don't think I can do it before the Mega Lucario event finishes. Maybe I should just level up my current team against Ampharos and improve my high score that way.

wilflare

Nothing of note, but you'll need to be quick to catch Mew and Kyogre in the special stages.

Yes, you should do it once per day to get coins and updates.

any tips? I just finished the first 12 stages?
tried Mew but failed :(

how do I even buy a Great Ball?

I didn't get the Jewel for the issues with the earlier version.

Top Bottom