• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Robin64

So it seems to be looking like this right now in Europe.

zlCfzTH7yfYBPvKSwX

LeleSocho

Banned
Do you have to be in the top 20000 to get the bonus crystal in the MagaLucario stage? because i did it a bunch of times (without being in the top 20k) and didn't get anything.

What was your strategy with this team?

My team is:

Mawile lv 5
Aurorus lv 5
Ninetails lv 4
Klefki lv 6

I can barely get 50% damage by the time my 20 turns are up. Very few big chains. I try for the biggest combos with Aurorus & Ninetails.

Did you get a really good board layout or something?

I'm a dumbdumb and i don't have any real strategy, i only try to coordinate what i switch to make a tris (or more) on both the pokémon i'm switching. I guess i just got lucky since i won on the 20th move.

Robin64

Do you have to be in the top 20000 to get the bonus crystal in the MagaLucario stage? because i did it a bunch of times (without being in the top 20k) and didn't get anything.

Pretty sure nobody will get anything, be it Lucarionite or a Jewel, until the end.

n64coder

I'm a dumbdumb and i don't have any real strategy, i only try to coordinate what i switch to make a tris (or more) on both the pokémon i'm switching. I guess i just got lucky since i won on the 20th move.

That's a good strategy and it's what I try to do but sometimes you can't really max out. Did you get any long chain?

I remember people in this thread complaining about Mega Mawile and I didn't have much of a problem with him. I think I was able to beat and capture after the 5th time or something.

I've just started, a bit late to the party, I guess, but apart from Mew I didn't miss much?

Game gave me a gem after 5 matches, but I'm saving it. Waiting it out. Has anyone compiled any information on what the best uses for coins and gems are? I won't be spending a dime on this, short 20-30 minutes twice a day is all I will be putting into the game.

I've just started, a bit late to the party, I guess, but apart from Mew I didn't miss much?

Game gave me a gem after 5 matches, but I'm saving it. Waiting it out. Has anyone compiled any information on what the best uses for coins and gems are? I won't be spending a dime on this, short 20-30 minutes twice a day is all I will be putting into the game.

When you've got 12 jewels, exchange them for coins. Under no circumstance do anything else with jewels.

You haven't missed anything at all yet, Mew should still be there.

When you've got 12 jewels, exchange them for coins. Under no circumstance do anything else with jewels.

You haven't missed anything at all yet, Mew should still be there.

I'm guessing he will only show up after I complete the first 10 missions. I forgot to ask: how does the timer work? Do I have to keep the game on standby, or can I idle my n3ds on the main menu / play MH4U ?

I'm guessing he will only show up after I complete the first 10 missions. I forgot to ask: how does the timer work? Do I have to keep the game on standby, or can I idle my n3ds on the main menu / play MH4U ?

You have to "check in" by clicking the button at the bottom, and then there'll be a new button called "special" which appears. Mew is in there.

Does Mega evo get damage boost (never pay attention to it)? I'm considering replacing Mega Mawile with Nidoqueen just to dish out some extra damage. Always 1-2 seconds away from beating Xerneas >.>

JoeM86

Mew's still going until Monday :)

I can't beat Xenears without items. Any tips/teams? I want to use him on this event...
Bronzong, Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Klefki or whoever's strongest.

That's how I did it.

EDIT: Focus on removing the ice blocks first, then when the area is clear just chain matches like crazy. Don't try to stop XD

Of course, it's easier said than done. But really, Xerneas doesn't do much for most of the battle.

Waiting it out. Has anyone compiled any information on what the best uses for coins and gems are? I won't be spending a dime on this, short 20-30 minutes twice a day is all I will be putting into the game.

Spend 12 gems on coins and then spend coins to buy items to S Rank the stages after beating the game.

Everything else just needs time and patience : P

Growlie19

Took a bit of splurging (complexity -1 and a great ball), but I finally caught Xerneas! Now to grind all my coins back! Hoo boy....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kept my same team & got a slightly higher score of 14,067. Ranked 2,941 out of 132,000+. Kind of surprised I'm still rather high. Probably won't make much of a difference if I use a Distortion Delay, but damn if it'll take too long to get 9,000 for the Complexity -1...

TrickRoom

Mmm, Shuffle on mobile...

Complete with codes you can earn to unlock special Pokémon in a main game on 3DS.

Somehow, this doesn't bother me. I don't think anything will ever top the original Manaphy distribution method. At least this game is free-to-play.

The cut-off for the top 20k in the US at the moment is around 9200 points, if anyone's interested.

Beat Xerneas with 5 seconds remaining: 6% chance of capture! Didn't get it. Anyone know of the S-rank criteria for that one?

I can't beat Xenears without items. Any tips/teams? I want to use him on this event...
I finally captured Xerneas tonight, took a Complexity -1 to get rid of all those Umbreon. My problem wasn't beating Xerneas but beating him bad enough. I had 13 seconds left and it think it gave me 21% catch rate. I had better luck with Mega Mawile than Mega Ampharos whose attack power is nearly 20 points higher. I don't know how many times I beat him with 1-2 seconds left and was never going to catch him with such a low %.

Break all the ice as fast as you can top down, focus on your mega, once he evolves focus on everyone but him (let him clear the board when it naturally forms a combo or make a match when you get stuck, though I probably had just as much luck making whatever Mega combo first) It's all about maintaining that combo, make any combo of three to keep it going. That final fight ended with a 38 combo.

Robin64

Things I still need to do:

Capture Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and Heracross.
Defeat Mega Mewtwo Y.
Capture every EX Pokémon except for Absol, Lucario, and Articuno.

I feel like things are going to be very costly from now on.

TrickRoom

The cut-off for the top 20k in the US at the moment is around 9200 points, if anyone's interested.

Beat Xerneas with 5 seconds remaining: 6% chance of capture! Didn't get it. Anyone know of the S-rank criteria for that one?

Beat it with over half the time left. The time boost powerup counts.

I'm ranked 18077 for Mega Lucario with Stage 90 pokemon. Stupid Mega Mawile is being a major stopgate to my progress. I'm not thinking my score is going to hold...

I used (Mega) Slowbro, Togetic, Azumarill, and Slurpuff. I have a few that have more attack power, but I was hoping the Togetic Fairy Combo bonus would help if I was quick with my swaps.

RiggyRob

Splurged on Complexity -1, Mega Start, Disruption Delay and Time +10s for the EX Mewtwo and I still only got an A for the stage.

Fortunately I got lucky with the 46% catch rate, must remember to grind enough coins for a Great Ball or two when I try Xerneas next.

LeleSocho

Banned
Ok i've reached MewtwoY.
I think i'm done with the game, the expert levels are too hard for me and sure as hell i don't want to spend time grinding level S for all the Pokémon.

Man, I suck at this game. I need to play it more than once/day though. I'd probably have better Pokemon to get in the top 20,000 (around 4500 points). I'm around 88,000 rank right now!

My top score on any level is just over 20,000 I think... but that was because I got insanely lucky and had a 103-hit combo against Mew a few weeks ago. Not sure if I've broken 10,000 otherwise.

Boba2007

What's the best way to grind for coins?

Fight Meowth (stage 37) and match the coins. Matching three coins gives you 100, matching four gives 300, and matching five gives 500. It's usually best to go for matches of four. it takes some practice though.

Oh and you have to beat the stage to get the coins.

kamakazi5

Fight Meowth (stage 37) and match the coins. Matching three coins gives you 100, matching four gives 300, and matching five gives 500. It's usually best to go for matches of four. it takes some practice though.

Oh and you have to beat the stage to get the coins.

Awesome,good to know. I think I'm on 31 or 32 now so hopefully I can get there today.

I made a new high score today.

It's still in the 11K ballpark for both score and standing.

I'm so going to think that we're going to need to use all the power-ups at the last day... (and redeem more coins)

Qurupeke

I made a new high score today.

It's still in the 11K ballpark for both score and standing.

I'm so going to think that we're going to need to use all the power-ups at the last day... (and redeem more coins)

About 10.500 and I'm 9027. Europe and AU seem to have it easier. :D

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I received a Spotpass communication that pushed me to download the game.
I downloaded it, it's free...
I don't intend to spend a single penny on it, but I have to admit that I like the game for what it is, maybe even more than Trozei

Top Bottom