• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Don't think I'm gonna be able to beat my 14,067 score, but at the very least, being ranked 4,854 out of 175,611 is pretty decent. Figured I wouldn't been around the 13,000s.

7 more S-ranks....& 5 of them are Mega Stages....

any tips? I just finished the first 12 stages?
tried Mew but failed :(

how do I even buy a Great Ball?

I didn't get the Jewel for the issues with the earlier version.

Mew gets much easier once you have a whole team that is super-effective against Mew. Same with Kyogre. They're designed to be easy to beat and catch with the right party due to their time-exclusiveness. They aren't EX- or Mega-hard.

Great Balls can be bought if you fail to catch with a Poké Ball. If you don't fail that in the first place, you never get prompted.

wilflare

Mew gets much easier once you have a whole team that is super-effective against Mew. Same with Kyogre. They're designed to be easy to beat and catch with the right party due to their time-exclusiveness. They aren't EX- or Mega-hard.

Great Balls can be bought if you fail to catch with a Poké Ball. If you don't fail that in the first place, you never get prompted.

I failed to catch with a Pokeball... and the creature just ran away :(

wilflare

Just remember that it's usually not worth it to spend a Great Ball unless that brings the catchability to maximum and you've already tried the stage multiple times in a row. The game's RNG can be very finicky.

wanted to use it for Mew.
how should I spend my Jewels or its pretty spend and be spent? haha

wanted to use it for Mew.
how should I spend my Jewels or its pretty spend and be spent? haha

Only exchange Jewels for coins. Coins come in really slowly, even if you try to grind coins every day with check-ins and replaying easy stages for 30 coins a pop after you finish the game. (Clearing a stage for the first time awards you more coins, obviously.) Never use Jewels for hearts or move/timer extensions (it's usually much more affordable to just use coins on Moves +5/Time +10 before you start playing)

Try to stockpile the Jewels until 12 Jewels to exchange the most amount of coins in a single transaction - and you probably don't even need all these Jewels to get Mew and Kyogre if you've been playing at a good clip (using all 5 plays every 2 hours and a half) after you get enough Pokémon that is SE against Mew, and they come pretty quickly.

Finally, if an event stage Pokémon is not yet caught and you can clear it reliably, just keep on trying these stages. Sooner or later you'll have the mon you want without spending a single coin or actual money.)

TrickRoom

With the last 3 days of the competition on a weekend, I'm willing to bet that the placings are going to be shuffling (heh) a lot from here on...

Hegarol

Finally caught Xerneas and now I have score of 15.000 at Mega-Lucario.

Placed at 1460/92977. Should be enough to get the Megastone.

Chopper

I've only got 4 more pokemon to catch. Moltres, Blaziken, Heatran and Yveltal. They are all absolute wankers. Any tips?!

Sitting at 4675/94298 in the Mega Lucario competition, with 12177 points. I should be good.

So I ended up using delay disruption, mega start and +5 turns twice trying to S rank Mega Gengar but still failed because there were too much Eevee :/

Elija2

So this game breaking bug just happened to me. I beat Heatran but the round wouldn't end, stuck on the bonus combo screen. A glitched Mega Slowbro appeared to be the problem.

Here's a recording (sorry for the terrible quality).

The more I play the game the more reasons I find to not support it by paying. What if this happened when I got a good catch rate, or used a bunch of coins?

Same thing happened to me, and I was doing the Mega Lucario challenge. I'd be pissed if I was about to get a high score.

Disruption Delay + Mega Start + Complexity -1 + Mega Gengar (pseudo-Complexity -1 every time it activates) = absurdly fast clears if you somehow manage to get a huge combo from the beginning

That combo is absurd.

still can't catch Mew
did anyone catch it with a Pokeball

Mew is easy if you come back in a few days. Catch at least three super-effective Pokémon and level them up a little bit. Mew will go down in fewer than ten turns and you'll have a decent enough catch rate to get it without a lot more trouble.

It's a really hard fight if you go in unprepared, but easy otherwise.

I've only got 4 more pokemon to catch. Moltres, Blaziken, Heatran and Yveltal. They are all absolute wankers. Any tips?!

Sitting at 4675/94298 in the Mega Lucario competition, with 12177 points. I should be good.

Moltres ain't too bad. I just tried it now to see what it was like again. Beat it with Donphan, Suicune, Kyogre and Aurorus with 18 seconds to spare.

I assume Disruption Delay would be useful, so you can focus on picking apart the central ice column. I did fine without it though : P

God, Blaziken though... shudder.

Moltres ain't too bad. I just tried it now to see what it was like again. Beat it with Donphan, Suicune, Kyogre and Aurorus with 18 seconds to spare.

I assume Disruption Delay would be useful, so you can focus on picking apart the central ice column. I did fine without it though : P

I played Blaziken once when I was looking for strong fire types to beat Mega Glalie.

I played Blaziken once.

Chopper

Got Moltres. You're right. That was easier than I thought. I underestimated how strong my pokemans have become.

I don't even know how to begin with these last three though. I don't even think Distraction Delay will work with them.

wilflare

Dénouement;156789739 said:
Yeah, easily on my first try, but I didn't try Mew until after a while. I'm assuming you're still early in the game? Mew is reeeeaaaally easy to beat quickly and catch once you progress a bit.

yea I'm only at Stage 23 or something... so still really early :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, Bronzong, I have trouble getting a S rank. Can get A rank fine for the most part.

Finally caught Gengar. So basically, his ability is removing all other Gengars on the field. Eeehhhh, I can see if you build them up, it can help, but the same can be said for Mega Slowpoke.

hirokazu

Any tips for EX stages and timed stages in general? Sometimes I feel like if I'm moving pieces around while it's still clearing block I'm ruining potential combos, but if I leave it it, I feel like I'm wasting time making more matches.

As for stages, I've cleared all regular stages except 150 Mega Mewtwo Y. The EX stages feel like a huge step up in difficulty though. Super annoying when you play well in timed and they break out of the ball... D:<

Boogiepop

Okay, got a run where things went well and got a score of just barely over 18000 on Mega Lucario with no items. Got a rank of like 1633 or something, so I think I'm going to stop grinding in hopes of a better score for now and just leave it be till we're near the end, and then I'll see if I need to try for better. I feel like that should hopefully be good enough though, and worst comes to worst I'll pay for the items, since I have the coins for if I need them.

Ugh, Bronzong, I have trouble getting a S rank. Can get A rank fine for the most part.

Finally caught Gengar. So basically, his ability is removing all other Gengars on the field. Eeehhhh, I can see if you build them up, it can help, but the same can be said for Mega Slowpoke.

You should think of Mega Gengar as this way: pseudo-Complexity -1.

Combine it with an actual Complexity -1 and Mega Start, and, boom, (pretty much) instant S-Rank on any non-timed stage.

My most recent attempt is still holding up at around #10000 I believe (I don't have my 3DS on me right now). I'm hoping things don't get fierce enough to kill that in the next 3 days. I still haven't tried with items though, so I should hopefully have time to improve.

I really hope whatever power he has, it's useful enough to help me fight Mega Mawile. I'm getting pretty annoyed with that one.

I've been trying the alternate route of going for Moltress and/or Blaziken in the EX stages. I prepped for that by catching Blastoise for more water power. With that I can ALMOST kill Moltres, though I'll obviously need to be more prepared/git gud to actually catch it.

Elija2

Got lucky and managed to get a good score without items on Mega Lucario. Now I'm in the low 3,000s. Feeling fairly safe right now.

Got like 70,000th place or so yesterday. :( Sucks that they lock off stuff like this. I know they always did that with the mainline games with event Pokemon but it seems like its happening more often. Really sours me on the whole franchise. I didn't even buy the remakes which is something I never thought I'd do.

Oh well...at the Emolga stage (my second favorite Pokemon!) and will try and do all the base levels and just not worry about extras but still sucks. Atleast with Mew, Kyogre, Rotoms all you had to do was beat a level, having it be online leaderboards seems insane.

TrickRoom

I really hope whatever power he has, it's useful enough to help me fight Mega Mawile. I'm getting pretty annoyed with that one.

It's posted on the pokemon.com site. It erases the top and bottom lines.

Edit: whoops, got confused on the effects. "Five tiles above and below".

Got like 70,000th place or so yesterday. :( Sucks that they lock off stuff like this. I know they always did that with the mainline games with event Pokemon but it seems like its happening more often. Really sours me on the whole franchise. I didn't even buy the remakes which is something I never thought I'd do.

I'd say in terms of main series, it's actually happening less often... considering OrAs just made one of them obtainable and wifi events are more common these days.

But yeah, limiting this mega stone to a placing makes it really tough on everyone. Especially when we don't know for how long this spinoff is getting supported.

Boba2007

It's posted on the pokemon.com site. It erases the top and bottom lines.

It's actually the exact same as Mega Lopunny. Kinda lame but still nice to have a fighter type Mega.

Anyways, I ended up accidentally catching Yveltal at 6% so now I've completed everything until it updates. Maybe I'll just grind levels and coins now, I dunno.

zlCfzTIttuIGAPeaTa

It was a fun run, even with the terrible microtransaction stuff. Still glad I didn't spend anything.

JoeM86

The Meowth stage is seemingly back (I'm going to stop posting reminders if they keep doing this) so you can use that for coins

wilflare

CAUGHT Mew <3
thanks folks!

I think I'm really enjoying this game - it's pretty fun!

---
anyway, how do they determine the Ranks? (S, A, B)
I'm around Stage 33 now or so and I've been getting a string of Bs

Hegarol

The Meowth stage is seemingly back (I'm going to stop posting reminders if they keep doing this) so you can use that for coins
Since there is no distribution date in the Meowth info anymore its probably an ongoing event not meant to end in the near future. Good thing :)

JoeM86

Since there is no distribution date in the Meowth info anymore its probably an ongoing event not meant to end in the near future. Good thing :)

We should get new daily challenges and new standard events from Monday.

Going to be a busy writeup morning for me haha

Loptous

Mewtwo Y is buggy.
You can't match them with L, T or + shape.
It will always result in a horizontal match only.

Haven't used coins for the Lucario challenge and I'm still in the top 600 in PALland (which seems a lot less competitive than the other territories)
Hopefully, I won't need to use them, but you never know what might happen sunday.

Chris1

FUCK, was farming coins on meowth and didn't manage to beat him, then the popup came up to use a jewel on 5 extra turns and accidently hit purchase as I wasn't paying attention and there was no confirmation screen. Damn that's annoying lol.

Koren

Stupid question: I was busy during the last weeks (looking for Amiibos, for once ;) ) and haven't discovered the game before today. Now, I read there're time-exclusive.

Any chance I can do something about it or am I too late, like... almost each time I touch something related to Pokemon? Any advices?

(I'm in Europe, btw, and the software pop up today, although I've played my 3DS at least a dozen days ago, strangely)

Chris1

Stupid question: I was busy during the last weeks (looking for Amiibos, for once ;) ) and haven't discovered the game before today. Now, I read there're time-exclusive.

Any chance I can do something about it or am I too late, like... almost each time I touch something related to Pokemon? Any advices?

(I'm in Europe, btw, and the software pop up today, although I've played my 3DS at least a dozen days ago, strangely)

Go to special, lucario is there and if you finish in the top 20k rankings you get a free lucarionite megastone. It ends ~40ish hours from now.

There's also mew and Kyogre which is due to end soon, so make sure you catch them aswell.

If you just discovered the game you might not be able to build up a decent team to get them just yet unfortunately, mew and Kyogre might be possible but probably not the lucarionite megastone though I think we'll see that repeated at a later date anyways, but you get a free jewel just for taking part so it's worth a try anyways, europe doesn't seem very competitive as i'm sitting at 8k score and 26k in the rankings without using any powerups, so if you use a complexity -1 you might be able to get that too but I guess it depends on your pokemon.

I'd say you should focus on getting mew first though, they've said that's only a launch event so it probably won't be repeated, whereas kyogre probably will at a later date.

Koren

Go to special, lucario is there and if you finish in the top 20k rankings you get a free lucarionite megastone. It ends ~40ish hours from now.

There's also mew and Kyogre which is due to end soon, so make sure you catch them aswell.

If you just discovered the game you might not be able to build up a decent team to get them just yet unfortunately, mew and Kyogre might be possible but probably not the lucarionite megastone
Many thanks for the advices...

Though there's an additional hurdle... The game require that you link your 3DS to an NNID... which is an issue for me (I think about buying a New XL, and since I don't want to do a complete transfer (I want to leave my AC town in this one), I shouldn't probably use my own NNID, but using a different one from the Wii U is not great either. I hate that Nintendo forbid you to link several 3DS to the same account)... Decisions, decisions...

Oh, and I hate Pokemon unique events, too ^_^

Maybe I should just hope that the new partnership for mobile games cover this game (which seems the most obvious candidate to me). Granted, I'd have to buy a smartphone first, but...

Top Bottom