• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Growlie19

Decided to use a complexity -1 on the Mega Lucario stage since I had more than enough coins. Bumped my score up a solid 4000ish points and now I'm just outside the top 2500 in NA. Hope that lasts, but I can still buy 2 more if necessary.

CAUGHT Mew <3
thanks folks!

I think I'm really enjoying this game - it's pretty fun!

---
anyway, how do they determine the Ranks? (S, A, B)
I'm around Stage 33 now or so and I've been getting a string of Bs

Nice! I wasn't sure if you could do it at your level : P

Good luck with Kyogre...

For ranks, I believe it's just turns/time left. As a rule of thumb, S rank is within half the number of allowed turns. So 8 or less turns for 16 turn stages or 7 or less for 15 turn stages.

You can "cheat" by buying the turns/time +X item to increase your turns/time and improve your rank. Just remember that it doesn't help with catch rate at all.

Chris1

Gave lucario another try no items, managed to bump mu score up 2.5k to 10.5k now, firmly sitting at 12k/102k.. Should be safe with a complexity -1 tomorrow I hope.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still stuck at 14,7## points (got about 14,0## earlier today), but still ranked at about 4,8##. Surprised how well I've stayed ranked considering I didn't use any items to get that score.

wilflare

Nice! I wasn't sure if you could do it at your level : P

Good luck with Kyogre...

For ranks, I believe it's just turns/time left. As a rule of thumb, S rank is within half the number of allowed turns. So 8 or less turns for 16 turn stages or 7 or less for 15 turn stages.

You can "cheat" by buying the turns/time +X item to increase your turns/time and improve your rank. Just remember that it doesn't help with catch rate at all.

wait. so what's the recommended level to do that... was I just plain lucky? haha

hmm I thought having more turns help improve catch rate?

for some stages, no matter what I do, it's a low rate.

and I just using optimise... lol

I checked up on my Mega Lucario score. It's specifically 11981 which puts me at 12647th place with 2 days to go. I'm a little wary, especially with last minute pushes as the deadline nears when people decide to break out the stops and use items. I'm going to see how it is at 1 day left before I decide to use the cash or my free -1 complexity.

I suppose I am pretty proud that I have a competitive score despite me having not unlocked any of the strongest pokemon.

Wilflare, winning with more turns does improve the catch rate, but the turns added with +5 moves doesn't count towards that, only your starting turns really matters.

And Mega Slowbro is such a bro. I haven't been following the earlier thoughts, but he's has GOT to be a favorite Mega for many people, if not most.

wilflare

I checked up on my Mega Lucario score. It's specifically 11981 which puts me at 12647th place with 2 days to go. I'm a little wary, especially with last minute pushes as the deadline nears when people decide to break out the stops and use items. I'm going to see how it is at 1 day left before I decide to use the cash or my free -1 complexity.

I suppose I am pretty proud that I have a competitive score despite me having not unlocked any of the strongest pokemon.

Wilflare, winning with more turns does improve the catch rate, but the turns added with +5 moves doesn't count towards that, only your starting turns really matters.

And Mega Slowbro is such a bro. I haven't been following the earlier thoughts, but he's has GOT to be a favorite Mega for many people, if not most.

thanks man!

hmm but no matter what, some Pokemon will remain with a ridiculously low catch rate right?

LOLDSFAN

Stupid question: I was busy during the last weeks (looking for Amiibos, for once ;) ) and haven't discovered the game before today. Now, I read there're time-exclusive.

Any chance I can do something about it or am I too late, like... almost each time I touch something related to Pokemon? Any advices?

(I'm in Europe, btw, and the software pop up today, although I've played my 3DS at least a dozen days ago, strangely)
Most of these "time-exclusives" repeat themselves anyway so I wouldn't worry.

wilflare

Do you mean Mega Slowbro? You don't actually catch the regular Slowbro until a later stage. It's weird, but that's how it is.

oh oh well.. lol i'm rushing thru the game - it's fun.
hoping I can get all events...

up to like 6 jewels now... holding on to them as much as possible

oh oh well.. lol i'm rushing thru the game - it's fun.
hoping I can get all events...

up to like 6 jewels now... holding on to them as much as possible

Yeah, there's no point using jewels until you have 12, because you're getting less bang for your buck otherwise. You'll get to 12 just by playing through the map.

Used that free complexity 1 and the other item you could buy with coins and got to twelve thousand or so. I can't do it again, felt like my arms were about to fall off. Not good at puzzle games despite enjoying some over the years. Pls noone play again.

wilflare

Yeah, there's no point using jewels until you have 12, because you're getting less bang for your buck otherwise. You'll get to 12 just by playing through the map.

and better to just spend them on Coins?

used complexity -1 and got to top 300 in NA. Guess I'm safe.

bleh I really need to catch up
what levels are you guys at

Optimize - is it okay to use this? maybe that's why my levels are so low :/

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Got up to 14k without using anything.

I have no idea why I was getting stressed out when this event started.

SalvaPot

I decided to go all out for Mega Lucario now since I have the coins and I don't want to deal with any server errors later on when everyone goes for the last rush to get in the top 20,000.

Used -1 Complexity and Disruption delay and a team of Mega Slowbro, Xerneas, Mewtwo and Azumarril, got a score of 27258 and right now I'm at place 57 of 205192 in the Americas, I think I'm feeling preeetty confident right now I make the cut.

I'll be farming coins anyway just in case I need to make one last run tomorrow if I somehow get kicked out, but I think I'm safe.

adroit

Most of these "time-exclusives" repeat themselves anyway so I wouldn't worry.
I'm glad to hear that. I've never played a mobile f2p game so I didn't know how these things usually work.

I used a Complexity -1 to get a decent score but if I get bumped out in the last-day frenzy I'll just hope there's eventually another chance (which hopefully automatically excludes people who've already acquired the stone otherwise I may never get it due to my woeful lack of skill).

JoeM86

share some tips please :(
my max is only 3800 :/

Always try for 4+ matches where possible. Go with Mega Slowbro. Its ability really helps clear the board when there are multiple Slowbro there. Otherwise just be quick and keep combos going.

Though I'm nothing on the top Japanese players, they're insane. Top score is 64,000. I miss when my score was in the Top 150 in Japan. Haven't improved on that score, but 5,800 people have beat it.

wilflare

Always try for 4+ matches where possible. Go with Mega Slowbro. Its ability really helps clear the board when there are multiple Slowbro there. Otherwise just be quick and keep combos going.

Though I'm nothing on the top Japanese players, they're insane. Top score is 64,000. I miss when my score was in the Top 150 in Japan. Haven't improved on that score, but 5,800 people have beat it.

thanks! guess I need to push myself to quickly get Mega Slowbro first :/
seems difficult

do the Rank S matter generally?

RiggyRob

Managed to get to 53rd out of 100,000+ in Europe after using the Complexity -1 and Disruption Delay, and there's only 16 or so hours left till the event ends so I think I'm good for top 20,000.

Chris1

Managed to get to 53rd out of 100,000+ in Europe after using the Complexity -1 and Disruption Delay, and there's only 16 or so hours left till the event ends so I think I'm good for top 20,000.
Currently sitting at 11,697/111k with a score of 11,037. Not sure if I should use a complexity -1 and DD just incase like 50k people have the same idea and do it in the last 10 minutes, or try and ride it out and save my coins.

Qurupeke

It seems like people start to step the game up. I think I'm still safe at 5500~ but I'll check before sleep to make sure. I don't expect people staying up all night and to get a better score... Also, my score is 12500~. I think I wouldn't even make it in top 20.000s in US...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
18925 puts me in 1492nd place. I don't think I can improve that score without items, so I'm going to say I'm safe for my stone. :3

E: Now to S rank every stage...I have EX19 unlocked, but I appear to have quite a few left. What are the unlock conditions for 19? Should give me an idea of how much more work I will have, ha.

MicH

Haven't played this since release, but now I want that Kucarioite! I got a score at about 10k and I'm at 17k place. Pretty good for a first try without items. Also got Kyogre. Did I miss anything? Already hot Mew

Haven't played this since release, but now I want that Kucarioite! I got a score at about 10k and I'm at 17k place. Pretty good for a first try without items. Also got Kyogre. Did I miss anything? Already hot Mew

You didn't miss a thing :)

I'm still struggling with kyogre myself, he wont be caught.

Also struggling on Gastly's level... is he supposed to be a "gear check" kind of pokemon? What a nasty roadblock...

Chris1

You didn't miss a thing :)

I'm still struggling with kyogre myself, he wont be caught.

Also struggling on Gastly's level... is he supposed to be a "gear check" kind of pokemon? What a nasty roadblock...
I don't know how people have so much trouble on Kyogre, I managed to catch him first try and finished the battle with like 16 moves left. I'm going to give him another shot.
My team: Mega Ampharos 5, Dedenne 4, Grovyle 4, Raichu 3

Managed to beat it with 17 moves left, don't know what the capture rate on that is as I have already caught him but I think it's around 50%. At 20 moves I got my mega and Kyogre was at half HP, so the mega ampharos special move did most of the work, if you don't have him I'd say try and capture him first.

I'm still on map 60-ish, so strong pokemon aren't available. Either way, I just got a lucky catch at 50% after a super long combo that took around 30 seconds to finish. His HP was destroyed.

Is the scoring ranking not updating correctly for anyone? I got a new high score of about 15,000 and the game told me the result uploaded successfully, but I'm still seeing my old ranking data.

hirokazu

I'm still on map 60-ish, so strong pokemon aren't available. Either way, I just got a lucky catch at 50% after a super long combo that took around 30 seconds to finish. His HP was destroyed.

I started a second game on my old 3DS and got Kyogre while on around Stage 30 of the regular stages. It's really weird seeing people struggle at stages that seemed pretty easy, and them seeing others breeze through stages that gave me a hard time.

I really suck at the timed stages. Are you people with 15k+ scores just really good, or you've got the right Pokémon levelled up? My max is about 10.7k without items. I see some of you people saying "Yeah, I'm in the top 2000, hopefully that's good enough."

Are you kidding? I'm in the top 14k and I'm hoping there isn't gonna be 6k people beating my score in the last hours! I'm pretty sure you guys are totally safe!

I started a second game on my old 3DS and got Kyogre while on around Stage 30 of the regular stages. It's really weird seeing people struggle at stages that seemed pretty easy, and them seeing others breeze through stages that gave me a hard time.

I really suck at the timed stages. Are you people with 15k+ scores just really good, or you've got the right Pokémon levelled up? My max is about 10.7k without items. I see some of you people saying "Yeah, I'm in the top 2000, hopefully that's good enough."

Are you kidding? I'm in the top 14k and I'm hoping there isn't gonna be 6k people beating my score in the last hours! I'm pretty sure you guys are totally safe!

I'm still having a bit of a problem waiting for my new score to even end up registering. A high score of 15K won't mean a thing if it turns out it didn't upload at all...

(For the matter, I tried to refresh the rankings, and nothing changed for some reason. It's like it's stuck in time.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well CRAP, I finally beat my old score by about 500 points on Mega Lucario, but it seems the way I matched a Mega Slowbro made it glitch, because it didn't do its move, so I switched it & now the timer is done, but one is still glowing & won't activate....

PetrCobra

Well CRAP, I finally beat my old score by about 500 points on Mega Lucario, but it seems the way I matched a Mega Slowbro made it glitch, because it didn't do its move, so I switched it & now the timer is done, but one is still glowing & won't activate....

hearing about this glitch left and right, didn't happen to me yet but I can't help but wonder when are they planning to patch that

JoeM86

High score for Japanese players of the Mega Lucario stage is 75,999...with no Mega Evolution. Yowzah.
CAuAcA-WcAAbimU.png

My ranking also dropped 1,000 from when I checked this morning

Yeeeeeeeeep, the score upload was a failure. And I fell off the top 20,000.

*immediately exchanges his three spare Jewels for another try*

"17,544"

Much better.

And my ranking shot up to 2714 out of 210635. Hope I don't fall off the top 20,000 while I sleep!

Yesterday I was 12,000.

Today I am 15,500.

Welp. RIP in peace Lucarionite. I guess I should waste all my coins for one final battle. RIP in peace coins.

Yesterday I was 12,000.

Today I am 15,500.

Welp. RIP in peace Lucarionite. I guess I should waste all my coins for one final battle. RIP in peace coins.

If you were already at that ballpark, try using items for just that one time. A score of 17K is likely to be good enough to place you in the top 3,000 for NA.

About 11 hours to go, now. I've really got no idea if I've done enough. I'm around 15.000th at the moment (US version) and I don't know what happens now. I wonder how many people have got enough money for items, and how many are actually going to play it again or just played it for the jewel or have simply forgotten.

For sure I've got a good enough party to beat that guy by more points than other people but I'd much rather do it without spending 9,000 coins.

Top Bottom