• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

I placed around 5,500 in the European rankings and 9,000 in the American rankings. Hope I'll stay around those places by the time the competition ends.

About 11 hours to go, now. I've really got no idea if I've done enough. I'm around 15.000th at the moment (US version) and I don't know what happens now. I wonder how many people have got enough money for items, and how many are actually going to play it again or just played it for the jewel or have simply forgotten.

For sure I've got a good enough party to beat that guy by more points than other people but I'd much rather do it without spending 9,000 coins.

You mean 10,500 coins, right? Lucario's disruption can be nasty when you need to act fast.

TrickRoom

High score for Japanese players of the Mega Lucario stage is 75,999...with no Mega Evolution. Yowzah.
CAuAcA-WcAAbimU.png

My ranking also dropped 1,000 from when I checked this morning

It looks like this team is running off Pixie Power, which is interesting.

I tend to ignore abilities that aren't Mega Effects, since they don't even activate 100% of the time when you'd think they do.

MicH

Went from 17,000th place to 18,200th place (EU). Can't do it better and I have no coins. Eh, it'll probably come back sometime again

Growlie19

Used one last complexity -1 just to be safe and cracked 20000 points! I'm now in the top 1000 in NA. Won't last, but it'll take some horrendous luck to drop out of the top 20000.

You mean 10,500 coins, right? Lucario's disruption can be nasty when you need to act fast.

I dunno, I don't find it really gets in the way a lot, I hardly notice it a lot of the time. I could probably do without it being there now and then (it's annoying when you're lining up five Pokémon and two of them get disrupted away) but I figure complexity-1 would be more than enough to get the score I need to get so it's not really necessary.

I've just remembered that I meant to be playing with Togekiss and he wasn't in my team due to optimise so I might have to try again!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Checked my rank with my score of 14,745. At about 6,522 out of 211,000+. Guess I might be safe, but still annoyed I managed to get about 15,2## after numerous tries & it decided to glitch so it wouldn't finish the match.

Razmos

I was ranked 72 in Europe on the day the event started, with a score of 16,237. I'm now ranked 1724 on the final day.

Not bad, I was worried I might have to get a higher score before the event was over to keep on the rankings, but it's all good.

Checked my rank with my score of 14,745. At about 6,522 out of 211,000+. Guess I might be safe, but still annoyed I managed to get about 15,2## after numerous tries & it decided to glitch so it wouldn't finish the match.

Sounds like me, except replace "wouldn't finish the match" with "wouldn't upload the score for real". At least that is moot seeing as trying again with newly-acquired coins got myself a higher score that is uploaded properly.

9 hours, 40 mins left. I'm stiill within the top 2000 with 16012. Hopefully that will keep me within the top 20,000 (this is for EU btw)

I still haven't beaten the main game yet. Dam mega levels are such a pain especially with the RNG gods against you.

Xenoboy

Hopefully I'm lucky and won't get demoted from top 2000 to top 30k overnight. I wasted 10k coins, so it better be worth it...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just checked the rankings again.

1668th with a score of 18,925. I think I'm good.

Any tips for the Togekiss stage? I can't seem to S rank it (or beat it with consistency).

Robin64

Had one final look, I'd dropped from being comfortable to being in 19,789th place. Ouch!
So bought a C-1, got about 16k score and it put me in 2700th place. Much more acceptable, hopefully it will stay high when the contest ends.

MicH

Are there any other Passcodes out there besides the one for two free Mega Starts?

I also decided to throw some money at the game and bought 12 jewels. First and only time I'll buy jewels, but the game is pretty good so I wanted to pay what I would have paid had it not been free. Got 48k coins and bought -1C and Disruption Delay for Mega Lucario. Got about 15k and should sit comfortably for the duration of the contest

If you were already at that ballpark, try using items for just that one time. A score of 17K is likely to be good enough to place you in the top 3,000 for NA.
No, I got to 12,000ish place with both items before at around 12,000 score I think. And I gave it my all. Do not think I could do it again. But I might try. I only have enough coins for one game since I haven't played everyday so I got one shot lol.

Solobbos

I didn't have time to get great Pokémon, so I just home-spammed myself to about 5000 rank. I've already dropped about 1000 ranks, hopefully I won't drop down 14,000 more ranks. Seems quite impossible, though.

Etria

We get one free Complexity -1 from the game, right?
Are additional ones purchased with coins? If so, how much do they cost?

Last I checked, I had a score of ~14,500 and within the top 10,000, but not sure if that'll stay there. It doesn't help that I don't have Xerneas and am just rocking a team of Mega Slowbro, Chatot, Azumarill and Slurpuff :/

BooJoh

We get one free Complexity -1 from the game, right?
Are additional ones purchased with coins? If so, how much do they cost?

Last I checked, I had a score of ~14,500 and within the top 10,000, but not sure if that'll stay there. It doesn't help that I don't have Xerneas and am just rocking a team of Mega Slowbro, Chatot, Azumarill and Slurpuff :/

Complexity -1 is 9000 Coins, so a Mega Lucario run with both powerups will set you back 10,500.

I think the C.-1 will remove your 4th slotted Pokemon so make sure you put the one you least want to bring along in that slot.

6000+ right now. I think I'll take the risk and not use the C-1. I can't see so many people passing me right now...

I'm in the top 2000 and i still fear moving out :(

just remember though, its usually during the start and the end of a competition, when a lot of people compete. So there is a greater chance of more people overtaking you.

bjork

I've decided I'm just going to use my hearts to catch guys in order until I get everyone before Mega Glalie captured. So I'm stuck on... Dedenne? That mouse thing. Like 10ish hearts on him so far. I refuse to use anything on him, little bastard mouse thing.

Etria

Complexity -1 is 9000 Coins, so a Mega Lucario run with both powerups will set you back 10,500.

I think the C.-1 will remove your 4th slotted Pokemon so make sure you put the one you least want to bring along in that slot.

Okay, good to know. I realised I shouldn't have used my coins on EXP 1.5. It didn't help at all.

Chrom

I'm hovering around 17k at the moment. I think I'll be fine for the Lucarionite. I'll keep my eye out tonight though.

Off-topic, but I couldn't help but notice how many FE avatars there are on this page, haha.

n64coder

So what is the trick for the contest? To get as many 5 match as possible? Or to keep making matches? I suck. My high is around 9000, nowhere near the top 20000. I guess I won't get the stone.

So what is the trick for the contest? To get as many 5 match as possible? Or to keep making matches? I suck. My high is around 9000, nowhere near the top 20000. I guess I won't get the stone.

Well, its to get as many matches as possible to get a high score I usually get around 13,000/14,000 however it is much easier to get a higher score if you use the complexity -1 and distruption.

To use those you need to spend 10.500 coins though.

Trick is your stylus should never stop moving. Unlike the regular levels, you can move everything at all times - and you should be. That and buying the "cheats".

Just scored 16,346 and I'm ranked 4,359. I set my alarm on my phone to check where my ranking is an hour before it ends tonight. >.>

MicH

4073th place (EU) with 6 and a half hour to go. I'm pretty sure I'm good. Most Europeans are probably hearing to bed soon

I cannot beat Mega Mawile. Any tips for it? It's just so hard to getting any chains at all in.
I'm not sure myself - the closest I can get is 25% health left.

In the meantime, I'm going back and beating earlier stages to fill out my roster and also gain more experience - aside from chaining, having Pokemon with better stats helps with stage completion as well, I reckon. If I were to actually choose my party based on ability, that would probably be another helpful area.

Chris1

4073th place (EU) with 6 and a half hour to go. I'm pretty sure I'm good. Most Europeans are probably hearing to bed soon

"Europe" is counting australians too, who should be just waking up.

Currently sitting at 14.6k, I think I'm safe.. Should be up awake around the time that it ends so if I'm cutting it close I'll pop out a complexity -1 and DD. Haven't actually dropped that many ranks today, only around 3k.. I was expecting worse.

adroit

I can't believe we're all competing for an imaginary object. What has civilization come to? I blame Genius Sonority. Because otherwise I'd have to blame myself.

8D

-Horizon-

Yeah, I doubt I can get into the top 20000. The closest I can get is 77000 but with no items used. I don't know if I should spend some coins to use some items for it or if it'll just be a waste.

Just used both items to get to rank 33000 now lol.

-Horizon-, what team are you packing?

Just used my free complexity-1 + disruption delay to get a SLIGHTLY better score.

It sucked so I went all in and spent almost all of my coins on another complexity-1+ delay, and got a score of 16423, and 4592/216546 in North America.

I don't think I'll be getting better than that.

Top Bottom