• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

-Horizon-

-Horizon-, what team are you packing?

Just used my free complexity-1 + disruption delay to get a SLIGHTLY better score.

It sucked so I went all in and spent almost all of my coins on another complexity-1+ delay, and got a score of 16423, and 4592/216546 in North America.

I don't think I'll be getting better than that.

I just use Slowbro, Chatot, Azumarill, Slurpuff.

I don't think I have super cool ones like Xerneas or anything like those the top ranks has.

necrosis

used my free complexity -1 two days into the contest and have been sitting comfortably in the top 5,000 until today, over the course of which i have dropped down nearly 5,000 spots

given that i do not want to spend any more coins (if possible), i'm going to hold off on redoing the course with items unless i drop down another 5,000 spots or so

i have caught and leveled up xerneas in the meantime, and can hit 11k/12k with no items, so i think i could handily blow my old score out of the water if worst comes to worst

I just use Slowbro, Chatot, Azumarill, Slurpuff.

I don't think I have super cool ones like Xerneas or anything like those the top ranks has.

Hmm, that's who I use, but with Togetic instead of Chatot.

How rapidly are you swapping pokemon? I did really badly at Expert style stages until I realized that it's all about never stopping the swaps for even a millisecond (and to ideally not use similar looking pokemon, that still trips me up).

-Horizon-

How rapidly are you swapping pokemon? I did really badly at Expert style stages until I realized that it's all about never stopping the swaps for even a millisecond (and to ideally not use similar looking pokemon, that still trips me up).

I'm doing ok-ish. Yeah, expert stages tripped me up at first but I got somewhat used to it. Its fine, I doubt I can get a better rank before this is over. I don't have enough for a complexity and disruption items which were the only reasons I got a somewhat better score a few moments ago. Nowhere near 20000 though lol

OmegaX

I'm at 6571/216770, so I think I'm safe. I had to buy items twice because my place was dropping fast.
I thought I wasn't gonna make it because I don't have Xerneas or Togetic like the current top scores.

necrosis

another tip, which has likely been mentioned here before, is that when using mega slowbro, focus on all your other matches and simply let slowbro fill (and then clear) the board

Draxal

is togetic that good?

He has fairy power, which is pretty strong along with Xerneas and Azurmarill and Slurpuff.

All the time, similiar looking pokemon is actually the biggest block for me.

Got a US ranking around 17,600 with just under four hours left. I wonder if it will hold! I caved and used 3/5 of my jewels to buy the two items. I still didn't do very well.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'm at a ranking of 18k. I hope I'll be within the 20k limit ;.; used an item too ;.;

This is a fun game to play in small bursts. luckily the heart system seems to facilitate this play style quite well! I wonder if anyone actually purchases the items?

This is a fun game to play in small bursts. luckily the heart system seems to facilitate this play style quite well! I wonder if anyone actually purchases the items?

I agree. I really don't see much personal need to get hearts, because this is the sort of game I need to spoonfeed on, not binge. Binging is for deeper experiences that will give more depth as I play.

hirokazu

Can anyone post their current score and EU ranking? I'm at work and the competition ends an hour before I finish. When I checked this morning, I was ranked in the 15,000s, down about 2000 places from 5 hours earlier, with 8 hours to go. :/

-Horizon-

I didn't use Xerneas either. Using the -1 complexities helped a lot. I am only on stage 29 or 30 at the moment.

I went and wasted that free one they gave and don't have enough to buy another one lol

Well I do, I can use jewels to buy coins...but I just don't know what would happen if something actually awesome is put up and I needed some jewels.

eRonin

Can anyone post their current score and EU ranking? I'm at work and the competition ends an hour before I finish. When I checked this morning, I was ranked in the 15,000s, down about 2000 places from 5 hours earlier, with 8 hours to go. :/

I'm in Australia but part of the Europe region for this comp. I'm at 13657 points and 5140/117628 ranking. 2 hr 8 min left in the comp.

I went and wasted that free one they gave and don't have enough to buy another one lol

Well I do, I can use jewels to buy coins...but I just don't know what would happen if something actually awesome is put up and I needed some jewels.

I used up my remaining jewels for some coins and bought a -1 too, but now I'm out and I don't want to pay for more coins lol. Hope I don't drop too low before its all over lol
While this was going on this week, I just tried leveling up my same team before I went for the stage again.

That's true, I feel like they might start doing a bunch of little competitions like this in the future and other stuff! Which would be pretty awesome!

Etria

Mega Slowbro, Chatot, Azumaril, and Slurpuff.
Mega Slowbro did most of the work with the combos. My high score is 15304.

Did you use any DD/C -1? What level are your Pokemon?
I have the same team but can't get to that score. Must be that my match ups don't occur fast enough.

I just spent $4.99 so that I could make sure my score would stay in the top 20,000 (I was around 18,500 rank).

I feel like a total idiot, but at least I got my rank up in the 7000s. I should be safe now!

About an hour and a half left til I begin training a new team in preparation for the next Mega Stone event. I'm thinking of Fire/Flying. That will take out Venosaur/Heracross/Scizor/Sceptile and you know some stage is going to feature a ton of smoke at some point.

iphys

I just spent $4.99 so that I could make sure my score would stay in the top 20,000 (I was around 18,500 rank).

I feel like a total idiot, but at least I got my rank up in the 7000s. I should be safe now!

Lol, I was too cheap to spend coins on the stage never mind real $. I spent my coins to get Xerneas and Mewtwo and get a good score without items.

necrosis

this isn't directed at you specifically, but i don't understand why people are so adverse to spending a reasonable amount of money on FTP games when you're having fun & getting a lot of time out of them

shuffle has me clocked at something like 25 hours. i'm not sure how much of that has been spent solving puzzles (versus looking through pokemon, idling, etc) but i would have no reservations about throwing $5 or so down for a 25 hour-long game

this isn't directed at you specifically, but i don't understand why people are so adverse to spending a reasonable amount of money on FTP games when you're having fun & getting a lot of time out of them

shuffle has me clocked at something like 25 hours. i'm not sure how much of that has been spent solving puzzles (versus looking through pokemon, idling, etc) but i would have no reservations about throwing $5 or so down for a 25 hour-long game

Because you're spending $5 to collect an item that will be eventually free. And with 50 some odd Mega evolutions that's adding up. I'm not adverse to ever spending money on the game because you're right it's been well worth the price, I just don't feel like I should have to pay to win.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
About an hour left & dropped to 8,750th place. Guessing I'll still be fine & well above 20000th.

Also cool, finally captured Entei. Now to focus on Heatran, Xerneas, & Yveltal.

Again, I say wait. Those coins and items could go to a pokemon you feel better prepared for. You'd have to push for megaslowbro and other solid mons AND get used to the stage (probably with items) in what, half an hour?

Makes sense to save the resources for an event that you're more prepared for timewise. Especially since apperently Mega Lucario is basically a Fighting Mega Lopunny. I admit I really want one for a super effective mega against Mawile though, so maybe I'd be hypocritical to say wait. At the very least it's what I'd do if I were in your position, though.

wilflare

bleh just tried with Disruption Delay and Complexity - 1
got 8000 but it's only 50000 :/

Again, I say wait. Those coins and items could go to a pokemon you feel better prepared for. You'd have to push for megaslowbro and other solid mons AND get used to the stage (probably with items) in what, half an hour?

Makes sense to save the resources for an event that you're more prepared for timewise. Especially since apperently Mega Lucario is basically a Fighting Mega Lopunny. I admit I really want one for a super effective mega against Mawile though, so maybe I'd be hypocritical to say wait. At the very least it's what I'd do if I were in your position, though.

I wish I saw this... lol but oh well lesson learnt. now I can finally move on

Currently sitting at score of 14060 and in 11088 place in NA. I keep checking the ranking every few minutes and I am slowly dropping in rank. Here's hoping it holds out for 30 more minutes.

-Horizon-

no items, no Mega Slowbro - only 6000 in score :/
bleh guess I should give up eh. or should I spam all my items and try?
It might be harder without mega slowbro clearing a big chunk of the board compared to the earlier megas that only clear like a column or two.
I'm not sure if spending your items will help you but that's just what I think.

adroit

I keep checking the ranking every few minutes and I am slowly dropping in rank. Here's hoping it holds out for 30 more minutes.
I'm beginning to realize this is not actually fun. I'm pretty sure I'd be having more fun right now if I'd never even heard of this game. 8D

wilflare

It might be harder without mega slowbro clearing a big chunk of the board compared to the earlier megas that only clear like a column or two.
I'm not sure if spending your items will help you but that's just what I think.

thanks guys. now that I have no chance at all (hearts need time to refill) I think I can finally move on. EDIT - guess I just have to learn things the hard way... so I lost 1500 coins and my free Complexity -1

I was so obsessed that I MUST COLLECT EVERYTHING, I MUST NOT MISS A THING. I was thinking to myself... if I didn't get this, I might stop playing. bleh I'm not cut for such games.

QUESTIONS
I shall try to get Rank S for Kyroge... what do the Rank S affect?
What's the best way to use coins - do I just keep spending them on +5 and 1.5 exp or what?

bon

15 minutes to go, currently sitting around 15000th place. Unless 5000 people suddenly beat my score I think I'm good.

BooJoh

What's the best way to use coins - do I just keep spending them on +5 and 1.5 exp or what?

The best way to use coins is to not use coins... until you absolutely need to to clear a stage or S-rank a Main stage. Never buy the Exp boosters, not worth it.

Top Bottom