• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

hirokazu

With Milotic being the boss of these 15 stages, it makes me wonder if they're going to do all other Mega Stones this way...
There's a lot more Pokémon for them to potentially add versus Megas, so it'd make sense either way to start seeing a less Megas from here on. I think it'd be a too unfair for new players if the rest of the Megas are competition-only. They'd have no chance unless they spend to catch up.

Boogiepop

Got 3183 with a score of 18000 and some change (US). Seems I could've got by with my initial score of 14000 and whatever and not needed to mess with grinding or whatever, but it's not like it's bad to have those extra levels anyway. Just glad I got by with no items used.

Kouriozan

Wow, I got Lucario's Mega stone, I was too lazy to check if my day one 10k score was enough yesterday.
Time to check those new stages!

I thought it was only offered to people who didn't win which I'm guessing you did win due to bolded.

Yeah but when I read the annoucement, I thought that everyone will get a Jewel, too bad I guess

With Milotic being the boss of these 15 stages, it makes me wonder if they're going to do all other Mega Stones this way...

No that just means that Milotic will get a Mega soon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MicH

Did any of you who used Complexity -1 during the competition find that it significantly increased your score? I used it twice in the early days and didnt even manage to beat my high score without items, LOL. Never used it again. Seems to be not worth the asking price for timed games, or maybe I was just bad a timed games when I tried it.

Depends on your rank. If you were close but missed out on the Lucarionite, you get a jewel. Lower rankings get you coins, though I'm not sure if the coin amount varies based on how you ranked.
My score went from 10k to 14k when I used the -1 Complexity. Definitely worth it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm guessing getting S-ranks in the new stages will count towards getting EX20, aka Mewtwo? Actually, makes me wonder if there's any new EX stages as well.

Cruncho

Maybe rubbing some salt into wounds here, but Mega Lucario is pretty helpful against Onix. He can take out all the vertical disruptions at once.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Anyone has an idea of the cut-off score for Mega-Lucarion in Europe? I was at 10.500 and change but I won't be able to check for at least 5 hours :p

Loptous

Just beat (and caught) Onix without items.
Managed it by mega evolving Mawile after 5 turns. I had 2 turns left at the end. :D

Layell

Ended up at rank 3339, used items since I had the cash lying around and these events seem as good a use as any. Lucario is fun especially with an all fighting team since his regular ability is just awesome.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awesome, Keldeo gives you 5,000 coins for beating it. Got over 9,000 coins now, maybe I'll gain a few more so I can use my free Distortion Delay, Complexity -1, and then maybe +5 Moves on the last Megas I need to S-rank (Mawile, Ampharos, Glalie, Gengar, & Mewtwo).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if Keldeo works like Mew did at first (beat once per day to get crap loads of coins). I'll give it a go tomorrow.
Sure would be nice, but considering they fixed it for Mew, I have my doubts. I'll probably give it a try as well if I still need to capture Keldeo.

bjork

Got everyone up to Mienshao caught, but my guys are only able to take Keldeo down about halfway. I'm just keeping on with my "catch all the guys before going forward" method, seems to be slowly going okay.

Final rank was #5642, so that's a win for me.

I was able to beat Mega Mawile too now. TBH though, I think I could have did it without the Mega Lucario. I feel like I got more aid from having 4 super effective pokemon on the team than I did from his power.

Anyways, time to enjoy not being blocked.

-Horizon-

Got Lucarionite, then sees Keldeo and more main stages have been added. I can't even get pass stage 135 and that stupid mega gengar still lol

lewisgone

Used the free disruption delay, +5 turn and mega start for Onix because it sucks. Great ball brought him up to 90%, so I used it thinking I'd it'll save coins in the long term since I won't have to replay the stage. Great ball failed the first time, so now I'm down 5000 coins. It's like Keldeo never happened!

Chris1

Managed to catch & beat keldeo and the other special pokemon first try. Woohoo.

Mega lucario sucks.... I'd rather have got a jewel lol.

Currently stuck at onix... the difficulty jump is insane, has anyone beat onyx without items? If so what team?

If we do continue to get new stages and cover more and more Pokemon, I wonder if the difficulty will continue to increase.
I don't mind roadblocks once in a while but it sounds like this new update has a disproportionate amount, essentially forcing coin spending.

Chopper

Managed to catch & beat keldeo and the other special pokemon first try. Woohoo.

Mega lucario sucks.... I'd rather have got a jewel lol.

Currently stuck at onix... the difficulty jump is insane, has anyone beat onyx without items? If so what team?
I really didn't have any trouble with him. No items. My team was (Mega) Lucario[5], Sceptile [5], Bronzong[4] and Swampert[3].

Finn

I just started playing this last night, and I'm kind of addicted. Over the last couple years, I have found myself perfectly fine with F2P b/c of all the games I have played on my iPhone. And this game is decked out with a Pokemon skin, basically, and that works for me.

-Horizon-

I just started playing this last night, and I'm kind of addicted. Over the last couple years, I have found myself perfectly fine with F2P b/c of all the games I have played on my iPhone. And this game is decked out with a Pokemon skin, basically, and that works for me.

I'm at the end of the lower spectrum with 17 hours played so far.

And this is coming from someone who downloaded this on a whim because it was free.

Draxal

There's a lot more Pokémon for them to potentially add versus Megas, so it'd make sense either way to start seeing a less Megas from here on. I think it'd be a too unfair for new players if the rest of the Megas are competition-only. They'd have no chance unless they spend to catch up.

Mega Lucario will be available in this method eventually i bet. But it will be three patches down.

Chris1

I really didn't have any trouble with him. No items. My team was (Mega) Lucario[5], Sceptile [5], Bronzong[4] and Swampert[3].

ah, don't quite have Sceptile or Swampert yet. Just caught Sceptile and I have came close a few times with Mega Lucario 6, Bronzong 3, Kyogre 3, Donphan 6, maybe if I replace donphan with Sceptile I'll manage it since his ability seems decent and will help out a lot at the start. Thanks.

Boogiepop

Gah, need to step away for a few minutes for something else before I can try again, but I just failed a 51%, then a 63%, then a 75% on Emolga all in a row. A lovely welcome back to having to catch Pokemon in this game.

Xenoboy

Just beat Onix on my 2nd try, don't get what's the big deal. Use Mega Mawile and those blocks will pose a lesser threat. Mega Lucario isn't that helpful.

Dang, I'm in the "can't beat Onix" camp.

Just tried it (my third time) with Mega Mawile and barely reached the half HP mark.

Maybe I'm just unlucky...

Alrighty, was able to rank high enough to receive the mega stone in my Europe and American games.
Ranked #7,249 in Europe and #13,381 in America. I see lots of new goodies were added today too.

Chopper

Just had a go at Milotic.

Ri-fucking-diculous.

It literally reset after every couple of moves. Definitely impossible without spending coins.

Boogiepop

Ugh. To hear it gets worse is nasty, but Onix is already something that really shouldn't have been like this, and it scares me a little as to what they're going to do down the line since there's no reasonable and fair way to keep upping the difficulty over the many, many Pokemon left to go. Like, I was assuming we'd get them in chunks of 100-150 every few months with a difficulty curve roughly mirroring the original one. Ugh. The worst part is... in addition to you guys saying Milotic is awful in and of itself, it's also a normal Pokemon instead of a mega, so that means you have to deal with catching it as well. I'm going to be really frustrated with this if they added a new EX stage for S ranking all this as well...

Qurupeke

Finally I'm able to update. I ranked 7562 in Europe. I guess I was right not to worry and avoiding to use C-1.

So many new things... I think I like the way the add stages. Daily+A dozen of main stages seems like the best way. Also, I love the music of the new stage...

Chris1

Ugh. To hear it gets worse is nasty, but Onix is already something that really shouldn't have been like this, and it scares me a little as to what they're going to do down the line since there's no reasonable and fair way to keep upping the difficulty over the many, many Pokemon left to go. Like, I was assuming we'd get them in chunks of 100-150 every few months with a difficulty curve roughly mirroring the original one. Ugh. The worst part is... in addition to you guys saying Milotic is awful in and of itself, it's also a normal Pokemon instead of a mega, so that means you have to deal with catching it as well. I'm going to be really frustrated with this if they added a new EX stage for S ranking all this as well...

If they waited a few months to add new pokemon people would have saved up hundreds of thousands of coins though and would just breeze through it, so nobody would have a reason to buy jewels.

It makes sense why they did it but that doesn't excuse the huge difficulty curve from the orgiinal 150.

Top Bottom