• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Didn't catch Keldeo at 35%, thought I did pretty well on that stage ... nope B on my first try. Weird My Little Pony thing might not be as easy to catch as Mew and Kyogre

JoeM86

Screw Milotic. Good christ, the entire board is glass and Milotic keeps making the rest of it glass

I've had "No moves available" 3 times in already.

Robin64

Heh, got Pachirisu first try, but Keldeo is a bit tougher. Got very lucky with combos a few times, once gave me about 60 catch rate, but still missed. The 5000 coins are very welcome, though, and if I get that high again I can just buy a Great Ball now.

Loptous

Got Lucarionite and Keldeo. \o/
As usual, I'll go at my own pace (only beat Munchlax so far with an S-Rank!)

Are there going to be new EX stages as well?
I'm not looking forward to those S-Rank if that's the case.

JoeM86

I bet. And it'll be a complete nightmare.

Considering I only managed to get S Rank on two stages, and I used ~25 hearts for 15 stages...I have a long journey ahead of me.

If you guys can give a hand with details of the Pokémon I'm missing, it'll be appreciated :)

Oh, and the Meowth stage is continuing to the end of April

JoeM86

Which two?

And is Milotic a Mega?

No, Milotic isn't a Mega haha

My ranks:
Munchlax: A (Caught)
Chespin: A
Onix: S (Caught - I caved and used Complexity -1 to win)
Froakie: C
Smeargle: S
Fennekin: B
Larvesta: B (Caught)
Feebas: C (Caught)
Poochyena: S (Caught)
Trubbish: B (Caught)
Hippopotas: S
Bagon: A (Caught)
Pancham: A (Caught)
Yamask: B
Milotic: B

If any of you have details for ones I didn't catch, wing it my way :)

wilflare

S-Ranking everything is pretty fun and it really scratches that completionist streak well...

but man it can be such a nightmare.

2.5hrs before each play is pretty good direction actually

Jucksalbe

Banned
Kinda stuck in the game now. I just can't beat stage 135 (Mega Gengar) and I didn't even get close to beating the Keldeo stage. I guess I need better Pokémon. Should I take a closer look at the Expert stages I have unlocked?

JoeM86

Out of the 2.5 million downloads of Shuffle, approximately 900,000 people participated in the Mega Lucario challenge, so in total, approximately 1 in 10 participants got the Lucarionite

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Out of the 2.5 million downloads of Shuffle, approximately 900,000 people participated in the Mega Lucario challenge, so in total, approximately 1 in 10 participants got the Lucarionite
What's the breakdown by region? I think it was a bit south of 150k for EU, right?

Boba2007

Used my free Disruption Delay on Onix and caught it, then comes the next stage and I fail it twice. Sometimes Froakie's disruption doesn't even do anything so you can't remove the ice blocks :|

I can already tell this is gonna suck.

JoeM86

Used my free Disruption Delay on Onix and caught it, then comes the next stage and I fail it twice. Sometimes Froakie's disruption doesn't even do anything so you can't remove the ice blocks :|

I can already tell this is gonna suck.

Pancham's is the worst (outside of Milotic, but Milotic is a pseudo-boss, so I'm more forgiving). Disruption every turn, bringing in black blocks etc.

Mega Lucario sucks, it just a combat type Mega Lopunny (which is funny since M-Lopunny is a combat type normally).

Can't get past through Onix though :/

BooJoh

Just goes to show that if you want to be able to get the event items from competitions like these you'll need to not only continue playing and improving your roster, but be especially stingy with your coins between competitions... or use real money like they're hoping.

So the game begins anew.

Got the Lucarionite as well so it should be fun getting back into the swing of Shuffle again.

EDIT: This Wacky Workshop music is the best thing ever!

alexein

i just burn some money to beat mewtwo y and s rank it totally worth it.
i got the lucarionite 16384 or something like that without any object.
i caught pachirisu easily but i beat keldeo 1 of the 4th time i tried it but theres 15 days for that.

Razmos

Checked in for the Lucarionite, saw extra data available, thought "Oh yeah, all the events are ending at the same time, must be new events"
Finish checking in, get bombarded with Lucarionite, Disruption Delay, Keldeo, Daily Pokemon AND new main stages. crazy.

Keldo is such a damage sponge, beat it with only 1 move left :(

Oh and I was ranked in the 2000's in Europe.

Mega Lucario is pretty crappy after all that haha.

Coincidentally I just finished everything last night (170 stages complete / 166 captures) so these new stages have some awesome timing!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Today is the day a lot of Nintendo fans finally understood why people care for free-to-play games.

Got my Lucarionite without spending any items, got Pachirisu and Keldeo on my first tries, and got up to Onix on the new stages.

Good times, man.

RiggyRob

Finished 75th in Europe with a score of 25000-ish, feels good man.

I would really like to know how many whales are subsidising the rest of the 2.5 million downloads.

MicH

Finished in the top 5000 in the Mega Lucario challenge and git my Kucarioite. Awesome!

So cool with new main stages, but I haven't S-ranked the old ones yet! And don't get me started on the EX stages which I've barely touched! :(

Got Pachirisu on my second try and beat Keldeo on my second try. He's pretty tough

I cannot beat Onix, I use Mega Mawile, Lucario, Kyogre and Sceptile, any tips ? Mega Lucario sucks too much to be useful

And I didn't receive any Jewel after the Mega Lucario challenge, isn't that offered at everyone ?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are there new EX levels too? If not, I wonder if the new stages count towards unlocking EX20 since I haven't done that yet...

hirokazu

Yep. 150kish for Europe, 220k for North America and 500k for Japan.
Damn, that many players in Japan?! When Nintendo releases this on smartphones they'll be able to fund all our console games for the foreseeable future with these F2P of things. :0

And there I was wondering why it was top 50k for Japan and 20k for everywhere else...

hirokazu

Out of about 7 tries I've only managed to beat Keldeo twice. And I didn't catch it.

It feels like the kid gloves came off for the game...

You've got two weeks to get it, so I'd spend that time playing through the regular stages, getting better Pokémon, and levelling up. I think catching it isn't too tough, but I havent S-ranked it yet though.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjPpQQf9g

Not even posting the pic here. Its too brutal too post without warning so: TRIGGER WARNING! :mad:

Really just too lazy to remember how and on iPad so think its impossible.

Daaaamn. I would rage quit if that happened. I ended up squeezing three games in an hour before deadline and got a final EU rank of 9417 or something.

Now I'm just going to concentrate on getting more S ranks on the first 150 stages, doing the dailies and having the occasional crack at the EX stages. I've caught about a third of the EX stage Pokémon. I can't be Mega Mewtwo Y though, so I don't think I'll touch that for a while. I guess I could beat it with items, but I'll save up for the next competition instead.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, was ranked 9,380. Nice to also get a free Distortion Delay & new stages as well, plus new daily Pokemon too.

I cannot beat Onix, I use Mega Mawile, Lucario, Kyogre and Sceptile, any tips ? Mega Lucario sucks too much to be useful

And I didn't receive any Jewel after the Mega Lucario challenge, isn't that offered at everyone ?
I thought it was only offered to people who didn't win which I'm guessing you did win due to bolded.

hirokazu

Did any of you who used Complexity -1 during the competition find that it significantly increased your score? I used it twice in the early days and didnt even manage to beat my high score without items, LOL. Never used it again. Seems to be not worth the asking price for timed games, or maybe I was just bad a timed games when I tried it.

I thought it was only offered to people who didn't win which I'm guessing you did win due to bolded.
Depends on your rank. If you were close but missed out on the Lucarionite, you get a jewel. Lower rankings get you coins, though I'm not sure if the coin amount varies based on how you ranked.

JoeM86

With Milotic being the boss of these 15 stages, it makes me wonder if they're going to do all other Mega Stones this way...

Top Bottom