• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Finn

Caught Pachirisu with a 39% catch rate. And with that, I am officially hooked.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I wish Togepi's icon didn't make him look so... frightened? Like, he just looks sad to be there.

SaintZ

I caught Keldeo at last after my 6th try with 12% catch rate. A mess. He was an annoying asshole for a while.

Now I need to go back to the main stages and beat Mega Mewtwo now :S

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, so the additional stages do count towards unlocking EX stages. Finally unlocked EX20.....which I'm sure will be frustrating...

If anyone has gotten an S-Rank on EX20, I would love to know the score.

I'm almost certain that the S-ranks for the EX stages are based on time remaining and not the score. Actually, I'm less sure about this but I also think that the S-ranks for the main stages are also tied to moves remaining. I think S-rank for EX is half or more time remaining, and S-rank for Main is usually half or more moves remaining. The only exception I've seen to this so far (while paying attention to it) is Pachirisu on which I had half remaining but only got A-rank. That and the Haxorus stage.

Either way, I S-ranked Mewtwo with 1:00 remaining and a score of 35778.

Kito

Is there a guide to the game's mechanics? I want to know e.g. the attack difference of 3, 4, 5 combos; a visualisation of Mega abilities; etc.

daydream

Banned
I'm almost certain that the S-ranks for the EX stages are based on time remaining and not the score. Actually, I'm less sure about this but I also think that the S-ranks for the main stages are also tied to moves remaining. I think S-rank for EX is half or more time remaining, and S-rank for Main is usually half or more moves remaining. The only exception I've seen to this so far (while paying attention to it) is Pachirisu on which I had half remaining but only got A-rank. That and the Haxorus stage.

Either way, I S-ranked Mewtwo with 1:00 remaining and a score of 35778.

I haven't played EX for awhile so I forgot it was time, not score that mattered. 1:00 remaining, you say? I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

Trying it out again and getting into more than initial run. Still wish the timer was not stupid.
I can survive if this is Nintendo's future.

Chopper

I beat Milotic without spending coins. Got a B-rank. Not bad, but I didn't catch it at 15%., unsurprisingly.

Who'd have thought Dedenne would be useful?!

MrPanic

Any tips against Mega Mewtwo Y? Will a disruption delay be enough or should I spend more to get past him. Without items I seem to get halfway its hp at best.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Onix is a special kind of frustrating. I haven't beaten him yet, but I either get him down to a sliver of health or have more than half his health left. You gotta get crazy lucky with chain combos falling from the heavens!

LOLDSFAN

Any tips against Mega Mewtwo Y? Will a disruption delay be enough or should I spend more to get past him. Without items I seem to get halfway its hp at best.

I've tried 5 extra moves, mega start, AND disruption delay all at once.

3 times... Still haven't gotten past him. ;_;

random25

Onix is the troll. Seriously, even with disruption delay I can't still beat it.

Disruption Delay plus Complexity-1 work really well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uggghhh, I had about a millimeter of health left on Bagon my first attempt, but 3 more & I can't even get close to what I originally got on my first try.

What teams are you guys using to beat Onix?

I added Glalie and Absol to Mega Mawile and Lucario for their disruption abilities and I'm so close maybe I just need a lucky run from a big combo.

Beat onix with mega lucario, bronzing, Klefki and something else I forget. Focussed on evolving quickly and it wasn't too bad.

The daily today is pathetic, can't see people having much trouble with it!

bjork

This damned Glaceon just will not cooperate and stay in the ball. That's the last one left out of the first 119, but I've got to have 15-20 runs on it with no luck. I guess that's payback for some of the other ones being such a snap.

JoeM86

Beat onix with mega lucario, bronzing, Klefki and something else I forget. Focussed on evolving quickly and it wasn't too bad.

The daily today is pathetic, can't see people having much trouble with it!

Took me 5 attempts for capture though, despite it being easy as hell and always having 50+% capture rate

I think these Great Balls are not worth it unless you end up with a 100%, the original rate being a toss-up, and you have done the stage multiple times in a row.

Great balls are never worth it ever, really. If you can beat the stage, you can catch the Pokémon, it's just a matter of persistence.

BooJoh

Great balls are never worth it ever, really. If you can beat the stage, you can catch the Pokémon, it's just a matter of persistence.

Great Balls are worth it in exactly one case: If you can't beat said stage without 2500+ coins worth of powerups. In that case, using a Great Ball is faster and cheaper than retrying. Otherwise you're better off just being patient and using another heart.

Now that I think about it I think sometimes it might be with it when you really need to move on and you are still getting what you dome warm, but I see your point.

I beat Pichu stage with one combo and his catch rate was still only 39% or so. I bought a Great Ball because I was tired of his crap.
The other Pokemon seem to have a fair rate.
Was lucky this morning...
zlCfzTJnMq0oASybz7

Loptous

Yeah, Lucario is the only Fighting Mega so far too IIRC.
He's pretty much like Mega Kangaskhan but clears tiles vertically instead of horizontally if you want an idea.
He also increases damages from fighting combos which is the strategy the top Japanese player used for the event (with fairy types though).
I don't think that's bad at all.

Haven't tested it but I'm pretty sure it could trivialize Zoroark.

Dome warm? Is that auto-correct, voice-to-text, or some expression I've never heard before? 8D

Tablet, meet leopard...er, software keyboard.

*is now going back and catching things that haven't been caught before Milotic'ing*

Hmm...is there such a thing as a "one weird trick" for that?

I also think that Wacky Workshop is at least 20 stages long, given that the stage still extends beyond stage 165. (I actually haven't attempted Milotic yet.)

bjork

Finally got Glaceon. Now it's just Mega Glalie between me and more levels.

I caught Sigilyph, but I forgot to go back and retry Pachirisu after he got away yesterday. They repeat like the Rotoms did, I hope?

JoeM86

Finally got Glaceon. Now it's just Mega Glalie between me and more levels.

I caught Sigilyph, but I forgot to go back and retry Pachirisu after he got away yesterday. They repeat like the Rotoms did, I hope?

Yeah over the next 3 weeks

So I decided to look into Japanese Wikis (search ポケとる wiki ) to see if I can find anything useful. I've failed to find any breakdown of mechanics. It might be possible from watching videos to deduce damage and chains provided you know the level of their team etc.

It was able to find a partial level up table which I have guessed the rest.
Code:
Lv	Power					
1	30	40	50	60	70	80
2	35	43	53	63	73	83
3	39	46	56	66	76	86
4	42	48	58	68	78	88
5	45	50	60	70	80	90
6	48	52	62	72	82	92
7	51	54	64	74	84	94
8	54	56	66	76	86	96
9	57	58	68	78	88	98
10	60	60	70	80	90	100
No idea if lower power Pokemon level up any faster or not (in Link Battle they became friendly faster). Looking at level 5 30 power could also end up at 55 power at level 10 though...

MicH

Somehow managed to catch Zapdos, Blastoise and Charizard. Failed really hard at Articuno and Moltres though. Ugh

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I decided to look into Japanese Wikis (search ポケとる wiki ) to see if I can find anything useful. I've failed to find any breakdown of mechanics. It might be possible from watching videos to deduce damage and chains provided you know the level of their team etc.

It was able to find a partial level up table which I have guessed the rest.
Code:
Lv	Power					
1	30	40	50	60	70	80
2	35	43	53	63	73	83
3	39	46	56	66	76	86
4	42	48	58	68	78	88
5	45	50	60	70	80	90
6	48	52	62	72	82	92
7	51	54	64	74	84	94
8	54	56	66	76	86	96
9	57	58	68	78	88	98
10	60	60	70	80	90	100
No idea if lower power Pokemon level up any faster or not (in Link Battle they became friendly faster). Looking at level 5 30 power could also end up at 55 power at level 10 though...

Interesting info...Have the JP players mined the fastest/most efficient leveling stage?

Top Bottom