• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Stupid question, is this game playable offline or you need to be connected like the mobile f2p games?
You can play the normal game offline, but not Timed Events.
The first 10 levels force you to be offline, so yeah.
The timer is based on your 3DS internal clock just like Candy Crush was.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Keldeo is being a pain, but I refuse to spend coins to catch it. At least it's good training for some grass and electric pokémon.

Loptous

So I decided to look into Japanese Wikis (search ポケとる wiki ) to see if I can find anything useful. I've failed to find any breakdown of mechanics. It might be possible from watching videos to deduce damage and chains provided you know the level of their team etc.

It was able to find a partial level up table which I have guessed the rest.
Code:
Lv	Power					
1	30	40	50	60	70	80
2	35	43	53	63	73	83
3	39	46	56	66	76	86
4	42	48	58	68	78	88
5	45	50	60	70	80	90
6	48	52	62	72	82	92
7	51	54	64	74	84	94
8	54	56	66	76	86	96
9	57	58	68	78	88	98
10	60	60	70	80	90	100
No idea if lower power Pokemon level up any faster or not (in Link Battle they became friendly faster). Looking at level 5 30 power could also end up at 55 power at level 10 though...
If it's any indication, Mewtwo seems to level up a lot slower than some pokémons in the same tier (Xerneas IIRC) from my experience.
Makes me wonder if a pokémon gains exp based on the damage it does, or if the whole team gains the same experience.

You can play the normal game offline, but not EX or Timed Events.
The first 10 levels force you to be offline, so yeah.
The timer is based on your 3DS internal clock just like Candy Crush was.
EX stages can be played offline.

Boogiepop

If it's any indication, Mewtwo seems to level up a lot slower than some pokémons in the same tier (Xerneas IIRC) from my experience.
Makes me wonder if a pokémon gains exp based on the damage it does, or if the whole team gains the same experience.

EX stages can be played offline.

99% sure it's based off damage. I was grinding the normal Lucario EX stage to level for the competition, and my Slowbro was moving significantly faster than even the Pokemon a few levels below it.

daydream

Banned
As suspected, Milotic is the first real wall I've hit in the game. Even with Dedenne I'm not getting close to beating the stage. Items to the rescue!

Eff yeah, I beat and caught Milotic without items!

Beat it with 4 turns to spare for a nail-biting 19% catch rate, but it stayed in the ball like a good 'mon.

For reference,
I used Feebas in the last slot and got lucky, clearing away a lot of the upper ice. This allowed a lot more freedom to Mega Evolve Ampharos and basically dish out more damage.

I'm really not finding these new levels much fun at all.
There's no real flow to them and they don't reward strategy, it's just a barrage of disruptions where only luck or coins see you through.
Just hit Milotic, kinda happy it's the last stage.

I'm really not finding these new levels much fun at all.
There's no real flow to them and they don't reward strategy, it's just a barrage of disruptions where only luck or coins see you through.
Just hit Milotic, kinda happy it's the last stage.

The world actually ends abruptly. The same theme continues on...

I'm suspecting there's a real Mega stage later. Maybe next week.

And maybe I'll encounter the second difficulty cliff...

(Milotic? Easy. Easily cheesable with Feebas.)

bjork

The time it takes to level up slows down significantly from level 6 onwards, in my experience.

Since I'm refusing to use items on mega Glalie, it would appear that I'm going to have a lot of time to level. I *almost* had it a little bit ago. But just almost.

JoeM86

The world actually ends abruptly. The same theme continues on...

I'm suspecting there's a real Mega stage later. Maybe next week.

And maybe I'll encounter the second difficulty cliff...

(Milotic? Easy. Easily cheesable with Feebas.)

You really hate me, don't you? :(

MrPanic

Disruption Delay plus Complexity-1 work really well.

Worked like charm, MewtwoY got rekt pretty bad by this, thnx.

Managed to get the Lucarionite, looking at some of the scores posted in this thread, I assume that the scores in Europe were pretty low in general.

Xenoboy

Holy shit. You're not kidding. I've been struggling with Yveltal for days! I've not even managed to beat him before, but just now:

zlCfzTJouwElAXPWLZ

8 seconds to spare.

Thanks!

Well, at least you managed to catch it :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Milotic is extremely easy, just add feebas to your team and it will kill itself,
Tried that, only seemed to finally start working on my final move, but I still had over half its health left.

Edit: 2nd attempt & barely made it with 5 moves left. & of course I don't capture it...

SalvaPot

Tried that, only seemed to finally start working on my final move, but I still had over half its health left.

Edit: 2nd attempt & barely made it with 5 moves left. & of course I don't capture it...

Well, the easy solution is Mega Start with Ampharos, don´t use Feebas.

Beat Milotic with Feebas and the game ends there, not on a mega-level. That's annoying. Holy shit though, that level! Tried Feebas to see if it'd work, still needed a bit of luck with initial Feebas placement, and Milotic's four-disruptions-at-once schtick was NOT FUN. I definitely wouldn't go so far as to say it "kills itself," there's still quite a lot to do to take it down. I can't believe people saying it's the first wall they've hit as well, as if Mega Glalie and Mega Gengar aren't even there.

Mega Lucario seems to evolve really quickly. I played Yveltal and I swear I only matched it twice. That's a definite plus.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Managed to beat Milotic on my first try by putting Dedenne in my team instead of Emolga.

During the "freeze" phase just focus on combining Ampharos and Dedennes left and right until you activate the Mega Evolution.

Boogiepop

Finally got Milotic down. Put in both Dedenne and Feebas and it still took a number of tries, but it went down and I amazingly caught it on that first try at like 20%. Got a B though, so if we do indeed need to keep S ranking I'll need to go back for it. Any word yet if anything happens for full S ranks on this in addition to the original set? (Guessing if it's happening it'll probably be after more sets, since this only seems to be like half a "world" at best that we got with this update...)

Got RNG trolled by Milotic. Like really it kept freezing all but one column so I could only do 1 combo at best.

Edit: Got REALLY lucky just now caught Milotic with 51% catch rate rank A without any items :eek:

Ughhhhhh I've been stuck at the darn purple jerk face for the past 2 days. Didn't want to throw coins at the darn thing because of how much I threw during the mega lucario event.

It's not so bad with the mega battles, because you'll only have to do it once. Buying one of everything basically guarantees you an S-rank, and there's nothing to catch so you only have to beat the stage then never ever go back.

It's not like you're "wasting" the items to beat a stage which you might have to beat over and over again to catch the thing.

Top Bottom