• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I havent played the game in a while, tried to catch Keldeo but failed on both attempts.

Guess the weekly exclusive Pokemon are getting tougher so you have to keep advancing in the regular missions as well.

Robin64

I notice that one of the new Megas to get at some point is Rayquaza. That guy is absolute badass. Love the design.

(Why is Rayquaza a Mega and not a Primal Reversion, anyway? Didn't get far enough in OR to find out..)

MicH

I notice that one of the new Megas to get at some point is Rayquaza. That guy is absolute badass. Love the design.

(Why is Rayquaza a Mega and not a Primal Reversion, anyway? Didn't get far enough in OR to find out..)
Rayquaza always looked like he does now. So his Primal form would be identical to the one he has now. If he comes into contact with a certain amount of meteorites he'll mega evolve - meteorites act like a mega stone to him

Qurupeke

M Rayquaza is basically the strongest Pokemon. Its stage should be a puzzle hell.

MicH

Got Keldeo on my third attempt. Awesome!

Still can't get a decent catch rate on the EX Pokemon :( I really, really hate those time based stages

eRonin

Milotic was a huge roadblock for me until I put in Feebas. Then I beat it on my first try, with 12 moves left. Still only an A though. (18831 points; what does it take to get an S class in for Milotic?)

lewisgone

Milotic was a huge roadblock for me until I put in Feebas. Then I beat it on my first try, with 12 moves left. Still only an A though. (18831 points; what does it take to get an S class in for Milotic?)

Thank you for this.

And S Ranks aren't based on points at all, but on if you have half or more turns/seconds remaining.

-Horizon-

I had to use mega start and disruption delay to beat mega gengar. With a C rank. Because I had to use up all my turns exactly to take out the last sliver of its HP.
*gives middle finger to mega gengar*

I didn't have too much trouble with Onix. Finished him with 3 moves left and caught him! (only got a B rank though). I used Mega Lucario, Donphan, Bronzong and Klefki. Klefki and Bronzong's Rock Bash is incredibly helpful against his vertical disruptions. Then have Mega Lucario clean them up

Thanks, this was finally the right combination for be to beat Onix. Donphan's paralysis and super effective combo gave me enough time to Mega level Lucario by turn 12. Caught him but somehow didn't S rank with 4 moves left and 16,800 points.

What's the easiest way to get coins? I'm constantly low and you get next to nothing for clearing stages
Other than grinding Meowth for 330 coins a match, there isn't one currently. Match four coins on that stage with 5 hearts will net you 1650 coins if you don't have anything else to complete.

Fewr

Has anyone beaten Mega Mewtwo Y without using items? If so, what team did you use?
I've got Mega Gengar (6), Yveltal (5), Scyther (7), and Zoroark (6).
On my best tries he's still got 1/4hp left.

Finn

Riolu is a little bitch. I've played his level four times today and still cannot catch him, even though I S-rank every time.

Boogiepop

BTW, just a funny little oddity that isn't really a huge issue, but apparently the game's "no more moves can be made" sensor isn't the best. I had a couple of times on Milotic where that popped up and I blatantly still had a move I could make. It's honestly more helpful then hurtful, but I guess that's another little quirk/glitch to add to the pile.

Can't beat Mega Gengar, been stuck on him for ages.

Can't beat Keldeo.

I was really enjoying the game for awhile but at this point its just become more annoying than fun TBH. :(

BTW, just a funny little oddity that isn't really a huge issue, but apparently the game's "no more moves can be made" sensor isn't the best. I had a couple of times on Milotic where that popped up and I blatantly still had a move I could make. It's honestly more helpful then hurtful, but I guess that's another little quirk/glitch to add to the pile.

Yeah, definitely happened to me as well. Did you bring Feebas, or was it a different pokemon? My match that it ignored was some regular Feebas and a frozen Feebas.

I still can't catch Keldeo. I haven't used any coins yet, trying to save some up to get a couple of the items. I've made it to stage 70 almost, so I don't have the strongest Pokemon yet.

adroit

I want Froakie to croakie. Is there a no-item secret to this monster? I guess Nintendo wants me to buy a Moves +5 every time and just pray I catch it with the minimum catch %. Yeah, no. I don't use items on catch stages. Period.

This doesn't feel like a puzzle. It just feels like BS.

RiggyRob

Tropius stage: concentrate on clearing the left sided wooden column and eventually you'll get two extra coins to match with the one that's already there.

Bit disappointing that it's not any better than the Meowth stage, I was hoping for a 5+ coin cascade.

adroit

Have you tried using Disruption Delay and Moves +5? That pair of items got me through all the tough trainer battles. You'll still need to make good matches. Try to make a match on both ends of every exchange whenever possible (I'm sure you already know that).

It probably won't be enough to S-rank it. If you want an S rank you'll need to use more items. If I eventually decide to S-rank it I'll probably use a Complexity -1, Disruption Delay, and Moves +5. That trio of items made mincemeat out of Mega Mewtwo Y (stage 150).

Qurupeke

Tropius stage: concentrate on clearing the left sided wooden column and eventually you'll get two extra coins to match with the one that's already there.

Bit disappointing that it's not any better than the Meowth stage, I was hoping for a 5+ coin cascade.

Ι lost my coin doing that. My precious coin. :(

LOLDSFAN

After multiple Mega Mewto Y attempts I finally decided to get ALL the items. Beat him and got S rank but I've used up so many coins to get there lol.

Anyway almost beat Onix my first try. Lucky combos.

Razmos

Finally decided to resorting to items to beat Onix. Used a Mega Start, Disruption Delay and Moves +5.

I beat it, but still ended up with only 2 moves left, and it broke out of the pokeball on the first shake.

To hell with that stage, seriously. That's some end-game superboss shit right there and shouldn't be a massive roadblock.

Finally decided to resorting to items to beat Onix. Used a Mega Start, Disruption Delay and Moves +5.

I beat it, but still ended up with only 2 moves left, and it broke out of the pokeball on the first shake.

To hell with that stage, seriously. That's some end-game superboss shit right there and shouldn't be a massive roadblock.

Are you using support Pokémon with Block Bash?

zlCfzTJ3Ir0Y0c1MfB

So happy I caught this jerk. Always the score gave me 3% chance of catching despite doing well.

daydream

Banned
FINALLY caught Milotic. Only thing left now is to S-Rank the stages starting with Feebas.

Although the new S-Ranks don't seem to unlock anything, yet.

The world actually ends abruptly. The same theme continues on...

I'm suspecting there's a real Mega stage later. Maybe next week.

And maybe I'll encounter the second difficulty cliff...

(Milotic? Easy. Easily cheesable with Feebas.)

Oh no doubt they'll string this out for at least a year (365 day check-in bonus!) and eventually add every single pokemon, I'm just happy Milotic is the last one for now as I've completely lost interest at this point.
It's just not very fun anymore.

(Thanks for the tip, beat Milotic first time!)

fester

Banned

Can't beat Keldeo.

I was really enjoying the game for awhile but at this point its just become more annoying than fun TBH. :(

I've just about reached the same point. If this is what our mobile future looks like, content designed to drive in app purchases, I'll be checking out for good. I love Pokemon, but would much rather buy a well made game than be manipulated into having my wallet slowly nickel-and-dimed.

Caught Yveltal on 1% :lol

I earned it, though, the fight beforehand I beat it with 11 seconds to spare (no items) and didn't get the capture. Mega Lucario is amazing in that fight with a couple of decent fighting types. I used Throh and Sawk, they're not even levelled up that much but I could still beat Yveltal almost every time.

I've just about reached the same point. If this is what our mobile future looks like, content designed to drive in app purchases, I'll be checking out for good. I love Pokemon, but would much rather buy a well made game than be manipulated into having my wallet slowly nickel-and-dimed.

I haven't had to spend a single penny yet and I've completed the game and also got 90,000 coins in the bank. It's true that I've had to spend some in-game currency, but not even remotely enough of it to come close to running out. In fact, I'm going to have to spend some soon because I'm going to hit the 99,990 cap otherwise.

Top Bottom