• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

The easiest way is to play the main stages until the game has given you 12 jewels or more for free. Then trade them for 48,000 coins
That seems to be a good strategy. I am not using my jewels for anything yet.
I've just about reached the same point. If this is what our mobile future looks like, content designed to drive in app purchases, I'll be checking out for good. I love Pokemon, but would much rather buy a well made game than be manipulated into having my wallet slowly nickel-and-dimed.
Pac-Man Monsters has the best timer ever. Got so much done with it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I decided I should use that free disruption delay on Mega Mewtwo and try and beat him for once. Got him on the last go. Good thing I bought the extra turns as well.

Not looking forward to having to try and S rank it as well.

Managed to catch all Pokémon on the main stages so far and up to Articuno on the EX stages.

Well I decided I should use that free disruption delay on Mega Mewtwo and try and beat him for once. Got him on the last go. Good thing I bought the extra turns as well.

Not looking forward to having to try and S rank it as well.

You'd have been better off waiting, to be honest. There's no point using items unless you plan to S-rank the stage because otherwise you just have to go back and use more items later - you should have just waited until you could afford to go all out the first time and use everything to S-rank it so you don't need to go back and do it again.

Kito

Mega Slowbro's only good for timed stages right? He's been the most useless Mega out of the others for main stages.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mega Slowbro is alright, but he's the type where you have to let a good amount of him be on the board before matching. Same for Mega Gengar.

SaintZ

I didn't have too much trouble with Onix. Finished him with 3 moves left and caught him! (only got a B rank though). I used Mega Lucario, Donphan, Bronzong and Klefki. Klefki and Bronzong's Rock Bash is incredibly helpful against his vertical disruptions. Then have Mega Lucario clean them up
Quoting to thank you for this strategy. I couldn't beat him during my first try (I was very close tho) but the second time went smoothly and I could catch him.

Froakie doesn't seem that hard but I always run out of moves. I can't manage to make a lot of combos :/

Chris1

Mega Slowbro is alright, but he's the type where you have to let a good amount of him be on the board before matching. Same for Mega Gengar.

Yep let him fill up the board, once you get your mega just focus on your other pokemon and let slowbro match whenever it happens but don't really aim for it. He's one of my favourite megas, Slowbro, Gengar & Ampharos do some good work for me.

Welp. I caught everyone, again, in normal stages.

Nothing much to do? Well, aside from waiting out for the rest of the daily stages...

S-rank everything, expert stages, level up a bunch of Pokémon so you're prepared for the harder stages that are bound to be on the way.

Just in case people haven't realised this, I'm almost 100% sure that there's a small quirk in the combo system which could have a decent effect on your score.

Basically, as far as I can tell, if you switch two Pokémon and make two matches at the same time, the one you moved with the stylus counts as the first in the chain, and the one that you switched with counts as the second in the chain - even though they actually move at the same time.

What this means is that if you're switching two Pokémon to make a match of three and a match of four, you need to be moving the Pokémon in the match of three so that the match of four counts second and you get more points for it than if you'd done it the other way round. Also, if you've got stronger Pokémon, you need to be moving the weaker Pokémon so that the stronger ones get a bigger boost by being second in the combo than the weaker one would.

This quirk also works in other areas. For example, if you've got two Pokémon with abilities, only the Pokémon you physically move will trigger, as far as I can tell. And if you've got a Pokémon evolved, it will trigger either before or after the other match you make at the same time depending on which of the Pokémon you are physically moving. This can have a pretty major effect in that sometimes you can be making two matches, but if you move the evolved Pokémon first it can cancel out the other match by making one of the parts of it disappear as part of its skill.

Anyway, that may or may not be helpful. It may not even be true, but I've played around a bit and I'm almost certain that it's the case.

Just in case people haven't realised this, I'm almost 100% sure that there's a small quirk in the combo system which could have a decent effect on your score.

Basically, as far as I can tell, if you switch two Pokémon and make two matches at the same time, the one you moved with the stylus counts as the first in the chain, and the one that you switched with counts as the second in the chain - even though they actually move at the same time.

What this means is that if you're switching two Pokémon to make a match of three and a match of four, you need to be moving the Pokémon in the match of three so that the match of four counts second and you get more points for it than if you'd done it the other way round. Also, if you've got stronger Pokémon, you need to be moving the weaker Pokémon so that the stronger ones get a bigger boost by being second in the combo than the weaker one would.

This quirk also works in other areas. For example, if you've got two Pokémon with abilities, only the Pokémon you physically move will trigger, as far as I can tell. And if you've got a Pokémon evolved, it will trigger either before or after the other match you make at the same time depending on which of the Pokémon you are physically moving. This can have a pretty major effect in that sometimes you can be making two matches, but if you move the evolved Pokémon first it can cancel out the other match by making one of the parts of it disappear as part of its skill.

Anyway, that may or may not be helpful. It may not even be true, but I've played around a bit and I'm almost certain that it's the case.

You actually nailed the mechanic. Ability activation depends on only the Pokémon that is being physically moved to begin a match.

In fact, for activation and matching order, the one that got dropped by the stylus always come first.

You actually nailed the mechanic. Ability activation depends on only the Pokémon that is being physically moved to begin a match.

In fact, for activation and matching order, the one that got dropped by the stylus always come first.

Yeah, I noticed it for Mega Skills right away, but I wasn't really sure how it affected abilities and points scoring and stuff. The more I played around though, the more it seems to make a pretty huge difference which Pokémon you physically move.

It seems insignificant, but it's worth making sure you're doing things the right way around - especially if you've been having trouble with a stage. If I'm right, it can be worth hundreds of points at the end of a 15 move stage. So yeah, there it is, just in case people hadn't noticed those little details!

Boogiepop

Hooray! A fortunate catch on Froakie just finished off my captures, so I now have all 185 Pokemon currently available! I'll keep up with the dailies and do the check-ins+weekend Meowth for coins, but I'm effectively done for now once again! (Not going to bother putting in the effort to get all the S-ranks on these new stages, especially as I suspect some would essentially need coins to be doable...)

Hooray! A fortunate catch on Froakie just finished off my captures, so I now have all 185 Pokemon currently available! I'll keep up with the dailies and do the check-ins+weekend Meowth for coins, but I'm effectively done for now once again! (Not going to bother putting in the effort to get all the S-ranks on these new stages, especially as I suspect some would essentially need coins to be doable...)

But what if there's another Pokémon after Mewtwo?

I really like those 15 second stages. They actually feel more doable than the longer ones because you only have to focus for a short amount of time, there's less time for you to mess up in.

Chris1

I really like those 15 second stages. They actually feel more doable than the longer ones because you only have to focus for a short amount of time, there's less time for you to mess up in.

Yea I prefer the 15 second ones too, they're the only ones I can really do consistently.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
PHEW, finally. Zoroark not only captured, but S-ranked as well. Distortion Delay seriously helps, plus leveling my team up.

MicH

PHEW, finally. Zoroark not only captured, but S-ranked as well. Distortion Delay seriously helps, plus leveling my team up.
I S-ranked Zoroark ages ago and I still can't catch it :( I've given up on it.

I did manage to catch Raikou though! That makes Sceptile, Swampert and Raikou today. Awesome! Gonna try Suicune next

I'm beginning to think that using Optimize for every stage is a bad idea
my levels are spread out... and low

Optimize just selects your most power types for the match. You have to take into consideration abilities and which Pokemon are worth leveling up. I caught Scyther before Scizor both have the same abilities but Scyther is stronger cause he was on my team longer but I don't see the point of leveling him up when Scizor will eventually have a Mega Stone. Same goes for your Mega Gauge filling Pokemon, Jolteon was at level 4 for me til Dedenne came around with a base power already at 60, Dedenne is at lvl 5 now but if someone new comes along with a base power of 70 he'll get kicked to the curb. But I'll have to manually do the kicking when I Optimize.

ZeroX03

Banned
Farfetch'd is live. Not sure if there's a solution to him or not, but once the Farfetch'd ahit the bottom I got a massive combo.

Which moves?

You should be able to make two T-shaped matches with your own support Pokémon in the first turn, and there should be another T-shaped match (5 rows tall, two columns to the left) for Farfetch'd in the second turn.

After the first few rows, though, the Pokémon are randomly generated. You might clear it in 2 turns if you end up stringing a super combo with these two moves.

S-rank clear is 5 moves remaining minimum. That will give you a coin toss, or slightly less, chance. Clearing with 8 remaining gives you about 75%.

Farfetch'd is live. Not sure if there's a solution to him or not, but once the Farfetch'd ahit the bottom I got a massive combo.
zlCfzTKJK6seMh9P9z

Can't you believe the 12000 score only netted me 3%? Game is so rigged!

I think only moves left matter when it comes to catch % and rank. Score is just an extra that seems to do nothing.
I think it depends on the Pokémon as well.
Sometimes moves means little others it is score.

Edit: I am talking out of my butt. Thought score contributed to the base catch %.

Robin64

I think it depends on the Pokémon as well.
Sometimes moves means little others it is score.

Each Pokémon has a base % catch, and then each move you have left over adds a set % to that too.

So an example Pokémon might have 5%, with each move left over giving 4% more. So finish with 5 moves left and you have a 25% catch chance.

Loptous

It's only the moves left, yes.

All captured (again) and 3 left to S-Rank
Amusingly enough, Milotic is probably the easiest one to S-Rank without coins amongst them. My best and luckiest try got me to 14 moves left, which means 1 turn short. : (

Each Pokémon has a base % catch, and then each move you have left over adds a set % to that too.

So an example Pokémon might have 5%, with each move left over giving 4% more. So finish with 5 moves left and you have a 25% catch chance.
Ah, gotcha.
So overall does score contribute to anything but ranked battles?

Top Bottom