• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Razmos

You should be able to make two T-shaped matches with your own support Pokémon in the first turn, and there should be another T-shaped match (5 rows tall, two columns to the left) for Farfetch'd in the second turn.

After the first few rows, though, the Pokémon are randomly generated. You might clear it in 2 turns if you end up stringing a super combo with these two moves.

S-rank clear is 5 moves remaining minimum. That will give you a coin toss, or slightly less, chance. Clearing with 8 remaining gives you about 75%.
I'm really not seeing how to do this, I see 2 T-shaped matches, but no way of getting them both in one turn. I tried it multiple times in different ways and could never make it work.

Robin64

I'm really not seeing how to do this, I see 2 T-shaped matches, but no way of getting them both in one turn. I tried it multiple times in different ways and could never make it work.

Your layout should be like this. Just switch 1 and 2.

TI3f5x0.png

giphy.gif

How did I not notice that? I blame the fact I just woke up.
yeah..

thanks! :p

I've been thinking about Pokémon Shuffle lately. A lot of stages, you can really get by with just spending a lot of time in a given panel layout... Although sometimes disruptions get in the way, most of the time there's probably a "one weird trick" to a level.

Yay, Farfetch'd! :)

Well so far, I've decided to go back and fill out my S Ranks/Dex instead of taking on MMawile (nope) - it's a steady process, but I can say that I haven't used a single gem yet, aside from the first one.

I tend to play in between Monster Hunter sessions - do a mission, save, spend a few minutes in Shuffle, go back to MH.

SalvaPot

Well, it finally happened, the game bored me. I´ll stick to catching the pokemon of the day and keep an eye on this thread for events,

Back to Codename STEAM; that games is AWesooooMEEEE

iphys

Well, it finally happened, the game bored me. I´ll stick to catching the pokemon of the day and keep an eye on this thread for events,

Back to Codename STEAM; that games is AWesooooMEEEE

What's sad is I've only played about 4 hours of that because of Shuffle taking up all my time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yveltal seems to have some sort of "extra hard" catch factor built in. Breaks out of the ball on one shake at basically any percent I've had him at.

Dreavus

Yay, Farfetch'd! :)

Well so far, I've decided to go back and fill out my S Ranks/Dex instead of taking on MMawile (nope) - it's a steady process, but I can say that I haven't used a single gem yet, aside from the first one.

I tend to play in between Monster Hunter sessions - do a mission, save, spend a few minutes in Shuffle, go back to MH.

I had planned to do something similar, but instead MH just took over completely. I was playing this game a bunch until just after it released.

BooJoh

Yveltal seems to have some sort of "extra hard" catch factor built in. Breaks out of the ball on one shake at basically any percent I've had him at.

I feel like certain Pokemon have lower catch rates regardless of what the Catchability % actually says (I'm looking at you Dedenne.)

Growlie19

Today was certainly productive. Ended up catching Froakie, Fennekin, Keldeo, Yveltal, and Dragonite! I think I'm gonna grind up coins and take Milotic on for the catch later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Need to catch 5 more Pokemon (not counting tomorrow's daily) & I'll have them all for the time being...though I question the point considering some of the ones I've captures never appear when I Optimize.

Any good tactics for beating EX stages Blaziken and Mewtwo consistently?
Hit the home button as soon as the game board is revealed, go to notes (yellow pencil) and plan your strategy. Works well with smoke levels, you can take the time to pick out who's hiding and where to place the best combos. Resume, make matches, then hit the home again. Maybe it's cheap but I went from beating Heatran with seconds left to 15 seconds left.

Junahu

Dammit Milotic's stage is ridiculous. Any tips on how to beat it?

You can bring Feebas, as doing so will usually set off matches in the frozen tiles as soon as the stage begins.
Other than that, it's all down to luck. Don't bother with items, they won't help you at all if you get an unlucky arrangement.

TrickRoom

Just in case people haven't realised this, I'm almost 100% sure that there's a small quirk in the combo system which could have a decent effect on your score.

Basically, as far as I can tell, if you switch two Pokémon and make two matches at the same time, the one you moved with the stylus counts as the first in the chain, and the one that you switched with counts as the second in the chain - even though they actually move at the same time.

What this means is that if you're switching two Pokémon to make a match of three and a match of four, you need to be moving the Pokémon in the match of three so that the match of four counts second and you get more points for it than if you'd done it the other way round. Also, if you've got stronger Pokémon, you need to be moving the weaker Pokémon so that the stronger ones get a bigger boost by being second in the combo than the weaker one would.

This quirk also works in other areas. For example, if you've got two Pokémon with abilities, only the Pokémon you physically move will trigger, as far as I can tell. And if you've got a Pokémon evolved, it will trigger either before or after the other match you make at the same time depending on which of the Pokémon you are physically moving. This can have a pretty major effect in that sometimes you can be making two matches, but if you move the evolved Pokémon first it can cancel out the other match by making one of the parts of it disappear as part of its skill.

Anyway, that may or may not be helpful. It may not even be true, but I've played around a bit and I'm almost certain that it's the case.

This is really helpful. I was under the impression the whole time that all pokemon abilities triggered at random.

Boba2007

Took me 7 tries to catch Druddigon at 61%, this pretty much sums up my luck so far. At least I'm done with Fennekin, who took at least 25 tries (three of those being +60% great balls) and Yamask who failed at a 92% great ball...

No way I'm going for S ranks right now, i'll do it later if there's a reason to.

Also glad the Lucarionite winners finally got gems, I didn't think it was going to happen.

random25

You can bring Feebas, as doing so will usually set off matches in the frozen tiles as soon as the stage begins.
Other than that, it's all down to luck. Don't bother with items, they won't help you at all if you get an unlucky arrangement.

Tried that one before but didn't work. Maybe I'll try this strategy again.

Tried that one before but didn't work. Maybe I'll try this strategy again.

It's how I beat it. It can go both ways because sometimes you'll lose loads of turns because Feebas can still make moves so the board doesn't reset, but you only get 15 points per match. Other times you'll start and Feebas will clear out half the top line of ice immediately, and once that's gone you can almost play it like a normal level until the disruptions start.

One thing I'm curious about on that level is the effect of complexity-1. Would it remove the Feebas which is a set feature of the level, or would it remove one of your support Pokémon?

Robin64

What good are password and ID?

Password lets you put in passwords to get things. The only one released so far is 20150007. ID is one of those things all F2P mobile type games have, used when contacting the game provider with problems usually.

What do you guys do to get a 4-match of coins on Meowth?

Put a team of not-super-effective Pokémon into the fight, and manipulate the coins around so that they're close together when the fourth one appears.

It's quite hard to do every single time because sometimes the board is against you, but it's pretty easy to do it most times.

Loptous

What do you guys do to get a 4-match of coins on Meowth?
I'm using a team of level 5-6 mons
3 of them are non-super-effective (normal damage). The other one is non mega Lucario.

Basically, you want to make the coin on the top of the board fall just above the one below.
After that, you want to move the bottom-left coin above them (but not directly above them). For that, you'll need to manipulate the tokens around the bottom left coin and try to have 2 identical ones above or right to it.

Once the 4th coin appear, you can match them all together.

At first I try to not make any matches with Lucario (or safe ones that won't result in combos and to clear them out of the board), but he can be useful at the end, if you want to deal a lot more damage and clear the stage, especially if you're aiming for 5 coins.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
All normal stage Pokemon caught. Now it's just Blaziken (ugh, always get so close to beating it), Heatran, Xerneas, & Mewtwo (which I also need to beat).

Top Bottom