• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

bjork

I'm up to Chandelure now, but most of the dudes have been escaping. I think I'll just try to unlock all the regular stages and then go back for captures/s-ranks.

I haven't even done any EX stuff yet.

BooJoh

Anyone feel like maybe paying up, like, a budget 3DS eShop title worth of money for jewels?

I would happily pay a budget eShop price for an infinite hearts unlock, but as much as I'd like to support the devs for making a fun game, I have no intention of supporting the pay model as-is because I'd prefer that they not make more games using this terrible exploitative pay model.

Slermy

I would happily pay a budget eShop price for an infinite hearts unlock, but as much as I'd like to support the devs for making a fun game, I have no intention of supporting the pay model as-is because I'd prefer that they not make more games using this terrible exploitative pay model.

Yeah, this is my thought as well.

I got the game for free, and have played for 30 hours without paying a penny or needing to. I feel so exploited.

Wish I could spend more time on some of the timed stages - I've gotten the general flow down and managed to catch a few (26-35%), but I've sometimes had to switch out my party for a 'weaker' one, because the party that is auto-selected for me tends to be the same color for certain opponents, making it harder for me to fast match.

Example: anyone weak to water. Blue everywhere ~_~

iphys

Yeah, as much as I like this game, I'd sooner support Nintendo by buying Pokemon Puzzle Challenge. I feel like the pricing on this game is just going to exploit people that don't really understand math/money, and I'd rather demonstrate to Nintendo that this type of pricing structure is a failure by being a part of the overwhelming majority of people that don't spend a $ on this game.

Same, not buying into the IAP mess. Wish they would give you an unlimited heart option and keep coins as jewels. With Tiny Tower and such, at least you could easily earn dollars compared to jewels.

BooJoh

I got the game for free, and have played for 30 hours without paying a penny or needing to. I feel so exploited.

I'm not exploited (and neither are you) because I haven't paid a dime. But these types of games thrive on people who want extended play sessions and are willing to pay $1 for a few minutes of play, especially those who are too naive to know better.

I paid $8 for Battle Trozei. I can play it whenever I want for as long as I want. If I paid $9 (the closest amount to Trozei's price when buying Jewels in bulk) for Shuffle I could get 80 Hearts, allowing me to play for about 6.6 hours (assuming a generous average of 5 minutes per Heart) before the game goes back to treating me like a non-paying customer. I consider that exploitative, and stating such doesn't mean that I myself have been exploited by it. But other people have.

OmegaX

I finally beat Mega Glalie, and without using items. That Lucarionite was really helpful. I doubt I'd have been able to beat it without it.

Spades

I don't see why you would ever spend money on this game outside of needing more coins for items and Great Balls.

If you're about to go onto a 3+ hour flight and really want to play Shuffle for a long period time, then I can understand using gems to pay for some hearts.

Boba2007

Uh, anyone know if the last round of daily pokemon is going to repeat next week? I missed one and the notification thing disappeared :\

Unlocked Mewtwo without S ranking all of the original stages. Apparently the new stages count toward that goal too. Might not help much now but could be useful information when we get more EX stages.

Robin64

Totally worth saving up to obliterate this fucker.

zlCfzTKsYL8kCS05QG

Neo Dark

So... Got to level 90 two days ago... Mega mawile... Sucks...

I literally googled strategies and the response is pretty much get Lucario and get lucky lol. I agree to those that say this stage feels like it wasn't play tested. Or maybe it is and they're just hoping you will buy jewels. Either way it sucks

llehuty

So... Got to level 90 two days ago... Mega mawile... Sucks...

I literally googled strategies and the response is pretty much get Lucario and get lucky lol. I agree to those that say this stage feels like it wasn't play tested. Or maybe it is and they're just hoping you will buy jewels. Either way it sucks

Lol, they are aware of what they were doing with that stage.
(In fact there are more of those unfair levels later on)
Don't be afraid of using objects if you get stuck at one point.

Qurupeke

Mega Mawile feels like a walk with Mega Lucario. lol

EX2 and EX3 felt surprisingly easy when I gave them a second go.

At least I now have normal Rotom and Lucario.

I remember trying them as soon as I unlocked them and barely finishing them on time. And now I finished the stages with more than half the time left.

bjork

I forget, but I think I eventually used an item to pass Mega Mawile. But I only did it a handful of times before I caved. I probably did Mega Glalie like 20x before I caved. It's worth using the items just to pass the stage and open the next batch, I think.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uuuggghhh, I simply can't catch Xerneas (raning from 1% to 11%) & Blaziken just ends in being so damn close, but I think I need to start using Distortion Delays. Then I still have to beat Mewtwo.

Mega Mawile feels like a walk with Mega Lucario. lol

I remember trying them as soon as I unlocked them and barely finishing them on time. And now I finished the stages with more than half the time left.

I think the competitive stage was a blessing in disguise. All the score beating also improved our EX skills.

Etria

I think the competitive stage was a blessing in disguise. All the score beating also improved our EX skills.

Agreed. Now I almost wish that the ordinary stages were timed as well =P

Well, having managed to beat Mega Mawile and Mega Glalie with no items, Mega Gengar is becoming a roadblock. His ice disruptions are so unfair =|

Razmos

It kinda surprised me that the "ice" blocks aren't really ice at all, they are called "Barrier" blocks, like the pokemon is using Protect. Which makes more sense than so many of the pokemon inexplicably summoning ice everywhere.

It kinda surprised me that the "ice" blocks aren't really ice at all, they are called "Barrier" blocks, like the pokemon is using Protect. Which makes more sense than so many of the pokemon inexplicably summoning ice everywhere.

Haha, I was getting really pissed off at Fennekin summoning three blocks of "ice" every bloody turn because it's a fire type, it made no sense.

It doesn't 'alf look like ice though.

Yeah it looks like ice, I was more referring to the sheer volume of posters in this thread calling it that. I think I saw one person other than me calling them "barriers" and every single other person, "ice." Made me wonder if we were the only people who read skill descriptions. :p

Etria

Yeah it looks like ice, I was more referring to the sheer volume of posters in this thread calling it that. I think I saw one person other than me calling them "barriers" and every single other person, "ice." Made me wonder if we were the only people who read skill descriptions. :p

D'oh, I assumed it was "ice" after all of those posters saying so.
Apparently I can't read :p

Razmos

Dedenne still refuses to be caught. I don't even want the damn thing.

EDIT: Of course I caught it after I posted on here.

Xenoboy

Well... I call it glass, I thought the game did so too.

Leonsito

Help please, today I got 10 streetpasses, but now everytime I enter into the streetpass encounter option the game freezes and crashes, then, an error says that the console has to reset itself... anyone has encountered the same problem? :(

Help please, today I got 10 streetpasses, but now everytime I enter into the streetpass encounter option the game freezes and crashes, then, an error says that the console has to reset itself... anyone has encountered the same problem? :(
Try disabling the Streetpasses for the game in the OS menu, loading the game, then reenabling them. You'll lose those 10, but you should be safe later on.

How did you guys tackle Mega Glalie? I'm really tempted to Mega Start with Mega Mawile, who seems effective but takes ages to get going with all the ice, err, I mean BARRIERS in the way.

Also, I could have sworn that Barrier'd pokemon were destroyed if you matched them. Am I remember wrong or did the barriers get stronger either in an update or in later stages?

Etria

How did you guys tackle Mega Glalie? I'm really tempted to Mega Start with Mega Mawile, who seems effective but takes ages to get going with all the ice, err, I mean BARRIERS in the way.

Also, I could have sworn that Barrier'd pokemon were destroyed if you matched them. Am I remember wrong or did the barriers get stronger either in an update or in later stages?

I went with a team consisting of Mega Lucario, Aurorus, Klefki, and Mienshao. They were all around level 3 or so when I beat Mega Glalie. You have to get lucky with your combos to beat Glalie without any items, but it is doable. Ultimately up to you if you want to spend coins on items :p

I used Mega Mawile for a number of attempts but couldn't get it to Mega Evolve in time for effective clearing of the barriers, so that was a no go. It just doesn't have enough attack power to fill the Mega gauge fast enough.

Top Bottom