• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY got Xerneas at about 30%. But still a damn pain to get Blaziken since I only manage 1% to 11%.

Finally beat Mega Glalie with 0 turns remaining using Mega Mawile. I had tried Mega Lucario awhile, but while he was able to mega-evolve a little faster, his power wasn't very useful for this stage. I basically got lucky and got enough combos to evolve Mawile by the 10th turn (with the help of an equally lucky "No moves remaining", which is a godsend against this guy).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
PHEW, got enough coins for Distortion Delay, got 21% on Blaziken, & captured him. Now all that's left is Mewtwo.

......so uh, how long until I should try & beat him? Go back & level my team up while earning coins? Right now, Gengar is almost at Lv. 5, Yveltal at Lv. 2, Scyther at Lv. 6, & Scizor at Lv. 3.

PSqueak

Banned
i just began playing this game today, is catching Keldeo something i should feel accomplished about? or is it one of those evil "carrots" placed there for me to feel rewarded and keep playing?

Dedenne still refuses to be caught. I don't even want the damn thing.

EDIT: Of course I caught it after I posted on here.
I need some of this GAF Magic.

Dear GAF Magic which lets users beat stuff right after posting about not beating stuff: I have tried 25 times trying to catch Grovyle at 0-7%. please let it end. My dearest hopes rest with you.

PS: Not wasting Great Balls or items since I'd miss it anywayz.

PPS: Not actually playing right after posting this. Need to sleep and probably beat SteamWorldDig tomorrow since I'm on a roll with beating 9 games so far this month.

Qurupeke

Okay, finally almost done with unlocking Mewtwo. Mega Lucario delayed me a lot but at least I've got some pretty good Pokemon out of it.

Just Onix and Milotic to catch in the main stages now, after I finally caught Froakie after what must have been fifty attempts.

Has anyone used a complexity-1 on Milotic?

*tries the 20th EX stage, ends up getting Mewtwo's HP to about 25% before running out of time every single time out of 9*

Anyone had luck with no items yet?

Chris1

I still can't catch Keldeo even with 70% catchability. BS.

I have incredibly good luck on the special stages... caught all of them on the first or second try, and haven't had much trouble beating any of them. If only that luck would carry on over to the main stages.

may I know which stage is that? I need to train up some levels

Stage 130 just after Zoroark (Stage 129) and before Mismagius (Stage 131). Ampharos has 50 total moves. So beating the stage gets you 50 EXP and 100 EXP to the crowned Pokemon.

If you haven't reached Stage 130, then you can do Buneary (Stage 21) who has 30 total moves.

Stage 130 just after Zoroark (Stage 129) and before Mismagius (Stage 131). Ampharos has 50 total moves. So beating the stage gets you 50 EXP and 100 EXP to the crowned Pokemon.

If you haven't reached Stage 130, then you can do Buneary (Stage 21) who has 30 total moves.

So EXP gains are based purely on total turns allotted for a given level, huh?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think it is based on moves made. & you'll still get some EXP even if you fail the stage. I failed Ampharos but still managed to level up one of my Pokemon.

Haha, managed to beat Ampharos in exactly 50 turns with the team that I plan to use on Mewtwo.

Yveltal didn't exactly level up twice in a row, but it sure got a lot of EXP.

Finally caught every Pokemon they've released so far. Said "fuck it" to Mewtwo (EX20) and just blitzed him with every item except EXP+, then used a Great Ball for a 92% catch rate. Three seconds short of an S rank.

Is that confirmed?

What if you beat a 50-move level in 30 moves? What if you fail?

yasoukyoku said:
Each level gives [Total Moves] EXP. All EX Stages give 10 EXP, regardless of the time limit.
Remaining Moves, Bonus Combo, Overkill and Type Matchups have no effect.

If you don't manage to defeat the Pokemon, you get [Total Moves] * [Percentage Damage Done]% EXP, for example 64% damage on Ampharos would get you 32 EXP (50*64%).
The crowned Pokemon in the results gets a 2x multiplier, receiving double the EXP. The crowned Pokemon is the one that's removed the most, including those which are removed by a Mega Evolved Pokemon's effects.

The amount of EXP a Pokemon needs to level up depends on its starting Attack Power.
Starting Attack 30 = 50 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 40 = 55 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 50 = 60 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 60 = 65 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 70 = 70 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 80 = 75 Base EXP. (Edit: misread)
Other values are not checked yet.

Each level is harder to reach than the last.
Lv.2: Base EXP * 1
Lv.3: Base EXP * 2 (total: 3x)
Lv.4: Base EXP * 3 (total: 6x)
Lv.5: Base EXP * 3 (total: 9x)
Lv.6: Base EXP * 9 (total: 18x)
Lv.7: Base EXP * 15 (total: 33x)
Lv.8: Base EXP * 18 (total: 51x)
Lv.9: Base EXP * 21 (total: 72x)
Lv.MAX: Base EXP * 24 (total: 96x)

In other words, going from Lv.1 to Lv.5 takes as long as going from Lv.5 to Lv.6.

So to max out a strong Pokémon, you'd need to beat Ampharos like 150 times... haha.

Cheers, that's good to know at least.

Has anyone found any reliable tricks for Onix? Are those black barriers actually possible to destroy in any way, apart from with Pokémon skills? I've beaten it a few times and S-ranked it with items, but I just can't do it reliably. Its disruptions kill me, as soon as the vertical columns appear my combos stop entirely, and they're there for ages. It's like ten dead turns over the course of the battle. I don't have any Pokémon which are super effective against it which can also slow its disruptions, so I'm using Pokémon which can remove a few blocks here and there but it's just not enough.

RiggyRob

So to max out a strong Pokémon, you'd need to beat Ampharos like 150 times... haha.

Cheers, that's good to know at least.

Has anyone found any reliable tricks for Onix? Are those black barriers actually possible to destroy in any way, apart from with Pokémon skills? I've beaten it a few times and S-ranked it with items, but I just can't do it reliably. Its disruptions kill me, as soon as the vertical columns appear my combos stop entirely, and they're there for ages. It's like ten dead turns over the course of the battle. I don't have any Pokémon which are super effective against it which can also slow its disruptions, so I'm using Pokémon which can remove a few blocks here and there but it's just not enough.

Use Pokemon with Delay Disruption skills or Block Bash skills, IIRC Bronzong and Klefki both have Block Bash and are supereffective against Onix - the other route you could go is using Lucario as the Mega Evolution and using Pokemon that fill up their mega gauge as fast as possible e.g. Pancham.

Keldeo works as well as a Pokemon with Stabilise/Stabilise+ (Blastoise/Milotic).

Use Pokemon with Delay Disruption skills or Block Bash skills, IIRC Bronzong and Klefki both have Block Bash and are supereffective against Onix - the other route you could go is using Lucario as the Mega Evolution and using Pokemon that fill up their mega gauge as fast as possible e.g. Pancham.

Keldeo works as well as a Pokemon with Stabilise/Stabilise+ (Blastoise/Milotic).

That's basically what I'm doing, using block bash. Like I say, I couldn't find anything with disruption delays. The problem with Lucario isn't getting it evolved (it actually evolves really quickly without any help) it's that its skill is totally useless when the vertical columns are in place, and that's the part of the fight where I really suffer. There are probably five or six turns every fight where my only option is to make one match of three, and you can't beat Onix that way.

hazukash

I just can't catch Gengar. Heck, most of the time, I can't even clear the stage so I don't get to throw a ball. I managed to catch Keldeo, but not this little bugger. Any suggestion that doesn't require using items?

RiggyRob

That's basically what I'm doing, using block bash. Like I say, I couldn't find anything with disruption delays. The problem with Lucario isn't getting it evolved (it actually evolves really quickly without any help) it's that its skill is totally useless when the vertical columns are in place, and that's the part of the fight where I really suffer. There are probably five or six turns every fight where my only option is to make one match of three, and you can't beat Onix that way.

The disruption delay skills are the ones that leave the enemy paralysed/asleep - Donphan and Hippopotas both have Quake which sometimes increases damage and leaves the enemy paralyzed, and Grovyle/Lilligant both have Sleep Charm which leaves the enemy asleep, but other than that yeah, there's no way to take out the vertical columns unless you use Block Bash/Stabilise/ a non supereffective Mega Evolution like Kangaskhan.

Loptous

Why not try Mega-Mawile instead?
While it's not as effective at clearing blocks, it at least won't be completely useless in either phases.

Can confirm there's some kind of glitch happening with Mega Mewtwo Y. I got the stone first and then caught Mewtwo, but if I search for Pokemon with a Mega Stone, he isn't listed in the results. Guess I'll save up to beat the trainer again.

Edit: Oh, he does Mega Evolve though. Weird.

BooJoh

Tried that, disabled Streetpass but the game still crashes everytime I go to the encounters section :(

Did you try going to the Shuffle page on the eShop, scrolling to the bottom, and clicking Repair Software? I've never used the feature but I assume this is the kind of thing it's there for.

They should make Mega Rayquaza super effective against everything and has the highest damage per match, giving you no reason to use anything else.

And instant activation.

Game breaker!

JoeM86

They should make Mega Rayquaza super effective against everything and has the highest damage per match, giving you no reason to use anything else.

And instant activation.

Game breaker!

Na, they'll probably do something like give it the same ability as Mega Slowbro. Equally as broken.

Fireblend

Banned
So, been playing this on and off during the last month. Everything caught so far except Yveltal, Mewtwo (gotta work on those S ranks) and the one that goes before Xerneas (Can't remember its name, I just can't catch it for some reason). I even got the Lucarionite, placed something like 16k.

I'm starting to think I should get Puzzles and Dragons when it comes out :p

So, been playing this on and off during the last month. Everything caught so far except Yveltal, Mewtwo (gotta work on those S ranks) and the one that goes before Xerneas (Can't remember its name, I just can't catch it for some reason). I even got the Lucarionite, placed something like 16k.

I'm starting to think I should get Puzzles and Dragons when it comes out :p

I actually tried P&D specifically because people were saying it's similar to Shuffle.

I find it a lot less interesting, honestly. Worse art, worse music, gameplay rules I like less. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Razmos

Surprised that people are saying Rayquaza is easy. It has Onix-levels of bullshit HP, and after around 10 turns its disruptions become just as obnoxious.

It's not even a fun level because I feel totally pressured to beat it in under 10 turns, but it's totally down to luck.

Top Bottom