• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Surprised that people are saying Rayquaza is easy. It has Onix-levels of bullshit HP, and after around 10 turns it's disruptions become just as obnoxious.

It's not even a fun level because I feel totally pressured to beat it in under 10 turns, but it's totally down to luck.

Well, he's easy if you've caught everything and use Mega Glalie. :p

Robin64

I've caught nearly everything, and I was using Mega Glalie. The only pokemon I haven't caught yet which might have been useful is Xerneas.

I don't have Xerneas, but I did still beat him with 20 moves left. Honestly nothing compared to the later main stage Pokemon.

(Went back to Froakie afterwards and still fail)

Robin64

Wonder how they'll do the MegaRay. It just needs a move in the games, right? Wonder if they'll just invent a Rayquazanite for this game.

JoeM86

Wonder how they'll do the MegaRay. It just needs a move in the games, right? Wonder if they'll just invent a Rayquazanite for this game.

Well it has an icon for a Mega Stone next to it.

To be fair, Rayquaza does have a Mega Stone in lore...the meteorite. It just ate it.

Orgen

I've been out of the loop regarding the Pokemon games lately but I was very surprised when I caught Rayquaza and saw that his power base is 70... but Dragonite is 80 :|

I thought Rayquaza was some legendary mega strong Pokemon (I think it was the final boss in Pokemon Link Battle right?) and now I see that Dragonite is stronger!

Anyway, this morning I caught Rayquaza and Moltres. I need to S Rank some Pokemon to unlock Mewtwo and catch some EX Pokemon.

Nice game btw and better than Battle Link IMO.

*is now thinking of how to make Mega Rayquaza so broken that you only need to bring it to any fight*

• Rayquaza may Mega Evolve on any slot
  • One match of three is enough to cause Mega Evolution
  • Upon Mega Evolution, any non-support Pokémon or least effective support Pokémon is replaced with it
  • Matching Mega Rayquaza causes Mega Rayquaza to replace the Pokémon above it
  • Mega Rayquaza behaves as if it's super-effective against everything
  • Mega Rayquaza behaves as if its base attack power is multiplied by 2
  • Mega Rayquaza cannot be disrupted, and will remove any barriers on itself upon Mega Evolution
  • After Mega Evolution, generated Pokémon tokens get biased towards Mega Rayquaza
  • Allow matches of two to clear Mega Rayquaza
  • So long as a valid Mega Rayquaza match can be made, you can't lose, even if you run out of turns or time

Any other broken ideas?

Razmos

Would anyone else be totally down for the ability to use an Ultra Ball for 5000 coins that triples your chances of capture?

I'd be down for that.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I actually tried P&D specifically because people were saying it's similar to Shuffle.

I find it a lot less interesting, honestly. Worse art, worse music, gameplay rules I like less. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Once you get the hang of it, PazuDora is easily the best match-3 ever created. The way you can clear an entire board with a single move is amazing.

BooJoh

I've been working on S-ranking stuff. I still have like 10 or so to go, and they're getting tougher. I hate when I need to use coins for S-ranks because I know I'll need them for future competitions.

I've been out of the loop regarding the Pokemon games lately but I was very surprised when I caught Rayquaza and saw that his power base is 70... but Dragonite is 80 :|

I thought Rayquaza was some legendary mega strong Pokemon (I think it was the final boss in Pokemon Link Battle right?) and now I see that Dragonite is stronger!
You can't top the OG dragon.

Junahu

*is now thinking of how to make Mega Rayquaza so broken that you only need to bring it to any fight*
Mega Effect: All disruptions become Rayquaza

Done.

Razmos said:
Would anyone else be totally down for the ability to use an Ultra Ball for 5000 coins that triples your chances of capture?
I'd honestly be down for a Master Ball that costs a gem and guarantees capture.

I'm kinda sad that they reset the S,A,B,C ranking levels for the Special stages with the Rayquaza download. I've already S-ranked/caught all the Main and EX levels, and for the Special stages I just had to S-rank Pachirisu and the perfectionist in me would have been satisfied.

But now Keldeo is once again staring at me with a blank slot next to his captured indicator pokeball...

(I know they don't matter for anything at all... but still...)

Robin64

But now Keldeo is once again staring at me with a blank slot next to his captured indicator pokeball...

(I know they don't matter for anything at all... but still...)

Someone on GameFAQs did mention that because Keldeo is reset, you get 200 coins from beating it again. Might be worth a shot.

Still need to catch Heatran and Milotic. It's been that way for what feels like weeks. Grrrr....
I caved in and bought 80 hearts.
I got:
  • Articuno
  • Zapdos
  • Venusaur
  • Blastoise
  • Charizard
  • Sceptile
  • Swampert
during my run.
Man is it hard to beat all 150 stages without paying anything or waiting two months.

I'd honestly be down for a Master Ball that costs a gem and guarantees capture.
Me too, I know about half of mine listed took more than 5 turns, which is the going rate for 1 jewel.

Leonsito

Did you try going to the Shuffle page on the eShop, scrolling to the bottom, and clicking Repair Software? I've never used the feature but I assume this is the kind of thing it's there for.

Just tried that too, the repair option said that anything was right with my app, I tried redownloading the app again and the same error...

I also can't find anyone with my problem too :\

Sinsem

Just tried that too, the repair option said that anything was right with my app, I tried redownloading the app again and the same error...

I also can't find anyone with my problem too :\

I have the exact same problem. I streetpassed 9 people saturday, and I already had encountered 2 the day before without any problem. Since then, the game crahses everytime I try the streetpass section.

Same, but I hear Rayquaza is easy with Mega Gladie and Articuno, so I am willing to try.

Yeah I beat it in nine turns with those guys and caught it first go. I didn't even see a single disruption beyond the single breakable barriers it puts out a few times. Had Xerneas too which helped.

The minimum amount of turns remaining for an S-rank seems to be 18 for the Rayquaza stage.

The EX Mewtwo stage seems to be kind of impossible without items.

Trying to pack in Yveltal and Zoroark in the same team is asking for trouble with matching errors due to similar colouration.

Replacing Zoroark with Milotic still doesn't manage to get the HP to 0.

Replacing Zoroark with Chandelure isn't terribly effect for whatever reason, either, perhaps due to the reduced damage output compared to Zoroark.

Maybe I should really consider Disruption Delay. All these barriers get in the way...

Qurupeke

We're getting Mega Rayquaza competition after this, aren't we?

Woo 23 turns left.

Also, some help with Togekiss? I've S'd it but I can't catch it. It's always 10% or 20%. Is there a trick to defeat it with fewer remaining turns or I'm just unlucky?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Got Rayquaza on second try. Thank god for that. Still stuck on godamn Mega Gengar

We're getting Mega Rayquaza competition after this, aren't we?

Woo 23 turns left.

Also, some help with Togekiss? I've S'd it but I can't catch it. It's always 10% or 20%. Is there a trick to defeat it with fewer remaining turns or I'm just unlucky?

Try to get the barriers removed as soon as possible - they block new Pokémon from falling.

Slermy

I still can not beat Keldo. :( This is infuriating. I've been using up at least five hearts a day on him since he appeared.

Robin64

Beat Pachirisu and Keldeo again, despite beating them last week, just to be sure.

200 coins from each of them, so well worth having another go.

Leonsito

I have the exact same problem. I streetpassed 9 people saturday, and I already had encountered 2 the day before without any problem. Since then, the game crahses everytime I try the streetpass section.

We are fucked then :(

The only solution I see is erasing the savegame, but no way in hell I will do that.

-Horizon-

I still can not beat Keldo. :( This is infuriating. I've been using up at least five hearts a day on him since he appeared.

I can beat him, I cannot catch him. Mega Ampharos and its ability is pretty good at taking out those disruptions. It just takes too long get it mega evolve.

Slermy

Hmmm, I'm still at Mega Glalie in the main stages, so maybe I'll try to grind out to grab Ampharos. Looks like he'd only be 10 stages away.

lewisgone

I'd be down for that.

Now I've beaten the game except for a few S-Ranks it's become clear that the only valuable thing you can buy is powerups, because without them certain stages are near impossible to S-Rank. You can catch anything that lands at around 5-10% after a while with some patience. And coins are very hard to accumulate.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
You have to S-Rank 150 stages. Luckily there is 175 total I think, so not every stage.

So you're telling me it doesn't have to be the original 150 inkl. Megas?

I wasted my week of Shuffling trying to S rank Mega Gengar when I just could have done freaking Chespin instead?

D:

I thought Mega Gengar was supposed to be bad. This thing is very helpful. Have enough of them and you can land a huge combo.

Who said that? It's excellent!

Someone here called it a free complexity-1, which it effectively is at times. It is pretty crap if you've only got a few on screen, though, I'll give 'em that.

Top Bottom