• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

adroit

I still can't beat haxorus because I don't know the trick to it.
I figured it out by manually recreating the stage in a text editor using a fixed-width font (I'm so high tech). That way I didn't have to waste hearts doing trial and error in the game. If you give up and want the answer, it's very simple to describe the moves you need to make. But I won't spoil it if you want to figure it out yourself.

-Horizon-

I figured it out by manually recreating the stage in a text editor using a fixed-width font (I'm so high tech). That way I didn't have to waste hearts doing trial and error in the game. If you give up and want the answer, it's very simple to describe the moves you need to make. But I won't spoil it if you want to figure it out yourself.

If I can't figure it out by the end of the day today, I'll come back tomorrow to this thread to ask :)

Got sick of Onix so I just used a great ball to get it out of the damn way. I still haven't figured out a reliable strategy for beating that level.

I don't understand the black barriers. Onix uses them at different times so there must be something I'm doing which is affecting how quickly they disappear and how quickly Onix brings them back, but I have no idea what it is.

Moved onto Blastoise and man, that's an easy EX level! 90 seconds to do it in, and I beat it in 40.

-Horizon-

There is a video on youtube showing how to do it, I used that, but once I saw how it was done, it made sense.

Probably would have taken me quite a while to figure it out by myself.

I'm gonna feel dumb when someone tells me what do for this aren't it? :[

lewisgone

Can't figure out how to beat Froakie at all, just simply can't do enough damage or enough matches.

While trying to catch it, I ended up being able to consistently beat it with a team of Ampharos, Dedenne, Joteon and Pachirisu, designed around mega-evolving quickly. Don't focus on the blocks in the center, it wastes 2 turns.

While trying to catch it, I ended up being able to consistently beat it with a team of Ampharos, Dedenne, Joteon and Pachirisu, designed around mega-evolving quickly. Don't focus on the blocks in the center, it wastes 2 turns.

I actually found it a lot easier to beat the level if you could get rid of those blocks. Either with Ampharos' skill, or by matching them as part of a combo so you don't waste a whole turn.

They block eight squares of the map if you leave them there, and because you've only got two full columns either side it's really hard to build combos.

Razmos

Ah, good idea. I'll try that. I tried it with just Dedenne, but it triggered mega boost like once or twice in about 3 attempts.

I don't understand the black barriers. Onix uses them at different times so there must be something I'm doing which is affecting how quickly they disappear and how quickly Onix brings them back, but I have no idea what it is.
At least attempting to get Gengar, I find they have two disruptions. The big one tends to happen if you clear 80% of the barriers.
Black barriers disappear when you match 5 times ... I think.

I had missed the daily Pokemon from last week and after four attempts, finally captured it today. Darn ice blocks were tricky and then I finally tried getting rid of the top ones made it much easier!

At least attempting to get Gengar, I find they have two disruptions. The big one tends to happen if you clear 80% of the barriers.
Black barriers disappear when you match 5 times ... I think.
I wasnt sure if it was time based or match based. I havent really tested it though, either.

lewisgone

I actually found it a lot easier to beat the level if you could get rid of those blocks. Either with Ampharos' skill, or by matching them as part of a combo so you don't waste a whole turn.

They block eight squares of the map if you leave them there, and because you've only got two full columns either side it's really hard to build combos.

That's what I was trying to do, but I found I got more consistent wins if I rushed Mega Ampharos and got lucky with its lightning. If you match the Froakie blocks and they don't turn into combos, you only have 3 or 4 turns left.

It cost me a great ball, but I managed to catch Keldeo. Ampharos's lightning can be REALLY useful if you're lucky. Not sure how often I'll use it because luck based moves don't strike me as cool too often, but it's probably better than most of the other "board agitating" moves I sometimes use for getting dank combos, like Sableye or even Mawile. The randomness means that it always has the potential to be useful, whereas something like Sableye may be useless depending on how the disruptions are placed.

hirokazu

Can't figure out how to beat Froakie at all, just simply can't do enough damage or enough matches.

I would:

- Level up the Pokémon you intend to use and
- Clear the ice blocks as soon as it creates another Froakie (try to make other matches while doing so)

That gives you much more room for more of the playing field to be refreshed when you do matches and increase combo potential.

That's what I was trying to do, but I found I got more consistent wins if I rushed Mega Ampharos and got lucky with its lightning. If you match the Froakie blocks and they don't turn into combos, you only have 3 or 4 turns left.

I find those 3 or 4 turns are usually (though not always) enough to clear the stage with the combos that result. But yeah, probably best strategy is try rushing for Mega Ampharos to clear the ice but resorting to clearing the ice with Froakie if it doesn't work. Then you have Mega Ampharos to help with combos.

I'm gonna feel dumb when someone tells me what do for this aren't it? :[

Haxorus: I wasted five hearts on that stage before saying "Screw this, not wasting more." and watching the solution on YouTube.

Same here. I even went for a mega start and +5 on one, and not even close.

Keldeo: On my old 3DS, when Keldeo first became available I could only bring it down to about halfway. Now a week later, I can get it to within a sliver. Gonna play some more Main Stages and I should be able to beat it within the week. The best thing to do really is to level up before trying again and wasting coins.

Razmos

It looks to me like Smeargle (level 155 I believe) is a set puzzle like Haxorus is, or at least that is what it looked like. Everything looked set up in a certain way.

bjork

I found it easy to beat him with +5 turns and disruption delay.

Fought him 3 times, beat him everytime, caught him at the 3rd attempt.

La dee da etc :p

I'm sure my guys are not leveled enough, gonna keep plugging away until it expires. If I don't get him, the world won't end.

At Stage 78 now. Espeon foiled me a couple times so I went back to get Sableye.

Highest combo I've gotten so far is 38 but it was a bonus after getting the KO so it didn't reduce the number of moves I needed.

I wouldn't mind an infinite hearts option but it would be too short otherwise IMO. Playing once in the morning and twice in the evening seems to be enough for me.

Well making progress in the 130+ stages.
I will say **** Gengar, he is a jerk. Just got to get Ampharos now.
Also sucks the lack of Ground Pokémon at this point.

I barely managed to beat mega Gengar with 0 turns remaining. Someone had mentioned the tip that using Haunter in your team is a good idea thanks to all of the monsters that he turns into Haunter. This definitely was a major help. I still haven't taken the time to actually use mega Gengar in battle though. I just got to Togekiss so I'm very close to finishing the original 150 stages.

I've been stuck at Onix for days.

I genuinely feel like that stage is an accident. Like it's not intentionally meant to be that hard, they just got the disruption rate set wrong, or the HP level or something. I have a team of Pokémon at level 6 all with 70-80ATK and I can still only beat it one in twenty times or something

I know it's meant to be hard, but this feels wrong somehow like I say, like it's a mistake. I'd understand if it was a mega-stage but it's not, just a random stage for a Pokémon which turns out to not even be that good.

I know it's meant to be hard, but this feels wrong somehow like I say, like it's a mistake. I'd understand if it was a mega-stage but it's not, just a random stage for a Pokémon which turns out to not even be that good.
The difficulty curve is all over the place. Like Gengar is harder than the Ghost Pokémon after him.
Even with Special Events, Rayquaza is way easier than Keldeo.
Currently at #133. Stupid Steel Pokémon...

Finally finished off Mega Glalie last night. He was a real sonofabitch. Ended up using a gem to extend my turns by 5 to get the job done. Worth it IMO.

Qurupeke

Milotic isn't as hard as I expected. I've still to defeat it after about 5 tries and using Feebas, but still I was expecting worse. :p

Ryfferr

Finally finished Milotic just now, took over 10 tries normally (+Feebas)

Decided I wasted enough hearts on it and used Mega start on Ampharos.

Now all I need to do is S-rank everyone and catch the Pokemon from the Expert levels.

S ranked nearly all teh regular stages again. Need more coins for onix, but I'll get tehre.

There's no point in S ranking the EX stages, right? I've gotten about 14 of those S ranked, but don't want to spend coins on the more difficult ones if I don't get anything for it.

There's no point in S ranking the EX stages, right? I've gotten about 14 of those S ranked, but don't want to spend coins on the more difficult ones if I don't get anything for it.
Nope, just bragging rights. Even S-Ranking all main stages is pointless if you got Mewtwo unlocked.
I assume they may add more EX Stages in the future though.

BooJoh

I'm starting to slow down now that I've unlocked the Mewtwo EX stage. I can't even get close to beating him though. I can beat Yveltal about 30% of the time but no luck catching him yet.

Robin64

No longer spending all my 5 hearts in a session. Sometimes 2 or just 1 is enough. Having hit the wall that is the new stages, my desire to play constantly is dwindling. Especially when half that time is dedicated to coin grinding.

Of the 15 EX stages I've unlocked, only Moltres and Blaziken remain undefeated. I need a water mega.
If you review the Pokémon list, Swampert has a Mega Stone slot. Makes sense those three will get a stone, but I wish it would be soon.

No longer spending all my 5 hearts in a session. Sometimes 2 or just 1 is enough. Having hit the wall that is the new stages, my desire to play constantly is dwindling. Especially when half that time is dedicated to coin grinding.
I hit a wall with Gengar. Cannot do anything with Mega Sableye, Gengar, Zarorak, and Haunter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*plays a quick match against Mewtwo before class*

*Catches him at 4%*

WELP, I CAUGHT THEM ALL. So when's the next update?

Top Bottom