• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Blaziken's not that hard with the right team, really. It doesn't have much HP.

It just feels difficult because of the disruptions, but you can work around them and still beat it.

Phoenixus

Anyone else tried the Home screen trick with the expert levels? Keep tapping the home button to freeze and unfreeze the screen momentarily; so much easier to keep track of what you're doing and build chains.

JoeM86

I do wonder what we'll get tomorrow to replace Keldeo. Will we get more stages? Will we just get Groudon? Will we get a Mega Rayquaza event?

A system transfer deletes all jewels!

That may be common knowledge in here but thought I would mention it in case it is not. Fortunately I saw this in the instruction manual prior to doing my system transfer. I currently have 14 jewels and 53K of coins so I guess I'll just have to convert my jewels to coins and start buying items :/. A shame really as I've been happily grinding away without using a single item so far. Oh well, it's a free game that's given me 60 hours [:eek: I had no idea it was that much!] of enjoyable play so far so it would be churlish to complain.

Robin64

Still stuck on Larvesta. Even used coins for a Mega Start and Disruption Delay this morning and still didn't quite get it. Annoying.

I keep thinking I'm going to get lucky and get a huge combo on Mega Gengar, but it just isn't happening! I got him down to about 1/4 HP once, but usually only get him down to about 1/2.

I still don't even have regular Gengar caught, so I'm going to have to go back and get him afterwards. I used a Great Ball to get the catch rate to over 80% and he got away. After that, I just moved on.

CassSept

Oh Jesus Christ I started playing this from time to time a couple of days ago, just reached level 21, the first of Night Festival and I'm having some really bad Rhythm Heaven flashbacks. I don't think I ever passed the second bon odori stage and I have the song imprinted into my mind and now it comes back after several years to haunt me.

Oh Jesus Christ I started playing this from time to time a couple of days ago, just reached level 21, the first of Night Festival and I'm having some really bad Rhythm Heaven flashbacks. I don't think I ever passed the second bon odori stage and I have the song imprinted into my mind and now it comes back after several years to haunt me.

I have to play this game with the sound turned down because the music got in my head so badly I wanted to stab myself in the brain. It wasn't healthy.

Chris1

I do wonder what we'll get tomorrow to replace Keldeo. Will we get more stages? Will we just get Groudon? Will we get a Mega Rayquaza event?

They'll probably wait until rayquaza event is done before releasing the Mega event so that everyone has it by then... I can't see them doing the mega event, which will probably another one of those get top 20k score ones before then.

LOLDSFAN

Blaziken's not that hard with the right team, really. It doesn't have much HP.

It just feels difficult because of the disruptions, but you can work around them and still beat it.

You keep saying that but man.... I don't know. 30 seconds isn't much time for anything.

Fireblend

Banned
Is 188 the most pokemon one can have right now? Just finally caught Mewtwo and I don't think I'm missing any...

zlCfzTNf0xooqQcCRs

You keep saying that but man.... I don't know. 30 seconds isn't much time for anything.

You don't really have to do much so it's okay! Take four super-effective Pokémon (leave your Mega at home) and just try and keep a combo going as much as you can, be planning your next match while you're making the match you're on. Blaziken will go down.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is 188 the most pokemon one can have right now? Just finally caught Mewtwo and I don't think I'm missing any...

zlCfzTNf0xooqQcCRs
Pretty sure, yes. You've got the same amount as me.

165 main Pokemon + 20 EX Pokemon + the Special Pokemon. For some reason, for stages cleared, it doesn't count the Special stages, but it'll count towards Pokemon caught.

I'll say I've also had a lot of issues with Blaziken. I could manage the 15 second missions, but Blaziken has yet to be beaten even once.

Chris1

Stuck on him, Pokémon X/Y Legendaries, and Mega Mewtwo Y.

Yep I'm also stuck on blaziken, xerneas, yveltal and haven't unlocked mewtwo yet but I'll probably be stuck on him too. Yveltal is easier to beat but xerneas is literally impossible for me, the only time I beat him was with a complexity -1 and even then I barely beat him. Blaziken I can beat every now and then but it's not really worth wasting hearts on it when I won't beat him 9 of 10 times.

Can beat heatran a lot, just haven't been able to capture him either so i've gave up... I'm basically done attempting to capture any of the expert stage pokemon now, just gonna give it a try in a few weeks when my pokemon are higher level or I get better pokemon if new stages come out.

Finally got Chespin at 11%.

Now down to just Froakie and Milotec, plus those two X & Y fuckers.

I think I'm just going to grind for a while. I changed the 12 games for 43k coins, but I'll wait until the next competition starts AND ends before I start using them to get ahead.

hazukash

I gave in and used a mega start on Mega Ampharos... killed it in 5 turns.

I really don't want to use items on Mega Glalie and Mega Gengar... I don't have many coins to waste.

Fireblend

Banned
Pretty sure, yes. You've got the same amount as me.

165 main Pokemon + 20 EX Pokemon + the Special Pokemon. For some reason, for stages cleared, it doesn't count the Special stages, but it'll count towards Pokemon caught.

Awesome, thanks! I was fearing I might have missed one of the event ones :p

Pretty happy about getting all of em finally (until the next dailies batch I guess), and not one cent spent on the game.

BooJoh

End game is stupid about needing items to do anything. So frustrated getting 80 hearts and no progress.

Another reason I'm in favor of spending Jewels on Coins over Hearts. Coins will let you get the best of the Hearts you have. Hearts refill quickly enough to play for a bit every couple hours and buying them makes you stop getting any free ones until you spend your way back down to 4. And on tough stages it just results in being able to throw yourself repeatedly at a stage in futility if you don't have enough Coins.

Was it always 10K for other regions or is it lower this time because it was harder to place for Lucario in NA than elsewhere (NA is still 20K). If so, they went the wrong direction :(

Also, Jewel "instead" as opposed to simply for participating. Pretty lame that they're trying to squeeze every tiny bit out of you.

JoeM86

Was it always 10K for other regions or is it lower this time because it was harder to place for Lucario in NA than elsewhere (NA is still 20K). If so, they went the wrong direction :(

Europe has lower because of proportions I guess. Only ~100,000 people in Europe participated in the Lucario one

adroit

Welp, looks like the only reason we eventually got the jewel was because of a translation error. This time they've carefully worded it to make it clear you either get the stone or the jewel. "If you don't place, you'll get a jewel INSTEAD." (caps mine)

Stone me if I'm reading this wrong.

Edit: beaten like a bongo

JoeM86

So

20,000 North America
10,000 Europe
50,000 Japan.

Guess they really did rejig it it all after seeing global entries to the Lucario one

Well, hopefully I'll have an easier time ranking this time. I started playing the week of the Lucario event and it took all the items just for me to place 13K in North America.

Vena

So

20,000 North America
10,000 Europe
50,000 Japan.

Guess they really did rejig it it all after seeing global entries to the Lucario one

Seeing numbers like that makes me think this has been a pretty successful F2P game for Nintendo, lol.

Question. Since I started late, are the special events that I missed gone forever?

JoeM86

Seeing numbers like that makes me think this has been a pretty successful F2P game for Nintendo, lol.

Question. Since I started late, are the special events that I missed gone forever?

They'll probably be redone down the line.

Which is nice for me, means there's always something to update my site with every couple of Mondays :p

I'm kind of torn as to what I want to level up this week before dropping coins on items at the end of the competition. I'm leaning towards Raichu/Liligant because I really like para/sleep and at their current levels, are as strong as my Zapdos/Raikou Power of 4/5. At max level, I'm probably better off with the legendaries, but am I really going to be max level by then?

Top Bottom