• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

JoeM86

Mega Blastoise's ability is a bit of a doozey
a522a6005d1cb428ea34ef1769cd7452.png

Same as Mega Altaria's

Boba2007

Practiced Mega Blastoise a couple times and went for it with powerups. 24th place now with 22379 points, should be enough to guarantee a Blastoisinite if Mega Lucario was any indication.

Also it sounds like the winners aren't going to get a Jewel this time :(

"If you don't place, you will receive a Jewel instead!"

Elija2

Luckily I've got the best Pokemon to go against Mega Blastoise so this competition shouldn't be a problem for me. Already in the top 2,000.

Qurupeke

... First Water Mega and they cut the winners in Europe.... :(

Edit: I guess it's still too early as I landed at the 300 first. lol

Currently in the 1800s in NA without using items. I need to find a team that's easier to distinguish; the electric and grass-type Pokemon are terrible for all being the same colour.

JoeM86

Currently in the 1800s in NA without using items. I need to find a team that's easier to distinguish; the electric and grass-type Pokemon are terrible for all being the same colour.

Yeah, my issue is having a very high levelled Grovyle as well as Sceptile, which caused a couple of issues for me.

RiggyRob

Currently 979/17768, but I've got enough coins for the Complexity -1 and Disruption Delay so I shouldn't have any trouble getting the Blastoisinite after I attempt it again on Sunday.

JoeM86

Yikes, my initial score was almost pushed out of the 50,000 in Japan already. Spend some coins and got back up to the top 4000 but I don't have faith that I'll stay there by Sunday. Eek.

Spades

I need to get better at the timed stages in general. I've not really played any of the EX stages so I'm finding it difficult adapting to working against the clock.

eRonin

I need to get better at the timed stages in general. I've not really played any of the EX stages so I'm finding it difficult adapting to working against the clock.

The idea is to not stop ever. You can keep matching even as new Pokemon are falling in. You could even just match aimlessly and get lucky when a Pokemon falls in place to complete a match.

Had a few runs at the new competition. Sitting at 1592 in North America at the moment without using any power-ups. I'm feeling not too bad about that. I sure do like the competitions. Keep 'em coming, Nintendo!

Razmos

Used items straight away to get it over and done with. Score: 18978, ranked 170 in Europe.
All my super effective pokemon are like, level 1 though. So I might use the rest of the week to level them up and then try again near the end.

Hopefully Mega Blastoise can help me beat Larvesta.

A bit annoying that the only fighting and water mega evolutions (both very useful types) have only been available from battle competitions so far.

mega bummed :(
spent One Jewel (for 5 turns) and One Mega Start to defeat Mega Ampharous :/
man I'm awful at this
Do not feel bad.
Had to cave in and use items at Gengar.
Mehe Mewtwo Y went down after Disruption Delay, Mega Start, and +5 turns (just in case). Only got A rank though...
Hope the game likes the $15 I spent. Coin rewards are BS.
And on tough stages it just results in being able to throw yourself repeatedly at a stage in futility if you don't have enough Coins.
Well on Normal stages yes, but in the context of EX stages you should be able to beat Xerneas without items. That is my problem.

Growlie19

Did my first attempt at Mega Blastoise. Got 12762 points and placed 1887th. Probably won't last, but that's what items are for.

Did my first attempt at Mega Blastoise. Got 12762 points and placed 1887th. Probably won't last, but that's what items are for.
Best thing to do is to not spend any coins until the last hour or so.
That way you know your place is pretty much not going to change.
Just level up your team against some water types until then.

Boogiepop

Got a score of just under 14000 for now, going to sit on it for a bit this time around. I did a ton of grinding for Lucario and overkilled it by a ton since I was worried about items, so for now I'm just going to be hands off till I slip under the half-way mark at least. Plus I have an excess stash of coins for if need be. But man, screw them for doing this again, especially so soon.

Qurupeke

Already moving past 2000s with my initial score. Ugh... It doesn't really help that my team can't complete the Ampharos stage for exp...

Qurupeke

I am honestly not a fan of locking the stones behind competition. I think you should be able to buy the stones in the shop.

This would be worse. :p I haven't and I don't plan to buy anything for this game. When they lock content behind a paywall I give up with the game.

Also, I'm pretty sure that sooner or later they'll make those stones available to everyone or at leas there will be repeats to these competitions.

Meier

Do not feel bad.
Had to cave in and use items at Gengar.
Mehe Mewtwo Y went down after Disruption Delay, Mega Start, and +5 turns (just in case). Only got A rank though...
I did this and managed to beat him on my last move. C. Phew.

Onix is kicking my ass though...only tried once but got him to like 65%. Yuck. Saw Mega Blastoise and got excited about a water Mega. Sucks it's competition based.

This would be worse. :p I haven't and I don't plan to buy anything for this game. When they lock content behind a paywall I give up with the game.

Also, I'm pretty sure that sooner or later they'll make those stones available to everyone or at leas there will be repeats to these competitions.
That is what I was thinking.
Let people compete for a free stone, then put it up on the shop for 2 jewels for everyone else. At least it would be cheaper than buying items for the competition.

Did not mean no competition, just not a competition as the only way to get the stones.

Edit: Just got to Onix, what the hell? After two items, a Great Ball, and 1 jewel he is caught. Never going to S-Rank that.

Edit 2: Froakie will be my Mega Blastoise training ground it seems.

Bladelaw

If I have recently started the game (4 days ago) do I have a reasonable shot at getting Blastoisinite? I ran through this morning and got 9000/18000. I expect my number to drop quite a bit.

I did manage a miracle Keldeo capture so anything is possible I guess.

hazukash

670th in NA. No items. Mega Ampharos. I don't feel worried about losing the mega stone as I only dropped from 11k to 14k on the last day when everyone was rushing to best themselves.

Chris1

ugh top 10k?

got a score of 14k currently sitting at 4kish ranking.. just gonna spend a few days training up for now.

is the mega ampharos the best stage to train up electric pokemon? barely did any damage to him due to my pokemon not being effective

Edit: They really are lazy with these mega abilities aren't they? there's so many things they can do, instead they just copy ones already in the game through other mega pokemon.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I have a feeling those who weren't good enough to get the Lucarionite will turn this event into a Cheesing Festival with items.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
12,751 first attempt, ranked 2,715. Top score at the moment is 41,632 & it seems the top team (which is what I also used) is Mega Ampharos, Zapdos, Sceptile, & Raikou.

Close to 6,000 coins, so maybe I'll get lucky & afford a complexity -1 before it ends.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
14,274 on 3rd attempt. Bumped myself up to 1,251.

Probably should level my team up considering Ampharos is Lv. 5, Zapdos is Lv 2., Sceptile is Lv. 4, & Raikou is almost at Lv 3.

I hope they eventually at least run the competitions again or at least give out some other way. There's no way to have gotten mega lucario if you had just started the game...I got shut out myself for not having Xerneas. So hopefully there'll be later alternatives.

Smeargle can be caught in one move. Move Smeargle with Pokémon ____ so you can make a vertical Smeargle match. Bam, 98% chance with no effort and free S-Rank.

Bladelaw

Man, I really wish this was a boxed game. The F2P stuff really puts a damper on the experience. It's a really fun game when you can play it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What's a good level to get experience for Pokemon for the Blastoisite event?
Lv. 130 (Ampharos) tends to be the best level since you have 50 moves. I don't know if the team would earn as much EXP since most are Electric type & wouldn't be effective against Ampharos, though I've noticed my team is still gaining some experience (Zapdos went from lv. 2 to 4 in about 2 or 3 matches, Sceptile is almost lv. 5, & Raikou is halfway to lv. 4).

Stage 21 allows 30 moves & is a Normal type, though you won't earn as much compared to Ampharos.

Junahu

SenorArdilla mentioned it earlier, but Buneary (Stage 21) is the best exp stage for pokemon who cannot do Ampharos (Stage 130).
Exp appears to be based on the number of turns a stage has.

Edit: yeah, what Zonic said.

Exp appears to be based on the number of turns a stage has.
Really?
I was hoping it would be based on number of matches you made with a Pokémon.

How is EXP done in expert stages, time length?
Then Rayquaza would have been a nice spot since 3 minutes.

This was posted earlier in the thread re: levelling.

yasoukyoku said:
Each level gives [Total Moves] EXP. All EX Stages give 10 EXP, regardless of the time limit.
Remaining Moves, Bonus Combo, Overkill and Type Matchups have no effect.

If you don't manage to defeat the Pokemon, you get [Total Moves] * [Percentage Damage Done]% EXP, for example 64% damage on Ampharos would get you 32 EXP (50*64%).
The crowned Pokemon in the results gets a 2x multiplier, receiving double the EXP. The crowned Pokemon is the one that's removed the most, including those which are removed by a Mega Evolved Pokemon's effects.

The amount of EXP a Pokemon needs to level up depends on its starting Attack Power.
Starting Attack 30 = 50 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 40 = 55 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 50 = 60 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 60 = 65 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 70 = 70 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 80 = 75 Base EXP. (Edit: misread)
Other values are not checked yet.

Each level is harder to reach than the last.
Lv.2: Base EXP * 1
Lv.3: Base EXP * 2 (total: 3x)
Lv.4: Base EXP * 3 (total: 6x)
Lv.5: Base EXP * 3 (total: 9x)
Lv.6: Base EXP * 9 (total: 18x)
Lv.7: Base EXP * 15 (total: 33x)
Lv.8: Base EXP * 18 (total: 51x)
Lv.9: Base EXP * 21 (total: 72x)
Lv.MAX: Base EXP * 24 (total: 96x)

In other words, going from Lv.1 to Lv.5 takes as long as going from Lv.5 to Lv.6

Top Bottom