• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Glad a competition happened. Mega Mewtwo Y is getting on my nerves. I'll focus on getting Mega Blastoise and then drop some coins on Mewtwo Y.

One thing that sucks is that grinding on Ampharos will be harder, since Electric has a type disadvantage on it. Any smart alternatives? I think Buneary might be the best alternative grinding spot.

hazukash

Used all my coins on a Complexity -1 for Mega Gengar.

Only A-ranked it. :( Back to grinding mindlessly for coins... or I could just exchange my 6 jewels for coins. What do you guys think?

I'm also of the school that thinks coins are a smarter choice for jewels than hearts. So that seems wise for me. Only issue is if you planned to save up for a more efficient purchase.

Razmos

Trying to S rank Marshtomp is torture. The way it disrupts makes getting combos nearly impossible.

After around 10+ tries I finally caved and used a disruption delay only to get incredibly unlucky with my moves and finish with the exact same amount of moves as I do normally.

Chris1

Yeah I think stage 21 is better for training for mega blastoise, I can only get mega ampharos to about half way (which is 25 moves worth of xp, while stage 21 i'll get the full 30 moves) then on top of that, i don't get the crown double xp on mega ampharos either.

Thanks to the guy who pointed that stage out.

Does Sceptile's Vitality Drain still activate on this stage? I'm wondering if swapping Sceptile with a Mega Boosting pokemon with a little less power makes strategic sense.

Loptous

For what it's worth, I don't find Ampharos too difficult with a team of electric + Sceptile.
Managed to beat it while they were at level 3 and they're level 5-6 now

Sometimes, I still fail, but I'm never over 10% of HP left, which still nets me better exp. than if I grinded against another mon.

bjork

I need to catch 7 more dudes and beat Mega Mewtwo to finish the initial 150. Flareon and Togekiss are giving me trouble in particular, but I'll get them yet.

Used all my coins on a Complexity -1 for Mega Gengar.

Only A-ranked it. :( Back to grinding mindlessly for coins... or I could just exchange my 6 jewels for coins. What do you guys think?

Trying to S rank Marshtomp is torture. The way it disrupts makes getting combos nearly impossible.

After around 10+ tries I finally caved and used a disruption delay only to get incredibly unlucky with my moves and finish with the exact same amount of moves as I do normally.

If you need help to S rank a stage, your first choice should always be a moves+5.

Since (As far as I am aware) S rank depends solely on the number of moves you have left, moves+5 is probably the biggest advantage you can get, and you shouldn't buy anything else withou tit, seeing as it's also the cheapest item.

goldenpp72

If you need help to S rank a stage, your first choice should always be a moves+5.

Since (As far as I am aware) S rank depends solely on the number of moves you have left, moves+5 is probably the biggest advantage you can get, and you shouldn't buy anything else withou tit, seeing as it's also the cheapest item.

Don't the 5 extra moves not aid in getting extra catchability or rank though, just completion?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Okay so I know nothing about this game but on the top of the page I saw something about winning a something blastoise. I love that evolution line, do I have a chance to win this if I have not even downloaded the game yet?

Or does it need progression/things I have no chance of getting in the required time frame?

Razmos

Okay so I know nothing about this game but on the top of the page I saw something about winning a something blastoise. I love that evolution line, do I have a chance to win this if I have not even downloaded the game yet?

Or does it need progression/things I have no chance of getting in the required time frame?
Definitely need progression, it's a competition where only those at the top of the rankings get Mega Blastoise.

MikeDip

Definitely need progression, it's a competition where only those at the top of the rankings get Mega Blastoise.

But if I start right now do I have a chance? Or is it impossible for me who hasn't even looked at the game yet? The stamina thing will be a problem?

I really don't see you going from 0 to Mega Blastoise in the alloted time without spending some cash on hearts or being VERY vigilant. Theres a lot of high tier pokemon being used to fight it.

You have a week, which gives you about 300 game plays if you're absolutely religious about it. I suppose its possible if you stay dedicated.

Chris1

But if I start right now do I have a chance? Or is it impossible for me who hasn't even looked at the game yet? The stamina thing will be a problem?

I don't think you'll be able to make it, you pretty much need mega ampharos which is near the end of the game.

Note that by absolutely dedicated for 300 plays, I mean not even sleep.

Ampharos is on stage 130 (which has you get the Mega Ampharos stone along the way). Raikou is on EX stage 16 (and you get Secptile and Zapdos along the way). So you need a minimum of 146 rounds, if you get 0 losses and capture all 4 of those Pokémon on the 1st try.

Let's just say that you will be an amazing player that will wow us all if you're able to pull this off without spending any money. At the very least I'm pretty certain you're going to need to use some of your jewels that you get within the game.

MikeDip

Darn. Well thanks anyways. Still gonna maybe try but will not go in expecting this thing.

AndersonMinun

Neo Member
NA has a mistake in the text? I think they copied from UK.

vPcsPIe.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Must be a typo. When you look at rankings, it say "Place in the top 20000 to get a special prize".

Gonna miss out on that Blastoisinite. I don't have the necessary Pokemon :(
How far along are you though? Depending on how far you are it certainly could be possible to catch all the necessary Pokémon within a week and pull it off. It's just really unlikely if you're starting from nothing.

Razmos

I'm kinda dreading Pokemon Rumble World coming out. Between Shuffle and Rumble i'm never going to be able to put my 3DS down.

I went from a fresh start to ranking for Lucarionite in NA the week of that event without spending any money and foolishly spending my first 6 or so gems on hearts.

The main thing is getting to Ampharos at 130. You don't need to get the EX pokemon just to get a low qualifying rank. If you can get to Ampharos, you can use Raichu, Lilligant, Grovyle, and the free items and be fine.

I did a test run with Amp/Raichu/Lilli/Sceptile and only did slightly worse than when I did another test with Amp/Raikou/Zapdos/Sceptile (all level 5 in both cases). Though I felt like I played better with the first team, that may have been in part due to the paralysis and sleep provided by Raichu and Lilligant.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bumped my score to 15,884, putting me at 1,835 out of 103,377.

I wonder if Nintendo will increase the number of people that can win with how many more people are playing, like 20k to 30k in the US.

For what it's worth, I don't find Ampharos too difficult with a team of electric + Sceptile.
Managed to beat it while they were at level 3 and they're level 5-6 now

Sometimes, I still fail, but I'm never over 10% of HP left, which still nets me better exp. than if I grinded against another mon.
Wow you weren't kidding. I was using Dendenne over Sceptile because he's got a higher attack at his current level plus his ability helps Ampharos evolve quicker. But Sceptile's ability must make a huge difference. I was barely getting past half of his health bar but if I level up Sceptile he'll be no problem beating consistently.

Top Bottom