• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Why have they reduced the number of winners in europe from 20,000 to 10,000 :(

Because way less people in Europe played it than Japan and the US. It worked out roughly 10% of people won in Japan and the US, but Europe was over 20%, so it got toned down accordingly.

Managed 15,000 points without items! Crazy round. I'm top 3,000 in the US with that so I wonder if it'll be enough come the end. There's no way I can beat it without items, anyway.

Chris1

Sitting at rank 4544 with a score of 13099 in EU... hope this is enough, didn't move down the rankings that much for lucario, hopefully it's a similar case here.

Really not liking this new method of giving out mega stones, I get it makes them more money but ugh.

Kito

4434th. Don't see how I can get well over 13k without using items, yet some gaffers are on 14-15k. Guessing their final points push comes from a long, random combo at the end?

Fireblend

Banned
My highest score so far, no items used:

zlCfzTOC5O0Ybny9mU

Pretty proud about that :D I don't think I'll be improving it anytime soon, so here's hoping that will keep me in the first 20k thru the end.

4434th. Don't see how I can get well over 13k without using items, yet some gaffers are on 14-15k. Guessing their final points push comes from a long, random combo at the end?

I leveled up my team (the same as pretty much everyone's) to 5/6 and just kept playing until I got a good score. I can get consistently to 12/13k, but that was a lucky run I guess. I don't think there was that much of a bonus combo at the end, you just gotta focus.

OmegaX

I just caught Raikou, and Sceptile specially for this event. I already had Zapdos, and Mega Ampharos. Any tips on which stage is the best to level them up quickly?

Robin64

You guys all diving in to Rumble World too?

Pretty soon all these F2P Nintendo games are going to take up all my spare gaming time, I swear..

Chris1

Pretty soon all these F2P Nintendo games are going to take up all my spare gaming time, I swear..

If it's playable in F2P like Shuffle, but I have a feeling it's going to be extremely p2w. If it's p2w, I won't bother and if Shuffle becomes p2w I'll probably quit too.

Fireblend

Banned

I'm hoping it will be at least as playable as Shuffle without spending any money... it's my understanding you pay for new explorable areas in the form of balloons, but I wonder if there's also some gameplay limit thing (like hearts in Shuffle) that forces "non-paying" players to play in short bursts. Do the balloons you buy expire once they're used or something?

Regardless, I'll be checking it out for sure.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just barely beat my high score of 15,884 with 15,952. So tempted to use a Distortion Delay, but considering I have almost 6,700 coins, if I wait until the weekend, I should have enough to afford a Complexity -1.

Edit: HAHA, next attempt resulted in 17,569, bumping me to 1,541 out of 120k+.

Just barely beat my high score of 15,884 with 15,952. So tempted to use a Distortion Delay, but considering I have almost 6,700 coins, if I wait until the weekend, I should have enough to afford a Complexity -1.

Edit: HAHA, next attempt resulted in 17,569, bumping me to 1,541 out of 120k+.

Are you farming coins with Meowth?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are you farming coins with Meowth?
I tried it a few times on the regular stage, but I don't seem to have much luck. I do play the Special version during the weekend & get around 1,000 to 1,500.

Edit: Unless I'm only able to get 100 + the 30 each time.

Chris1

I tried it a few times on the regular stage, but I don't seem to have much luck. I do play the Special version during the weekend & get around 1,000 to 1,500.

Edit: Unless I'm only able to get 100 + the 30 each time.

Use weaker pokemon and try to get a 4 match, you'll get 330 coins per. Sometimes it's hard so I just go for the 130, but yeah you can make coins really quick through mewoth.

Matching 5 coins gets you 580 I think, but that's a lot harder.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If I keep checking in, I should have 9,000 coins by Saturday. Just hope that those coins won't be wasted, plus I'll know if I'll need to get a better score or not.

I'd be really surprised if 17.5k wasn't enough. It's a very good score without items, and casual players will either not try the contest again, not have good Pokémon, or not have enough coins to get anywhere near it.

LOLDSFAN

I'll give a go. I'm a little skeptical though since I'm not a fan of RPGs.

Yes yes I'm aware of the irony. :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The main team that people seem to be using (myself included) are Mega Ampharos, Zapdos, Raikou, & Sceptile. & of course, three of those are EX Pokemon.

Chopper

After about 10 attempts, I managed to get a score of about 12,200, no items. I am really struggling to imagine getting anything much better than that. I worked really hard!

BooJoh

I've been a fan of the Rumble series since the first one on Wii, so I'll be there, I just hope it's as non-pay friendly as Shuffle or more.

I'll give a go. I'm a little skeptical though since I'm not a fan of RPGs.

Yes yes I'm aware of the irony. :p

Rumble isn't really an RPG. It's more of a brawler. You can't even level up your Pokemon (other than the NFC figures in Rumble U,) you just have to find and collect higher level ones to replace what you've been using. The only Pokemon customization in past Rumble games was the ability to buy new moves for them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I tried the Rumble demo on Wii & thought it was okay. I guess I could try Rumble World. I've started to grown used to Pokemon Shuffle's timer, especially with my college schedule. Hopefully Rumble World's F2P mechanics will be tolerable as well.

Etria

Y'all working on that Mega Blastoise meanwhile I'm just happy I finally caught Rotom and Lucario.

How far along with the main stages are you? If you've got some Grass and Electric types, you could try Mega Blastoise, check out your ranking, and then decide whether you have a chance :)

hazukash

I'm stuck at Mega Mewtwo Y. I barely have 2000 coins so I can't even think of using items. What's the best team against it? What level should my Pokémon be?

I'm sitting at 10,432th place with a score slightly higher than 12.6k

Trying to avoid using items unless I have at the very end. I missed out on Lucarionite because I overslept on the last day when I could have used items to boost my score. Not happening this time.

Etria

Does anyone have a strategy to beat Mega Gengar without items?

I've tried this stage so many times I've lost count.

BooJoh

I've been trying to catch Raikou since Mega Blastoise went up. These 15 second stages are soul-draining because they're over so fast that you run out of hearts within a few minutes and the catch rate is abysmal.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay. 10 days of checking in. Now I should get 9,000 coins by Friday.

Ranked 2,114 out of 141k+. Maybe I won't need to spend those coins with my score of 17,569, but considering it seems we've got more participating, probably should still keep an eye on it to be safe.

Loptous

I have 98000 coins without spending any money. 8D
I freely use them for exp boost against Mega Ampharos, and I guess I'm prepared for any event thrown at me.

You probably already know this and just don't want to waste a jewel. But in case you don't: let time run out with a tiny amount of HP left. Waste a jewel for an extra 10 seconds (or whatever it is) and finish it off. The leftover time (from a jewel only) DOES count towards catchability. Be sure to have 2500 coins on hand just in case you don't catch it with a regular ball because it would be a shame to waste the jewel for nothing.
No. Never waste a jewel to catch something. Just be patient.

Kito

Mega Ampharos, Sceptile, Zapdos, & Raikou, all level 6. I think I just have to get lucky with the lay out because I usually get around 13 to 15k if I retry it.

Lv6 would make sense. I can't break 14k with all Lv5. There's a technique I'm missing - perhaps Mega Ampharos should be matched in a certain way or something.

Well, I saved up alllll week and finally had enough coins to stack so many items against Mega Mewtwo Y - ended up crushing him before he'd even broken out of the bind thing lol.

I guess after all the failed regular attempts and training my team facing him were really strong regularly.

Annnnnd now I'm stuck on Onix. :| This game....

Top Bottom