• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Kito

I've never been a fan of Xerneas's design (or any post-gen II legendary) but its shuffle avatar's really aesthetically pleasing and surprisingly so, given its complex antlers.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Lv6 would make sense. I can't break 14k with all Lv5. There's a technique I'm missing - perhaps Mega Ampharos should be matched in a certain way or something.

I just broke 16k with a level 3 team.

As hectic as things get, you gotta keep your eyes open for 4-blocks and 5-blocks matches. Those should always be your priority.

Rumble World looks a bit... dull? Like all you do is just run around mashing the attack button and that's it, right?

With Shuffle the outcome of a stage (while having an element of luck) is largely down to player skill. Rumble World just looks like there's nothing going on at all, depth-wise.

I like the Pokemon Rumble series, its so basic but thats the appeal I guess.

My GF and I can play it and mindlessly grind like a dungeon crawler looking for loot... but Pokemon'ified!

When the boss doesn't drop we even say "No dorp." in true FFXI MMO fashion. :p

Main stages all caught and all S-ranked. Still got 70,000 coins and five jewels. Haven't spent a dollar of real money.

Just mewtwo left to catch and then I've run out of things to do unless I S-rank the expert levels.

LOLDSFAN

Yay. 10 days of checking in. Now I should get 9,000 coins by Friday.

Ranked 2,114 out of 141k+. Maybe I won't need to spend those coins with my score of 17,569, but considering it seems we've got more participating, probably should still keep an eye on it to be safe.

Yeah I just got 9,000 today but I don't know if I want to blow it all for just one Pokemon. I'd like to get away with 20,000 on only a disruption delay but honestly it probably wouldn't help much since the disruption isn't too bad.

Chris1

Managed to increase my score from 13099 to 14144 and my rank jumped up from 6.6k to 4372.

here's hoping I don't need to use coins to stay in the top 10k..

Chris1

I need to make this jump as well. Was it luck or did you use a particular technique?

Just luck and matched whatever I could see asap. Trained my pokemon up one level then it took about 5-10 attempts to beat my 13099 score. My pokemon are either levels 8/7/7/7 or 7/6/6/6, can't check right now.

Edit: levels are 8/7/7/7

Kito

Just luck and matched whatever I could see asap. Trained my pokemon up one level then it took about 5-10 attempts to beat my 13099 score. My pokemon are either levels 8/7/7/7 or 7/6/6/6, can't check right now.

Edit: levels are 8/7/7/7

Woah. How many Buneary rounds to go from 5-6 / 6-7? I lost the will to level up because it takes so long / gets boring.

Chris1

Woah. How many Buneary rounds to go from 5-6 / 6-7? I lost the will to level up because it takes so long / gets boring.

I have no idea, someone posted how much xp you need between levels a few pages back and you get 30xp per buneary (60 for the pokemon with crown), so if you really want to know look for that list.

I've just been spending most of my hearts on the buneary stage whenever I play, but yeah it does seem to take a long time.. Close to 9/8/8/8 then I'll probably stop trying to level up and see if I can get a good score.

If it's really that boring for you, you could always just farm meowth and use a complexity -1 disruption delay, shouldn't take long to get 10k coins off meowth farming... That should help out a bit and won't take as long to get.

What triggers Sceptile's ability?

Does a match of 4 or more have to happen? Or does it trigger with only 3 too? I've been trying to pay attention while leveling up on the Ampharos stage.

EDIT: Also is the max amount of coins you can hold 99,999? I thought I saw that somewhere but can't find it now.

:O any tips? haha

I think I've posted loads ;)

If you need specific help, just ask, I'll try and think of some general stuff.

What triggers Sceptile's ability?

Does a match of 4 or more have to happen? Or does it trigger with only 3 too? I've been trying to pay attention while leveling up on the Ampharos stage.

EDIT: Also is the max amount of coins you can hold 99,999? I thought I saw that somewhere but can't find it now.

Sceptile's ability should trigger when you make any match with it as long as you physically move Sceptile's icon to make it.

As for coins, I don't think it's been confirmed but as soon as you pass certain threshholds the jewel exchange becomes unavailable. So once you have 53,000 coins you can't buy 48,000 any more, etc. So yeah, the limit is almost 100% 99990.

Loptous

As for coins, I don't think it's been confirmed but as soon as you pass certain threshholds the jewel exchange becomes unavailable. So once you have 53,000 coins you can't buy 48,000 any more, etc. So yeah, the limit is almost 100% 99990.
I should reach that limit today.
I'll be sad if it's 99999, as I'll be stuck forever with a 9 at the end lol

Sceptile's ability should trigger when you make any match with it as long as you physically move Sceptile's icon to make it.

zlCfzTOc6SERFv4r0g_zpslvhhnkjp.jpg
zlCfzTOdGiEejUutj8_zpsdodywkjd.jpg

1167 hit points from a match of 4 or 1422 from a match of 5 would be pretty overpowered if it triggered every time. There's got to be some sort of cool down either number of matches or turns or other triggered abilities. I guess it doesn't matter since it will only trigger once on most stages, I believe I only saw it three times in 50 turns.

hazukash

Non-EX left to S-rank:

Mega Glalie
Mega Gengar
Toxicroak (this is ridiculous. Moves +5 might do the trick but my team is struggling.)
Mega Mewtwo Y

I only have 4000 coins. How do you guys get so many coins? I don't understand how you can farm Meowth when it disappears right after you beat it once.

Starting Attack 70 = 70 Base EXP.

Lv.6: Base EXP * 9 (total: 18x)
Lv.7: Base EXP * 15 (total: 33x)

All four members of the popular team for Mega Blastoise ([Mega] Ampharos, Zapdos, Raikou, Secptile) have 70 starting attack.

When exclusively going against Buneary and its 30 exp gain:

For Level 6:
70 * 9 = 630 / 30 = 21 wins

For Level 7:
70 * 15 = 1050 / 30 = 35 wins

Of course this isn't factoring in Crowns, which could cut a pokemon's wins needed in half. Crowns would cut the mean you'd need about 7/8ths of the wins normally needed, assuming the pokemon all started at the same point initially.

Hope it helps. It certainly helped me...into realizing that I don't see a lot of appeal in going past level 5 or 6, especially since I really can't rely on properly beating Ampharos (who takes way too long to fight with a subpar party even if it does wind up giving a little more exp)

Chris1

So Buneary is better to level the M.Blastoise team than Ampharos is?

I'm finding it better yeah, I'll kill buneary while with ampharos i'll only get it roughly half way, meaning I only get xp for 25 moves worth instead of the whole 30 with buneary. Then I get crown double xp too with buneary.

Robin64

I'm finding it better yeah, I'll kill buneary while with ampharos i'll only get it roughly half way, meaning I only get xp for 25 moves worth instead of the whole 30 with buneary. Then I get crown double xp too with buneary.

Awesome, good call. I never manage to kill Ampharos with this team, only ever getting 70% of his health off at best. I'll switch to Buneary, I think.

How tough is EX Mewtwo with items? I'm tempted to buy everything and destroy it but I'll be pretty annoyed if I don't S-rank it after spending 15,000 coins.

Problem is I can only get it to about 30% health without items in two minutes, so it seems like a big ask to actually kill it in a minute and ten seconds, even with items. How much difference do they make in EX stages?

CassSept

I'm at Mega Mawile and jesus. This is shameless, I barely managed to take down 50% of it's hp. I don't see how this is possible without items.

Loptous

I only have 4000 coins. How do you guys get so many coins? I don't understand how you can farm Meowth when it disappears right after you beat it once.
That's week-end Meowth?
Normal Meowth can net you 530 coins/play if you're playing carefully.
If you play the game religiously, you can pretty much make around 6000-8000 coins every day.

Also, used the free gems to get coins. By the time I caught all mons, I still had 50000 coins on me.

Yeah, getting through most of the main stages gets you 12 free jewels, and they trade in for 48,000 coins. That's where the big money is.

I got a bunch more at the start when you could get 1,000 coins every day for beating Mew. Loads from Meowth (both weekend and regular stage 37), one of the special fights (Keldeo?) gave 5,000 coins for beating it, and then 100 for each stage I beat, and 30 for each stage I repeatedly beat when I was trying to catch or S-rank it.

I think that's it. Adds up, though. I didn't use a lot of coins. When I was trying to get the last few S-ranks I was careful with what I bought. I'd play the stage a few times to see what its quirks were so I could decide whether I needed disruption delay or whether mega start would be better, or both. A lot of them were easy just by adding the five extra moves with no other power needed. The only stages I used complexity-1 on were the Mega ones, and I got one of those for free which saved me 9,000 coins!

So yeah. Coins.

hazukash

That's week-end Meowth?
Normal Meowth can net you 530 coins/play if you're playing carefully.
If you play the game religiously, you can pretty much make around 6000-8000 coins every day.

Also, used the free gems to get coins. By the time I caught all mons, I still had 50000 coins on me.

I actually didn't notice there was another Meowth. I must have S-ranked it on my first try and never looked back. Thanks for the tip.

High score: 15491

Maybe I can do it without an item. Im a few bunny slaughters from having 3 pokemon at level 7 so I'll keep an eyr on it and possibly try again.

Spades

Well, I just can't get higher than around 9,000 on the Blastoise event. I am honestly amazed that people are able to get such high scores. I don't have a clue how you guys do it.

Kito

Scraped 14k with my Lv5 team (luck end combo) after far too many attempts, and now can't cant over 14k with my Lv6 team... starting to become neurotic. Just gonna use items and get Mega Blastoise out of the way once and for all.

BooJoh

I was not prepared this week. I think I'm sitting at like 15,000 rank so I'll probably be bumped past 20k by the end of the week. In the meantime I've been spending all my Shuffle time so far capturing Zapdos, Sceptile, and Raikou, and now that I have them I'm grinding Buneary with them. They're only around level 3 so far, with Ampharos at 6. I'll try to better my score near the end of the competition but I only have enough coins to go all out once.

Since I set my score of 15,000 I've dropped 3,000 places to around 6,000. I'm not sure where that leaves me, I'm either going to end on the edge or it's going to be totally comfortable, but there's no clues as to which it'll be!

Easiest way to beat Mega Mewtwo? Should I just use items? I have a ton of coins and gems.

Yeah, just go all out on the Megas. Everything except the exp x1.5. You'll get an S-rank without even trying.

It's not really worth using a few items and A-ranking so you have to go back and spend money on the same items again when you want to S-rank it.

Meier

Man, Larvesta is a pain in the ass.. think I'll have to use an item to beat him.

Got 14k on Blastoise without items.. around 10,000 in the rankings.

Yeah, just go all out on the Megas. Everything except the exp x1.5. You'll get an S-rank without even trying.

It's not really worth using a few items and A-ranking so you have to go back and spend money on the same items again when you want to S-rank it.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, might as well just go HAM on him.

So what's the trick to the Togekiss stage? I can beat it, but usually with 0-1 moves remaining, and rng hates me.

Since it's a 9-move stage, if you can beat it you only need to buy the moves+5 power-up and you'll S-rank it. If you're after catching it, just keep beating it and you'll catch it eventually. The RNG can't be against you forever, it's not in its nature.

I could never work out the trick to it though, I tended to remove the top two barriers and just work around the rest but I probably only beat it 50% of the time with the squad I had when I got to it. If you've got Mega Lucario, you'll have enough time to evolve and remove the barriers with it with some lucky placement.

Top Bottom