• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Even with my leveled up team of 7/7/7/6, I still can't seem to replicate my 17,5## score.

Oh well, I'm still ranked rather high, almost at 4,000. Probably will get bumped down to 9,000ish, but I don't think I have anything to worry about.

BACK TO RUMBLE WORLD.

Etria

Grinding on Ampharos takes so long that I get a heart back for every 3 I spend.

You could try Buneary (Stage 21) instead? Assuming you have a predominantly Electric type team, Ampharos may not yield as much experience as finishing Buneary off quickly :p

TrickRoom

You could try Buneary (Stage 21) instead? Assuming you have a predominantly Electric type team, Ampharos may not yield as much experience as finishing Buneary off quickly :p

I'm good. I still run out of hearts faster than I get them, so the time is still fully spent with higher effectiveness.

Razmos

2 days left and my ranking has only moved up to 2000, looks like i'm safe, if the last competition is anything to go by.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Around 4,500. Yeah, I think I should be fine. Probably will save my 10k+ coins for the next set of stages or whatever the next Mega Stone event will be.

hazukash

I finally beat Mega Mewtwo Y (A-rank with DD and Moves +5). I also caught Mewtwo (with a great ball) by beating it with a DD and 50 seconds left. I unlocked it by S-ranking three post-Mega Mewtwo stages as I hadn't been able to S-rank Mega Glalie, Mega Ampharos and Mega Gengar before. I'm done with this game outside of competitions because I've spent 71 hours on it and I want to move on instead of waiting for the next downloadable stages.

I do have a question, though. I'm planning to do a system transfer this weekend. I'm aware that jewels disappear after transferring so I already exchanged them for coins. I'm just wondering if a transfer will affect my placement in the Blastoisinite competition. I'm around 6000th place now so I feel confident I'll win, but if a transfer might jeopardize my ranking, I'll just wait until Monday.

Chris1

Dropped from low 6k to high 7k's pretty much over night with my 14k score so I caved and used a complexity -1 and DD. Got a score of 21040 and currently sitting at 1016.

I'm really starting to think it might be best to just use complexity -1 and DD off the bat for these competitions, then spend the rest of the hearts you'd be attempting to beat your score farming coins on meowth.

You should at least use a few turns getting comfortable with the team and the hazards, and possibly making team adjustments to account for them. As long as the bulk of your adjusting is with your first 3, you should be fine for when it's time to Complexity-1 your way to a high score.

Growlie19

For the record, my score of 12922 in NA is just barely in the top 20000, being 19667th. I'm about to spend some coins to improve it.

Edit: Bumped my score up to 22395, which puts me up to 719th! Blastoisinite should practically be guaranteed at this point.

Chris1

You should at least use a few turns getting comfortable with the team and the hazards, and possibly making team adjustments to account for them. As long as the bulk of your adjusting is with your first 3, you should be fine for when it's time to Complexity-1 your way to a high score.
Yeah of course a few trial runs first, but I think the amount of time I managed to better my score of 14k I probably could have gotten at least 20k coins farming meowth, which in the end probably wouldn't be enough so I had to end up spending coins anyway and wasted time trying to better my score (EU so need to be top 10k and my 14k score has dropped from 4k to 8k ranks within 2-3 days.. getting a tad bit risky).

Zeldana

Neo Member
I currently have a score slightly above 15,000 and I'm ranked at about 9,500. It'll be close, I think. For Lucario I used the free complexity -1 early on with a weaker team (since I hadn't caught Xerneas yet) and wound up placing just beyond the cutoff when the dust settled. I've got a buffer of about 10,000 places right now but it's hard to say how crazy it'll get in the final hours. I remember dropping several thousand spots in the hours leading up to the end.

Fingers crossed... I've tried playing without items and I can barely score above 12,000 on my own. I'll have to remember to buff up my team more and save using a complexity-1 until the final day next time.

hazukash

I finally beat Mega Mewtwo Y (A-rank with DD and Moves +5). I also caught Mewtwo (with a great ball) by beating it with a DD and 50 seconds left. I unlocked it by S-ranking three post-Mega Mewtwo stages as I hadn't been able to S-rank Mega Glalie, Mega Ampharos and Mega Gengar before. I'm done with this game outside of competitions because I've spent 71 hours on it and I want to move on instead of waiting for the next downloadable stages.

I do have a question, though. I'm planning to do a system transfer this weekend. I'm aware that jewels disappear after transferring so I already exchanged them for coins. I'm just wondering if a transfer will affect my placement in the Blastoisinite competition. I'm around 6000th place now so I feel confident I'll win, but if a transfer might jeopardize my ranking, I'll just wait until Monday.

After reading more into it, it worked out well. You just need to put the source SD card in the target 3DS when everything is said and done, no copying content/saves over another SD card or else you're screwed. After transferring, my Shuffle save is intact and I'm still top 7000.

random25

Currently at 1000th + place. That should at least secure my position to get the mega gem.

If only I did the same for Mega Lucario...

Caught 'em all!

zlCfzTPPevwoi2zvF5

Still got 60,000 coins to play with when new stages come around as well.

eRonin

I checked my ranking after a few days of not playing and was freaked out when I saw I was just outside the top 10K. I panic-bought complexity -1 and am now safely in top 3000. I hope that lasts for the next 15 hours.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Almost at rank 6,200 out of a whopping 193k+. I'll probably be bumped down to 8,000 or so, but looks like I'll score another mega stone. Considering we're almost at 200k people participating, I wonder if Nintendo will allow more people to win next time around.

Hopefully we'll either get another main stage update or new weekday Pokemon to catch because I'm finding it hard to com back to this.

-Horizon-

Went ahead and used the complexity-1 and disruption delay on the mega blastoise stage. Now rank 2601. I should be ok when it closes tonight. US btw.

Kalor

I feel like I've hit a brick wall in the game with Mega Gengar. With Mega Glalie I was at least getting their health close before I ran out of moves but I'm only getting half way with Mega Gengar, even with items.

Chris1

Yeah this competition seems a lot more competitive than the lucario one.

I feel like I've hit a brick wall in the game with Mega Gengar. With Mega Glalie I was at least getting their health close before I ran out of moves but I'm only getting half way with Mega Gengar, even with items.

Use haunter

110,500 EU/AUS entrants. Less than 9% will receive a blastoisinite compared to over 10% in NA.

Yeah, that's much better, well done Nintendo! Previously it was nearer to 20% in Europe vs. 10% in the US and Japan so it's great that they've managed to make everything so much fairer.

Boogiepop

Currently 16901 with a score of 14019 in the US. Gonna give it a few more tries to up that score as I should absolutely be able to, and then if not and it's looking dangerous near the deadline I'll just use the items.

Currently 16901 with a score of 14019 in the US. Gonna give it a few more tries to up that score as I should absolutely be able to, and then if not and it's looking dangerous near the deadline I'll just use the items.

I'm on 15,000 points which is around 12,000th place. I'm totally safe at the moment but I'll be asleep for the last six hours and a lot can change in that time!

Not sure whether I need to do more or not.

Chris1

With my score using of 21040 which I got using items, I've went from rank 1016 to 1670 in the last 24 hours.... man the competition really has heated up for sure in EU, with Lucario I only dropped around 3k ranks the whole week with an average non item score. At least I should be safe and don't fall out the top 10k in the next 12 hours.

Had a go the morning it went up, placed in the first 500 (EU) then forgot about it.
Just checked again now and I'm 8,000 and something.
Getting a little nervous now, planning to just leave it and hope I make it. Ahhhhhh

I used Disruption Delay and Moves+5 for Mega Glalie. Got him with 4 moves left so I needed those extra moves. The Glaceons are so annoying.

Regular Ampharos was surprisingly easy. Caught him at 30% (not S rank though).

Finn

I have a score of like, 13K+, and I just fell to sub-20k after spending the week sitting comfortably. I am dying inside.

Razmos

10 hours left and I went from around 3000 to nearly 3800 in the last 5 hours.
I'm still pretty confident, but not as much as I was. (I'm in the UK, so the cutoff is 10k)

My score was around 19k.

Top Bottom