• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

BooJoh

Groudon is complete bull... right?

Not entirely, but the start can be pure luck. For me, I seemed to do best when my first match was on the top row one from the right, like this:

XXOOOX
XXXXXX

which usually results in a chain of 4-5 Groudon matches followed by a block of your Pokemon from the top.

Placed about 2500 in europe and I've just captured Groudon at 4th try.

Nice way to start the week :p

Edit: I used BoohJoh technique with groudon btw

1 Minute 30 Seconds

Probably a tough one, then? I find the longer stages much harder than the shorter ones. It's hard to keep concentration for so long and I always find myself getting distracted trying to look at the HP bar or the clock or something, and that's enough to lose a combo.

Razmos

Mega Blastoise is pretty great, it's original ability is useful enough, and it's mega effect is really useful too.

Groudon seems so luck based, even using the strategy of clearing 3 on the right-hand side (which isn't always possible) doesn't work all the time, sometimes you can make a big chain reaction on the first move like I did once (and even then I only got a B for completing the stage) and sometimes nothing can happen for up to 10 moves, already making it really hard to win.

It's not hard to catch by any means, 10% chance to begin with and an extra 4% per move is pretty good for a legendary, it's just gonna take a while due to the sheer luck required.

Loptous

Finished in the top 8-hundred-something in EU

Mega Blastoise is pretty great, it's original ability is useful enough, and it's mega effect is really useful too.
I don't really like his Mega ability as it doesn't set up many combos. It's mostly useful to clear disruptions, but it's also very slow to fill the board again in timed stages.
I guess the only reason it's great for me is that it's the only water-based mega so far.

Etria

Finished in to the top 3,000s for the Blastoisinite :D

Now up to Onix from the new stages added last time around. Such a tank.

Chris1

Again, i manage to beat and capture groudon first try. I swear i have the best luck ever when it comes to special events.. well, except for the competition ones.

I've heard that Onix is pretty tough (I'm still on Mega Mewtwo Y). Do you think Mega Blastoise would make for a good tool to use against it? I remember Mega Lucario made a huge difference when going up against Mega Mawile.

Qurupeke

I've heard that Onix is pretty tough (I'm still on Mega Mewtwo Y). Do you think Mega Blastoise would make for a good tool to use against it? I remember Mega Lucario made a huge difference when going up against Mega Mawile.

Not really. The problem is that Blastoise is kind of weak, at least at this point of the game.

wilflare

man I kinda wanna give up on this game
I'm at Onyx... with 2420 coins... 7 jewels (really bad attempt at Mega Y Mewtwo)...
didn't get the Mega Stone for Blastoise either :/ #29610

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ranked 10,702. Used Mega Blastoise to capture Groudon on my first attempt with about 38%. LULZ SOME LEGENDARY.

Yay for more stages, but CRAP, a new EX stage as well? I don't think I'll be able to unlock it....

Chastten

Banned

54 hours and not a single cent spent - feel like I'm pretty much done with the game now ^_^ Will still play it every now and then I guess but it's time to move on now

Robin64

54 hours and not a single cent spent - feel like I'm pretty much done with the game now ^_^ Will still play it every now and then I guess but it's time to move on now

What about all of today's new stuff?

You may have Mewtwo, but there's still Genesect after him. :p

Kito

zl_Cfz_TPf_K9s_Koc_Sae_R.jpg

Scored ~20k using only the Complexity item. Attempts without items peaked at 14k (rank #8k on the last day) with a Lv6 team. In future competitions I'm using Complexity immediately. I'd advise others that 10 attempts is enough to know your peak, don't delude yourself with other scores and waste a week's worth of hearts on an EXP-less endeavour.

DocSeuss

Ffff. Took a nap, woke up like 10 hours later, missed the cutoff by just a few places. Had been planning to run it one last time.

Any idea if Lucario/Blastoise will ever return?

Growlie19

Got my Blastoisinite, and beat the first two stages. Tried and failed against Groudon three times. Apparently Genesect's a thing now? Not looking forward to S-ranking everything....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Might have to go back & level some Pokemon up. I'm FINALLY starting to use some that I never used before, but this causes an awkward team of 7s & a 1.

Also TWICE IN A ROW, I got up to about 76% or 78% BUT NOPE AIN'T CAPTURING THEM.

Don't forget. Today is the final day to get Pachirisu
Good, sounds like next week will finally bring us new weekday Pokemon.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This game will last forever, won't it?

By the time they're done with all 721 Pokémon, Generation VII will already be out.

Razmos

What I find annoying about the extra main stages is that the levels are getting progressively harder, and the pokemon you get from them are getting weaker. It's totally stupid that the new pokemon you get have a power of 40, 50 or 60, rather than increasing along with the difficulty.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I only fought Onix once, and I caught him with an A on my first try without any items.

Considering how much people complain about him, I'm super salty that what apparently was my luckiest moment ever wasn't enough to get me an S.

Syntsui

As the game expands, they totaly need to revise the time for recharging the hearts, half an hour is just to much. Even for cash grabs smartphone games level.

As the game expands, they totaly need to revise the time for recharging the hearts, half an hour is just to much. Even for cash grabs smartphone games level.
I like Rumble's Method of a max limit and you get something that gets you twenty gems a day. The Shuffle version may be 20 hearts per day or something.

What I find annoying about the extra main stages is that the levels are getting progressively harder, and the pokemon you get from them are getting weaker. It's totally stupid that the new pokemon you get have a power of 40, 50 or 60, rather than increasing along with the difficulty.

I'm okay with that. If you kept getting stronger Pokémon you'd constantly have to be levelling them up from scratch, at least this way you can get a team and stick with it for ages

In the end, I ranked 9600 ish... just barely got my Mega Stone. Phew.

I was weird and suddenly woke up 10 minutes before the deadline to check my score. No alarms or anything. Didn't realise my subconscious was so good at time-keeping o__o

Top Bottom