• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

-Horizon-

This is actually the second wave of new stages we're talking about :p

Did you try using Complexity -1 yet?

Even further behind AGHHHH

I don't want to spend any more coins :/

I fear the addition of more limited special stages

I guess I'll just keep trying to level up the ones I'm using for mewtwo.

I missed my Blastoise prize by about 500 slots. Sucks because I wasted all of the coins I had saved up on items. At least I've got Groudon now... I guess.

Machine

I got the Mega Blastoise stone, captured Groudon after 3 tries, and am working my way through the new stuff but I still need to go back and capture Xerneas, Yveltal, and Mewtwo. Those EX stages are much harder for me so I end up having to farm coins with Meowth and use items on them.

JoeM86

Even further behind AGHHHH

I don't want to spend any more coins :/

I fear the addition of more limited special stages

I guess I'll just keep trying to level up the ones I'm using for mewtwo.

If my theory is correct, then these competitive stages will come ever 3 or 4 weeks.

As such, if it is every 3 weeks, that gives 21 days to build up coins. 21 * 500 = 10500 + (500 * 2) Bonus every 10 days = 11500 which is enough for Competitive -1 and Disruption Delay, the only two that work in the competitive ones.

Plus Meowth twice a week

-Horizon-

If my theory is correct, then these competitive stages will come ever 3 or 4 weeks.

As such, if it is every 3 weeks, that gives 21 days to build up coins. 21 * 500 = 10500 + (500 * 2) Bonus every 10 days = 11500 which is enough for Competitive -1 and Disruption Delay, the only two that work in the competitive ones.

Plus Meowth twice a week

Welp, time to burn through my coins then :D

Razmos

My guess is that they omitted to use 3D to save on the development budget since it's a free game. Same with Boxboy, which is offered for only $5.
..or the fact that there is basically nothing in the game worth doing in 3D. All that is on the top screen is a bit of info, you spend 99% of the time looking at the bottom screen, so what's the point.

EDIT: Greninja'd by Joe :(

kamakazi5

I thought I was getting towards the end of the game when I noticed they have the complete Pokémon list in the menu. Yeah, I'm barely over half. I like the game a lot but only being able to play 10-20 matches a day and at this point only catching 4-5 per day is getting annoying.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I haven't played in a while, but managed rank 11k or so and got my Blastoise stone. The randomness of some stages for S-ranking is annoying and making me enjoy the game less.

Razmos

> Really wanted Mega Blastoise to help beat Larvesta.
>> Realizes Larvesta is Bug, not Fire.

Welp, now I'm back where I started.

Up to Mega Gengar stage. Hard to grind for levels when all your Ghost types are weak against Buneary haha.

I went back and caught Gengar (the stage is so much easier without the Eevees) so I'll use it along with Haunter, Chandelure, and Mega Sableye.

EloNoolah

Do we have any confirmation whatsoever as to whether event/competition stages like Mega Lucario and Blastoise will eventually come back around? I was ranked somewhere in the 16000~ range at 10 PM last night and thought I had it in the bag until this morning when I checked the results and somehow got pushed all the way down to 20250th. Needless to say I was pissed.

Razmos

Do we have any confirmation whatsoever as to whether event/competition stages like Mega Lucario and Blastoise will eventually come back around? I was ranked somewhere in the 16000~ range at 10 PM last night and thought I had it in the bag until this morning when I checked the results and somehow got pushed all the way down to 20250th. Needless to say I was pissed.
Nope.
It's possible they could make the mega stones available again, but we just don't know.

Junahu

I was surprised with how quickly I chewed through the new stages, though I guess that's down to me grinding levels during the weeks where nothing was happening. Solosis of all pokemon gave me some trouble, because I kept accidentally erasing the Solosis in the middle of the board, rendering the frozen Solosis impossible to melt.

I also found out the hard way that Mega Mewtwo is an absolute stinker of a mega if you don't pack a second psychic type. Not only will it have no mega-effect whatsoever, but it even loses the ability to make cross shaped matches, making it worse than a regular pokemon.

Meier

I forgot to go back and re-do the Blastoise stage with using any items.. didn't check it on Saturday. Finished ranked 22k with my 14k+ plus. Devastated.

Just caught Groudon on my second attempt.

Finn

MIssed out on the Blastoisinite, which is a bummer. Caught Groudon on my first attempt, though, so I guess I'll just be grateful? Now to try to take down Mega Gengar (that son of a bitch just will not fall).

Chris1

Did everyone get their jewel from blastoise event? I don't think I got mine.. I have 3, had 2 before hand and have beat the new Mega, so I should have 4 now but I'm missing one

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Jewel seems to take a day or so after the event finishes for some reason. Not sure why, but'll appear.

So what's the total number of stages following the update?
180. Seems when main stages are added, they do it in increments of 15, or half of a "world".

#19333. Phew :p

Yeah I was something like 19400 or so. I had to blow a complexity -1, so I'm glad that worked out. I can buy a new one now with the gold I've gotten recently, though, so it's alright. It took me about 4 or so hearts to catch Groudon without items, but he wasn't too bad. Drilbur's kind of kicking my butt, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, easy S-Rank.
176 is the annoying one. I gotten a glitch on it twice in two tries.
Just finished 176 & yeah, that was a bit annoying. Got an A & caught the Pokemon, though.

At the very least, having a decent amount of coins & stronger Pokemon should help with some S-ranks.

Edit: Holy crap, 177 was just like 175: "OH GOD, the board! This is gonna be touHAHAHAHAH COMBOS, COMBOS EVERYWHERE & A S-RANK"

There's a three-Pokémon stage just after 165, I forget which it is, but Gengar is super effective against it. When you use his Mega skill, it means you end up spending quite a lot of time with only two types of Pokémon on the entire board - that can be pretty fun for combos as you can imagine!

I ranked #16,997th. Whew! Didn't think I was going to make it this time. I'm seriously going to focus on getting to the more powerful Pokemon before the next competition.

Edit: Caught Groudon on the first try!

SaintZ

I think I found a glitch while trying to capture Timburr

zlCfzTPmgAcZTOh87a

Not all the Slowbros mega evolved.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That happened to me as well. No idea why it did that. Matching them didn't do their Mega ability, either.

Edit: Welp, I bet 178 will be easy to get a S-rank with a +5 Moves.

ZeroX03

Banned
Some of these new stages feel like they were specifically made for Mega Blastoise. Bought Mega Start, Disruption Deay and Complexity -1 for Aerodactyl and still got bad enough luck that I couldn't S rank. Mega Lucario was no help.

I think I found a glitch while trying to capture Timburr

zlCfzTPmgAcZTOh87a

Not all the Slowbros mega evolved.

Happened to me too.

Happened to me too.
Me three. This glitch happened to me three times in a row now.
Test your crap Game Freak!
Edit: Just beat and caught it. Not S-Ranking that until they fix it.

Edit 2: Anyone figure out the one move trick in 179?
Edit 3: One move left gave an S-Rank. Huh...

Top Bottom