• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

ZeroX03

Banned
Me three. This glitch happened to me three times in a row now.
Test your crap Game Freak!
Edit: Just beat and caught it. Not S-Ranking that until they fix it.

Edit 2: Anyone figure out the one move trick in 179?
Edit 3: One move left gave an S-Rank. Huh...

I think S-rank is half the number of stages rounded down. So a three stage Pokemon would give you S rank at 2 or 1 remaining.

I hate that this is one of my most played 3DS games.

Boba2007

Oh, so I wasn't the only one then.

zlCfzTPmPv8WqK5FfB

Got all the new main pokemon caught, going for S ranks now.

Loptous

I think this glitch happens because there's a row of mons already instantiated at the top of the board, but effects and Mega evo doesn't affect it. : /

bjork

I can beat Groudon, but I haven't managed to keep it inside a ball yet.

I forgot I did one run on that Blastiose level, I got rank 60,000something and the game is all like "good job!"

JoeM86

Me three. This glitch happened to me three times in a row now.
Test your crap Game Freak!
Edit: Just beat and caught it. Not S-Ranking that until they fix it.

Edit 2: Anyone figure out the one move trick in 179?
Edit 3: One move left gave an S-Rank. Huh...

Game Freak have nothing to do with this game :p

Loptous

So actually, it seems the whole middle columns are set at the beginning (until a certain point).
Used a Mega-Start at the beginning of the Timburr fight and I still got non mega evolved mons popping around in those 2 columns.
Even with +5 moves, I still managed to get a B-rank lol

Do I seriously have to beat Mega Mewtwo again to get the mega-stone back for it? I thought they'd have fixed that by now.

Is it a one-time thing or am I going to have to do it over and over again?

Chopper

Do I seriously have to beat Mega Mewtwo again to get the mega-stone back for it? I thought they'd have fixed that by now.

Is it a one-time thing or am I going to have to do it over and over again?
You don't have to beat the stage again at all. You just need to manually select him from the pokemon list rather than use optimise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
17 more S ranks. At the very least, I only have 3 Megas left (Gengar, Mewtwo, & the newest one), but bah, I'm just about out of coins since +5 Moves & Distortion Delay help me the most and they're all stages from the newest world.

Kito

I'm guessing Serebii obtain future pokemon avatars from new patches, but how exactly does Serebii access these? Why does the developer put them in?

RiggyRob

Timburr's stage is silly, but not Onix infuriating, which makes it worse that I'm going to waste all the items on that stage.

I did that (it wouldn't optimise into the first slot anyway) but where its stone should be is empty and it doesn't evolve!

Just to check, by manually select you mean scrolled all the way to where Mewtwo is in the Pokemon list and picked him from there, rather than just swapping Slowbro and Mewtwo around in your team of four, right?

SaintZ

I can't beat Mega Aerodactyl... but for some reason it isn't frustrating and it doesn't feel hard. I just ran out of turns and tell myself "oh, I'll catch it next time" lol

Loptous

Timburr's stage is silly, but not Onix infuriating, which makes it worse that I'm going to waste all the items on that stage.
The glitch makes it more infuriating to me.

I can't beat Mega Aerodactyl... but for some reason it isn't frustrating and it doesn't feel hard. I just ran out of turns and tell myself "oh, I'll catch it next time" lol
Mega Aerodactyl is kind of odd to me
It's super easy to beat, but the fact blocks keep falling (and I'm pretty sure those aren't considered disruptions), makes it quite difficult to find a strategy to S-rank other than "Get Lucky" or "Use Complexity -1". Maybe I'm wrong and someone has some tips for it though?

Moves+5 and Disruption Delay aren't working against Mega Gengar. To a degree his Haunter disruption actually helps. It's just the Eevees wrecking any attempted combos.

Going to have to use a Complexity-1.

Any tips? I'm using Mega Sableye, Gengar, Haunter, and Misdreavus/Chandelure.

LOLDSFAN

Anyway to gain hearts, and diamonds more easily/faster?

Shuffle is a marathon not a sprint so with the hearts you'll just have to wait for them (which honestly isn't too bad if you play in spurts) and the diamonds come over time, with you mostly getting them after you beat a Mega battle.

RootCause

Shuffle is a marathon not a sprint so with the hearts you'll just have to wait for them (which honestly isn't too bad if you play in spurts) and the diamonds come over time, with you mostly getting them after you beat a Mega battle.
Oh, well. It isn't too bad since I just start it before I have a game session.
I'll be honest, I'd pay for both shuffle, and rumble if I could. :p

I think the timers are spot on really. It depends on the levels you're playing, obviously, but I find I can get about 15-20 minutes play on average before I'm wiped out and have to put it aside, and I think that's enough. Much more than that and I'd just get sick of it.

It's actually quite clever. For years Nintendo have been trying to work out how to make people take breaks for every 30 minutes of play time, and now they've cracked it!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
12 more S-ranks to go.....3 of which are Megas. Really need more coins to help me out. Hopefully next week, with new weekday Pokemon, that should help.

RootCause

I think the timers are spot on really. It depends on the levels you're playing, obviously, but I find I can get about 15-20 minutes play on average before I'm wiped out and have to put it aside, and I think that's enough. Much more than that and I'd just get sick of it.

It's actually quite clever. For years Nintendo have been trying to work out how to make people take breaks for every 30 minutes of play time, and now they've cracked it!

Haha could be the case. It reminds me of puzzlequest, which was awesome.

so uh

as far as i can tell, mega aerodactyl sort of sucks

that's disappointing
It's definitely a niche Mega ability but so is his regular ability. I imagine he'll be invaluable on ridge levels that are split in half like Onix or Zoroak.

Ha, I never thought about it like that but it's genius.

:3 I meant paying $14.99 and have no heart limits, or maybe allow me to unlock more hearts, and diamonds by playing mini games similar to the ones in pokemon stadium. Would be fun for me. :p

You know what would be cruel is to start releasing $5 dlc packs that give you an extra heart container, a few chances to win some gems and an EXCLUSIVE Mega Stone.

And don't sweat over Mew, he's pretty much useless now. Low base power and poor ability. If you're just starting out I would have preferred someone to level up like Rayquaza early on who will pay off more than Mew once his Mega Stone is released.

Who knows, they may start the event cycle over and re-release all these legendaries again.

Loptous

Just got up to this stage. You guys are worrying me. How hard can it be? :p

EDIT: Well then. I'll just go and catch Feebas first.
It's really not that bad.

Some people just like to blame the game even though it offers them the necessary tools to deal with it (Feebas / Dedenne+Ampharos) but didn't figure that out in the first place. : P
I mean, it's a puzzle game. It wouldn't be fun at all if the stages were all easily clearable without putting any thought into it.

Timburr is the real bullshit though

RootCause

It's definitely a niche Mega ability but so is his regular ability. I imagine he'll be invaluable on ridge levels that are split in half like Onix or Zoroak.

Ha, I never thought about it like that but it's genius.

You know what would be cruel is to start releasing $5 dlc packs that give you an extra heart container, a few chances to win some gems and an EXCLUSIVE Mega Stone.

And don't sweat over Mew, he's pretty much useless now. Low base power and poor ability. If you're just starting out I would have preferred someone to level up like Rayquaza early on who will pay off more than Mew once his Mega Stone is released.

Who knows, they may start the event cycle over and re-release all these legendaries again.
That would be shitty. I need to get racquets, and groudon before they're gone, but my pokemon are low leveled.

alexein

I Finally caught blaziken, now i just have xerneas ,mewtwo ,timburr and s rank everything for genesect.
timburr is way too hard, i have 12000 coins though,i hope that we will have interesting weekly pokemon

I don't think I've ever really used any of the weekly pokemon unfortunately. I could see some being useful for newer players that manage to grab them for the earlier stages, but by this point (past stage 150) it's not so hot. At least the special legendaries have been useful (except Mew imo), and of course you can count of most of the expert pokemon.

Does anyone else find themselves messing with the weaker pokemon that have Mega slots, in case their power turns out ot be useful? I was doing that with Venesaur recently even when Sceptile would have been the better choice. Figured it'd be nice to give them a few levels so I'm more willing to try them out once they get the ability to Mega.

Sitting pretty on 18700 coins after playing nothing but Meowth for the past 3 days. Avoid using Pokemon with disruption removal abilities when grinding for coins.

goldenpp72

Curious about the 'end game' a lot of people mention needing items for, is that really true, and if so how is there an end game if they keep adding more levels? Makes knowing how I need to ration difficult.

Curious about the 'end game' a lot of people mention needing items for, is that really true, and if so how is there an end game if they keep adding more levels? Makes knowing how I need to ration difficult.

You'll eventually run into Mega levels that you have to pay to win in order to S-rank.(or even progress depending how far you are into the game)

Don't spend money. Just hoard it for those times when your team is ready to beat (no crush) a Mega. Spend money on every item you can so that you S-rank and never have to play that level again.

Play the Meowth levels when you don't have time for anything else. Aim for 4 coin matches and get 530 coins a match.

Prepare for the unknown levels and don't waste coins.

Boogiepop

Anyone have any thoughts on Timburr? He's my last S rank left right now, and I'm not looking forward to it since I essentially killed my coin stash S ranking everyone else. Thinking I'll probably have to grind back up some coins to get him. Hmm....

Boogiepop

what in the world is up with Milotic

Feebas my friend. Feebas are very helpful. That and Dedenne to get the Mega Evolve sooner.

Also, I came really close to screwing myself over on going for the S rank on Milotic earlier actually. Used like every item but the EXP multiplier to finish it off, and I was operating under the assumption the complexity-1 would deal with the Feebas. It didn't. Fortunately I still got it and didn't end up wasting a mound of coins, but that definitely ended up closer than I would've liked...

Which level is that? How much would it take to get there?
:O

Stage 37.

Your goal is to move all the coins to one side of the board in as few moves as possible without knocking out Meowth. Meowth will add 1 coin at 5 moves left and 2 moves left.

0 coins for losing (You didn't KO Meowth.)
30 coins for no matches (Getting extremely unlucky with chains.)
130 coins for a match (Getting unlucky and cutting losses.)
330 coins for a 4-match (What you'll be getting most often.)
530 coins for a 5-match (Getting lucky. Only go for it if you know you can KO Meowth on your final move.)

Start noticing when you can move the coins with matches. Make matches to move the coins to one side so you can get something like this:

X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X C
X X X X X X
X X X X X C
X X X X X C

The shape will vary a bit each time but just make sure that you can get that 4-match. That way you can just move the fourth coin, make match, focus on beating the stage. Sometimes you'll need to stall and actual do damage to Meowth.

X X X X X X
X X X X X C
X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X C
X X X X X C

Sometimes you might need to make matches like this to move the coins. Avoid making chains while doing this unless you need the damage because it can cascade and end up KO'ing Meowth.

Top Bottom