• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

wilflare

Feebas my friend. Feebas are very helpful. That and Dedenne to get the Mega Evolve sooner.

Also, I came really close to screwing myself over on going for the S rank on Milotic earlier actually. Used like every item but the EXP multiplier to finish it off, and I was operating under the assumption the complexity-1 would deal with the Feebas. It didn't. Fortunately I still got it and didn't end up wasting a mound of coins, but that definitely ended up closer than I would've liked...

eh which stage is Feebas? I'm very bad at recognizing the newer Pokemon haha

Loptous

Oh my
Complexity -1 on Mega Aerodactyl actually removes the falling breakable blocks.
That changed everything

Only Timburr left to S-rank
Not looking forward to it

Loptous

Just unlocked Genesect. Just so you guys know :
- 1:30
- Indestructible blocks
- Barriers
- Smoke (which can cover mons that already are behind a barrier)
- TWO different enemy tokens (Genesect + Surskit)

Just unlocked Genesect. Just so you guys know :
- 1:30
- Indestructible blocks
- Barriers
- Smoke (which can cover mons that already are behind a barrier)
- TWO different enemy tokens (Genesect + Surskit)

That sounds like frustration hell. It'd be annoying enough if it wasn't timed, but all that compounded with a yucky catch rate? Ugh...

Oh my
Complexity -1 on Mega Aerodactyl actually removes the falling breakable blocks.
That changed everything

Only Timburr left to S-rank
Not looking forward to it

That's my last one, too. I'm going to put it off and farm Meowth for a while, since I went through like 80,000 coins the past week and I feel poor now. I also have two EX Pokemon left to catch (Blaziken and Xerneas), so it's not like I have nothing to do except S-Rank Timburr and catch Genesect.

RootCause

Stage 37.

Your goal is to move all the coins to one side of the board in as few moves as possible without knocking out Meowth. Meowth will add 1 coin at 5 moves left and 2 moves left.

0 coins for losing (You didn't KO Meowth.)
30 coins for no matches (Getting extremely unlucky with chains.)
130 coins for a match (Getting unlucky and cutting losses.)
330 coins for a 4-match (What you'll be getting most often.)
530 coins for a 5-match (Getting lucky. Only go for it if you know you can KO Meowth on your final move.)

Start noticing when you can move the coins with matches. Make matches to move the coins to one side so you can get something like this:

X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X C
X X X X X X
X X X X X C
X X X X X C

The shape will vary a bit each time but just make sure that you can get that 4-match. That way you can just move the fourth coin, make match, focus on beating the stage. Sometimes you'll need to stall and actual do damage to Meowth.

X X X X X X
X X X X X C
X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X C
X X X X X C

Sometimes you might need to make matches like this to move the coins. Avoid making chains while doing this unless you need the damage because it can cascade and end up KO'ing Meowth.
Dood! Thanks. I'm very close.

ghibli99

Everyone is playing and nobody's happy. LOL I had to just walk away from it a couple weeks ago... and yet, I'm feeling compelled somehow to jump back in. :p

I will never ever mock Candy Crush Saga survivors again. Im so sorry F2P players, I needed to walk the mile (and Monster Strike didn't count).

RootCause

Unless you are stuck, there isn't much benefit to farming the Meowth stage for coins until you've cleared all the main stages at least once. You get a comparable number of coins for your first clear of each stage and you actually make progress.
I'm trying to farm so I can capture groudon, and rayquaza. My pokemon are very low level at the moment. Not much time left until Ray is gone. 😬

RootCause

Who are you using on Rayquaza, and what level are they at?
I'm using the optimized set. Kanghaskan(mega) lvl 3, Swirlix lvl 1, audino lvl 4, and phanpy lvl 3.
I started playing the game like two days ago. :/ I was able to beat groudon, but he got away.
I'm hoping the coins help with double atack, more moves, and mega start.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uuuggghhhhh, I'm gonna have to use a Complexity -1 along with the Distortion Delay & +5 Moves on Mega Gengar, aren't I....

I'm using the optimized set. Kanghaskan(mega) lvl 3, Swirlix lvl 1, audino lvl 4, and phanpy lvl 3.
I started playing the game like two days ago. :/ I was able to beat groudon, but he got away.
I'm hoping the coins help with double atack, more moves, and mega start.

Druddigon will be back tomorrow as one of the daily pokes. He's a dragon type with a base of 60. Have you tried using Eevee to speed up Kanghaskan evolution?

I'm trying to farm so I can capture groudon, and rayquaza. My pokemon are very low level at the moment. Not much time left until Ray is gone. ��

You're better off spending your hearts advancing and capturing stronger pokemon. You'll probably make more coins doing that than trying to farm Meowth anyway.

Also, don't bother with Moves +5 if your aim is to capture a pokemon. Moves +5 is only really useful to get S-ranks or get past a level you are stuck on.

Kito

In timed conditions the ability of Mega Mawile is extremely obnoxious. I'm looking to replace Mawile in my team against Xerneas and level the replacement up - is Klefki ok? It would join my Lv5 Bronzong, Nidoqueen, Nidoking.

In timed conditions the ability of Mega Mawile is extremely obnoxious. I'm looking to replace Mawile in my team against Xerneas and level the replacement up - is Klefki ok? It would join my Lv5 Bronzong, Nidoqueen, Nidoking.

Decent team in short levels, in longer ones, a minute plus, you have time to evolve and I find Lucario to be head and shoulders above the rest in most conditions. It evolves very quickly, and its mega-effect clears away all disruptions for at least 50% of the screen.

Decent team in short levels, in longer ones, a minute plus, you have time to evolve and I find Lucario to be head and shoulders above the rest in most conditions. It evolves very quickly, and its mega-effect clears away all disruptions for at least 50% of the screen.

Assuming they have Mega Lucario of course.

I'm at level 161. Besides Onix (who I went at once before saying eff it and using Complexity -1), I also had trouble with Larvesta. Used a Mega Start and Disruption Delay and even then only won with Zero moves left.

Hegarol

Since I catched all pokemon (sans Genesect) I am now grinding the most useful mons to the max level. Lets hope I can do the rest of S-Ranking and future events more easy with them.

Kito

Lucarionite is the one Mega Stone I don't have, but Lucario is perfect anyway. I forgot about him since he's not Lv5 yet like the others, so he wasn't showing up in optimisation.

EDIT: Fighting is weak against Fairy!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, Timburr barely S-ranked via Mega Start with Mewtwo & +5 Moves. 7 more to go....

I THINK for a decent amount of stages, a S-Rank is obtained if you make less than half the moves given to you, so like, if you're allowed 10 moves, if you beat it with 5 or more left, then I think that's an S-Rank, but 4 moves remaining is an A-rank.

Phew, Timburr barely S-ranked via Mega Start with Mewtwo & +5 Moves. 7 more to go....

I can't quite manage this. I score like crazy once the huge tree in the middle is gone, but it takes a little bit too long to get rid of it and so I always end up going over the S-rank limit by a few turns.

Meier

Just got up to this stage. You guys are worrying me. How hard can it be? :p

EDIT: Well then. I'll just go and catch Feebas first.

Yeah, using Feebas was a good shout (thanks internet). Otherwise, the stage would be close to impossible I think (without using items at least).

RiggyRob

Anyone got any tips for S Ranking Mega-Aerodactyl other than just going balls out with the items?

Lucario seems to have the best ability for clearing the disruptions, but my team doesn't get close to doing enough damage to clear the level without items.

Loptous

I THINK for a decent amount of stages, a S-Rank is obtained if you make less than half the moves given to you, so like, if you're allowed 10 moves, if you beat it with 5 or more left, then I think that's an S-Rank, but 4 moves remaining is an A-rank.
I thought Mega Slowbro was a way better pick for this stage.

I beat Genesect once without items in the extra time.
Base catch rate is 1% with no surprise

It seems I forgot to mention that barriers can appear on empty spaces (mons on top of it will fall inside, but if there's another barrier on top, nothing will fall inside until you get rid of the top one which can be impossible sometimes.) and on indestructible blocks.
Barriers appear on the most annoying places btw. (2nd row from the top and bottom and 2nd column from the left and right + random ones).

Oh and beforte you ask. Yes - smoke on top of barrier on top of indestructible block is a thing.

Boogiepop

Any ideas/plans for Genesect? Seems really rough without items, and items aren't a viable plan against low catch rates really. I'm trying out Mega Blastoise right now instead of Aerodactyl and it seems a little better, but I'm still not even close.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, Mega Gengar S-ranked. 6 more to go. Though maybe I'll wait for another update. It's starting to get a bit tedious having to replay Meowth's stage to get between 30 to 330 coins.

megalowho

Been playing this for the past week or so and man.. I kind of hate it. The puzzles are boring, the game looks unappealing, I have to mute the music, the extra stages seem geared to make you spend and timer mechanics are inherently annoying. Concept has potential and maybe the end game is worth it but this is just not a fun match 3 game from what I've played.

Etria

Yeah, using Feebas was a good shout (thanks internet). Otherwise, the stage would be close to impossible I think (without using items at least).

Feebas as the fourth Pokemon worked fine with my Mega Ampharos, Sceptile, and Zapdos/Raikou. Got lucky and beat Milotic without items but only got C rank :p

Now trying to S-rank all of the remaining Pokemon after finishing all of the main stages. Haven't even unlocked EX 20 yet :/

Hegarol

So guys, what are we expecting for Monday? New daily challenges of course and I think a normal event with a new competitive event the monday after that.

Top Bottom