• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

enoki

Caught Spinda on my first try, using Mega Altaria, Kyogre, and Treecko.

Encountered two more Spindas in a row, so I tried switching my Kyogre for Auroras. Encountered but didn't catch a Cherubi.

Encountered and did not defeat Carvanha.

Switched to Mega Ampharos, Dragonite, Treecko. Encountered but did not catch Cherrim on my 6th turn.

Kito

The way caught pokemon reappear make this thing a drag. If there was a legend in the mix with a bad catch rate and sponge HP I'd be pissed.

Razmos

Carvahna is absolutely disgusting. Even using all super-effective pokemon it's an absolute bitch to beat, and when you do the catch rate is sooo low.

I even beat Spinda with an S-rank (8-moves left) and the catch rate was only 27%

Eurghhhhh

EDIT: And Cherrim is a damage sponge too, fantastic, also with a 5% catch rate.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Carvanha twice, failed to catch with 5% rate.

Spinda twice as well, but first time was like 8%, then 2nd time, I beat it in ONE move, but then still didn't catch it with 3#%....

Least I got Cherubi my first attempt at about 2#%.

Team I'm using is Lv. 9 Lucario, Lv. 9 Scyther, & Lv. 7 Scizor.

Growlie19

Caught Cherubi and Spinda, but failed to capture Cherrim. I did not encounter Carvanha or Sharpedo yet. It's really stupid that repeats can occur, though.

Kito

Maybe there's a pattern to their appearance? E.g. when the time ends in 2 or 3 Cherubi appears, 4 or 5 Carvanha, etc. There's no way I can beat Carvanha without an item. Now I have to gamble items, what has Shuffle come to :(

Meh @ Safari.

I guess it is a good way to speed through the hearts if you're in a hurry.

Seeing them again all the time even after you've caught a Pokemon when looking for something else then when you finally get it you gotta hope you can win then you gotta hope you can catch it is a bit much.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm starting to notice I'm getting each Pokemon twice, then switches. Tried a 6th time, got Cherubi again.

How many are there total? 5?

Edt: UUGGGHHHH, Cherubi a THIRD time. WTF.

Best bet is to take a neutral Mega Evolution and 2 Bug-type Pokémon. Had ease catching all with that

With the exception of Carnvaha, whose stage is short and only 4 columns, I think you're better off going with gengar and 2 super effective, even though he's not very effective on several of the mons. The ease of combos when you remove all the mega gengars is too good to pass up.

RiggyRob

With the exception of Carnvaha, whose stage is short and only 4 columns, I think you're better off going with gengar and 2 super effective, even though he's not very effective on several of the mons. The ease of combos when you remove all the mega gengars is too good to pass up.

Good call, just caught Cherrim and Spinda using Gengar instead of Lucario.

octopiggy

Used about 15 hearts so far today and only caught 1 pokemon. Haven't even seen Sharpedo yet.

This is going to be horrible. Catch rates are so bad, it isn't even worth using great balls.

I beat Spinda in one turn :lol

Mega Gengar is useful for three-Pokémon stages. It evolves in a few matches and then you're left with what is basically a two-Pokémon stage, which means crazy combos. Might help with Carvanha if you've got a couple of super-effectives to take in with it.

Mega Gengar is useful for three-Pokémon stages. It evolves in a few matches and then you're left with what is basically a two-Pokémon stage, which means crazy combos. Might help with Carvanha if you've got a couple of super-effectives to take in with it.

Carvanha is troublesome because without the extra 2 columns, it's harder to get big combos, and the small turn limit means by the time you mega evolve gengar, the stage is almost over. It's the only one of the 5 I think using a third super effective might be more appropriate than gengar. Probably Mega Lucario if you have it.

I went with your advice and yeah it really helped with Spinda. He won't be caught though!

Edit: After 4 tries, got him!

Carvanha is troublesome because without the extra 2 columns, it's harder to get big combos, and the small turn limit means by the time you mega evolve gengar, the stage is almost over. It's the only one of the 5 I think using a third super effective might be more appropriate than gengar. Probably Mega Lucario if you have it.

Gengar evolves really quickly. We're talking four matches into a combo, which is possible in one turn sometimes!

I went with your advice and yeah it really helped with Spinda. He won't be caught though!

Edit: After 4 tries, got him!

Hah, yeah, even beating him in one turn, with 11 turns left, I only had a 36% chance of capture.

Kito

No sign of Cherrim but Sharpedo finally appeared. Beaten in five turns using Lv5 Gengar/Scizor/Scyther then caught with Great Ball at 74%. Idc about the rest for now - he's the only that mattered in case of a future Sharpedonite competition.

Spinda keeps popping up for me even though I've already caught it! I think I have seen Spinda 5 out of the last 10 plays I've done. So stupid.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I like this better than the Daily Pokémon events.

Used about 15 hearts so far today and only caught 1 pokemon. Haven't even seen Sharpedo yet.

This is going to be horrible. Catch rates are so bad, it isn't even worth using great balls.

It's never worth using Great Balls.

Tyeforce

So, the other day (before the Pokémon Safari update), I StreetPassed someone from a Nintendo Zone that had cleared 201 stages and caught 204 Pokémon. My game says I've only cleared 200 stages and caught 203 Pokémon, though, but I'm pretty sure that I had already caught all the Pokémon available so far? I got all the event ones (Rotom forms, the five others after that, Mew, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and Keldeo), including the two Mega Stones (for Mega Lucario and Mega Blastoise), and I've definitely completed all the main stages, so I'm not sure how that person had 201/204? Does anyone know what's happening here? Is the maximum number of stages/Pokémon 200/203 or 201/204 (before the latest update), and if it's the latter what could I possibly be missing?!

Sendou

Tried playing this but honestly I wasn't too impressed. Even ignoring the usual F2P hooks which is never a design I'm fond it's just not a strong game beneath. Low presentation values. Match 3 gameplay with this time Pokémons in it. Even the Pokémon aspect is played down. So many Pokémons just have the same skills. You can't evolve them. How is this Pokémon? I don't know. It just smells like Iwata was one day checking out App Store and saw Candy Crush Saga on the top grossing and decided they have to get on that without really giving it much of a though.

I really hope Nintendo steps their game up when it comes to F2P. There's definitely potential in there but they have to find their own way instead of imitating others. As seen here the result is not good.

Spinda keeps popping up for me even though I've already caught it! I think I have seen Spinda 5 out of the last 10 plays I've done. So stupid.

Yeah I got Sharpedo as my first one, failed to even beat it, and now have gotten nothing but Spinda and Cherubi since then (about 10 attempts since then). It's pretty frustrating.

I streetpassed someone with 1601 shuffle tags.

Solid effort.

Dang, I thought my 100+ was cool.

Sad I've barely got any Rumble World tags...

I like the safari event too, but I'm disappointed to learn there are only 5 Pokemon (so far?). Only caught 2 of them though.

Chopper

I've used 20 hearts on the safari. Caught 3 of the mons, failed to catch Carvanha a couple of times. Never even seen Sharpedo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Managed to find & capture Cherrim, plus finally caught Spinda. Now I just need Carvanha. Haven't see Sharpedo.

Any tips for S-ranking Bagon? Even with Mega Start, +5 moves, & Distortion Delay, I can't get it. Am I gonna have to go further & get a Complexity -1 as well?

-Horizon-

I'm sure there are a bunch of people who have had longer combos but to me, the 126 combo I got on the Spinda safari stage was ridiculous. I thought my game was glitching out because it wouldn't stop.

Growlie19

All I'm missing now is Mewtwo, Genesect, Carvanha, and Sharpedo. I've never seen Sharpedo, but I managed to beat Carvanha once, but the 5% chance to catch didn't work out.

Pokemaniac

Is Sharpedo super rare or something? I haven't even seen one yet. Of course, the only ones the game seems to want to give me for the past 5 or so tries are Cherubi and Spinda, the two I've already caught.

With appearance rates compounded over catch rates this event is fun in theory but I'm not sure I like the hypothetical results.
If you don't spend hearts and coins to boost your chances, it seems pretty likely that you could miss one of these 5 easily.

12 days seems like plenty of time to catch them all.

But I really dislike this "gatcha" mechanic that Japanese developers put in their games. Getting copies isn't fun and just makes things frustrating. I'm still missing a hat in Smash 3DS because collecting hats from the Challenge Board adds them into the custom parts pool.

Top Bottom