• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY. Found & captured Sharpedo with 12 moves left. Thankfully did it on my first attempt with no items or Great Ball.

Now I'm done with the stupid safari & can go back for grinding for coins & leveling up certain Pokemon, mainly the ones that'll have Mega forms eventually.

Finally encountered Sharpedo, but didn't manage to catch it.

The Gengar plus 2 bugs combo is mostly effective though.

Except against Carvanha. Guess I should try the swaps suggested.

stolin

Here, have another Spinda.... :(

Edit: got sharpedo and that flower thing (forgot it's name). So with carvanha, cherry, and spinda as well that should be everything right?

Check your Pokemon List.. Current Safari has the following

227 Carvanha
228 Sharpedo
229 Spinda
230 Cherubi
231 Cherrim

LycanXIII

I lost my stylus during the Lucario event, so I stopped playing. Finally got a new one, saw that I missed out on some Daily Pokes, so I've lost all motivation to keep playing.

I finally caught Carvanha after figuring out the "one weird trick' giving me consistent 2-turn-clears. Did it after the third heart use for the session. (It was Carvanha, then Cherubi, which I already have, before the capture.)

For some reason, after catching it, the game decided to keep rolling Carvanha after him. I want my Cherrim and Sharpedo!

hirokazu

There are also loads of different skills, sure some are repeated but it makes every team selection a strategic choice before every battle.

My main complaint is that they could probably make it easier to find Pokémon with certain skill effects. No, being able to search by skill name means nothing to me because I have no idea what skill names correspond to what skill effects.

My main complaint is that they could probably make it easier to find Pokémon with certain skill effects. No, being able to search by skill name means nothing to me because I have no idea what skill names correspond to what skill effects.

Won't argue with that, there's a few things that would improve the search. Like, instead of sorting Pokémon by type, it'd be more useful to choose a type and have a list of the Pokémon that are super-effective.

Chris1

I sort of agree with Sendou about not being able to evolve your pokemon, I think you should be able to through at least some way, 90% of my pokemon are completely useless as they are too low level, some way to evolve them would at least make them worthwhile eventually.

I sort of agree with Sendou about not being able to evolve your pokemon, I think you should be able to through at least some way, 90% of my pokemon are completely useless as they are too low level, some way to evolve them would at least make them worthwhile eventually.

90% of Pokémon are useless in any Pokémon game, whether you can evolve them or not. It's just the way of things.

Safari is so shitty, lets add another layer of random bullshit to a game with already random layers of shit.

I need Sharpedo but he never appears, even if he does I have to beat him then hope to catch - I have no idea how many turns I've wasted at this point. :|

Elija2

Alright, I think I got all the Safari Pokemon. Eventually I just gave up and started buying Great Balls. Fuck that shit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I want it to go back to weekday Pokemon. You know who you're gonna get & you can actually prepare with +5 Moves & such.

I really like this safari game. I'm not annoyed about not being able to catch them because I've got two weeks, they're pretty easy to beat with the right team, and if it's looking desperate at the end I can just great ball them. I'm not worried at all that I won't be able to catch any of them.

The daily Pokémon were okay, but as someone who's finished all the main stages I'd just play them once, beat them easily, catch them easily and then I'd have nothing left to do. Safari zone has kept me playing way longer.

I just caught Cherrim with four moves remaining.

This pretty much just leaves Sharpedo. Is he really rare?

I'm seeing Cherrim waaaaay less than anyone else.

Spinda and Cherubi LOADS, Carvanha a fair bit, Sharpedo now and then and Cherrim hardly ever. I've no idea if it's deliberately weighted like that though or just the way the randomness happens to be working out for me.

Zeeman

Just have Sharpedo and Cherrim left. It's funny, I saw all 5 safari Pokemon in the first 6 rounds I played yesterday, so I was like, oh, I don't need to waste coins on a Great Ball right now, I'll just wait for them to come around again. I think I've seen Cherrim one time since and Sharpedo not at all.

OmegaX

I had to waste 2 great balls to capture Sharpedo, and I failed my second attempt to capture Carvanha.
I hate the Safari event. I haven't even seen Cherrim. All safari Pokemon should hace the same chance to appear or at least already captured pokemon should get a decreased chance.

-Horizon-

I had to waste 2 great balls to capture Sharpedo, and I failed my second attempt to capture Carvanha.
I hate the Safari event. I haven't even seen Cherrim. All safari Pokemon should hace the same chance to appear or at least already captured pokemon should get a decreased chance.

Yeah, the amount of spindas I got yesterday alone was ridiculous.

Fewr

Took me three days of shuffling constantly to see sharpedo for the first time. Of course I used a great ball. Id rather do meowth to get my money back than keep hoping for another appearance of this.

It's been awhile since I updated so I just got the Safari Event up. I caught 3 out of the 5(?) pokemon in it. I also beat Mega Aerodactyl (who looks really cool with the beard by the way).

I'm going to try to catch the remaining 2 pokemon in the Safari, and then balance getting S ranks with catching Expert pokemon. Hopefully I get some good distance before the next event.

Hi guys I know this is unrelated to shuffle but my junior status limits my thread making. Do you have any recommendations for a pokemon game for a 6 year old? My oldest is fanatical about Pokémon and we bought him a 3DS for his upcoming birthday. I just don't know which pokemon is the most accessible for a younger kid.

Robin64

Hi guys I know this is unrelated to shuffle but my junior status limits my thread making. Do you have any recommendations for a pokemon game for a 6 year old? My oldest is fanatical about Pokémon and we bought him a 3DS for his upcoming birthday. I just don't know which pokemon is the most accessible for a younger kid.

If you want a mainline game, not a spin-off, then go for the latest one which is Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. There's a lot of reading though, just keep that in mind.

Chris1

If you want a mainline game, not a spin-off, then go for the latest one which is Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. There's a lot of reading though, just keep that in mind.
X or Y is a good choice too, I found it much easier than ORAS. May be best to start him out on that?

ORAS is the better game though

Check your Pokemon List.. Current Safari has the following

227 Carvanha
228 Sharpedo
229 Spinda
230 Cherubi
231 Cherrim

I've only seen Sharpedo once. That was this morning and I got lucky and caught him! I still don't have Carvanha or Cherrim though. I wasted three PokeBalls/7500 coins trying to get Carvanha thinking 32% x 3 is pretty damn close to 100%. Not close enough.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking Carvanha I swear. Doesn't even show up anymore.

Kito

Spookify: Leaves the foe spooked. Is this like the Burn ability - powers up ghost type damage? Does Freeze operate this way too, or is it a Paralyse clone?

Razmos

I was actually thinking today that "Spooked" might be a good status effect to bring over to the mainline games. Give Ghost types a bit more of an edge.

Spookify: Leaves the foe spooked. Is this like the Burn ability - powers up ghost type damage? Does Freeze operate this way too, or is it a Paralyse clone?
But yeah, Spooked is the ghost equivalent of Burn. Pretty sure frozen is a paralyze clone, yes.

stolin

So my theory is the encounter rate varies depending on the time of day. I would say 15-20 heart range yesterday I saw only one Sharkpedo. This morning a little before 8 am EST(12 pm GMT) THREE times in a row I face Sharkpedo. First match beat him in 4 moves 39% capture rate fail(almost wasted a Great Ball), Second match beat him in 1 move 45% capture rate and catch him. My team is Mega Gengar/Xerneas/Heracross

I think there's some truth to this from my assessment. In the past few evenings I never saw a Sharkpedo, but in the mornings before 9am I've seen quite a few.. Mileage may vary..

Kito

I was actually thinking today that "Spooked" might be a good status effect to bring over to the mainline games. Give Ghost types a bit more of an edge.

I fear Spook would just be another skin for Paralyse. It should do something interesting, like make normal pokemon susceptible to ghost type moves.

Top Bottom