• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

I'm sure there are a bunch of people who have had longer combos but to me, the 126 combo I got on the Spinda safari stage was ridiculous. I thought my game was glitching out because it wouldn't stop.

I thought it was impossible till I just got a 136, I just love that sound.

This Safari is just obnoxious. I just got five Spinda in a row and I've still never even seen a Sharpedo. Things you've already caught should have a lowered chance of appearing until you catch all five or something.

So how often does this happen? I had five tries, and the moment the bout started, a combination chain starts going off(again, I have not made a single move yet), and it ends with the damn pokemon defeating itself in a 38 hit combo. Is this known to happen?

The catch rate percentage was at MAX.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The more I play the safari, the more I'm not a fan of it. I feel like I can't really prepare for it because I don't want to take the risk of losing my coins for a Mega Start & then it's a Pokemon I already have.

Carvanha is a pain to catch (when he actually appears), & I haven't even seen Sharpedo.

So how often does this happen? I had five tries, and the moment the bout started, a combination chain starts going off(again, I have not made a single move yet), and it ends with the damn pokemon defeating itself in a 38 hit combo. Is this known to happen?

The catch rate percentage was at MAX.
I had that happen in that exact Pokemon to lol

Elija2

Am I just supposed to randomly pick my group of Pokemon and hope that they're super-effective against the random Pokemon I get?

Am I just supposed to randomly pick my group of Pokemon and hope that they're super-effective against the random Pokemon I get?

Well, the only types in there are Grass, Dark, and Normal. Grass and Dark share a Bug weakness, and Normal and Dark share a Fighting weakness. So you don't have to be totally random.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My team of Mega Gengar (easy to reach Mega & really helps with the insane combos), Scyther, & Scizor. Any suggestions as to what else would make good teams?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, Heracross has "Crowd Control", which does more damage the more of them that're on the board. Maybe I should level him up, considering it's only 3 Pokemon, then made 2 after Gengar's Mega ability.

Pokemaniac

Hmmm, Heracross has "Crowd Control", which does more damage the more of them that're on the board. Maybe I should level him up, considering it's only 3 Pokemon, then made 2 after Gengar's Mega ability.

Plus Heracross will get a Mega Stone Eventually. It would be good to get it some experience to prepare for that. For the last couple Mega Stones I got, the Pokemon were still at Level 1, so I needed to level them up a bit to be useful.

Tried playing this but honestly I wasn't too impressed. Even ignoring the usual F2P hooks which is never a design I'm fond it's just not a strong game beneath. Low presentation values. Match 3 gameplay with this time Pokémons in it. Even the Pokémon aspect is played down. So many Pokémons just have the same skills. You can't evolve them. How is this Pokémon? I don't know. It just smells like Iwata was one day checking out App Store and saw Candy Crush Saga on the top grossing and decided they have to get on that without really giving it much of a though.

I really hope Nintendo steps their game up when it comes to F2P. There's definitely potential in there but they have to find their own way instead of imitating others. As seen here the result is not good.

You're so wrong on every level, here. Shuffle is a great F2P game.

The game is hard in places but the game gives you more than enough coins to overcome the few difficulty spikes. The timer is no problem at all. "The usual hooks" aren't restrictive like in most F2P games. There's nothing at all in Shuffle that feels like you can only achieve it by paying actual dollars for it. Everything so far has genuinely been doable for free. It's Pokémon through and through, with type advantages playing a massive role in a way that isn't present in stuff like Candy Crush. There are also loads of different skills, sure some are repeated but it makes every team selection a strategic choice before every battle.

Sounds to me like you didn't want to like it so you played it for an hour and tried to find as many things as you could to not like.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Got Sharpedo first try (after it didn't show up for like 40 rounds lol). Mega Lucario and a good bug team (a good constellation for all safari stages actually), and I got 14 moves left, netting me a 34% catching rate.

Kito

If the next competition's Mega follows the trend of being a new type, then it must be Flying, Poison, Ground, Bug, Fire, Grass or Fairy. In that case, these are 7 candidates available:

• Venusaur
  • Charizard
  • Pidgeot
  • Heracross
  • Scizor
  • Sceptile
  • Blaziken
Anything except Blaziken please.

blazeaire

Okay any tips for stage 90 Mega Mawile? been stuck there for days now and I'm using Groundon plus Phampy and Combusken. The only mega I can use is Sableye since the rest are normal type but honestly his mega doesn't even help that much since Mawile freezes everything :/ I've already wasted a mega start and don't wanna use my jewel so..yeah.

Is there any Pokemon that could stop his freezing or something? I think that's the biggest problem since it doesn't allow me to get more chains going once he starts doing it :(

Okay any tips for stage 90 Mega Mawile? been stuck there for days now and I'm using Groundon plus Phampy and Combusken. The only mega I can use is Sableye since the rest are normal type but honestly his mega doesn't even help that much since Mawile freezes everything :/ I've already wasted a mega start and don't wanna use my jewel so..yeah.

Is there any Pokemon that could stop his freezing or something? I think that's the biggest problem since it doesn't allow me to get more chains going once he starts doing it :(

If I recall, the key to that fight is just to use a Mega which is better at clearing disruptions. I'm sure I used the pink one whatever it's called. It won't be super-effective so you'll lose some raw attack power, but you'll more than make up for it by the disruptions being out of the way quicker allowing for better combos.

Kito

zl_Cfz_TRRn_Rga_YX2yf_M.jpg

Pokemon are always distributed in the same way for Carvanha. Puzzle maybe?

llehuty

Tried playing this but honestly I wasn't too impressed. Even ignoring the usual F2P hooks which is never a design I'm fond it's just not a strong game beneath. Low presentation values. Match 3 gameplay with this time Pokémons in it. Even the Pokémon aspect is played down. So many Pokémons just have the same skills. You can't evolve them. How is this Pokémon? I don't know. It just smells like Iwata was one day checking out App Store and saw Candy Crush Saga on the top grossing and decided they have to get on that without really giving it much of a though.

I really hope Nintendo steps their game up when it comes to F2P. There's definitely potential in there but they have to find their own way instead of imitating others. As seen here the result is not good.

Huh? Since when is this a nintendo game?

Shahadan

I thought so too but I'm not sure if the falling pokés have the same pattern everytime.
If you have mega aerodactyl his mega will get rid of the blocks while doing big damage.

RiggyRob

It's not every time, but I think swapping the O icons in this pattern results in a big chain:

X-X-X-X
X-X-X-X
O-X-O-X
X-X-X-X
X-X-X-X
X-X-X-X

The Scizor group makes a vertical 3, which leads to two horizontal Scyther and two horizontal Gengar matches.

octopiggy

Finally got all 5!

My guess would be about 50 hearts used. I only saw Sharpedo twice but it's not too bad if you get a good start before it uses it's disruptions. I used a great ball to catch a Cherrim in the end because I was getting so frustrated.
Carvahna was my last with a 16% catch rate.

So glad to get that out of the way. Let's hope they don't do another for a while.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thank god, Carvahna finally taken care of. Managed to beat him with 2 moves, used a Great Ball for 54% catch rate.

Now I just need to actually SEE Sharpedo.

Spinda and Cherubi.

Three more to go, 11 more days...

Why do I have a feeling that I'm going to miss out on at least one? Hey, at least it does capture the feel of old-style Safari Zones...low catch rates, random availability, and they'd just bolt most of the time...

Razmos

Spinda and Cherubi.

Three more to go, 11 more days...

Why do I have a feeling that I'm going to miss out on at least one? Hey, at least it does capture the feel of old-style Safari Zones...low catch rates, random availability, and they'd just bolt most of the time...
Be grateful there are no shinies.

Chopper

It's not every time, but I think swapping the O icons in this pattern results in a big chain:

X-X-X-X
X-X-X-X
O-X-O-X
X-X-X-X
X-X-X-X
X-X-X-X

The Scizor group makes a vertical 3, which leads to two horizontal Scyther and two horizontal Gengar matches.
Good catch. I just tried Carvanha twice using this technique. Had to use two moves, but 27% catch rate was enough for me to bag it e second time.

Just Sharpedo to go. Saw him earlier, but failed to catch it at 30-something%

Chris1

Finally saw Sharpedo!

Bastard required 3 great balls at 66% just so I don't have to look for it for days!

I still haven't seen him yet, and I must have used a good 40-50 hearts by now..

This is bullshit, I wouldn't even be mad if they had an option to run into a pokemon of your choice 100% chance for a jewel or like 20k coins.

Robin64

Still haven't seen Cherrim in the 40 - 50 hearts I've spend. Weird.

Happy they went with the Sunshine Form, though, it's so much more adorable.

First twelve hearts or so I saw nothing but Spinda and Carvanah. I figured there were only two in the Safari each day. So when I first saw Cherium I head over here to report my discovery only to find there are two more pokes I haven't seen.

So my theory is the encounter rate varies depending on the time of day. I would say 15-20 heart range yesterday I saw only one Sharkpedo. This morning a little before 8 am EST(12 pm GMT) THREE times in a row I face Sharkpedo. First match beat him in 4 moves 39% capture rate fail(almost wasted a Great Ball), Second match beat him in 1 move 45% capture rate and catch him. My team is Mega Gengar/Xerneas/Heracross
zlCfzTRQEQY30g5dfa_zpsto4ipjat.jpg

Kito

The second and last swap for Carvanha:
(if your team is Gengar/Scizor/Scyther)

X-X-X-X
O-X-X-X
X-X-X-X
X-X-X-X
X-X-O-X
X-X-X-X

Chris1

Finally ran into Sharpedo. Caught it first try with a regular pokeball.

Also caved and used items on Mewtwo and caught him, though the safari made my day a bit frustrating, in the end it's been a good day of shuffle for me

Pokemaniac

Despite having now caught all of the other Pokemon in the Safari, I still haven't even seen a Sharpedo. At this point, when I do see one I'm probably going to use a Great Ball if I don't catch it first try. I don't want to have to wait for a second one to appear.

Despite having now caught all of the other Pokemon in the Safari, I still haven't even seen a Sharpedo. At this point, when I do see one I'm probably going to use a Great Ball if I don't catch it first try. I don't want to have to wait for a second one to appear.

This is what I did. I threw Great Balls at it until it stayed in there.

Top Bottom