• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

blazeaire

Omfg, finally, FINALLY beat Mega Mawile, seriously had to catch Charizard and use 5 moves plus but thank god for that. I literally only had 1 move left too :S

CassSept

I don't think I've seen Sharpedo or Cherrim even once. I caught the other three on the first day and since the others did not even show up once.

gerudoman

Had to spend 5000 coins in two Super Balls to get Sharpedo, in over 40 tries it was the second time I came across him. Really frustrating event indeed.

*is still trying to catch Mightyena in a "go back to previous stages and catch the uncaught ones" spree*

If only I could find a way to consistently S-rank...

Caught Sharpedo finally. Looks like they appear more frequently in the afternoon if going by posts in the thread.

Best wishes to those still on Safari.

Pokemon Safari is dumb. Don't do this again. The End!

PetrCobra

Spent some coins on Great Balls but now I have Safari out of my way. Gonna try some Expert stages and also attempt to get more S ranks. Stage 180 is still too much for me I think.

Dominator

Really bummed I can only play this for about 10 minutes and then I have to wait 2 and a half hours to play more lol

Just started today but I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Usually don't really like these kinds of games but the fact that you can catch the Pokemon and make a squad out of it is really unique to this genre.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Been farming Charizard for 5 days now, to be able to beat Mega Glalie, and the highest percentage I've hit has been 36% and still he escapes.

Though, at least I got Groudon before he goes disappearing off.

Whelp. I went and did it. I spent all 15000+ coins I have on Great Balling Cherrim with no results (about a 34% chance). Looks like I'm going to have to use Jewels for the first time to stock up. Still need Spinda too.

One saving grace of this Safari is that 4 of the 5 pokemon are weak to one type of pokemon (Bug), and 3 of the 5 are weak to another type (Fighting). Planning parties to catch them wasn't so hard thanks to that, and once you start catching some you can narrow it down even more.

One saving grace of this Safari is that 4 of the 5 pokemon are weak to one type of pokemon (Bug), and 3 of the 5 are weak to another type (Fighting). Planning parties to catch them wasn't so hard thanks to that, and once you start catching some you can narrow it down even more.

Best team is Mega Gengar, Lucario, and Scizor. Lucario and Scizor are replaceable with same type.

Going back and S-Ranking previous stages.

Sawk and Throh are quite tough with their disruptions. Haven't gotten better than A.

Needed a Moves+5 to S-Rank Liepard.

Forgot how annoying Mega Mawile was without items.

Best team is Mega Gengar, Lucario, and Scizor. Lucario and Scizor are replaceable with same type.

I used Mega Gengar/Genesect/Xernas.

Xernas because if a combo ended and didn't have many more Mega Gengars spawn, then Quirky+ means you have slightly more of your remaining pokemon left, meaning even more combos.

Genesect and Heracross have crowd control, which also has good synergy with the 3 pokemon stages (More damage the more of a pokemon you have on the field). Better than Scyther/Scizors powers at any rate, which if I remember rightly is that one which triggers more damage on the last 3 moves. Heracross has the same attack as Scyther/Scizor too.

CassSept

Finally got Sharpedo. The disruptions on this stage are crazy, but at least with only 3 types of Pokemon you can get some great damage on the first move, do massive damage and fill mega gauge quickly.

ReiGun

Mega Mewtwo...you guys....

mjcry1.png

Chris1

I can't even beat Xerneas' special stage to catch him lol

I caved and used items, went from beating him every now and then to beating him with 1:02 left and catching first try. 11k or whatever coins well spent I think.

Only pokemon I have left is yveltal (will catch him soon with coins, hopefully) and then genesect who I don't have enough S ranks for anyways, after I get yveltal I'll probably just farm mewoth till 99k coins and sit back until the next few events.

-Horizon-

I caved and used items, went from beating him every now and then to beating him with 1:02 left and catching first try. 11k or whatever coins well spent I think.

Only pokemon I have left is yveltal (will catch him soon with coins, hopefully) and then genesect who I don't have enough S ranks for anyways, after I get yveltal I'll probably just farm mewoth till 99k coins and sit back until the next few events.

I can beat Yveltal no problem (of course I can't catch it lol) but Xerneas stage is just impossible for me.

Kito

I can beat Yveltal no problem (of course I can't catch it lol) but Xerneas stage is just impossible for me.

I used Lv5 or 6 Mawile/Bronzong/Nidoqueen/Nidoking to regularly defeat Xerneas without items before catching it. My tip would be to first focus on removing frozen pokemon and then to prioritise matching Nidoqueen in fours - it significantly increases damage (+100).

Which pokemon are you using for Yveltal? Still can't beat him. Need Lucarionite...

Chris1

Yveltal I can beat him every now and then, I think it'll be better to just cave and use items since I'm not spending coins on anything else anyways, and the amount of hearts I waste trying to catch it, even if I could beat him every time, I'd be better off farming mewoth for ~20k coins for items and great balls. Edit: Just tried again randomly and managed to beat him with 6 seconds left.. Not sure if I've gotten better at timed stages or if Xerneas is helping that much. Maybe I won't need coins after all..

I used the same team as moskito and it took me ages to get used to Xerneas stage before i could beat him, then it was 1-2 times per 5 hearts so items worked out better for me for xerneas than trying to catch/beat him legit.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So I only have Mewtwo left to catch, and I can't even beat him, he always has ~10% health left. Team is Mega Gengar, Yveltal, Scyther and Heracross, all Lv.7. Should I go all-out with my coins (and I have enough coins to go all-out once) or just level more? Use another team? I just want to get it over with :|

Finally got Sharpedo. The disruptions on this stage are crazy, but at least with only 3 types of Pokemon you can get some great damage on the first move, do massive damage and fill mega gauge quickly.
I think the worst thing was how encountering him was so hard. He got wrecked with the team I posted.

Still got Expert Mode to catch, ugh.
After playing Huniepop, I wish this game was more like that.

Junahu

Clown-im-OP said:
So I only have Mewtwo left to catch, and I can't even beat him, he always has ~10% health left. Team is Mega Gengar, Yveltal, Scyther and Heracross, all Lv.7. Should I go all-out with my coins (and I have enough coins to go all-out once) or just level more? Use another team? I just want to get it over with :|
If you go all out and can't afford some great balls, you might not capture Mewtwo, and you'll reeeeeally regret that.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
If you go all out and can't afford some great balls, you might not capture Mewtwo, and you'll reeeeeally regret that.

Yep, just farm mewoth until you have 20-25k coins then go out and use great balls if you need to.
Yeah, will do that. Shouldn't take too long, and the weekend is coming.

Kito

Meowth grinders: what team do you frequently use? And how often do you get 5 coin matches? (or do you never risk it and aim for 4)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Meowth grinders: what team do you frequently use? And how often do you get 5 coin matches? (or do you never risk it and aim for 4)
I've just been using a Fighting team. Problem is, either my team is too strong, or they're too weak if I just use Pokemon that'd do normal damage to him. I've had times where I'd set up for a 4 or 5 coin match, only for the game to do a combo that's do too much damage, or I couldn't do enough so I got nothing.

Chris1

I generally just go for 4 and as for team.. I pick whoever needs trained up and will be useful really. Doing that, I've gotten all future mega's and useful pokemon to level 5+ except for:

Xerneas - level 4 (just caught)
Mewtwo - level 1 (he removes disruptions)
Sharpedo - level 4 (just caught)

My current team is - Sharpedo, Xerneas, Banette and Scizor. Scizor because I need to train him up higher than scyther, so scyther stops being put in my team when I optimize but he's level 6. It's probably not the best way to do it, but that way I don't need to really bother training up any new pokemon that gets a megastone because they'll be level 5+ already. I don't always beat him, or get a successful coin match but hey, if not then at least the pokemon I'll need to train up in future is getting a small amount of xp aswell..

I use a Fighting-Type (Lucario) and 3 filler (No disruption removal). I go for 4-matches unless the layout allows me to move all the coins over to one side quickly without creating too many combos.

Top Bottom