• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Oh my
on Mega Aerodactyl actually removes the falling breakable blocks.
That changed everything

Only Timburr left to S-rank
Not looking forward to it

Did you have to use Complexity -1 to S-Rank on Timburr? I can't get more than 15 moves left without items. I'm using Mewtwo Y/Xerneas/Slobro/Snubbull.

Bought +5 Moves, Mega Start, and Complexity -1 against Timburr. S Ranked and never ever going to be touched again.

I've got the coinage I just don't think it's necessary to use that much on Timburr, I'm so close. Though he's one of three remaining S-Rank so I don't have much left to do.

I've got the coinage I just don't think it's necessary to use that much on Timburr, I'm so close. Though he's one of three remaining S-Rank so I don't have much left to do.

Probably. But I got to the point where I'd be better off grinding for coins with Meowth rather than dump 800-2800 coins on Timburr and try to get lucky.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
About 200 more coins & I can afford Complexity -1, +5 Moves, Distortion Delay, & Mega Start for Bagon. Only regular stage I still need to S-rank, then Mega Mewtwo & Mega Aerodactyl.

-Horizon-

I used Lv5 or 6 Mawile/Bronzong/Nidoqueen/Nidoking to regularly defeat Xerneas without items before catching it. My tip would be to first focus on removing frozen pokemon and then to prioritise matching Nidoqueen in fours - it significantly increases damage (+100).

Which pokemon are you using for Yveltal? Still can't beat him. Need Lucarionite...
Sounds like a plan, I'll try it.

Yeah, for me I use Mega Lucario, Scizor, Scyther, and Heracross.

Mega Lucario just helps with making it easier to clear the stupid fog so I can match faster.

Yveltal I can beat him every now and then, I think it'll be better to just cave and use items since I'm not spending coins on anything else anyways, and the amount of hearts I waste trying to catch it, even if I could beat him every time, I'd be better off farming mewoth for ~20k coins for items and great balls. Edit: Just tried again randomly and managed to beat him with 6 seconds left.. Not sure if I've gotten better at timed stages or if Xerneas is helping that much. Maybe I won't need coins after all..

I used the same team as moskito and it took me ages to get used to Xerneas stage before i could beat him, then it was 1-2 times per 5 hearts so items worked out better for me for xerneas than trying to catch/beat him legit.
I still need to start this coin farming everyone is mentioning. I keep running low now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WELL.

I finally S-ranked Bagon thanks to Complexity -1.

......and thanks to Distortion Delay & Mega Start, I did it within 4 moves. Think +5 Moves was a bit overkill, but oh well. Just two more & I can unlock EX21.

If the next competition's Mega follows the trend of being a new type, then it must be Flying, Poison, Ground, Bug, Fire, Grass or Fairy. In that case, these are 7 candidates available:

• Venusaur
  • Charizard
  • Pidgeot
  • Heracross
  • Scizor
  • Sceptile
  • Blaziken
Anything except Blaziken please.

We should see one on the 27th if they keep up this week on two weeks off pattern.

I don't think we'll see Pidgeot because everyone has a strong electric team from Mega Blastoise event. And it doesn't seem like they would give M Blastoise winners an advantage so soon by having a Fire type next. My money is on a bug type. With only Mega Aerodactyl super effective and all the rock types we just dealt with in the last area they will be put to good use before we move onto Pedra Valley.

Loptous

So I only have Mewtwo left to catch, and I can't even beat him, he always has ~10% health left. Team is Mega Gengar, Yveltal, Scyther and Heracross, all Lv.7. Should I go all-out with my coins (and I have enough coins to go all-out once) or just level more? Use another team? I just want to get it over with :|
I recommend using a dark-type team with Zoroark as the center of the strategy.
You might want to keep Gengar for your Mega though.

Did you have to use Complexity -1 to S-Rank on Timburr? I can't get more than 15 moves left without items. I'm using Mewtwo Y/Xerneas/Slobro/Snubbull.

Yes, I used everything. Slowbro was my mega btw and my team was around 7-10.
I personally didn't have much trouble catching it with that setup, but I know some people who did even with using all items. So still be careful.

So I went ahead and bought my way to Genesect only to find this...

zlCfzTRwgaw-1UoE6i_zpsn213qo8s.jpg

Like the Timburr stage there's some Mega evolve glitch. Note the unevolved Aerodactyl in the bottom right behind smoke. But since there are already a couple who have defeated him, there's hope in my early futile attempts.

Heatran, Entei and Pupitar are really hard to see behind smoke. Charizard/Blaziken/Aurous stand out but are all underleveled for me. I guess it wouldn't hurt to spend time on the Amphraos stage with this team since 3 of them will mega evolve at some point.

I haven't seen Sharpedo in 3 DAYS! He's the last one I have left and I must've burned through at least 80-90 hearts. Worst part is that he was actually the very first dude I encountered when I started the safari and I didn't bother using a great ball because I figured Id see him again.

why do I care so much? ugh

So I went ahead and bought my way to Genesect only to find this...

zlCfzTRwgaw-1UoE6i_zpsn213qo8s.jpg

Like the Timburr stage there's some Mega evolve glitch. Note the unevolved Aerodactyl in the bottom right behind smoke. But since there are already a couple who have defeated him, there's hope in my early futile attempts.

Heatran, Entei and Pupitar are really hard to see behind smoke. Charizard/Blaziken/Aurous stand out but are all underleveled for me. I guess it wouldn't hurt to spend time on the Amphraos stage with this team since 3 of them will mega evolve at some point.

FWIW, I don't think Aerodactyl is a good mega for Genesect. When it hits low HP, it will start spamming barriers that will slow you down way too much if you are dealing with them conventionally (which is your only option if Aerodactyl is your Mega). You're better off using something will clear chunks of the board (it will also clear the smoke). I used Ampharos because it takes no positioning compared to something like Blastoise, but it is also random.

I haven't seen Sharpedo in 3 DAYS! He's the last one I have left and I must've burned through at least 80-90 hearts. Worst part is that he was actually the very first dude I encountered when I started the safari and I didn't bother using a great ball because I figured Id see him again.

why do I care so much? ugh
I'm actually seriously starting to wonder if that time based theory that someone had mentioned earlier is holding any water. I've been running into Cherrim more although I still haven't caught it, while I have yet to see Sharpedo again which fortunately I have caught.

I've seen Cherrim a few times today, and managed to catch it! Just Sharpedo to get now. Not worried though, I can beat it pretty easy when it turns up and will usually have a 30-40% chance of capture so it'll get caught before long. So far I've caught four Pokémon in four days, who needs daily Pokémon stages?

Kito

I don't think we'll see Pidgeot because everyone has a strong electric team from Mega Blastoise event. And it doesn't seem like they would give M Blastoise winners an advantage so soon by having a Fire type next. My money is on a bug type. With only Mega Aerodactyl super effective and all the rock types we just dealt with in the last area they will be put to good use before we move onto Pedra Valley.

By process of elimination it does reduce to bug (and grass - more shufflers have Glalitite than Aerodactylite). For selfish fanservice reasons I hope it's Venusaur but I can see it being Sceptile.

Chris1

Managed to catch Yveltal, after a couple of tries I beat him with 20 secs left and used a great ball to get 62% catch rate. That's me caught all pokemon except genesect who isn't really on my to do list. I'll get round to him when I get round to him.

Time to farm meowth for max coins and wait for the next event.

alexein

Finally , i saw sharpedo , beat it in 4 turns didnt catch it at 39% but i wouldnt take the risk so great ball and got him.
Just one more to go though cherrim and i saw him 6 times maybe

Caught Raichu at 27%, but it's hard to S-Rank.

Any tips? This is the stage where 3 columns are frozen Raichu, Pikachu, and Pichu. It's a 3 Pokemon stage so I was using Groudon, Donphan, and a Mega. A Mega start to clear the frozen columns might help.

I tried using Pikachu, Pichu, and a Mega once. Pulled off insane combos but since it did no damage I KO'ed him at 0 moves. :p

I tried using Pikachu, Pichu, and a Mega once. Pulled off insane combos but since it did no damage I KO'ed him at 0 moves. :p

Haha, I tried that too on that stage. Total failure :lol

If you're going to Mega Start, Kangaskhan will make light work of it. I can't remember how I beat it in the end, but it was probably like that.

Actually, it's a 13-move stage, which means to S-rank it you need to beat it with seven turns left. A moves+5 might be enough if you can beat it under normal conditions with two moves left, and that's not too big an ask.

I kinda wanna catch Sharpedo before the weekend, it'll be annoying knowing I'm missing one and not being able to try for days!

Is he extremely rare or something? I've seen him maybe 3 times in about 100 tries.

Edit: And I've gotten Spinda all 5 times today. Did they make it randomized daily or something?

SaintZ

YASSSS Sharpedo appeared at last and I got it. I had to use a Great Ball but it doesn't matter, I can move on with my life now.

I guess I'm just insanely unlucky then. On the first day, I wasted 4 or 5 great balls with about a 54% chance of winning each one and lost every single one. I basically never win unless it's at least a 75% chance.

Razmos

dnc.gif

FINALLY encountered Sharpedo.
Got really unlucky with the actual level though and it ended up with only a 25% catch rate. I failed to catch it, and used a great ball (50% chance). It broke out at 50% 4 times in a row before I finally caught it.

I don't regret wasting those coins at all, fuck this stupid event and i'm glad that it's over.

But of course Sharpedo only has an attack power of 60 despite being the rarest fucking pokemon in the game at this point, eurghhhhhhhh

No still won't... I have to beat him again don't i.....

It's probably the same thing that happened to me! You have to actually scroll across and select him from your list. If you optimised and he's in one of the other three slots, you can't just move him across to the mega slot. You have to actually do it from the list, and then he'll evolve.

If that doesn't work then yeah, I guess you're beating it again.

Chopper

We still have ten days to catch Sharpedo guys. Stop wasting your coins on great balls!

I haven't seen that fishy cunt in two days. I can't wait to great-ball his ass.

Razmos

We still have ten days to catch Sharpedo guys. Stop wasting your coins on great balls!

I haven't seen that fishy cunt in two days. I can't wait to great-ball his ass.
7 days.
It's been nearly half the event and I hadn't seen it once, If I can go that long without seeing it, it was highly possible I could have gone the entire event without finding it.

I'm so glad it's over and done with, so sick of wasting all my hearts on the safari every day and getting nowhere.

Top Bottom