• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

daydream

Banned
Only Sharpedo and Cherrim left now. The game recommended Snubbull against Carvanha and I totally caught it after acting upon that recommendation, so I assume he's just as good against Sharpedo.

wilflare

I spent all my previous gems...
so the 2 I have now are for Streetpassing 200 people (I think you get 1 for every 100)

EDIT: Safari stages are annoying since I can't Optimize... what should I bring again? :/

Placing my bet on a new rankings competition. Another Mega. Probably Mega Sharpedo.

I'm betting we see a Scizorite competition and someone from Black&White to replace Groudon... let's say Regigigas. I don't know I kind of feel like we'll see Jirachi and Deoxys soon to maintain the Ruby/Sapphire theme we've been seeing.

I hope Safari returns with at some point with new Pokes. I preferred having a reason to play the special stages more than once, nice change rather than beating the daily poke in one try and never looking back.

Chris1

I hope Safari returns with at some point with new Pokes. I preferred having a reason to play the special stages more than once, nice change rather than beating the daily poke in one try and never looking back.

That was nice but it was also a pain trying to get the rare pokemon. I feel if they bring it back you should be able to spend some coins to avoid getting a pokemon you've already caught.

That was nice but it was also a pain trying to get the rare pokemon. I feel if they bring it back you should be able to spend some coins to avoid getting a pokemon you've already caught.

I think if they just made the coin reward 200 instead of 30 you would see a lot less moaning. Beating Spinda 8 times in a row wouldn't feel like such a waste if you came away with 1600 coins.

Snownoob

Neo Member
I barely manage to find anything other than Spinda (or occasionally Cherubi), I've encountered Carvanha a few times, and Cherim and Sharpedo once each. Anyone else having better luck?

Well obviously there'd be less moaning if they gave free money away.
They gave out 1000 coins every Mew battle so it's not unrealistic. Besides 200 a match is a lot less than you'd get grinding Meowth's stage all day. Seems like a minor tweak like that would improve the Safari without impacting the act of spending real money.

Loptous

They gave out 1000 coins every Mew battle so it's not unrealistic.
Let's be real here. That was clearly a bug.

Talking about bugs, I am told that if you hard reset after using great balls and failling with them, your coins won't be spent.
The only drawback is that your score and rank won't be registered.

Robin64

Ha, Joe will be happy!

It's Celebi. Caught it as 25%, first go, heh.

Only attack power of 50 though.

It also added a new Pokemon after Celebi, number 233, who has a Mega. Looks like Pinsir.

LOLDSFAN

Celebi has never eluded me

image.php

Name that Pokemon! Looking at all the new silhouettes while humming the poke rap looks like Mega Tyrantar and M Salamence and M Pinsir are coming soon.

Hegarol

Could the pinsir be next weeks challenge and they don't want to have another patch for it, so they included it with 1.1.11?

Data via SCIRESM

Also, this was added, maybe it's in the safari?

Stage Index: 002
Pokemon: Pinsir
Hit Points: 6788
Moves Allowed: 16
Capture Rate: 03%
========

And a new stage (Competitive? My parser can't tell) was added (it'll probably go live next week?)
========
Stage Index: 005
Pokemon: Mega Banette
Hit Points: 1 (Placeholder)
Time Allowed: 00:00 (Placeholder)
Not Capturable.

EDIT: And a new serial code was added.
It's time gated, will go live on 4-30 (when the mega start code expires). The code is "04482045" for 5 Exp. Point x1.5s

kamakazi5

I finally got lucky and captured Timburr without items. I really thought I would need to use a complexity -1 and a great ball at the minimum.

Razmos

Celebi's disruptions can get quite annoying if you don't beat it fast enough ;P
zlCfzTSmSBU-lhkChg

Caught it at 13% with only 1 move left though :p

kamakazi5

Celebi's disruptions can get quite annoying if you don't beat it fast enough ;P
zlCfzTSmSBU-lhkChg

Caught it at 13% with only 1 move left though :p

Yeah, definitely all about luck. My first time I barely got him down to half while my second time I got combo after combo with his spawns and beat/captured him with ease.

CassSept

On my first time I got a lucky combo at about 5 moves which massacred Celebi. On a second attempt when it started spamming disruptions it got uglier and I barely got it with <5 moves left.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Caught it on my 3rd attempt with 51%. A shame it sounds like there's no point in leveling it up, especially considering how I've already got certain teams already leveled up.

Growlie19

Third try was the charm for catching Celebi. Now to go back and grind coins. Mewtwo and Sharpedo drained me of practically everything.

They gave out 1000 coins every Mew battle so it's not unrealistic. Besides 200 a match is a lot less than you'd get grinding Meowth's stage all day. Seems like a minor tweak like that would improve the Safari without impacting the act of spending real money.

You're assuming that people who are playing the safari would be grinding for coins otherwise, but that isn't the case. So it would clearly impact the act of spending real money, and wouldn't really improve the safari at all.

As mentioned, Mew was a bug.

Meier

I went back and just blew a shitload of coins to catch Gengar (disrupt delay, mega start, 5 moves).. ended up having to use the great ball too but caught him at 76% with it so I now have a Mega Gengar. Beat Carvanha pretty easily but still did not catch him -- I've only faced Sharpedo once and beat him with a B rank but can't catch Carvanha for the life of me. Got Celebi on my first try.

I've caught Celebi, so now my next major goal is to try to get Xerneas and FRIGGEN BLAZIKEN.

Haven't been able to catch Blaziken, Heatran, Xerneas or Yveltal. :( Beat them all but only managed a B on all four of them.. caught the other 15 Extra stages I've unlocked though. Blastoise would have been amazing... still can't believe I didn't remember to go back and face him with items. :*(

Top Bottom