• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any suggestions for Genesect? My team is Lv. 4 Mega Aerodactyl, Lv. 4 Heatran, Lv. 6 Aurorus, & Lv. 4 Blaziken. Seems I can get it town to about 10 to 20% left on a good playthrough.

I would assume Disruption Delay + Mega Start should be good enough?

Ah, Celebi, although you might evade me for now, rest assured that I can, and I will catch you using any means necessary. You will never be able to get out of all my Poke Balls.

Not sure what to think about stages with set moves. I'm at Haxorus and it seems like it's cheating to look it up on Youtube, but I'd rather not spend the time and hearts to figure it out.

Kito

Celebi should've had a temporal disruption like devolving your Mega and a temporal ability. I didn't enjoy breezing past another SP stage and capturing dead weight at all. Especially because I was anticipating a competition and more main stages today. Not to mention we've gone from 5k to 3k to a mere 1k in coin prize. Also, we already have a ghost type Mega so banettite can get bent. Apparently the next code is for useless EXP items. The decay is real wtf happened.

Zeldana

Neo Member
Celebi should've had a temporal disruption like devolving your Mega and a temporal ability. I didn't enjoy breezing past another SP stage and capturing dead weight at all. Especially because I was anticipating a competition and more main stages today. Not to mention we've gone from 5k to 3k to a mere 1k in coin prize. Also, we already have a ghost type Mega so banettite can get bent. Apparently the next code is for useless EXP items. The decay is real wtf happened.
Seems like they're getting stingier with Jewel giveaways too, especially after the Mega Lucarionite event. Kinda hoping they give us a jewel after patching the Mega glitches in the new stages, but that's pretty doubtful at this point. I'm at the end, beat all the main stages (still have about 20 left to S Rank), but I'm losing my motivation to keep playing now too, especially since they're releasing more Pokemon that can potentially mega evolve about twice as fast as they're holding competitions for mega evolution stones.

Chris1

Seems like they're getting stingier with Jewel giveaways too, especially after the Mega Lucarionite event. Kinda hoping they give us a jewel after patching the Mega glitches in the new stages, but that's pretty doubtful at this point. I'm at the end, beat all the main stages (still have about 20 left to S Rank), but I'm losing my motivation to keep playing now too, especially since they're releasing more Pokemon that can potentially mega evolve about twice as fast as they're holding competitions for mega evolution stones.

You know I was just thinking to myself "man they're really dragging this game out for years aren't they?"

There's 718 pokemon and we've probably seen about... 50 new? in over 2 months. They need to start releasing more pokemon at once, these one off things simply aren't cutting it any more when most people are near the end game and are just waiting for new stages.

Mega competition week 1-2
Daily pokemon week 1
Safari week 2
15+ new stages week 3
daily/safari repeat week 4 with a new expert and/or special pokemon.

Something like that would keep me busy, instead it feels like they're dragging it out - I mean this month we've had raquaza, megablastoise, celebi and safari as the only update that week... seems a bit thin when there could have been daily or safari alongside rayquaza/mega blastoise so I gotta agree I'm getting a bit bored of it as there's not much to do at this point but farm coins waiting for the next pokemon, then that's over with within a couple of hearts usually. Toss in a few repeats of older pokemon like the rotoms, kyogre etc throughout the month for newer players and you've still got a good year or so worth of updates.

daydream

Banned
Finally done with the Safari event. Ended on a nice combo, also:

CDokZD5W0AEOnMu.jpg

Zeldana

Neo Member
Something like that would keep me busy, instead it feels like they're dragging it out - I mean this month we've had raquaza, megablastoise, celebi and safari as the only update that week... seems a bit thin when there could have been daily or safari alongside rayquaza/mega blastoise so I gotta agree I'm getting a bit bored of it as there's not much to do at this point but farm coins waiting for the next pokemon, then that's over with within a couple of hearts usually. Toss in a few repeats of older pokemon like the rotoms, kyogre etc throughout the month for newer players and you've still got a good year or so worth of updates.
Yeah, this is a really good point. I don't see why they can't host old events alongside new ones. I missed out on some of the Rotoms and there's no telling when they'll be back (if ever). Chances are they'll return at some point but... there's space for at least five icons on that "Special" screen, haha.

Any suggestions for Genesect? My team is Lv. 4 Mega Aerodactyl, Lv. 4 Heatran, Lv. 6 Aurorus, & Lv. 4 Blaziken. Seems I can get it town to about 10 to 20% left on a good playthrough.

I would assume Disruption Delay + Mega Start should be good enough?

Both these comments were helpful but I'm still struggling. And I don't feel like I'm anywhere close.

Caught Genesect without items
14 seconds left = 21%
Team was Aerodactyl (5) Heatran (5) Moltres (7) Aurorus (9)

Only thing I remember is that I was able to combo without much interruption.
Also learning to recognize mons behind smoke (some bits stick out for most of them) really helps.

FWIW, I don't think Aerodactyl is a good mega for Genesect. When it hits low HP, it will start spamming barriers that will slow you down way too much if you are dealing with them conventionally (which is your only option if Aerodactyl is your Mega). You're better off using something will clear chunks of the board (it will also clear the smoke). I used Ampharos because it takes no positioning compared to something like Blastoise, but it is also random.

Mega competition week 1-2
Daily pokemon week 1
Safari week 2
15+ new stages week 3
daily/safari repeat week 4 with a new expert and/or special pokemon.

Something like that would keep me busy, instead it feels like they're dragging it out

Umm, isn't that basically what we've had for the last month? Two weeks of dailies, two weeks of safari, a contest, 16 new stages and also Celebi and Groudon or whoever it was before Celebi.

Kito

Lv5 Xerneas SMASHED Yveltal! Beaten for the first time with 10 sec left and successfully great balled at 32%. Level up your Xerneas if you're struggling with EX19.

My Gengar/Yveltal/Zoroark/Absol team is ready for the banettite competition.

I tried Genesect with all the items and still was 30 seconds away from an S-Rank. Wow

It's not always the best idea in a timed round. Zoroark and Yveltal are REALLY similar so it can slow you down trying to distinguish them

Razmos

Decided "Fuck you" to Gengar and bought a moves +5, Mega Start and Disruption Delay.
S-ranked him with 14 moves left, still needed a great ball to catch him.

I can finally use Mega Gengar now, yay.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Both these comments were helpful but I'm still struggling. And I don't feel like I'm anywhere close.
Hmm, guess I better continue leveling up my team, then. Right now, I've got 3 Level 4s (Mega Aerodactyl, Heatran, & Blaziken) & a Lv. 6 Aurorus. Edit: My Ampharos is at Level 7.

Maybe I should start leveling up Moltres &/or Entei as well?

Chris1

Umm, isn't that basically what we've had for the last month? Two weeks of dailies, two weeks of safari, a contest, 16 new stages and also Celebi and Groudon or whoever it was before Celebi.

No, they're similar but still different

30th - Rayquaza
6th - Mega Blastoise
13th - Groudon & 15 new stages (+Genesect?)
20th - Safari
27th - Celebi

With my idea, we'd be looking at a guaranteed minimum of 27-28 new pokemon a month in a 4 week month, this month we have only got 25 in a 5 week month, with my idea, in a 5 week month we'd be looking at 34 new pokemon and at least 5 repeated pokemon.

Like I said, having rayquaza/mega blastoise/celebi as the only update those weeks just feels really thin, a daily pokemon event during one of the rayquaza/mega blastoise events could have helped, instead it just seems like they're dragging it out.

daydream

Banned
Any tips for catching Timburr and/or Mightyena? The game is recommending Slowpoke against the latter but I don't seem to have regular ol' Slowpoke.

Loptous

Any tips for catching Timburr and/or Mightyena? The game is recommending Slowpoke against the latter but I don't seem to have regular ol' Slowpoke.
The game will always recommend you to try and catch an effective mon you don't have if you fail a stage.

Without items (and just for catching) :
I remember using Mega Slowbro for Timburr.
Mightyena required a bit of luck with combos.

daydream

Banned
The game will always recommend you to try and catch an effective mon you don't have if you fail a stage.

Without items (and just for catching) :
I remember using Mega Slowbro for Timburr.
Mightyena required a bit of luck with combos.

Sure, but it recommended Slowpoke which I think is not available to catch atm.

Anyway, got impatient (been going at it since the day they rolled out the newest stages) and spent coins to catch it, been having absolutely dreadful luck lately.

Robin64

Sure, but it recommended Slowpoke which I think is not available to catch atm.

Anyway, got impatient (been going at it since the day they rolled out the newest stages) and spent coins to catch it, been having absolutely dreadful luck lately.

Sureit is, Slowpoke is Stage 31 and Slowbro is Stage 69, with Mega Slowbro being Stage 45.

daydream

Banned
Sureit is, Slowpoke is Stage 31 and Slowbro is Stage 69, with Mega Slowbro being Stage 45.

Omg, you're right. Somehow I haven't caught him, yet, even though I've got all those stages S-ranked. Did not expect that, hopefully haven't missed any other 'mons.

Fewr

Against Meowth, Heracross goes straight to the jugular. Amazing the amount of damage the thing does.

What's everyone's high score for the Meowth stage?
Mine apparently is 5,555.

Kito

It's not always the best idea in a timed round. Zoroark and Yveltal are REALLY similar so it can slow you down trying to distinguish them

I've just trialled them now and it's true. Guess I'll need to decide whether 90 attack or Sinister Power is more useful.

Chopper

I'm getting reeeaaaally concerned that I'm not going to see Sharpedo again before the safari ends. I've used at least 20 hearts a day since the event started, and haven't seen him since, like, day 2. :/

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone? I barely inflict more than 50% health by the time's up
I did it with Mega Gengar, Yveltal, Scyther and Heracross, all Lv.7 and still had to use Complexity -1 and Disruption Delay. I'd say Mega Gengar and Heracross are a must.

Chris1

I did it with Mega Gengar, Yveltal, Scyther and Heracross, all Lv.7 and still had to use Complexity -1 and Disruption Delay. I'd say Mega Gengar and Heracross are a must.
I'd level up and take scizor over scyther, scizor will get a mega stone eventually and they both have the same abilities/attack power.

Just came here to complain/see if there was a way to get Sharpedo to show up and just my luck I get him as I'm loading the thread. 11 moves left and took 1 great ball but finally have all 5 safari caught.

hazukash

Oh man, I'm so glad I stopped playing this game. I'm clearing my backlog instead. I finally had time to finish Kid Icarus (3D Classics) last week. I don't have to keep track of time for hearts or rage about catch rates anymore. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. No more P2P games for me, even if they're branded Pokémon.

Etria

What team do you suggest to take on Mewtwo? (not mega)

I used Mega Gengar, Yveltal, Heracross, and Scizor. All of them are around Level 6-8. Unfortunately, I couldn't finish him off without items, so just used a Disruption Delay and finished him off with 21 seconds to spare :D

What team do you suggest to take on Mewtwo? (not mega)

I know I brought Heracross for his crowd control but the rest of my team was just whoever happened to be the strongest Dark/Ghost/Bug. Absol's Mind Zap ability may have helped, this is why they need to record your High Score team, it's been so long I can't remember. I think I used the Home Button/ Game Notes trick on Mewtwo.

My most successful team with Timburr was Mewtwo Y/Xerneas/Slowbro/Snubbull. It seemed to me if you leveled up after turn 25 the Mega evolution glitch didn't trigger. I'm a fan of Crowd Control only reason Snubble is there and I wanted only one Psychic type to pair with Mewtwo.

Mightyena I took Mega Lucario/Xerneas/Heracross/Snubbull pretty much at that point I had used Crowd Control so much they were the strongest options.

I'm going to laugh if Mega Gengar's ability is completely useless against Mega Banette. With such a big head start I'm giving Sableye a couple more levels since I've pretty much abandoned him. Also catching Sharpedo up because it may not be a coincidence he's released right before a Ghost competition, maybe it's a hint. Or just a waste of experience points.

I'm interested to see how quickly Banette's ability works with his Mega Evolution. He could potentially be the fastest evolution in the game.

-Horizon-

I was able to beat the Xerneas stage with 2 seconds left. Of course I didn't catch it nor was I able to beat it again since. Screw you Xerneas, I can't believe I thought you were cool.

neto

What is the trick to carvanha? I see its the same formation all the time and it's the only one I'm missing, I have beaten it only once

What is the trick to carvanha? I see its the same formation all the time and it's the only one I'm missing, I have beaten it only once

Swap two tokens in the third row down so you make two matches of three, one at the top of the first column and one at the top of the third.

Use Mega Gengar.

Top Bottom