• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

-Horizon-

I used Mega Gengar, Chandelure, Haunter, and Misdreavus and got 8k. I guess I should get Yveltal and Zoroark. Will probably need Disruption Delay for Zoroark since the unbreakable blocks make it nearly impossible to combo.

Mega Gengar is good for match-and-forget.

Like others mentioned above, Yveltal and Zoroark look way too similar and just made it more difficult.

WarAdept

So despite having this game sitting on my 3DS in it's gift box, it's only now that I've decided to play it.

It's strangely addicting.

I'm basically ignoring the Optimize button right now and just using a team of Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle and Pichu to level up.

Is this going to bite me in the ass later on if I just focus on a few pokes instead of optimising super effective attacks, etc?

Stage On

So despite having this game sitting on my 3DS in it's gift box, it's only now that I've decided to play it.

I'm basically ignoring the Optimize button right now and just using a team of Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle and Pichu to level up.

Is this going to bite me in the ass later on if I just focus on a few pokes instead of optimising super effective attacks, etc?

There are a few difficulty spikes where you end up facing a Pokemon trainer with a mega evolved Pokemon that are just brutal even WITH a fully optimized team.

Choosing the right pokemon is much more important than having a high leveled team. And eventually most of the pokemon will get outclassed by newer fresher stuff. Optimize definitely helps to point you in the right direction for a team although its not perfect (No I want to use Scizor, not Scyther, game)

My current plan for the latest tournament is to catch Yvetal which I've yet to have. I can get catch rates of 11-22% so I should be able to get it in time for actually getting a decent score without spending money (which can go to a complexity -1 if needed for the tournament)

Robin64

My current plan for the latest tournament is to catch Yvetal which I've yet to have. I can get catch rates of 11-22% so I should be able to get it in time for actually getting a decent score without spending money (which can go to a complexity -1 if needed for the tournament)

This is exactly what I'm doing right now.

Actually I'm using Buneary to level the team to do it. Currently Mega Lucario (5), Scyther (7), Xerneas (4), and Scizor (6).

Syntsui

So it's basically impossible to do good in this challenge without items and zoroark (which is hard as fuck to beat) and Yvetal (which I don't even know if I'm close to unlock). Fuck this.

LOLDSFAN

I've been trying to get Yveltal for ages now and I decided to just use items. So my team should now be pretty good if I ever get bumped out of 20,000.

Hi Shuffle gaf, I have all S rank in the normal mode except for Mega Mewtwo and Aerodactyl, I have the best pokemon for beating them but I don't know what's the best combo to beat them and what item I should use (I have 22 000 coins so I should be fine)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would use Complexity -1, Distortion Delay, probably Mega Start, & then Moves +5 as a safety net. That's what I've been doing.

Used Disruption Delay and Moves+5 to S-Rank and catch Heracross. Then did the same for Zoroark, only he broke out of 2 Great Balls so I had to redo it. Finally got him though.

Wish I had Mega Lucario.

How do I even grind for money? Meowth stage barely has coins, I can get 200 if I'm really lucky at the most.

330 is pretty easy to get. 130 is painfully easy. 530 is tough, but doable. In a five-heart stint I'd expect to get at least 1,200 coins. I only really screw up by getting greedy and going for 530 when I should cash out.

I worked it out, and if you boot the game one time a day, you could still earn 15,000-20,000 coins a week without a great deal of trouble.

3,500 for checking in
7,000 for playing the Meowth stage five times a day.
5,000 for weekend Meowth over two days.

Those estimates are on the low end of what it's pretty easy to achieve.

A decent player could get 3,500 for checking in, 10,500 for Meowth, and 8,000 for weekend Meowth. That's just loading the game one time a day.

Chris1

330 is pretty easy to get. 130 is painfully easy. 530 is tough, but doable. In a five-heart stint I'd expect to get at least 1,200 coins. I only really screw up by getting greedy and going for 530 when I should cash out.

I worked it out, and if you boot the game one time a day, you could still earn 15,000-20,000 coins a week without a great deal of trouble.

3,500 for checking in
7,000 for playing the Meowth stage five times a day.
5,000 for weekend Meowth over two days.

Those estimates are on the low end of what it's pretty easy to achieve.

A decent player could get 3,500 for checking in, 10,500 for Meowth, and 8,000 for weekend Meowth. That's just loading the game one time a day.
What pokemon do you use?

I can do 4 coins easily but sometimes I beat it way too fast, now that all my future megas are at least level 5, it's probably time to change my team up for meowth..

What pokemon do you use?

I can do 4 coins easily but sometimes I beat it way too fast, now that all my future megas are at least level 5, it's probably time to change my team up for meowth..

Any team of Pokémon averaging around 70 strength which aren't super-effective will beat Meowth with a couple of turns left, which is what you want.

It doesn't matter which Pokémon they are exactly, as long they're not ones that have the "removes disruptions" skill.

And yeah, sometimes you'll get an unlucky combo, just gotta take the rough with the smooth.

Loptous

Something I just noticed and that I didn't see mentionned (maybe because it's completely obvious duh), but...

Random activation skills come out more easily if you make big matches.
Tested this with Absol and I'd estimate that the activation rates are roughly :
3-token match : 20%
4-token match : 50%
5-token match : 80%

(Also remember that skills only activate when you physically move a token)

It's roughly the same for Zoroark.

I assume activation rates depend on the skill as well, so they'll be much lower for something like Sceptile.

Anyway, that's just another layer of strategy for people who think this is just a reskinned Candy Crush

tauroxd

I can't get past Mega Glalie... The game is mostly done for me... I have been stuck in that part for days and it still seems impossible... I had a good time... :(

Kito

I can't get past Mega Glalie... The game is mostly done for me... I have been stuck in that part for days and it still seems impossible... I had a good time... :(

Can't remember that stage, but ask yourself if you have:
a/ caught the best super effective pokemon available
b/ is your team entirely lv5 (and if not, grind Buneary #21)
c/ have enough coins for Disruption Delay at the very least (again, if not, grind Meowth #37). 5 hearts usually gets you 1500 coins there.

tauroxd

Can't remember that stage, but ask yourself if you have:
a/ caught the best super effective pokemon available
b/ is your team entirely lv5 (and if not, grind Buneary #21)
c/ have enough coins for Disruption Delay at the very least (again, if not, grind Meowth #37). 5 hearts usually gets you 1500 coins there.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try it later. Mega Glalie is the stage 120.

I've been wondering is there an actual sensible way to level up Pokemon at this point that doesn't include just walking into EX Stages and hoping for the best like I once believed was the answer to the problem once upon a time.

Etria

I've been wondering is there an actual sensible way to level up Pokemon at this point that doesn't include just walking into EX Stages and hoping for the best like I once believed was the answer to the problem once upon a time.

Stage 21, Buneary, is another good stage. It doesn't take as long and you can be certain you can finish it to receive more EXP than if you fail a stage.

Chris1

Stage 21 or 130 is best for solely training up, personally I use both aswell as a mix of stage 37 to farm for coins and train at the same time, 37 is pretty bad xp but i'm getting coins doing it, so it's good at times, really just depends on the pokemon and how fast I need them leveled up really. If there's no rush to level them up, then I think 37 is a wiser choice since it doesn't take long to get level 5 ish on that anyway, plus you get a ton of coins along the way.

Why would you want this? Shouldn't you stall him as much as possible to get more disruptions?

When I said "you'll beat it with a couple of turns left," I meant that the fight will always go down to the wire. You won't beat it in one combo or anything, so there will always be long enough for at least a four-coin match but you won't be in danger of not beating him unless you're very unlucky.

toythatkills, sometimes I think you're the official master of the game here on GAF.

Anyways, I managed to catch Yvetal and leveled it a bit. I'm a bit late but I should still be able to push into the top 20K. I did a prelim run before I went for Yvetal, but I'm sure that run is off the 20K chart at this point.

Chris1

any tips on s ranking timburr and aerodactyl? only 2 i have left and after test runs i don't think i can do it without complexity -1, trying to avoid that if i can

Hegarol

any tips on s ranking timburr and aerodactyl? only 2 i have left and after test runs i don't think i can do it without complexity -1, trying to avoid that if i can
Did aero this morning with +5 and mega start. 12 moves left with all mons Maxed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, I'm still ranked 896 out of 100,000+. Guess I should be fine for the time being. Didn't think I'd stay so high on my second attempt.

Robin64

Hah, not even close, I just post a lot :lol

You sure do!

v6bvJS4.png

Ha

Wow, I'm still ranked 896 out of 100,000+. Guess I should be fine for the time being. Didn't think I'd stay so high on my second attempt.

I reckon the scores will be lower this time, all the cloud disruptions are going to make it harder to get the same kind of scores people were getting in the other contests without items.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Only got 800 coins at Meowth today.
Like how the fuck does that even happen :-|

Top Bottom