• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think because Mega Mewtwo + psychic type = remove more from the board, resulting in more matches.

Problem is, I think Mewtwo takes quite a bit of matching before evolving. I try to use Gengar which sort of helps. I used +5 moves & got 2,800 coins.

I think because Mega Mewtwo + psychic type = remove more from the board, resulting in more matches.

Problem is, I think Mewtwo takes quite a bit of matching before evolving. I try to use Gengar which sort of helps. I used +5 moves & got 2,800 coins.

That and the fact that Banette has Mega Boost which is objectively better for Weekend Meowth since it doesn't remove coins and it evolves faster.

I figure Gengar is the only choice, really. Not having it there means way more chains of three, and that's all you're after.

Number 1 in PAL charts is rocking almost 1 million score, so maybe not.

Scores with disruption delay won't be affected by the clouds that much. I was talking about scores earned without items.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, for some reason, Mewtwo doesn't appear if I just search for Pokemon who have Mega Stones....

Also, Banette can work for Gengar, but not Mewtwo since the former is Ghost, but the latter is Psychic....though Espeon would work since he's got Mega Boost as well.

You sure do!

v6bvJS4.png

Yikes, I really do talk a lot here.

This game really eats up a lot of time, if spread out.

Like I said before, I'll never ridicule Candy Crushers again. We are no different at this point :p

I played Candy Crush briefly to see what all the fuss was about and it never felt random. It always felt weighted towards the player to lose to encourage them to spend money. Shuffle doesn't feel that way, and outside of a few levels everything feels very beatable without any need to spend money.

There's a lot more skill and strategy in Shuffle than people give it credit for as well. I wouldn't play a game for more than fifty hours if it wasn't a good game underneath it all.

Hegarol

It's scary how I'm almost 48hrs into Shuffle, of all games.
I am at 90 hours. Didn't knew my timeplay was that high oO

There's a lot more skill and strategy in Shuffle than people give it credit for as well. I wouldn't play a game for more than fifty hours if it wasn't a good game underneath it all.
I agree. Its a really good game. Its better than Trozei. The F2P is acceptable, haven't bought a thing and I am at the edge of the game.

stolin

I agree. Its a really good game. Its better than Trozei. The F2P is acceptable, haven't bought a thing and I am at the edge of the game.

I also agree, the game is great and I really enjoy the strategy. I'm 50+ hours. I haven't paid anything and never will.. but I would have gladly paid $10 up front. I would still pay for a Heart unlock all today for $10.

Fewr

I'm going to put money in for gems at some point. I feel obligated to with how many hours I've given up for this game.

Same here. I wish they added a "just pay X amount and we'll give yout a set number of gems daily" like Pokemon Rumble did. Or at least a temporary discount on gems.

Stage 21 or 130 is best for solely training up, personally I use both aswell as a mix of stage 37 to farm for coins and train at the same time, 37 is pretty bad xp but i'm getting coins doing it, so it's good at times, really just depends on the pokemon and how fast I need them leveled up really. If there's no rush to level them up, then I think 37 is a wiser choice since it doesn't take long to get level 5 ish on that anyway, plus you get a ton of coins along the way.

This is exactly what I did. I did Meowth until I S-ranked all the main stages, caught every Pokémon, and hit the coin cap. That was enough to raise everything relevant to level 6 or 7. From there, I switched to Ampharos to level the team I wanted to use for the competition to max (at this point, Banette was already rumored and I had nothing else to do), spending the few coins you get from check-ins and victories on XP occasional XP boosts. Focusing on leveling when you have ANYTHING else you can do is a waste of time, IMO. Your Pokémon not being high enough level is likely not the reason you can't get a high enough score in the competition and the most efficient way to improve on that is DEFINITELY not to level up your Pokémon some more.

Also, trying to get 530 coins from the Meowth stage is MUCH more fun than the Ampharos stage.

Leveling info just for kicks and giggles:
Each level gives [Total Moves] EXP. All EX Stages give 10 EXP, regardless of the time limit.
Remaining Moves, Bonus Combo, Overkill and Type Matchups have no effect.

If you don't manage to defeat the Pokemon, you get:
[Total Moves] * [Percentage Damage Done]% EXP.

For example 64% damage on Ampharos would get you 32 EXP (50*64%). The crowned Pokemon in the results gets a 2x multiplier, receiving double the EXP. The crowned Pokemon is the one that's removed the most, including those which are removed by a Mega Evolved Pokemon's effects.

The amount of EXP a Pokemon needs to level up depends on its starting Attack Power:
Starting Attack 30 = 50 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 40 = 55 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 50 = 60 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 60 = 65 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 70 = 70 Base EXP.
Starting Attack 80 = 75 Base EXP.

Other values are not checked yet.

Each level is harder to reach than the last.
Lv.2: Base EXP * 1
Lv.3: Base EXP * 2 (total: 3x)
Lv.4: Base EXP * 3 (total: 6x)
Lv.5: Base EXP * 3 (total: 9x)
Lv.6: Base EXP * 9 (total: 18x)
Lv.7: Base EXP * 15 (total: 33x)
Lv.8: Base EXP * 18 (total: 51x)
Lv.9: Base EXP * 21 (total: 72x)
Lv.MAX: Base EXP * 24 (total: 96x)

In other words, going from Lv.1 to Lv.5 takes as long as going from Lv.5 to Lv.6.

Boba2007

You do know that they just reused the assets from Battle Trozei / Link Battle, right?

They're changed slightly to look "shiny" so they're not exact. Plus there weren't Megas in Battle.

Also they better not put all the Unown in a Safari-like stage.

octopiggy

I got my item-run for the competition out of the way early this time. Just hit 43rd place in EU with 35,780.
I spent too long grinding EXP and coins last time round and wasted hearts unnecessarily. Now I can get back to S-ranking the rest of the levels.

Robin64

I can only manage about 10,000 points without items, which is only enough to put one in 17,000th place. Need a few more coins so I can just go all out.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So tomorrow is 15 new normal stages I guess? Would be neat, I only have the last three Megas to S left, and that shit is steep...

PetrCobra

My score of 13 thousand (and 9) is still holding up but I feel I'll soon get pushed out of the top 10000. Currently 6131. I wanted to wait to the last day to see if I really have to do the item run but I've got a lot of coins anyway, might as well do it now.

Oh and by the way, yesterday I found out that you can't have more than 99999 coins. Anything you earn over that limit gets straight out of the window. I guess that's also why I have some of the options disabled in the "get coins for gems" menu. They would get me over the limit and I'd end up with no gems and no coins either. Cool of the game to check that for me.

Thanks everyone for answering my inquiry.

That feeling when you look at the answers given and be like, "That makes more sense than it ever has any business and I should've realized that on my own anyhow!"

Chances are that'll be Thursday when Banette ends

Why would you think that?

The 15 new stages for a week would be to replace the pokemon safari that just left, not the Banette competition.

I'm sure we'll get something new tomorrow, same way we have every monday for weeks. Whether those are stages or not, we will have to wait and see.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So uh, yeah, I tried Mega Mewtwo, Meowstic, Espeon, & Sawk (though I probably should've used a 4th Psychic) since Meowstic & Espeon both had Mega Boost & then Mega Mewtwo would remove all of one of them from the board.

Minus the 800 from +5 Moves, I made 4,100 coins from Meowth. I think I found my new strategy. Somehow even managed to make about 2 matches resulting in 700 coins (matching 6 in a row).

Edit: OH THANK GOD, I cleared & caught Genesect. Had to use Time +10, Mega Start, Distruption Delay, Complexity -1, & then a Super Ball to up my chances of catching him to 62%.

JoeM86

Why would you think that?

The 15 new stages for a week would be to replace the pokemon safari that just left, not the Banette competition.

I'm sure we'll get something new tomorrow, same way we have every monday for weeks. Whether those are stages or not, we will have to wait and see.

Daily Pokémon tomorrow? Sure. New stages, nope.

Banette came out of nowhere, because as you said they have typically been every Monday, but Golden Week in Japan clearly changed things somewhat and we've always had new stages on the day after a Mega Stone challenge.

Syntsui

Thank God, hope they redo all of them from time to time. Or at least just put them in the game already and don't waste an event.

octopiggy

Personally, I'm glad to see the Rotoms back since I missed them the first time round. I wasn't expecting to see them so soon though.

It might have been nice to see them appear alongside something new, because I agree that at this rate the 3ds will be long dead by the time we have a chance to complete a pokedex.

Top Bottom