• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Chris1

How do you do the great ball coin glitch? Do you just quickly power off your DS once the pokemon breaks out of the 4th greatball or?

How do you do the great ball coin glitch? Do you just quickly power off your DS once the pokemon breaks out of the 4th greatball or?

The game only saves when you start the stage (after you buy items) and at the very end. If you toss Great Balls and fail, and the Pokemon runs away, power off the game. You save the coins you spent on Great Balls though you'll lose the EXP, coins, and score you got for beating it.

Unlocked the Mewtwo stage and barely got it down to 1/2. Huge damage sponge and the constant freezing is so annoying.

Chris1

The game only saves when you start the stage (after you buy items) and at the very end. If you toss Great Balls and fail, and the Pokemon runs away, power off the game. You save the coins you spent on Great Balls though you'll lose the EXP, coins, and score you got for beating it.

Unlocked the Mewtwo stage and barely got it down to 1/2. Huge damage sponge and the constant freezing is so annoying.

Thanks

Btw, for those stuck on Blaziken I just thought of something that may help out - wouldn't mega start and mega Aerodactyl work extremely well?

lewisgone

Anyone have any tips for Regirock? It's not a short stage, and I can't see a "trick" to it...it really does seem to be a limited time-stage that requires coins to beat. I'm pretty annoyed if that's the case.

Chris1

Just tried Genesect.. Now I know why people hate it. Couldn't even get it past half health in 4 hearts so I caved and used items, and still only managed to just beat it with a 21% capture rate. Luckily I managed to capture it on my first great ball. There's something about that stage that makes me freeze up... Either that or I'm just not used to timed stages any more since I haven't done them in a while.

Finally caught all Pokemon now though.

Anyone have any tips for Regirock? It's not a short stage, and I can't see a "trick" to it...it really does seem to be a limited time-stage that requires coins to beat. I'm pretty annoyed if that's the case.

I used attack power (3K coins) and managed to beat it. The amount of hearts you're gonna spend trying to beat it without is better put to use farming Meowth imo.

BooJoh

Regirock is really annoying. It takes forever per playthrough and I usually don't manage to KO it. I don't have enough coins to go all out on it. I think this might be the tipping point where I stop caring if I catch every event Pokemon.

Regirock is really annoying. It takes forever per playthrough and I usually don't manage to KO it. I don't have enough coins to go all out on it. I think this might be the tipping point where I stop caring if I catch every event Pokemon.

I practically stopped caring too, but now that I'm almost done with the main stages again, I probably will go back once I catch most of the things I don't have.

SaintZ

Oh lord I beat Steelix without items and caught it on my first try, bless.

I had to use items on Regirock tho (+Great Ball) and I'm poor now :/ let me grind for some coins.

Timburr is the stage that's bugged right? I used Mega Slowbro but regular Slowbro were coming down the middle. Not sure how I'm going to beat that stage since his blocks aren't a disruption.

I hate Mewtwo. Used Disruption Delay plus Time+10 first, didn't beat him. Threw everything at him and beat the stage, but he ran after one Great Ball at 50%. Argh.

-Horizon-

I beat down that stupid metal dick until it was all floppy!

But seriously, screw you steelix. I'm glad I'm done with you.

Caught all the new pokemon, back to trying to beat the EX stages. Heatran you jerk, let me catch you!

I finally made it to stage 150 with Mewtwo. That is a serious stage, haven't beat him yet.
I managed to get that Pinsir last week on my first try which was such a relief.
Now I'm currently getting through the EX stages which get harder the farther you go lol I might have to bite and spend some of my coins!
Haven't given Regirock a try yet, will be today. Been occupied with PADz lately lol

-Horizon-

What main level would yall recommend I get too before attempting an expert level?
Depends on the kinds of Pokemon you have now. How far have you beaten the main stages and have you caught a good chunk of them?

Some of the earlier Pokemon you get don't have enough attack power to deal enough damage to EX Pokemon. Especially since you're on a time limit in those stages rather than a move limit.

What main level would yall recommend I get too before attempting an expert level?

It's not until the 70-100 lvl you'll find Pokes worth keeping. Once you can pair Mega Slowbro and Espeon or Mega Ampharos and Dedenne they can probably get you through the legendary birds. Mega Mawile and Donphan will be the strongest for their specific types for a while as well.

Really just think of it like a Mega Man game, what collection of Fairy, Fighting and Ground types do you have that can beat an EX stage and then when you add that EX poke who will it help you defeat next.

Lunar FC

Depends on the kinds of Pokemon you have now. How far have you beaten the main stages and have you caught a good chunk of them?

Some of the earlier Pokemon you get don't have enough attack power to deal enough damage to EX Pokemon. Especially since you're on a time limit in those stages rather than a move limit.
Ive completed 80 levels and have caught 65 pokes.

-Horizon-

Ive completed 80 levels and have caught 65 pokes.

I think that around that stage or 90ish is where I started the EX stages. Sure, give it a shot.
I think the first three EX stages were pretty easy compared to the others so you might be able to handle those. Just remember, they're timed so don't wait on making moves, just keep trying to make as many matches as you can.

Lunar FC

I think that around that stage or 90ish is where I started the EX stages. Sure, give it a shot.
I think the first three EX stages were pretty easy compared to the others so you might be able to handle those. Just remember, they're timed so don't wait on making moves, just keep trying to make as many matches as you can.

Completed the first EX stage with :19 remaining but didn't make the catch. Think ill stick too the main stages for awhile longer. I just wanted my Charizard and Suicune. Thanks for the help guys.

-Horizon-

Completed the first EX stage with :19 remaining but didn't make the catch. Think ill stick too the main stages for awhile longer. I just wanted my Charizard and Suicune. Thanks for the help guys.

Lucario is the only "helpful" one (if you have the megastone from the competition) that is easy to get.

LOLDSFAN

So I decided to spend 3,000 on power boost to get Regirock, failed.

Tried again today and failed.

Might just save up and get mega start too because that might be the issue. 1,000 damange per Mega Blastoise is nice.

So I decided to spend 3,000 on power boost to get Regirock, failed.

Tried again today and failed.

Might just save up and get mega start too because that might be the issue. 1,000 damange per Mega Blastoise is nice.

I wonder if Disruption Delay will help. The blocks aren't a disruption so it would just prevent the middle four Regirock from spawning.

I don't think Turns+5 will help since it doesn't increase capture rate.

-Horizon-

Power boost was the most helpful one for me because I always got stuck with its HP always being a little sliver.

Of course my Pokes are a good level 5+ for that match up.

I finally beat Regirock without using items. 0 turns left, 3% catch rate -.-
I'm starting to hate this game.

That's impressive, but at a certain point, unless you are doing it for the challenge, you're better off spending coins on items and hearts on stage 37 Meowth for coins.

That's impressive, but at a certain point, unless you are doing it for the challenge, you're better off spending coins on items and hearts on stage 37 Meowth for coins.
That's where I'm at right now. Not quite at the breaking point of just paying to win knowing I can successfully beat him without items.

Now it's a matter of tweaking the team and changing the strategy accordingly.

It's not like there's anything else to do. There's a couple of stages that need money thrown at to S rank and I've got plenty of that, so no Meowth farming for now.

Not a fan of these latest updates that the solution to the puzzle is just spend money.

That's where I'm at right now. Not quite at the breaking point of just paying to win knowing I can successfully beat him without items.

Now it's a matter of tweaking the team and changing the strategy accordingly.

It's not like there's anything else to do. There's a couple of stages that need money thrown at to S rank and I've got plenty of that, so no Meowth farming for now.

Not a fan of these latest updates that the solution to the puzzle is just spend money.

Other than Regirock, nothing in this past update felt unreasonable to me.

DocSeuss

Items, naturally!

Got a bit bored trying to S-rank it because it takes bloody ages so I just went all out. Bought all the items and beat it with 52 turns left, haha

Grinding coins, Meowth (37). Grinding experience, Ampharos.

You're probably better off grinding coins and spending them on items than you are grinding experience.

Thanks. I've been grinding Meowth a lot lately.

Other than Regirock, nothing in this past update felt unreasonable to me.

I agree, just in terms of S-Ranking without items, I haven't attempted Steelix. What team did you use without items?

The two XY starters can probably be S-ranked without items but it's mostly a waste of hearts waiting for that lucky drop to set off a chain. 800 coins is worth avoiding the headache even though I don't like that solution. I'd rather there be a answer in the form of a weak pokemon I don't use but the stage forces me to level up rather than just keep wasting hearts on luck or paying to win.

Edit: Forgot about Snorlax. He can probably be S-ranked without items too. I'll probably mess around with teams for that after I get Reggie.

Hmm, I assume Mega Blastoise is better for Regirock? I tried it without Mega Start to test and I got Regirock down to 1/3 HP like I did with Mega Lucario, so presumably if I Mega Start both, Blastoise will have the edge.

Also, I just noticed Milotic leveled up despite failing Regirock. I think competitive stages don't award exp (or do they?), but I wasn't sure if special stages gave exp. At least my repeated failures won't be completely for nothing : P

Robin64

Can't see myself catching Regirock, and if I miss this one then my Shuffle caring will probably vanish too. Today is the first day I haven't checked in before work, even.

JoeM86

Can't see myself catching Regirock, and if I miss this one then my Shuffle caring will probably vanish too. Today is the first day I haven't checked in before work, even.

Regirock really is a bit too harsh. It's impossible to do without spending coins

OmegaX

What team did you use for Regirock?
Good job!

Thanks. My team was Mega Mawile, Sceptile, Lucario, and Bronzong. All of them were level 7 or 8. Mawile sets up combos like crazy once it goes mega but it takes a while to evolve.

I'll hoard coins and do it again with items. I should be able to get a decent catch rate, I hope.

Top Bottom