• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

BooJoh

Personally I've submitted a bad score, so I get a jewel at least, but don't screw out other people out of their Mega Stone.

I'm going to do this as well. It's top 30k instead of 20k for NA this time, but I don't want to screw anyone out of a mega so I can get one extra jewel.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Lol I played extra shitty on Lucario and got 3k.

Chris1

I'm going to do this as well. It's top 30k instead of 20k for NA this time, but I don't want to screw anyone out of a mega so I can get one extra jewel.

Same, got a score of 4.7k playing shitty. An extra 3-4k coins isn't really worth stealing peoples mega stones. Hope most people that missed out on it last time manage to get it this time round.

Also I think it might be turn based rather than time to help those who missed out on it last time because they're bad at timed events out? The home glitch has been widely known and popular since the beginning, I doubt they'd change it to suit that now.

I mean, no one who already has the Mega Stone is going to spend coins just to get an extra jewel, so losing out to someone who just wants the extra jewel is pretty inexcusable.

Generous of you guys to give up a jewel so we can place.

Girafarig took one move but catch rate was 24%. 0/3 so far.

Also realized I have really bad Pokes for Lucario. Slowbro, Azumarrill, Chimecho, and Taillow.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Generous of you guys to give up a jewel so we can place.

Girafarig took one move but catch rate was 24%. 0/3 so far.

Also realized I have really bad Pokes for Lucario. Slowbro, Azumarrill, Chimecho, and Taillow.
Top rankings will be full of Mewtwo and Xerneas. Might wanna look into that. Slowbro is alright.

Boba2007

Gonna give someone else a chance for a Lucarionite, I don't need the extra Jewel. I wanted to try and get last place but sadly I was not bad enough :(

zlCfzTXfoY0-oe6DLX

Growlie19

Nice to see the Lucarionite back. I already have it, and I'm content with just the one jewel. Good luck everyone!

It took four hearts, but I caught Girafarig. At this point, all I'm missing are Frogadier, Regirock, and Genesect. I also finally got my first level MAXes: Lucario and Donphan! Anyways, back to coin grinding.

Orgen

Is it confirmed that if you place in the top 15K and already have the lucarionite you're "stealing" a place that could give the mega to another player? It won't go to the next?

I want the 2 jewels (already have the lucarionite) but I don't want to occupy the place that could give a Lucarionite to another player that doesn't have it :|

RiggyRob

Is it confirmed that if you place in the top 15K and already have the lucarionite you're "stealing" a place that could give the mega to another player? It won't go to the next?

I want the 2 jewels (already have the lucarionite) but I don't want to occupy the place that could give a Lucarionite to another player that doesn't have it :|

The wording of the competition seems to suggest that 15,000 players can rank, but only those without Mega stones will get it - those with the Mega stone will get two jewels instead. So effectively yes, if you have a Mega stone already and you're in the top 15,000 you're 'stealing' a place from another player who may not have the Mega stone.

Orgen

The wording of the competition seems to suggest that 15,000 players can rank, but only those without Mega stones will get it - those with the Mega stone will get two jewels instead. So effectively yes, if you have a Mega stone already and you're in the top 15,000 you're 'stealing' a place from another player who may not have the Mega stone.

Oh well... I won't pursue a better score then (I have a 10.000 score, luckily won't reach the top 15K).

I'm too scared to try, but did they make Regirock easier?

I really doubt it, but ya never know.

Also, time to find my most rubbish non-effective team to battle Mega Lucario. That's how it works, right?

EDIT

Whoo, top 10 in PAL land!

Low scorers that is. 15048/15058.

I'm too scared to try, but did they make Regirock easier?

I really doubt it, but ya never know.

Aww, I got Regirock down to a sliver of HP this time. Still no items used. (Just practising for when I do use items...)

BTW, is it because I never got this far, but did Regirock always spam unbreakable blocks on the final turns?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Aww, I got Regirock down to a sliver of HP this time. Still no items used. (Just practising for when I do use items...)

BTW, is it because I never got this far, but did Regirock always spam unbreakable blocks on the final turns?
Yeah. And if you got it to a sliver of health without items, it'll be no problem with just Attack Boost :>

Just caught Genesect after I tried it for the first and last time when we first went past 180 levels. Was surprisingly easy, though I'm mad that I brought sucky Aerodactyl and not my boy Gengar :(

"Huh, why is my play area greyed out?"

That's when I realized that the Lucario "repeat" is now turn-based.

Truth be told, on the second run, I decided to use all the items straight away, as it's far more predictable and manageable as a turn-based stage. Whupped out a score of a bit over 20 thousand, giving me a rank of 240.

Am I...a bad person for doing this?

JoeM86

Truth be told, on the second run, I decided to use all the items straight away, as it's far more predictable and manageable as a turn-based stage. Whupped out a score of a bit over 20 thousand, giving me a rank of 240.

Yes :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

I did this & then realized jewel = 3,000 coins, so unless I wait to get a third jewel somehow to get 10k, then I'm only getting 6,000 coins, which only covers about 1/2 the cost of all the items available.

octopiggy

Only yesterday I posted that I had caught all pokemon and had only missed the Lucarionite and then the event pops up the next day!
By the end of the week I could be completely up to date, including S-ranks.

I did this & then realized jewel = 3,000 coins, so unless I wait to get a third jewel somehow to get 10k, then I'm only getting 6,000 coins, which only covers about 1/2 the cost of all the items available.

On the other hand, I'm also very mindful of the 99999 cap... After all, I had the coins to burn, anyway. I tend to end up stockpiling a good amount of it after a week - sometimes, I end up like having a steady flow of coins.

Might as well as have some Jewels.

Phew, made it in to the top 30,000!

You guys think I'll be okay? Shall I check again before it finishes in case I've dropped out?

zlCfzTXkS-Ud1AtL1y

Gosh darn, I'm jealous of that score.

Also... I finally spent items on Regirock. Beat him with 8 turns left with a Mega Start, Disruption Delay and Attack Boost.

Son of a gun broke out of 3 Great Balls and broke my heart. On the plus side, I followed someone's advice and reset as soon as Regirock ran, saving 7500 coins. But I don't think I'm gonna try him again anytime soon...

We should have a competition to see who can post the worst score on Mega Lucario.

Oh and 0-6 on that daily poke too. EDIT: 1-9 Woo!

zlCfzTXp9Igc4Vzp7b

EDIT: Accidentally saved this score but 13th worst ain't to shabby.

OmegaX

I decided to go all out on Regirock. I used Mega Start, damage, and disruption delay. I still had to use 4 great balls to catch it =/
I need to grind Meowth now.

Etria

S rank is more than half the moves left. So 7 moves = 4 or more for S.

I must have been thinking of what Loptous mentioned below:
It's usually moves/2 in normal stages and odd numbers are rounded down.

Regirock seems to spam unbreakable blocks when you get it down to very little HP, but it happens randomly from what I've experienced.

11 tries to catch Girafarig.

I've tried many more times and Girafarig keeps breaking out of the Pokeball. The catchability % does not make sense for some Pokemon :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part of me hopes they do more Mega Stone events that're move based instead of time based. Also kind of wish they could do two events at the same time, one repeat and a new one.

Pokemaniac

REGIROCK IS MINE!!!!

zlCfzTXpufUmAYp_br

zlCfzTXpt6stWD4ITu

All I needed to do was grind for a week straight, raising two of my Pokemon to level MAX in the process, then still use an Attack Power Up, since even with that team I can't actually beat it without items.

I hate this game.

I caught it with at 25% with 11 moves left without having to use a Great Ball for those curious.

All I needed to do was grind for a week straight, raising two of my Pokemon to level MAX in the process, then still use an Attack Power Up, since even with that team I can't actually beat it without items.

There's no reason you couldn't have beaten him without items with that team.

My teams were significantly weaker but got to a point were any combination had the ability to beat Regi without items.

Mega Blastoise (lv 9) Milotic (lv 8) Keldeo (lv 3) Kyogre (lv 4)

Mega Lucario (max) Bronzong (lv 6) Milotic (lv 8) Blastoise (lv 9)

Mega Mawile (lv 6) Lucario (max) Sceptile (lv 8) Groudon (lv 7)

Stage On

Gosh darn Regirock. I actually managed to beat it with out items but with so few moves left that the capture rate was pathetic and after wasting 3 great balls it ran away and I got nothing since I had to use the reset trick to avoid wasting a bunch of coins.

On the other hand I managed to get into the top 7000 on the Lucario bonus stage with out using any items, but I'll have to keep a close eye on it to make sure I stay in the top 30,000. I hope more event stages are like this since turn based is much more manageable then time based since I couldn't place in any of those.

Pokemaniac

There's no reason you couldn't have beaten him without items with that team.

My teams were significantly weaker but got to a point were any combination had the ability to beat Regi without items.

Mega Blastoise (lv 9) Milotic (lv 8) Keldeo (lv 3) Kyogre (lv 4)

Mega Lucario (max) Bronzong (lv 6) Milotic (lv 8) Blastoise (lv 9)

Mega Mawile (lv 6) Lucario (max) Sceptile (lv 8) Groudon (lv 7)

It may have just been luck of the draw, but I couldn't get regirock below about 1/4 HP without items.

Edit: Also looking at your teams, I think I may have not optimized abilities as effectively as I could have.

Stage On

It may have just been luck of the draw, but I couldn't get regirock below about 1/4 HP without items.

The trick is not to mess with the two side columms in row 2 and 5. Match things vertically in other columns which will break the blocks and have him hurt himself with his own disruptions.

Pokemaniac

The trick is not to mess with the two side columms in row 2 and 5. Match things vertically in other columns which will break the blocks and have him hurt himself with his own disruptions.

I did mostly stick to that. Of course I try it again right now and get him down to a sliver.

I blame the RNG.

Top Bottom