• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

It may have just been luck of the draw, but I couldn't get regirock below about 1/4 HP without items.

Edit: Also looking at your teams, I think I may have not optimized abilities as effectively as I could have.
I thought Kyogre was the answer too at first. He was on my first successful team. But then I realized it's all in the chains right after the two columns fall and making sure disruptions don't hinder all that open space just created. Really the team didn't seem to matter as long as you got a few nice chains and managed to evolve around turns 16-20.

LOLDSFAN

Alright so I finally got enough S ranks to unlock the Mewtwo EX stage.

Will try to catch him when I get my hearts back and then level him up until near the end of the Lucario event.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
These dailies are so easy. 20 moves and I beat it in five!

Catching them is another matter, though.
Helps when you have a team for today's Daily that's all Lv. Max Pokemon (thanks, Meowth, for leveling up my Fighting Types).

...also second daily this week I caught on my first attempt.

Growlie19

It took me five hearts to capture Kecleon. Too bad normal types are essentially useless in a game where type advantages matter. Oh well, back to coin grinding.

Regirock's been finally figured out on Miiverse. Remove the last pokemon from your team and leave the spot empty

That spot get's filled by Regi and functions like a Complexity -1 or more accurately like Feebas on the Milotic Stage, he beats himself with his own disruptions.

So yeaaaah ... I didn't even know you could remove a poke from your team and bring only 3.

llehuty

Regirock's been finally figured out on Miiverse. Remove the last pokemon from your team and leave the spot empty

That spot get's filled by Regi and functions like a Complexity -1 or more accurately like Feebas on the Milotic Stage, he beats himself with his own disruptions.

So yeaaaah ... I didn't even know you could remove a poke from your team and bring only 3.

tumblr_mcql89X6Dr1r1ezpg.gif

Game changer.

-Horizon-

:eek:

Could've saved some money a while back if I knew this then.

Qurupeke

I'll try this out. I hope it works because this Regi wrecked me.

Edit: Welp, it works pretty great. I didn't manage to beat it at first try but still I was only a couple of moves away. Without items I barely managed to reach half its health before.

Chris1

Wait... you can do that? Mind = blown

Robin64

Tried it and came close to beating him with 15 moves left, then the damn steel blocks kicked in. Ended up getting it on 8 moves left, but that's only 19% catch.

...which was apparently enough to catch it! Hooray! Finally.

EndMerit

REGIROCK IS MINE!!!!

zlCfzTXpufUmAYp_br

zlCfzTXpt6stWD4ITu

All I needed to do was grind for a week straight, raising two of my Pokemon to level MAX in the process, then still use an Attack Power Up, since even with that team I can't actually beat it without items.

I'm having trouble getting any of my Pokemon past level 8. Are there some worthwhile strategies, or are the last levels just grinding after some more grinding?

I wish I had known you could do that on Regirock before I spent a load of coins on him a couple days ago.
Great news though! If the other Golems follow a similar strategy it'd be quite nice.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I knew there had to be a trick.

Edit: Got the little fucker without using items. God bless you, Caddy.

LOLDSFAN

Lol I wish I would have known this before I spent coins on it. XD

Lunar FC

This. Changes. Everything!

Pokemaniac

Wow, I never thought if doing something like that.

I'm having trouble getting any of my Pokemon past level 8. Are there some worthwhile strategies, or are the last levels just grinding after some more grinding?

Just grinding. If your team can at least come close to beating Ampharos consistently, use that stage to grind. If it can't, then Buneary is a slower but also pretty good option.

OmegaX

I knew I should have waited until the last day before spending my coins =(

Stage On

Thanks for the Regirock tip. It allowed me to finally beat him consistently with out spending gold on items instead of only on pure luck. I had to use a great ball to finally catch him but it was worth it to finally be done with him.

I'd use my coins to get past Mega Mewtwo but I might need them to secure the Lucarionight. *sigh*

Doesn't leave much for me to do other then daily's.

Any advice for the Blaziken and Heatran ex stages? I've gotten all the other ex pokemon up to Xerneas but am not having much luck with those two.

DocSeuss

So what Pokemon SHOULD you have? I'm still not getting the right damage output.

Caught Shuckle on a 10% - 0 turns left.

Shuckle is a puzzling stage. You can kind of tell from the music, then again.

Hopefully after a few level-ups Regirock is beatable now. I'll have to go check again in about 2 hours, though.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck I missed Kecleon. There's usually a second round of dailies immediatley after the first, right?

So what Pokemon SHOULD you have? I'm still not getting the right damage output.

I'm partial towards Mega Mawile for his ability to generate more chains compared to Mega Blastoise or M Lucario. Those two always drop those tile patterns and you never get a huge chain once they clear the board. But he's so weak you have to pair him with your strongest two options. I used Lucario/Groudon but could have swapped in Sceptile for either in hopes of triggering his Vitality Drain twice.

Really a Stabilze+/Block Bash team should work fine too. I didn't try Mega Blastoise/Bronzong/Milotic but I would bet that trio would have success as well.

Chopper

So we have the next 21-odd hours to catch Shuckle, even though the maximum catch rate achievable is about 19%. I've just used up my 5 hearts for the morning. Good job I have nothing else to do today!

octopiggy

So we have the next 21-odd hours to catch Shuckle, even though the maximum catch rate achievable is about 19%. I've just used up my 5 hearts for the morning. Good job I have nothing else to do today!

The theme of this batch of dailies seem to be "super easy, super shitty catch rate". Such a waste of time.

edit: ...and I catch it with my next heart at 13%.

No luck with Shuckle either, but I'm happy that the Regirock 3-Pokemon trick works.

Still can't catch the bugger, but at least I can actually beat him without items.

...And, hey, maybe one of those 3-5% rates will actually work.

Zeeman

No luck with Shuckle either, but I'm happy that the Regirock 3-Pokemon trick works.

Still can't catch the bugger, but at least I can actually beat him without items.

...And, hey, maybe one of those 3-5% rates will actually work.

I actually almost feel bad that I managed to catch Regirock with 5% the first time I actually beat him.

Although I managed to spend all my coins unsuccessfully trying to catch Pinsir, so Shuffle giveth, Shuffle taketh away.

Top Bottom