• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

octopiggy

Just S-ranked Mewtwo meaning I have now caught and S-ranked all currently available pokemon.
Once I get my Lucarionite (I'm currently about 3,500th in Europe) then I will officially be completely up to date.

Syntsui

Mega Lucario is harder than I thought. All my Pokémon that are super effective sucks and I'm not even close to get a Mewtwo or Xerneas. Looks like I'm fucked again.

Sagitario

Remove the last pokemon from your team and leave the spot empty

That spot get's filled by Regi and functions like a Complexity -1 or more accurately like Feebas on the Milotic Stage, he beats himself with his own disruptions.

So yeaaaah ... I didn't even know you could remove a poke from your team and bring only 3.

I wish this worked on more stages. Usually if you remove the 3rd monster (or one of your Pokémon is already being used/put in the stage), it gets replaced by a Pidgey.

Robin64

Just hit Quilladin. Fuck that, I'm out.

..maybe I'll just catch the rest of this week's daily Pokemon first, though.

Edit: Blech, whatever, spent 3500 coins to beat Quilladin. Caught at 41%, so I don't need to worry about it again for a while.

JoeM86

Just hit Quilladin. Fuck that, I'm out.

..maybe I'll just catch the rest of this week's daily Pokemon first, though.

Edit: Blech, whatever, spent 3500 coins to beat Quilladin. Caught at 41%, so I don't need to worry about it again for a while.

How many times will you say this? :p

Once you start Shuffle, you'll never be out

I promise you I only made one move and only got an A-rank.

I can believe this now. Sorry to have doubted you!

I beat Relicanth with 8 moves left and got an A-rank. Weird though, I beat Shuckle with 3 moves left and got an S-rank so I can't think why you got an A rank for beating it with 4.

I'm convinced I did an attack for 0 damage this morning as well. I was playing Meowth and it had a sliver of health left. I matched five venusaurs which should have taken it out easily and it didn't do anything, so I lost my 330 coins. So weird.

Spades

I can believe this now. Sorry to have doubted you!

I beat Relicanth with 8 moves left and got an A-rank. Weird though, I beat Shuckle with 3 moves left and got an S-rank so I can't think why you got an A rank for beating it with 4.

Ha, that's fine. My only assumption is that my score was too low and to get an S-Rank you need a combination of a score over a certain amount and X number of moves left. For reference, I later beat him using 2 moves, with a much higher score, and got the S-Rank.

Got Relicanth and also went and S-rank caught Frogadier.

Now to deal with the rest of the standard stage uncaught Pokémon.

I think I'll try five tries of Regirock later tonight

Ha, that's fine. My only assumption is that my score was too low and to get an S-Rank you need a combination of a score over a certain amount and X number of moves left. For reference, I later beat him using 2 moves, with a much higher score, and got the S-Rank.

That's so weird though, because almost every stage in existence has had its rank based on moves remaining alone. Wish we knew the scores so that next Wednesday we could do a bit of testing to see if it is just a glitch.

On a side note, Regirock has killed my misguided obsession with S-ranking special stages. Today, I got an A-rank on my first try with Relicanth and caught it on the spot. I don't think I'm going to go back and up my rank, which is amazing for me.

Caught Relicanth on my first try, 8 moves left, A-Rank.

Never caught Shuckle though. I was too lazy and relied on luck to clear the stage, so I ended up with a lot of huge chains on my last move, and some failures as well.

Upped my Lucario score from 7000's to 8000's and that put me around #18,000. If I can somehow catch Xerneas and Mewtwo without items I could do better.

Oh man, I was so busy I forgot to catch Shuckle.

First thing I ever missed in the game, but I guess I've got next week too.

Funnily enough, I'm not actually that bothered that I'm missing it. But if I miss Regirock, I will be pretty annoyed.

stolin

Started playing this yesterday in my wait for P&D on 3DS. It's super fun, but damn I wish I could just pay a single $10 and play it as long as I want.

I strongly agree. I've been playing this for 90+ hours now, have caught every Pokemon/Mega Stone but have not spent a dime. The waiting 2.5 hours before hearts to refill is annoying when I have the time to play a longer session. I tend to play in burst and this current Heart model is impeding and doesn't have value for paying for Hearts. Grinding or paying for coins, which are consumable gameplay buffs for Levels.

For me the best scenario is adding a $10 option for unlimited hearts, if I wanna play for 4 hours straight and then not touch it for a day, or just wanna grind out coins, or level up, etc.. I really like the timed events, challenges, etc, keep that cycle going to 720 Pokemon.

I'm curious how many players here have paid for Hearts or Coins ? Seems like most just grind on Meowth or have patience and use skill on the levels.

octopiggy

I'll be glad to get these dailies out of the way. Relicanth took me 8 hearts and I still haven't caught Spiritomb after 5 hearts.

Keep forgetting to hold down + B.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I know I haven't been following Pokemon for a while (stopped after Gold/Silver), because I had a WTF reaction when I first saw Spiritomb's picture.

Robin64

I know I haven't been following Pokemon for a while (stopped after Gold/Silver), because I had a WTF reaction when I first saw Spiritomb's picture.

To be fair, the Shuffle sprite is a bit odd. It looks better in main games.

Spr_4d_442.png
spiritomb.gif

Syntsui

I can barely play the ''main game'' and I'm not wasting hearts with these daily useless Pokémon because fucking Regirock refuses to be caught and Mega Lucario is still hard as fuck to get a decent score without some very late game Pokémons. This game man... this game...

daydream

Banned

Haha, had the exact same reaction.

The Shuffle version, at least, looks hilariously hideous but the real version's not exactly a beacon of monster design, either.

Top Bottom