• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Syntsui

Shaymin is hard as fuck,even with level 7 M-Gengar, 5 Ninetales, 5 Scyther, 6 Scyzor. I could only beat it one time, and it escaped.

daydream

Banned
An event 'mon with a decent catch rate and overall fair difficulty, plus a free Complexity -1. They were really feeling generous.

-Horizon-

Shaymin is hard as fuck,even with level 7 M-Gengar, 5 Ninetales, 5 Scyther, 6 Scyzor. I could only beat it one time, and it escaped.
I had banette instead of gengar and nidoking instead of scizor (gengar might've made it easier for me lol)
otherwise, it was the same and around the same levels

how are you starting the round? do you try to get rid of the top ice parts first?

An event 'mon with a decent catch rate and overall fair difficulty, plus a free Complexity -1. They were really feeling generous.

So you're saying they're gonna outright screw us over next week? :T

Rarutos

I finally caught both Xerneas AND Blaziken today!!! Had to use a Great Ball for both but it was worth it to suffer less headache lol

Shaymin was way easy. Use Glalie. Clear 5 of the 6 top barriers, then the bottom, then mega evolve, then you combo like mad.

I beat it without even trying the first time, then with 8 moves left when I made an effort.

Robin64

Huh, wait a sec. I just caught Shaymin this morning and received 1000 coins.
But I already beat the stage the day it came out (only C rank, heh) and got 1000 coins then too.
Uhm..

Orgen

Just used a Complexity-1 (the free that was given) for the first time ever in the Mewtwo EX stage... holy shit, more than 1 minute left, caught at 61% and of course an S Rank.

I felt like I cheated a bit :| I now understand the outstanding scores in the competitions for the gems...

Syntsui

I had banette instead of gengar and nidoking instead of scizor (gengar might've made it easier for me lol)
otherwise, it was the same and around the same levels

how are you starting the round? do you try to get rid of the top ice parts first?

So you're saying they're gonna outright screw us over next week? :T

Yes, I went for the ones on top. After 4 more tries and a great ball I caught it. It was not ideal, but at least it's a good Pokémon. Good that the daily Pokémon today is useless, so I can focus on grinding.

Edit: Shaymin is giving 1k everytime you beat it? hohohoho here we go bruhs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh snap, Shaymin giving out 1,000 per day? I'm already close to having 40k coins, but doing that once a day might remind me to continue playing along with checking in. P&D SMB Edition is just too addicting and makes me forget about Shuffle..

Chopper

Oh snap, Shaymin giving out 1,000 per day? I'm already close to having 40k coins, but doing that once a day might remind me to continue playing along with checking in. P&D SMB Edition is just too addicting and makes me forget about Shuffle..
Shhhhhhhhh

JoeM86

New patch is live. Version 1.2.0

You now always have 5 regenerating hearts, even if you have more than 5 hearts in Shuffle, so you won't wear down beyond the initial 5 unless you choose to
CF-eBgTWAAMgZBH.png

They also added showing the level and experience of Pokémon when you bring them via optimize

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, just checked & it's up in the US as well. It asked me if I wanted to update the game as I selected it.

So wait, you can hold more than 5 hearts at once now?!

-Horizon-

New patch is live. Version 1.2.0

You now always have 5 regenerating hearts, even if you have more than 5 hearts in Shuffle, so you won't wear down beyond the initial 5 unless you choose to
CF-eBgTWAAMgZBH.png

They also added showing the level and experience of Pokémon when you bring them via optimize

very nice

So, since I updated to 1.2, I'm getting a "Failed to retrieve data for check-in" error. This happening to anyone else?
Just head to the eshop for the Update, all checking in does is tell you there's an update on the eshop.

EDIT: Maybe you need to check in too for extra data... apparently Victini was added but he's not in my list.

zlCfzTZUIR0UyiA9HY

Chris1

Cool, just checked & it's up in the US as well. It asked me if I wanted to update the game as I selected it.

So wait, you can hold more than 5 hearts at once now?!

Yep it seems like you can store a max of 10 now.

Not sure what the rare candy thing is, it looks like all pokemon with megastones it though in varying amounts. Blastoise 0/4, Ampharos 0/7, Altaria 0/6, Kangaskhan 0/8, Sableye 0/8, Lucarionite 0/4, Slowbro 0/2, Gengar 0/1, Mawile 0/7, Glalie 0/6, Aerodactyl 0/7, Mewtwo 0/5, Banette 0/8. Not sure what that is but it seems to be loosely tied to how many matches it takes to mega evolve at first glance.

Pokemaniac

It seems that I've gotten the extra data with Victini, but I can't get the daily 500 coins.

Anyone know if it's safe to delete this game's extra data?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hahaha, you can get 1,000 coins AGAIN from Shaymin? I'll have to try that out.

Looks like you gotta re-check in as it mentions there's extra data. Can't even access the Special stages until you do so, even if you already checked in earlier for the day.

Edit: Oh hey, they fixed the glitch where Mewtwo wouldn't show up if you searched for Pokemon with Mega Stones.

So of the 15 Mega Pokemon, here's the candy requirements:

Blastoise: 4
Audino: 3
Ampharos: 7
Altaria: 6
Lopunny: 8
Kangaskhan: 8
Sableye: 8
Lucario: 4
Slowbro: 2
Mawile: 7
Gengar: 1
Glalie: 6
Aerodactyl: 7
Mewtwo: 5
Banette: 8

I like how Gengar only needs ONE, yet there's four that require 8. Wonder why the different amounts. Maybe it increases the Mega Effects?

Chris1

I like how Gengar only needs ONE, yet there's four that require 8. Wonder why the different amounts. Maybe it increases the Mega Effects?

I think it may be somehow related to how many moves it takes to mega evolve. Gengar evolves the quickest so he can only get 1 rare candy, while the ones at 8 must take the most matches?

Not sure how many matches each of the Pokemon take so maybe someone that knows can look into that more, but at first glance that's how it seems to be loosely based on.

Doesn't seem like you can increase rare candy count right now either, took Gengar with me and it didn't increase, then took Mega Kangskhan with me to MK stage and activated its mega ability, didn't increase it either.

I think it may be somehow related to how many moves it takes to mega evolve. Gengar evolves the quickest so he can only get 1 rare candy, while the ones at 8 must take the most matches?

Not sure how many matches each of the Pokemon take so maybe someone that knows can look into that more, but at first glance that's how it seems to be loosely based on.

Doesn't seem like you can increase rare candy count right now either, took Gengar with me and it didn't increase, then took Mega Kangskhan with me to MK stage and activated its mega ability, didn't increase it either.
That's a good theory but Lucario's # would be lower than someone like Slowbro if that's the case.

Chris1

That's a good theory but Lucario's # would be lower than someone like Slowbro if that's the case.

Hmmm maybe not then.

Also saw this on reddit:

WARNING Home button trick was removed, if you need it for an Expert stage do it before updating.
Serebii reports something called Super Catch Power (doubles chance after Great Ball, seems to be randomly available)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Figured the manual would've been updated to reflect the candy, but nope. Can't find the update on the eShop either since I figured it might've had some kind of descriptions about the update.

Pokemaniac

I'm having no issues checking in, have you tried restarting your router? may be a problem on your end.

While I can't really reset the router because I'm currently technically getting Internet through a school, I have tried doing it on my phone's Internet connection via tethering, and had the same issue.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Pokémon base power and skill are shown after being captured"

Hmm, that's a nice little addition. Too bad I can't test it out yet until we get new stages.

WARNING Home button trick was removed, if you need it for an Expert stage do it before updating.
Serebii reports something called Super Catch Power (doubles chance after Great Ball, seems to be randomly available)

Yep just tried it out, that's bogus. I suck at those timed stages, I don't think I would have won some of them without it. Guess it forces you to spend coins on those EX stages, which I only did for Genesect.

Chris1

While I can't really reset the router because I'm currently technically getting Internet through a school, I have tried doing it on my phone's Internet connection via tethering, and had the same issue.

Seems like others have the problem now. Maybe it's a regional problem? UK here.

Yep just tried it out, that's bogus. I suck at those timed stages, I don't think I would have won some of them without it. Guess it forces you to spend coins on those EX stages, which I only did for Genesect.

To be honest I'm glad it got removed as I never used it anyway, at least now it'll be based on skill and I might not have to spend coins.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Didn't even know of that home button trick. I caught every Pokemon legit.

Also yay, chance to further increase catch rate after Great Ball (Ultra Ball?). Though I wonder, how much will it cost?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Timburr stage glitch involving regular versions of Pokemon appearing despite being in their Mega form has been fixed as well.

Edit: Didn't the game originally take you to the newest stage whenever you switched to Expert or Main? I could've sworn whenever I returned to Main after doing a Special Stage, it'd always take me to the newest Pokemon stage, but now it seems it stays at whatever location you were at before leaving. This could be helpful considering how far back Meowth is.

via SciresM

-A new item called "Mega Speedup" was added.
"Use it on a Mega-Evolving Pokémon, and it'll Mega Evolve a little sooner!"

There are a ton of new abilities too...

-New Abilities Added:
Hyper Punch (Attacks sometimes deal greater damage than usual.)
Power of 4+ (Attacks do even more damage when you make a match of four.)
Power of 5+ (Attacks do even more damage when you make a match of five.)
Crowd Power (The more [VAR: name] in the puzzle area, the more damage.)
Double Normal (Increases damage done by any Normal types in a combo.)
Mega Boost+ (Fills the Mega Gauge of the same type of Pokémon more.)
Mega Boost++ (Fills the Mega Gauge of same type of Pokémon even more.)
Stabilize++ (Occasionally erases five of the foe's disruptions on the board.)
Rock Break+ (Sometimes destroys three breakable-rock disruptions.)
Rock Break++ (Sometimes destroys five breakable-rock disruptions.)
Cloud Clear+ (Sometimes clears away three black-cloud disruptions.)
Cloud Clear++ (Sometimes clears away five black-cloud disruptions.)
Block Smash+ (Sometimes clears three unbreakable-block disruptions.)
Block Smash++ (Sometimes clears five unbreakable-block disruptions.)
Eject+ (Sometimes removes three non-Support Pokémon icons.)
Eject++ (Sometimes removes five non-Support Pokémon icons.)
Barrier Bash+ (Sometimes removes three barrier-type disruptions.)
Barrier Bash++ (Sometimes removes five barrier-type disruptions.)
Swap+ (Can replace some disruptions with this Pokémon.)
Swap++ (Can replace many disruptions with this Pokémon.)
Shock Attack (Leaves the foe paralyzed.)
Nosedive (Attacks can occasionally deal greater damage than usual.)
Sky Blast (Increases damage done by any Flying types in a combo.)
Poisonous Mist (Does more damage when the opponent has more HP left.)
Downpour (Does more damage when the opponent has more HP left.)
Super Bolt (Attacks can occasionally deal greater damage than usual.)

-New Mega Abilities Added:
Erases Pokémon with three lines from upper right to lower left.
Erases Pokémon with three lines from upper left to lower right.
Erases rocks (max 10), and also does damage to the foe.
Erases blocks (max 10), and also does damage to the foe.
Erases Pokémon that are covered by a barrier (max 10).
Erases a Pokémon of a different type from [VAR: megaName] (max 10).
Erases a jagged line of Pokémon horizontally.
Erases a group of Pokémon in the middle at once.
Erases Pokémon on a random jagged line horizontally

And Finally....

Mega Venusaur is NEXT

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, so stronger versions of existing skills and a few new ones.

And wonder how one would obtain "Mega Speedup", but the theory that more candy required = the longer it takes for the Pokemon to evolve was correct. I wonder if getting 8 for, say, Sableye, would make him evolve as fast as, say, Gengar.

Also yay new Mega Stone to collect. Please let it be move based again.

Top Bottom